Revamping the Brazilian league system

JNewton

I'm currently editing the Brazilian league system. The first three levels will be left nearly untouched, but I want the Série D (fourth level) to be replaced by the state championships, in what teams in the top three divisions won't play them anymore. The state champions would play for spots in the next year's Série C.

However, I want the reserves from teams in the top three divisions to play in the state championships, being unable to win promotion for the Série C. Also, the reserves shall be replaced by the main team if they are relegated from the C. For example: São José (RS) will play in the 2019 Série C. So, their reserves will also play in the 2019 Gaúcho State Championship. If the main team is relegated, the reserves shall be scrapped from the state pyramid and replaced by the main one. And if they achieve promotion from the state league, the reserve team shall appear again.

Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb JNewton:

I'm currently editing the Brazilian league system. The first three levels will be left nearly untouched, but I want the Série D (fourth level) to be replaced by the state championships, in what teams in the top three divisions won't play them anymore. The state champions would play for spots in the next year's Série C.

However, I want the reserves from teams in the top three divisions to play in the state championships, being unable to win promotion for the Série C. Also, the reserves shall be replaced by the main team if they are relegated from the C. For example: São José (RS) will play in the 2019 Série C. So, their reserves will also play in the 2019 Gaúcho State Championship. If the main team is relegated, the reserves shall be scrapped from the state pyramid and replaced by the main one. And if they achieve promotion from the state league, the reserve team shall appear again.

Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance.

That the reserve of Sao Paulo, as described in your example, is eliminated is not a problem, the editor throws it out of the competition by playing the 1st team in the same league.
The fact that it rises again when the 1st team comes into the Serie C is again a bigger problem, since the reserve ends up in a container. Maybe it would be possible, if you should set the following for teams: "All Teams from Division" "Serie C" "Team Type: Reserve". So if Sao Paulo were to move up again, the reserve would go back into the Regional Division.

Archived