3421 Possession, goals and beautiful football.

Good afternoon all, 

This is my first crack at uploading a tactic so please be gentle :rolleyes:, this tactic has took me the best part of 5 seasons to get how I want it.

I wanted the team to want to get the ball down and play, with as many people in the opposition half as possible available for short passes, it makes it a lot easier to carve teams open in my opinion, it also helps with the relentless press if more people are high up the pitch.

The tactic does have set piece exploits set up although they only contribute a small portion of the goals, the RPM takes both corners and the LM takes left side throws, RM takes the right side.

In terms of specific PI's, I recommend adding shoot less to the RPM and the BWM as they tend to get a lot of room and end up shooting from all sorts of distances, I use De Bruyne as the RPM so have left this for now.

SK - The usual, has to be able to distribute well but also the usual... goalkeeping.

CD - Ideally right foot on right side and left on left, have to be great defenders, with some passing ability ideally 12+
L - Good defender, even better midfielder, needs to be able to bring the ball out comfortably, passing and composure 15+

WM - Right side = right foot and left side = left foot. These guys provide all width, have to be great crosser, good finishing helps too as they steal in at the back post quite regularly for tap-ins.

BWM - Sits slightly deeper than the midfield, usually picking the ball up off the Libero, passing/vision/composure/tackling essential.

RPM - Think... KDB

AM - I pondered a few roles for this position, settled on old school! AM's will provide lots of goals and assists, think Dele Alli.

AF - Finishing, composure, off the ball, anticipation. This guy will get you a LOT of goals.

Tests done

Real Betis - 2nd in first season, won everything after that for 3 seasons.

Man City - left Betis, took City job, won everything first season there except Carabao as played u23's.

Thank you for reading, I hope this works for you as it has done for me, if it doesn't well I appreciate the feedback.

Mr Green.

3421.png

career stats.png

betis trophys.png

betis final season.png

3-4-2-1 - Custom Tiki-Taka.fmf

On 08/03/2019 at 16:01, Corndog69 said:

I’m intrigued by this set up! Love a Libero, I’ll have a crack with it

I had a quick half season test with Blackburn, Armstrong wouldn't stop scoring!! Mulgrew is a great Libero too, technical attributes are insane!

Good luck!

On 08/03/2019 at 20:07, Coolio5 said:

I’m 5 seasons in and my Leeds team just won the champions league. I was struggling against teams who sit deep and this tactic is working like a dream for me so far. Won 5 on the bounce.

Buzzing for you!
Hope it continues to work!

17 hours ago, Jamieac said:

This is the type of tactic no one has really tried to create this year.

Haven't seen many possession based tactics this year will give this a try.

I was sick of seeing the same old tactics with the same old things, its all set pieces from what I see, I've just tried to recreate something I love watching!

Hopefully it works out for you.

Working beautifully this, lovely football and very high possession stats. 5 wins in 5 for me with Sheffield United and defensively very solid.

Rotating the mentality depending on home/away and opposition seems to be fine too. Big fan

On 10/03/2019 at 11:12, MrGreen555 said:

I had a quick half season test with Blackburn, Armstrong wouldn't stop scoring!! Mulgrew is a great Libero too, technical attributes are insane!

Good luck!

Any screenshot of results 

I used this tactic for a bit with Roma. It's not bad at all and I like the concept and the fact that nobody else has covered this module. However, I have dumped it after a while as the team was playing in a very dull and repetitive way, albeit with decent results.

• 2 weeks later...

Really interesting tactic. I normally shy away from 'possession' tactics on FM so my attempts to create one in this years game have been dreadful, and I've struggled to balance chance creation with keeping the ball regularly. 

I'll give this a go though in a save. How did moving the wide midfielders to WBs work?

On 18/03/2019 at 15:18, fidelitywars said:

Looks hugely interesting; will certainly give this a go.

Any chance somebody who's been using this set-up could post their assist types, please? Are people seeing through-balls/passing move goals or is there still a reliance on crossing?

How do you check "assist types"? 

• 2 weeks later...

I love this! The first libero-tactic that I really works. 

One note: I struggle a bit to get the stirkers running. I've used it for two seasons with Arsenal and play Auba/Laca in front of Ozil+Miki.

Even Ozil outscored Auba last season..

Archived