AMD ryzen 3

Hi, I have just purchased a new laptop online and kind of rushed into it(idiot). I bought an HP laptop with AMD ryzen 2200u with 8GB of RAM. I should have bought the ryzen 5, but will this still work with football manager with several leagues and not be slow? Thanks 

Being absolutely honest? It's not going to run it spectacularly well, from what I can see. That model of processor will run at slightly above the minimum requirements, and the turbo speed on the processor is fast, but the issue is that this model tends to throttle the speed of the processor quite a lot when it is under intense load, which it will be most of the time with FM (as FM is very processor heavy). This means, for much of FM, you're likely to only be running at the lowest speed when doing processor intense parts of FM, and with the base speed being 2.5GHz (and the minimum specs being 2.2GHz, it's probably going to run fairly slowly.

Thanks for your reply, so do you think the ryzen 5 would have been better by a large scale or only slightly? I took this out on finance so probably not worth the hassle of cancelling. 

4 hours ago, HarrisFFC said:

Thanks for your reply, so do you think the ryzen 5 would have been better by a large scale or only slightly? I took this out on finance so probably not worth the hassle of cancelling. 

Depending on what Ryzen 5 processor you're on about, yea, it would have been a big boost, you'd have been able to include quite a few extra leagues/countries. If you just use England and Scotland though, you might be alright.

12 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Depending on what Ryzen 5 processor you're on about, yea, it would have been a big boost, you'd have been able to include quite a few extra leagues/countries. If you just use England and Scotland though, you might be alright.

Thankfully last night I managed to cancel it before it was too late. Decided I might as well spend more if I’m going to have it for a while. What option would be better out of these 2 or would there be any other suggestions around the £500 mark. Cheers again

https://www.ebuyer.com/835633-lenovo-v130-intel-i5-256gb-ssd-laptop-81hn00fauk

or 

https://www.ebuyer.com/855754-lenovo-v330-14arr-ryzen-5-laptop-81b1001euk

I think the general problem is that all Ryzen work good on their multicores, but FM is mostly using only the main core to crunch the numbers. So id always go for the Intel. Less cores and high processing power on the main core. In  m ypersonal opionion the i5 is the sweet spot to hit when running FM ATM, decent processing power actually used. All extra cores and great graphic cards dont really improve a lot for a high price. If you have extra Money get an i 7 but ist already in the little gain in the game for a hefty price department.

Edited by GerdMuller

It will run very well. Don't listen to the other guys.

Ryzen 3 is a decent cpu. Everybody will recommend the i7, of course. That's wasted money when you load only England. The ryzen 3 can certainly handle a big database.

I have a desktop version of the Ryzen 5 and it performs really well. from what I can see looking at the way my processor utilises its cores you only get the benefit of the extra cores if the detail level is turned up. If I set the detail level to simulate all matches in a few leagues then all cores are fully utilised. If the detail levels are "default" then it tends to use one or two cores. 

I would say either would be a good purchase for FM.  I also find that since FM has spikes of CPU intensity (eg when you press continue) then the boost clocks should be attainable as they will not be required to sustain a boost for more than say 30 seconds.

Clock speed is king so go with whatever has the highest clock speed. 

• 7 months later...

I agree with Vali it will run just fine, most replies on forums like this tell you the wrong info because it's not their favourite brand, or if it's not gonna run it at lightspeed then it's a bad CPU, so yes it will run it well. Will it be best ... No would a ryzen 5 be better.. yes.

On 05/04/2019 at 12:01, GerdMuller said:

I think the general problem is that all Ryzen work good on their multicores, but FM is mostly using only the main core to crunch the numbers. So id always go for the Intel. Less cores and high processing power on the main core. In  m ypersonal opionion the i5 is the sweet spot to hit when running FM ATM, decent processing power actually used. All extra cores and great graphic cards dont really improve a lot for a high price. If you have extra Money get an i 7 but ist already in the little gain in the game for a hefty price department.

I can say from first-hand experience, having a laptop with the Ryzen 5 2500U, that these CPUs work with FM very well.

Everyone raves about the Intel stuff still, ignoring the fact that actually AMD have closed the gap considerably with the Ryzens and they're pretty close to being equivalent, enough so that the average user would notice little difference.

11 hours ago, Mr Tom said:

How many leagues can a Ryzen 3200G compared to a Ryzen 3600/ how good will it run?

I have a 2400G I run 8-12 nations 1st and 2nd divs so roughly 24 leagues. With large database and players from top divisions Europe and South America. Runs fine get through a season fairly quickly. On FM19 I have a save 24 seasons in and still ran smooth 

• 2 weeks later...