dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, you picked Farnborough. Come on Aldershot!!!
The DDT file is to make sure that the squads that get promoted from the lower leagues would have all the players they would have in real life (unless they have been sold/released).
I thought the point of the DDT file was to give lower rep sides full squads, but I may be wrong. Take a look at the first few pages of the thread, I think most issues are covered there. The only thing I can think of is to make sure the DDT file is selected in the "Preferences>Extra files" section.

Well that makes more sense.I've just double checked to see if I put the DDT file in the correct folder, and I have.But it's not in the extra files in the preferences.I installed the game through Steam originally, but have made a shortcut on my desktop so it doesn;t have to load everytime.But I had to put the DDT file in the Program Files/Steam etc etc folder.Could this be why it's not working?

Does anyone else ever offer the High League/Cup bonuses? If so, do you think it had any effect?

Yeah I always put both to high. I've only won BSP, but the high bonuses seems to improve the morale of the squad.

This is what can be called good form on past 5 games. All 5 games have been league games, no goals from penalties.

I have SERIOUS fears for my future at Carshalton, and for the clubs future itself.

Because the club is in so much debt, my wage budget is being reduced yearly. My current wage budget is £23,000 per week, but I'm spending £30,000 per week on wages. I've got 21 of my squad of 25 that are out of contract come the end of the season, and I can't offer them wages even close to what they're on now. I'd have to sell 10-12 players just to bring the wages down to be able to offer the rest contracts, but then the club would be in no position to stay in the division. If I can't manage to get any of them to re-sign contracts, I'm going to really struggle to a) - Stay in this division, and b)- stay in League 2 if we get relegated.

I have SERIOUS fears for my future at Carshalton, and for the clubs future itself.

Because the club is in so much debt, my wage budget is being reduced yearly. My current wage budget is £23,000 per week, but I'm spending £30,000 per week on wages. I've got 21 of my squad of 25 that are out of contract come the end of the season, and I can't offer them wages even close to what they're on now. I'd have to sell 10-12 players just to bring the wages down to be able to offer the rest contracts, but then the club would be in no position to stay in the division. If I can't manage to get any of them to re-sign contracts, I'm going to really struggle to a) - Stay in this division, and b)- stay in League 2 if we get relegated.

Whats the balance like? I had the board take out a loan to clear the debts when mine got bad.

Bradford PA BSP 2010/11

Start of my second season - five in

Evandro Brandao - Free - Formaly of Man Utd (Portugese Under 21 Int) ST

Chris Curran - Free - Formaly of Man Utd (also NI under 21 Int) AM R/L

Kofi Poyser - Free - Formaly of Aston Villa ST

Keenan Gracey - Free - Formaly of Wigan GK

Antonio Bryan - Free - Formaly of Man Utd AM R FC

New strikers added as I had one of the worst goalscoring records scoring 48 goals, my defence only conceded 28.

And I got my first job offer from Notts Co.

Started off our second Championship season without a win in the first 5 games (drew 3 home games, lost 2 away games), but finally came out victorious at Huddersfield. Club legend (read Favoured Personnel only :() Matthew Hart (signed in 2011, it's now 2021 and he's scored 144 league goals in 334 league games all the way up from Conference North) scored the winner, but I feel this may be his last season with the club. His contract is up, and I can't really afford his £150k a year wages for someone who has lost his goalscoring touch. He's not first choice anymore, either.

Something awful just happened. The save I was using wasn't working too well on this computer I'm using now so transferred it to another until this computer gets upgraded within the next week. So on the other installation I was at the top of League 2 and gotten the money from the Arsenal game and all that at the end of January. That comp started acting up and the owner of it, my father, took it to get sorted and the guy fixing it forgot to save any documents from it at all meaning all my progress is lost. Will have to start the season all over again. I'm not even sure I was promoted yet to League Two in the save on this computer. :( Oh wait....Just looked on the home network and seen that the renamed save file I'd done during the current season is on it. Will test it now to see how far I'd reached. Thankfully though, it means I'm still in League Two so no changes required to the stats. Now I've just written this for no reason at all TBH.

CV - Hitchin Town - L2 - 14/15

One word. Inconsistency. We could've finished second (would've said first, but Rochdale dominated) at a canter but due to the ups and downs of football, we didn't. We smashed team above us 5 or 6 nil, lost 2 or 3 nil to teams below us.

Table

Graph

A decent overall season, as you can see we lost in the play-off final, which was a relief to me, because I'm not sure if League 1 would've been our cup of tea with this inconsistency.

Star Players

Salif Diao-Jimenez - Brilliant. 15 assists. Was there always, ready to fight. Magical.

Mark Leacock - Again, great season. Scored a couple of goals, but got an astounding 8 assists. The ass. man reckons he can't cope here and DL area needs to be improved. We'll see, but if he continues, he's going nowhere.

Captain Chris Ramsey - Same old story, brilliant and if there's one thing I want to do with this fella, it's retire his squad number.

Craig Whelan 31 league goals in 33 league games earned him L2 Top Goalscorer award but he also bagged 6 goals in 6 games cup-wise. Brilliant.

Paul Martin - YP4 - I'm proud to include this fella. Came up through the youth ranks, got 12 assists in 52 appearances. Well done lad.

Mark Leacock and Craig Whelan - L2 Team of the Year

Well that sounds like a great game for the neutral. Bizarrely satisfyingly I managed the double over Liverpool this season.

Edit: With 6 games left of the season, I am mathematically safe from relegation. I really dont mind what happens in those last 6 games as a result, objective 1 of survival has been realised!

OK here are some screen shots as requested. Hit a bit of a rough patch but I think I have a better grip on in game management. Letting too many tying goals late.

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq189/m1illion/Matches.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq189/m1illion/Overview.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq189/m1illion/Squad.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq189/m1illion/Transfers.jpg

sorry the links are brutally ugly but I am at work so ...

Maidstone Season 16 Update 2024/25 - Premier League

Premier League Prediction 1st

Premier League Position - 1st

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - Winners

Community Shield - Runners-Up

Champions League - Winners

Club World Cup - Winners

UEFA Super Cup - Winners

League Table - League Positions

Best 11 - Overall Best 11

Another clean sweep :) The squad was a lot more settled from last season and with a revert to a 442 after a few weird formations this season was a breeze.

7 of my first team 22 are academy products and my aim is now to have a squad full of academy products. I will only sign the very best English players if I see one otherwise I am restricting myself to no transfers.

English & Youth Squad a * denotes Youth Product.

Position   Starter       SUB
GK         Burgess       Gray
DR         Stannard      Page*
DL         Dobson        Smith*
DC         Moore         Geddes*
DC         Taylor        Warner
MC         Mag Man Jr*   Smith
MC         Douglas       Alexander*
MR         Swift*        Dean*        McReady
ML         Callery       Bryant
ST         Zelic
ST         Jackson       Douglas*

Awards won by English/Youth Products

Club World Cup Best Player 1st: Mag Man Jr*

Club World Cup Best Player 2nd: Swift*

Club World Cup Best Player 3rd: Geddes*

European Defender Year 2nd: Moore

European Defender Year 3rd: Taylor

World Team Year: Taylor

Champions League Golden Boot: Jackson

Champions League Best Player 1st: Jackson

Champions League Best Player 3rd: Moore

Champions League Dream Team: Moore, Mag Man Jr*, Jackson

English Football Year 2nd: Moore

English Football Year 3rd: Taylor

Players Player Year 2nd: Jackson

Players Young Player 1st: Swift*

Players Young Player 2nd: Dobson

Players Young Player 3rd: Douglas

Players Team Year: Moore, Taylor, Dobson, Swift*, Callery, Mag Man Jr*

Club Info

Squad

Finances

Transfers

Manager Info

Personal

League         Season    Finished   Achievements
------------------------------------------------
BSS            2009/10   10th
BSS            2010/11   1st        BSS League Title
BSP            2011/12   1st        BSP League Title
League 2       2012/13   1st        League 2 Title
League 1       2013/14   2nd
Championship   2014/15   16th
Championship   2015/16   1st        Championship Title
Premiership    2016/17   7th        
Premiership    2017/18   4th       
Premiership    2018/19   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2019/20   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2020/21   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2021/22   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2022/23   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2023/24   1st        League Title, Champions League
Premiership    2024/25   1st        League Title, Champions League

Other Honours:

Setanta Shield: 2010/11

FA Trophy: 2011/12

FA Cup: 2016/17, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25

Community Shield: 2017/18, 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25

UEFA Super Cup: 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25

Club World Cup: 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25

League Cup: 2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2024,25

Gilbster - Eastwood Town - Premiership - 2052/53 End of Season Update

Well I was given a budget of 500k to spend to stay up in the Premiership, and all I can say is its a very good thing that while in the Championship, I had money to spend and thus had bought some great players. I sold a few players in January and bought some great replacements for other positions, but ultimately have left myself a bit week in defence.

I feel we could have finished higher than we did, if we either hadn't lost the last 2 games of the season, or hadn't had a month or so in around November where almost all my strikers were off injured at once.

Anyways it was a fantastic season from us, and I honestly don't believe where we have finished.

Table

Graph

Aims

Strengthen Defence

Stay Up - well with my track record in this division, it has to be a priority.

Try and hold onto as many of my squad as possible

Not to mess up like I did last time I got a second season in the Prem!

Career so far

League                  Season          Finished        Achievements
Blue Square North       2012/13        5th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Blue Square North       2013/14        8th
Blue Square North       2014/15        7th
Blue Square North       2015/16        11th
Blue Square North       2016/17        5th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Blue Square North       2017/18        1st             BSN Title
Blue Square Premier     2018/19        8th
Blue Square Premier     2019/20        12th
Blue Square Premier     2020/21        6th
Blue Square Premier     2021/22        13th
Blue Square Premier     2022/23        7th
Blue Square Premier     2023/24        3rd             Lost in Playoff Semis
Blue Square Premier     2024/25        6th             FA Trophy Runners Up
Blue Square Premier     2025/26        2nd             FA Trophy Winner. Lost in Playoff final
Blue Square Premier     2026/27        5th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Blue Square Premier     2027/28        1st             BSP Title. FA Trophy Runners Up
League 2                2028/29        15th
League 2                2029/30         9th
League 2                2030/31         13th
League 2                2031/32         1st             League 2 Title
League 1                2032/33         18th
League 1                2033/34         7th
League 1                2034/35         19th
League 1                2035/36         4th             Promoted from Playoffs
Championship            2036/37         15th
Championship            2037/38         13th
Championship            2038/39         24th            Relegated
League 1                2039/40         1st             League 1 Title
Championship            2040/41         8th             
Championship            2041/42         4th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Championship            2042/43         5th             Lost in Playoff Final
Championship            2043/44         15th
Championship            2044/45         3rd             Promoted from Playoffs
Premiership             2045/46         20th            Relegated
Championship            2046/47         5th             Lost in Playoff Semis
Championship            2047/48         1st             Championship Title
Premiership             2048/49         11th
Premiership             2049/50         18th            Relegated
Championship            2050/51         11th            League Cup Runners Up  
Championship            2051/52         1st             Championship Title
Premiership             2052/53         7th

Gilbster - I can't belive you've gotten so far into the game! You've been extremely paitent with it, especially with it taking 19 years just to get into league football. Hopefully you'll be able to build on that great finish in the Premiership and start to challenge for a European place. Good luck for the new season.

Unfortunately the FA Cup final was won by Man City. I went out in the quarters. Even with the last game of the season, if I had won I may have picked up 5th or 6th.

Last time I tried to build on a good finish in the Premiership, I got relegated the next season, so I just hope I can stay up and see a third season in a row in the Premiership.

Just been handed a £9.25 Million transfer budget for promising mid-table (the lowest thing I could chose!)

I really don't believe my chairman. He has accepted a bid for my best central defender that is nowhere near what I want for him. Just because I wont let him move clubs and hes unhappy, I think my chairman accepted it. However this is a chairman that is wanting away from the club himself, and is willing to listen to offers, so what difference does it make to him what players I have left in the club? And of course this is on the day before transfer deadline day, because thats the only time he ever steps in on my behalf. Not when I have time to make an informed choice for replacements!

How do you all get through seasons so fast?

I started this challenge with AFC Hornchurch on Friday and i've had all weekend and only managed to get into double figures in matches played in the BSS.

I was probably playing at the pace you are to start. But once I got a few seasons in the player hunting takes a lot less time as it's totally up to my 16 scouts.

I also found the 3d view way to frustrating to watch. GK's coming for the ball, lighting a ciggie and opening a can of beer and staring into the distance until the oppostion stroll up, take the ball and score. Defender's, all 4 of them chasing 1 player leaving 2 or 3 free to score. I could go on but I think there's a 10,000 character limit...but this made me turn off the 3d and go all retro with text commentary only and now the games fly by...good old imagination, it never lets me down.

Bradford Park Avenue Season 2 Update 2010/11 - Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction 20th

Actual Position 1st

Yet again this season I got an insane transfer and wage budget. I was given a £7 million transfer budget and a £90,000 a week wage budget...for the Blue Square Prem...I do feel a bit guilty about this, I mean people like Gilbster have been toiling away for more than 40 odd seasons and get a measly £525k to spend in the Premiership, I've spent more than that this season! If there was any way I could give you some of my pointless transfer budget Gilbster I would, and how the hell you've kept going for so long is beyond comprehension - truly inspirational FM-ing :thup:

Anyway, back to my season. Blitzed the league, going 23 games unbeaten, before losing my only game of the whole season to Darlington, peformed pretty rubbish in the cups. Spent more than any other Blue Square club and had by far the highest wage bill. Brought in a few brilliant signings, who were far too good for this league and should stand us in good stead for League football next Season. I was also allowed to scout the whole of UK & Ireland as well as France and Spain.

League Table

Positions Graph

Manager Overview

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Manager Profile

Star Men

Pawel Abbott - The main man up front...cost 350k but he bagged goals consistently all season and finished 2nd in the leading goalscorers. Legend

Matt Lockwood - Picked up on a free from Colchester and was a revelation. Cemented his place as first choice left back and, taking all set pieces, finished as the leading assister in the league and also didn't miss a pen all season.

Lloyd Cowell - This guy looks seriously good. Why Sheff Wednesday let him go for just 170k I don't know, but I wasn't complaining. Ripped apart defences left, right and centre and he's still just 17! Has the potential to become a leading Championship player...happy days :D

N.B. Just got my budgets for next season...£13.75 million transfer budget and a £100,000 a week wage budget plus he's improved training and youth facilities :confused: ...it really is getting a bit silly now

Archived