dafuge's FM09 challenge

Haha, I know, but something tells me, it would be impossible to not get 10 points in 26 games .. :D Anything else would be unbelievable. I personally want to stay in L1 for a while and get stability and a team that would dominate in the Championship

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staines Town F.C end of season 2009/10 report

A good season overall with some very strong performances from middle to end. We were in the playoff spots for most of the season, only losing out to Newport who went on a four game winning streak to my 3 game losing streak to snatch 5th off of me. They are now playing in the BSP.

Signings:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6862/stainessigningscw6.png

A total revamp of the squad. What we had wouldn't keep us up, letalone get us promoted. so I brought in alot more players, and now we are playing like a BSP side :)

Best signing

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/672/stainesbestplayermv7.png

Real name wayde fairhurst, this guy can bang em in for me, so i nicked him Ali G so i could pick him out quickly. Brilliant and I would reccomend him highly.

Final league table:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8835/stainesfinalleaguetablesy9.png

as you can see, missed out on the playoffs by one point. Damn you newport!

Season 2009/10 Position: 5th honours: none

I enjoyed this season. I have a strong feeling we will dominate the league next year. Hopefully my gut feeling isn't just wind :D

Good season, mista T - Promotion should be just around the corner.

Haha, I know, but something tells me, it would be impossible to not get 10 points in 26 games .. :D Anything else would be unbelievable. I personally want to stay in L1 for a while and get stability and a team that would dominate in the Championship

That was my problem with Carshalton. I left Div. 2 far too quickly, and paid the price in Div. 1. I've just got Promotion to BSP, and hope to get auto-promo in my first season, because I'm confident my team is ready, but then I want a good 3-5 seasons in Div. 2 to stabalize, build a decent bank and sign, develop and play good young players.

That was my problem with Carshalton. I left Div. 2 far too quickly, and paid the price in Div. 1. I've just got Promotion to BSP, and hope to get auto-promo in my first season, because I'm confident my team is ready, but then I want a good 3-5 seasons in Div. 2 to stabalize, build a decent bank and sign, develop and play good young players.

I spent quite a few seasons in L2, 4 in fact. We missed out on the playoffs 2 times in a row, the 3rd season we got into the playoffs but just messed up and never got to the final, the 4th season we got promoted.

This time around, I want the form to continue obviously, but I don't want to get promoted, thinking the team can win it again and then just get relegated and take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Congrats Mista T, hopefully next season you will get into the Playoffs, or even get promoted :D

I'm confused about something. Worcester were in my league last year, but have moved to the BSN. What gives??

Teams from the midlands area, usually move between the 2 leagues, because it picks the most northern 22 teams for the BSN and the most southern 22 teams for the BSS. So if you're in the middle, you could be in the BSN one year, and the BSS the next.

I know this is a random question and I only have 1 and a bit million in the bank, but, how much do you need for a new stadium? I've got capacity 2/3 times this season, and if I get to a higher league then I expect to get a full house each week.

I had like £80m in bank before got new stadium. No loan needed to buy it :cool:

Game 2 in the BSP saw me win 2-0 and rise to 5th. Your bet is looking good, help!! :D

Big Man 2 bagged 2 goals in a sensational 2-0 victory.

I'm torn, currently. Although Big Man 2 has 1 game, 2 goals, I want to take away the target man from my tactic, because it depends on him too much, and I have 4 small, talented strikers. If Big Man 2 gets injured, we're screwed. I tried in the second half of a game to take away the target man, but still because of my direct passing, the headers were coming thick and fast for my forwards. Perhaps using a talented fast striker and putting the target man supply "to feet" could see a rise in chances for the club?

Marine 2009-2010 BSN 12th Position

Bit disappointed really. I always thought we were verging on greatness(!) but never could quite make it count when it mattered. Although the league graphhttp://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt99/Da-Man88/?action=view&current=Graph.jpg shows we never properly broke into the top 5 we were only one consistent run from the playoffs all season. Too many games drawn saw us end up very safely mid table. Star man was definitely Barbadian Neil Harveyhttp://s601.photobucket.com/albums/tt99/Da-Man88/?action=view&current=harv.jpg, who scored for fun at times, including a couple of hattricks. The squad performed ok, in terms of ratings, with Dairylea and Gav Strachan being very consistent. Ayden Duffy is better than this league too, so next year, with a couple of signings, including a consistent partner for Harvey, I reckon we can challenge for promotion.

Game 2 in the BSP saw me win 2-0 and rise to 5th. Your bet is looking good, help!! :D

Big Man 2 bagged 2 goals in a sensational 2-0 victory.

I'm torn, currently. Although Big Man 2 has 1 game, 2 goals, I want to take away the target man from my tactic, because it depends on him too much, and I have 4 small, talented strikers. If Big Man 2 gets injured, we're screwed. I tried in the second half of a game to take away the target man, but still because of my direct passing, the headers were coming thick and fast for my forwards. Perhaps using a talented fast striker and putting the target man supply "to feet" could see a rise in chances for the club?

Was brave enough to attempt this, away to Stevenage. Turns out, I created a similar amount of chances, but really increased my CCC's. Stevenage finished with 13 shots, 4 on target and 2 CCC's, 0 goals. I finished with 8 shots, 3 on target but 5 CCC's, scoring twice, and winning the game 2-0 :D

If I can just aqquire a potent striker way above BSP level (like a Div 1 striker) - This tactic could potentially be one of the best I've ever developed. Which is incredable considering the issues I've ben having tactically :D

?Unlucky H=H - I'm sure you'll get promoted soon. Good job, help!! - I rarely score FK's :(

kaNovi - perhaps adopting a specific away tactic will benefit your team?

Yeah ived tried it, but it seems to mess up my home form even though i change it back.. and i still havent really figured out a good away tactic..

Ossett Town - Blue Square Premier (2033/2034)

Blue Square Premier Prediction - 22

Blue Square Premier Position - 11

Table

Graph

Cups Quarter Finals in CLC

Summary

As always our league campaign started out with us playing bad and very inconsistent... i have really tried everything in pre-seasons, but nothing seems to be working!

We started playing good again in about january(as always) but we were to far behind.

Im pretty annoyed with this year as i think we have the best team by far, but what can i do when my strikers wont score, and we start out so bad. bah.

Im unhappy with having to play another season down here..

Players: Keys

Squad

Childs

Plummer

Kamara

Manager Overview Top goalscorer is my wing... with 7goals!!! Thats terrible!

Transfers Garden

Goals for the upcoming season:

Promotion, anything else will be a dissapointment. Get a striker who actually enjoys scoring..

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2009/10   15th       Quarter Finals CLC
Blue Square South     2010/11   1st        BSS League Champions
Blue Square Premier   2011/12   13st       none
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   1st        BSP League Champions
League Two	      2013/14   4th	   Promoted via Playoffs
League One	      2014/15   17th   	   FA Trophy Semi-finalist
League One	      2015/16   8th	   none 
League One	      2016/17   2nd        Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   17th	   none
Championship	      2018/19	16th       none	
Championship  	      2019/20	3rd	   Playoff Semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Premier League	      2021/22  	16th	   none
Premier League	      2022/23  	5th	   FA Cup Semi-Finalist
Premier League	      2023/24   11th	   Uefa Cup Quarter finals
Premier League	      2024/25   4th        Uefa cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up.
Premier League        2025/26   2nd	   none
Premier League        2026/27   2nd        none
Premier League        2027/28   3rd	   Champions League Winners 
Premier League	      2028/29   1st        Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
				   Euro Super Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners [b][i] Challenge completed [/b][/i]      
Premier League	      2029/30   1st
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	   Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2031/32   1st 	   League Cup Winners

[b] End of Wealdstone Career [/b]
[b] Start of Ossett Town Career[/b]

Blue Square North     2032/33   1st 	   Promoted as Champions
Blue Square Premier   2033/34   11th	   none 	   

Good season, kaNovi, despite just missing out on the Play-Offs. At least you know for next season, if you sort out your away form, you might just end up winning the league.

Yeah i hope so, but other than away form i also have to sort out the goalscoring problem and us starting out bad.. but i have high hopes for next season for sure..

Ramsgate - Premier League 2022/23

Transfers

Bargains were again the order of the day with our transfer dealings turning a tidy profit for the club. Players on the way out were all surplus to requirements due to the ongoing evolution of the squad.

On the way in were:

Giorgio Corradini (AMC) was signed on a Bosman from Juventus. Not a bad first season.

Stefan Hensel (DM,MC) was signed on a free from Bochum and had a good season.

Philip Millar (ST) was signed from Leeds on a free and had a good season bagging 12 goals.

Chris Roberts (MC) is our record signing for 2m :eek: and is one for the future.

Jose Brandao (GK) was signed in January for 725k and is already better than all my other GK's.

League - Predicted: 11th | Final Position: 2nd | Graph

We started poorly (WLDLLDD) and despite better performances in the final 2 draws of that run I thought another season of struggle awaited us. But a 6-5 injury time win over Man Utd sent us on a great unbeaten run until Man Utd beat us 21 games later at Old Trafford in March.

Despite the fantastic run we were still only in 2nd as Tottenham were having an amazing season. We chased them all the way but they clinched the title with a couple of games to spare so we had to be satisfied with 2nd.

Cups

League Cup - 2nd Rnd - EMBARASSING

FA Cup - 6th Rnd

Other News

Finances did ok despite the lack of European football. Almost 100m in the bank, just build me a new stadium with it, please. We have so much money we've moved up to 10th on the Rich List.

Club Records

Stars

Evans was fantastic at the back again, picking up the runner-up spot in the European Defender of the Year awards as well as FPOTY for the 2nd time. Also starring in defence was Liam Ryan who made the Players Premier Division Select team.

In midfield, Ronieli was the chief creator with 15 assists and chipped in with 6 goals. Also starring was Budak who managed an excellent 10 goals from the AMC position and a very decent 6.92 average despite the AMC rating bug.

Up front, Harry Davis did best, scoring 19 and took runner-up in the Young Player of the Year awards.

Youth Watch

In the U-18's Craig Grocott showed most promise with 13 goals and 31 assists for the U-18's and reserves. I'll look to give him a few games next season to see how he steps up.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

Ramsgate Trophy Room

FA Cup - 2017/18

Championship Winners - 2018/19

League One Winners - 2015/16

Blue Square Premier League Winners - 2011/12

Blue Square South League Winners - 2010/11

FA Trophy - 2010/11

Best signing

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/672/stainesbestplayermv7.png

Real name wayde fairhurst, this guy can bang em in for me, so i nicked him Ali G so i could pick him out quickly. Brilliant and I would reccomend him highly.

I wish I could get that kind of production out of him. I have him here at Marine and he's been decent, but not quite that good.

As a side note, I think I may be immune to the forum curse. Either that or it just isn't noticeable. First time I've posted in this thread this season, but I've been on an 11-game winless run anyway. :(

8 games into my BSP reign, and I'm unbeaten :D

4 wins, 4 draws, 2 goals conceded, 10 scored. Currently 3rd in the league, 2 points off top spot, and I've beaten 5th and drew with 2nd. (Both away) - So things are looking good, and although I know I'll get a blip at some point, I expect 10th-15th off this start.

Archived