dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kroblues FC United BSP 2011/12

Before the season, I wasted no time in bringing in loan star Josh King, who had been released by Man Utd and was interested in joining. 3 of his former team-mates joined on loan. Paul Hutchinson and Liam Russell (Who was on loan last year) joined to strengthen the full back spots, and Paul Griffiths was bought in to improve our right midfield. The trial day was kind to us, as we found 2 new CBs, Jack Saville and Dean Yeoman. They both formed integral parts of the team over the season, as did Trevor Gaunt, an AML and Oghuzan Özyakup, a Dutch MC who was a major part of the midfield and scored on debut. 2 late transfers this season were Manu Gavillan from Betis, a Forward who struggled to begin with but found 5 goals in the run in, and Danny Jones, a ML bought in as backup but proved valuable as Gaunt struggled with an injury.

Not a brilliant first couple of games, as we were thrashed 5-0 by Gillingham and then 5-1 by Leicester in the Carling Cup 1st Round. We then managed a 1-1 draw against Accrington before smashing Bristol Rovers 5-1. A fairly topsy-turvy first few games before we settled down and won 3 and lost 3 of our next 6 games, all by 1 or 2 goals. We then lost only 2 games for the rest of the year which put us in playoff contention at the end of the year. We also lost only 2 in the next couple of months as we strengthened an unlikely tilt at the playoffs, but a draw and 2 losses, coupled with a couple of postponements had us drop to 9th, but with a couple of games in hand as we came towards the end of the season. We then had a run of win, draw, win draw, including a 6-0 and a 7-0 win, which helped out our GD somewhat. 2 draws and 2 wins in our last 4 games sealed our unlikely playoff spot and a chance at a successive promotion. In the cups we made it to the regional final of the Paint trophy before being knocked out by Grimsby,

we were thrashed 4-0 by Leeds in the FA Cup 3rd Round, and you know about the League Cup.

2 major plus points this year were the 2 strikers- Stones and King. They are obviously forming a great partnership and contributed 59 goals all season. Stones hit 25, while King got 34. They assisted 31 goals too, Stones with 17 and King with 14.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1 –Stockport County v FC United

Not a good start to the playoff campaign as we went a goal down fairly quickly and couldn’t make it back, so we were forced to try to get back into it at Gigg Lane

Final Score – Stockport County 1-0 FC United- Screenshot

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2 - FC United (0) v (1) Stockport County

A capacity crowd saw us create chance after chance but we couldn’t break down the Stockport defence. That is, until we forced a corner with quarter of an hour left. Yeoman won the ball in the air, and a deflection off an unlucky defender levelled up the tie at 1-1. Both sides tried hard for a winner but we didn’t find one in both normal and extra time, so we went in to a penalty shootout for a place at Wembley.

1-0 Stockport- Low into the left hand corner

1-1 FC United- Paul Griffiths finds the right corner

2-1 Stockport- Hansen can’t keep out a powerful drive

2-2 FC United- Gary Collis finds the same corner as Griffiths

3-2 Stockport- Just out of reach into the left side of the goal

3-3 FC United- Yeoman puts it in exactly the same place

Stockport miss- A powerful drive down the middle is easily saved

3-4 FC United- Hutchinson gives us a big advantage by keeping his head

Stockport miss- Another drive down the middle is kept out and we are through to Wembley!

Final Score – FC United 1p (1) – (1) 0 Stockport County- Screenshot

A big match to see whether we may fluke our way through to League One, or spend a season in League Two, which I wouldn’t be against

Playoff Final – Gillingham v FC United

Only 17,000 at Wembley to see the biggest match of our existence, and it started badly as Simeon Jackson went through and ‘megged Budtz to put us 0-1 down. We weren’t behind for long as Josh King picked a fine time to end his goal drought as he shot home from the edge of the box for 1-1. Danny Jones then scored a real fluke of a goal as his cross looped over the keeper and in, completing the turnaround as we lead 2-1. Matt Wright tapped home a rebound from Simeon Jackson’s shot to equalise 2-2 on 29 minutes. An even game followed and we never looked troubled, and when Griffiths broke free on the right and crossed it perfectly for Jones to tap home and give us a 3-2 lead, it was certainly deserved. We managed to successfully stifle the game and no further chances came for Gillingham as we saw it out and managed to gain promotion to League 1!

Final Score- Gillingham 2-3 FC United- Screenshot

Final Table

Final Position: 6th (Promotion)

Top Scorer: Josh King- 34

Most Assists: Michael Stones- 17

Highest Rating: Dean Yeoman- 7.25

One to Watch: Oghuzan Özyakup- 20 year old Dutch CM

Season League Position Points GD Notes
09/10     BSN      1st    84  +40 Promoted as Champions
10/11     BSP      6th    72  +19 –
11/12     BSP      3rd    88  +32 Promoted through Playoffs
12/13     CCL2     6th    81  +29 Promoted through Playoffs 

our first Championship campaign was characterized by odd runs in form.

at times we looked like playoff contenders; other matches saw us play like we were destined to return to League 1. we ended up with a solid 9th place finish and heightened expectations for the 2017-2018 season.

I think we're a year or two away from the show, so to speak. here's to hoping.

our first Championship campaign was characterized by odd runs in form.

at times we looked like playoff contenders; other matches saw us play like we were destined to return to League 1. we ended up with a solid 9th place finish and heightened expectations for the 2017-2018 season.

I think we're a year or two away from the show, so to speak. here's to hoping.

congrats on the good season!

you'll be up in the big time before you know it.

:( I have just been inflicted the dumbest draw known to man. Dag alexander olsen scored goals in the 1st and 6th minute, then welling pulled back 2, scoring in the 89th and 90+5th minute. I also have no effing clue where the ref pulled 5 mins from >: (

:( I have just been inflicted the dumbest draw known to man. Dag alexander olsen scored goals in the 1st and 6th minute, then welling pulled back 2, scoring in the 89th and 90+5th minute. I also have no effing clue where the ref pulled 5 mins from >: (

that kind of thing happens to me so often I can almost tell by the commentary lines alone...

Fantastic looking player! I could have done with him in my squad this season with my pacy striker breaking his leg.

I've had a bunch of wonderkids come through recently but one really caught me by surprise... Eddie Midgley. I bought him a while back as an understudy to my targetman Tom McKenzie and he always looked decent, and he had a season a couple of years back where he helped us win the League cup, scoring something like 16 in 16 starts. But last season he was awful whenever I gave him a game. Now he came in to the squad to cover for injuries and he has been awesome and is officially rated as a wonderkid.

Ossett Town - League Two (2035/2036)

League Two Prediction - 23

League Two Position - 1

Table

Graph

Cups 4th round FA Cup we got Premier League squad Leeds away which made us 500k euros :) we lost a tight match 5-2 unlucky, but really we played great.

Summary

Well my prediction from last season didnt add up, and we were on top of the league most of the season. We played fairly well and im happy to "rejoy" in back-to-back promotion.

I think it will be harder next season, maybee my manager rep doesnt make that big of a difference in League one.

We did good in the FA Cup, and i hope we can do as good next year.

On other notes Wealdstone gave up the Premier League to Chelsea. And i can see why. All the players i signed for them back in the days havent been replaced,

and such crafts as Cooper has been sold.

Stupid AI.

Players: Keys

Squad

Clark Used up most of my budget on this youngster, seriously i think he looks really great.

Nixon Premier League clubs are coming for him!

Kamara

Manager Overview

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Stay safe. Our squad is good enough for a mid-table, but not sure if we can push for a promotion. I hardly think so.

So its off with the dead-wood and try to make a strong team who can survive if we should get promoted to the Championship.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2009/10   15th       Quarter Finals CLC
Blue Square South     2010/11   1st        BSS League Champions
Blue Square Premier   2011/12   13st       none
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   1st        BSP League Champions
League Two	      2013/14   4th	   Promoted via Playoffs
League One	      2014/15   17th   	   FA Trophy Semi-finalist
League One	      2015/16   8th	   none 
League One	      2016/17   2nd        Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   17th	   none
Championship	      2018/19	16th       none	
Championship  	      2019/20	3rd	   Playoff Semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Premier League	      2021/22  	16th	   none
Premier League	      2022/23  	5th	   FA Cup Semi-Finalist
Premier League	      2023/24   11th	   Uefa Cup Quarter finals
Premier League	      2024/25   4th        Uefa cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up.
Premier League        2025/26   2nd	   none
Premier League        2026/27   2nd        none
Premier League        2027/28   3rd	   Champions League Winners 
Premier League	      2028/29   1st        Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
				   Euro Super Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners [b][i] Challenge completed [/b][/i]      
Premier League	      2029/30   1st
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	   Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2031/32   1st 	   League Cup Winners

[b] End of Wealdstone Career [/b]
[b] Start of Ossett Town Career[/b]

Blue Square North     2032/33   1st 	   Promoted as Champions
Blue Square Premier   2033/34   11th	   none 
Blue Square Premier   2034/35   1st	   Promoted as Champions	
League Two            2035/36   1st	   Promoted as Champions   

I've just had this guy very highly recommended to me by a scout with good JPA + JPP skills - he doesn't look all that in terms of his stats, and it'll probably cost me this season's transfer budget to land him... he won't go straight into the team, probably have to loan him out or something. I can't decide whether to give it up or go for him. Any thoughts?

The guy he's being compared to, by the way, Pete Heys, has been fantastic for me over the last couple of seasons, which probably influences me a bit.

Henrik Petersen. As you can see from his average rating of 6.84, it's not because he's been great, it's because our defence is phenomenal. He rarely has anything to do! But he's been solid for me for 7 and a half years despite breaking his leg last year. And I find it hard to replace him due to a general lack of goalkeeping talent in the world, even when our second choice keeper is a wonderkid.

I've just had this guy very highly recommended to me by a scout with good JPA + JPP skills - he doesn't look all that in terms of his stats, and it'll probably cost me this season's transfer budget to land him... he won't go straight into the team, probably have to loan him out or something. I can't decide whether to give it up or go for him. Any thoughts?

The guy he's being compared to, by the way, Pete Heys, has been fantastic for me over the last couple of seasons, which probably influences me a bit.

what league are you in? he looks decent for a mid-table league 2 team or leading for lower divisions, will be very hard to get him to his prediction of good championship though will need the perfect training imo.

what league are you in? he looks decent for a mid-table league 2 team or leading for lower divisions, will be very hard to get him to his prediction of good championship though will need the perfect training imo.

Blue Square Premier, leading the pack at the moment so hopefully we should be League 2 next season.

I think I'm going to hold out until the end of the season and see if I can twist their arm a bit, if he comes cheaply I reckon it'll be worth a punt.

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=samfullerom1.png

Sorry for the messy link. I don't know how to tidy them up on this new website, I was fine with the old one but I've just got FM 09!

I've started with Marine and I'm in this one for the long haul. I think the idea is long ball football, 1 tall striker and 1 fast striker!

Blue Square Premier, leading the pack at the moment so hopefully we should be League 2 next season.

I think I'm going to hold out until the end of the season and see if I can twist their arm a bit, if he comes cheaply I reckon it'll be worth a punt.

yeah, good idea, the more i look at him the more i like tbf

Yeah, i was really sad to leave him! he was such fun watching on 3d.

He also has an amazing return of 48 goals in 59 caps for England..

what a player! he must be near the england record goals now? coming from your own youth academy too makes it so much sweeter:p

what a player! he must be near the england record goals now? coming from your own youth academy too makes it so much sweeter:p

Yeah, the top goalscorer is Rooney with 66 goals!! Im sure he will get that record if the new manager plays him!

Boston United - End of Season 2024/25

Premier League table

Squad 2024/25

Star Players

Defender Graham Corcoran

Winger Jonathan Fletcher

Midfielder Wilfried Kuntz

Striker Ryan Anderson

Review

A comfortable, and rather boring season ending with us in 13th place, 11 points clear of safety. The squad now contains 3 wonderkids - a right winger, and 2 strikers. We should really be contesting for Europe IMO, but the lack of a quality goalkeeper lets us down. I tried bringing in one on loan for the second half of the season, but he turned out crap. The stadium will soon be all seater, and training facilities are being upgraded. Graduate Shaun Wright played really well on the left wing, as well as excelling for the Under 21s. I'm yet to have an entrant into the full England squad, but wonderkid winger Jonathan Fletcher can't be far away, having earnt the Players Young Player of the Year award.

Archived