dafuge's FM09 challenge

Real London Update - Season 4 (2012/2013)

Blue Square Premier Prediction - 22nd

Blue Square Premier Position - 6th

F.A Cup - 1st Round (v Barnet)

F.A Trophy - 1st Round (v Boston)

Conference League Cup - S 3rd Round (v Crawley)

Blue Square Premier (6th) - League Table | League Graph

Blue Square Premier :

Not a bad season. 6th place is pretty decent, but I was in the hunt for a play-off place up to the death. I lost my last 2 league games, where even 1 win would have put me into the 5th place I wanted. A strong defensive season.

Domestic Cups :

Not too bad. Still yet to make a final of any cup on FM09

Best Elevens : Season | Overall

Record Sheet : Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info :

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Manager Personal

Team Info :

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info :

Player Selection

Finances

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs

Real London Staff

Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Ashley Grant (DC)

BSP Team of the Year - Ashley Grant (DC)

New Real London Records*

Record highest league position - 6th in the Blue Square Premier

Record Gate Receipts - £28,000

*Records are only displayed when broken, and may not represent the final tally of the broken record

Player of the Season

NepentheZ II © - Yet again, top scorer. Didn't get as many as I'd hoped, as I was looking for 20-25 from him, but 18 goals is a top effort.

Adrian Cieslewizc - Send top scorer with 15 and chipped in with 10 assists too. Good season from the Polish forward.

Season Summary

Not too bad. Made money, which is nice, but just missed out on the play-offs. I'll be looking to secure promotion next season for sure.

League History

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 6th place (68 points)

Season 2 - Blue Square South - 2nd place (77 points)

Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place (89 points) - PROMOTED

Season 4 - Blue Square Premier - 6th place (75 points)

Cup History

*Only Final Appearances and better included

N/A

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wtf is with the last second equalizers!!!!!!!!!?!?!

seriously, my keeper has no shots to face all game, I set my team to kill off the last 3 mins, sitting deep and somehow these bastards manage to pick off a goal on the counter.

mumble mumble...

I concede a late goal every 4 ish games. It bugs the hell out of me, since I also have a "close game" tactic :(

BigArgon's Boston United season 10 ~ Coca-Cola 2 10th place

Overall a good season we moved up to 10th place. I was happy with this year. We did have a lot of injuries. If we can stay healthy i think we might be able to work our way up to promotion.

Standings

Squad

Craig nelson leading goal scorer and season MVP

goal for next year

1. Up shelf finish and promotion

2. Look for quality players

lest I start a conversation with myself, I'll keep this brief: I just spent a little over 4 million pounds (which is 10 times all of the fees I've spent before combined) on a Mexican midfielder my scouts spotted at the World Cup.

the beauty of this is that he has been appraised as a leading star. why couldn't he have been American though?

And so it begins...

After a poor Pre-season notching up 2 wins out of 6, conceding 12 goals, the first league game under the new regime begins, and to show our intentions I send out an attacking Brazilian style 4-2-2-2, which very quickly is shown up as a poor decision as we're thumped 4-0 by Bromley which judging by the match stats, I need a new keeper:D. Not a good showcase for the new chairman.

The second game, and a more cautious approach steadies the ship. A tight game against Maidenhead produces predictable results, typical.

With star midfielder Ashley Westwood out injured for up to 2 months, midfield is looking bare.

The poor start to the season continues with another lacklustre performance which started promisingly, us going 1-0 up inside 13mins, where we concede a sloppy goal in the 46th minute (I do seem to concede alot just after half time??) and then a goal kick from my GK goes straight onto the head of their CM which turns into a marvellous through ball that Fabregas would be proud of onto the toe of their ST who finishes by passing the ball through my GK. Grand.

The board then return with an answer to my parent club request(after they cancelled my potentially season saving link with Cardiff...), as I am desparate to get some talent in on loan - Thanks :D:(

The struggle continues...

lest I start a conversation with myself, I'll keep this brief: I just spent a little over 4 million pounds (which is 10 times all of the fees I've spent before combined) on a Mexican midfielder my scouts spotted at the World Cup.

the beauty of this is that he has been appraised as a leading star. why couldn't he have been American though?

If it makes you feel better, i've got an American wonderkid centre-back who I snapped up from Real Salt lake for £2m. Aged 19 he was rated as the best defender in my Premier and champions league winning squad ahead of two Centre-backs who have won the Euro defender of the year award a combined 4 times in the last 5 years. I even trained him up as a right-back where he is better than my England international RB. Absolutely class player.

Mikal - I've just started and so am I! I've tried this before but there's nothing like taking the team through the lower leagues! Good luck.

I've never done anything lower than the Championship before, so to go all the way to the bottom will definately be a new experience for me! Good luck to you as well!

You obviously don't suffer my 'Wenger Syndrome' of being very conservative with the purchases....4th season in the Premier League and my record buy is 2m :o

Post up a screen shot of the magnificient Mexican :thup:

Boreham Wood Update - Season 3 (2011/2012)

League:

Blue Square South Media Prediction - 4th

Blue Square South Position - 2nd - League Table | League Graph

Playoffs - Final (v Dorchester)

The first thing I decided to do was to, along with a couple of other transfers, bring back Billy Ludlam, the youngster from MK Dons that had proven his scoring ability when I loaned him in the second half of last season. Ludlam welcomed this move with open arms, calling it his 'dream move', and he scored four as we opened and then closed pre-season in remarkable fashion. The bookies were making us joint favourites to win promotion and our superb form early on did nothing to dispel my hopes. Two good wins over Weston-super-Mare and Lewes were closely followed by an excellent run of seven games without conceding a goal, a run which took in three cup and four league games, one of which including a demolition of Oxford City. We didn't suffer our first league defeat until 14 games in. At the halfway stage we were sitting second but Forest Green were in superb form whilst ours then began to become inconsistent. It wasn't all bad in the second half of the season, as a big victory over Dover showed, and we were always there or thereabouts in terms of a playoff place. Forest Green ran away with the league but good end of season form did see us finish second, a highest ever finish brought about by a good end-of-season run. A third playoff campaign was what the the media had predicted and after a 5-3 aggregate victory over Havant, we found ourselves in our third final in a row, this time against Dorchester. Previous meeting had shown we had the upper hand and maybe this had an effect as we finally secured a victory when it matter the most, winning 3-1 to gain promotion to the Blue Square Premier. This both surpised and delighted both the board and the club's legendary figures as we took and unexpected step closer to the Football League.

Domestic Cups:

F.A Cup - 1st Round (v Bristol Rovers) - Full Run

F.A Trophy - 3rd Round (v Dagenham) - Full Run

Conference League Cup - 3rd Round (v Forest Green) - Full Run

A bit of a mixed bag this year in the cup competitions. The defeat to Forest Green in the Conference League Cup was infact our first defeat of the season and the first game we had conceded in for 8 games. This obviously disappointed me and it must have disappointed the squad as well because our next defeat came in the next game, this time versus Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup. I was pleased to have reached the 1st Round proper for the first time in my tenure but, with a home draw, our good form and the fact that Rovers stood bottom of League One with only one win all season, I was a little disappointed to at least not force a replay. The FA Trophy exit was unlucky as we took BSP side Dagenham to a replay before losing to a late goal, but picked up a couple of decent results on the way.

Players of the Season:

Joe Clegg - Originally intended to be backup to Sebek, Clegg ended up missing very few games as his clean sheet record (24 clean sheets in 53 appearances) made him impossible to drop.

Jack Colback - Impressive goalscoring record from the central midfielder, he and Power formed an excellent partnership in the middle of the park.

Billy Ludlam - Superb. No other word for it. If it had not been for Ludlam goals (40 goals in 55 games) we would not have been promoted. A superb acquisition from MK Dons for the season.

Bondz Ngala - Signed at the start of August, Ngala became a rock in the heart of our defence.

Alan Power - The captain led the team admirably again this season and, despite missing a few league games through injury, was an integral part of our promotion push.

Danny Uchechi - Shared the responsibility of partnering Ludlam well and chipped in with another 19 goals, his third good scoring return in a row.

Matthew West - Signed in late September, West ended up scoring 19 goals which helped our cause no end. An able partner for Ludlam.

Martyn Whittle - A great season for our very own youth product. 20 assists from the left of midfield and caused no end of interest from bigger clubs.

Season Summary:

Finally promotion! After twice suffering play-off heartbreak, I'm glad to have gotten out of the Blue Square South, a division that proved harder to get out of than I had imagined it would. I feel like I've got a good enough set of players to have a good go at the Blue Square Premier next season, but our aim will have to be survival in the higher league. A tight defence set us up for promotion this season and Ludlam's goals were invaluable. A good run in the FA Cup was also a pleasing aspect of the season and, as we start in a later round next season, maybe we can go even further in the future. Some good youth products are coming through and some, like Martyn Whittle has done, may find themselves in the first team sooner rather than later. Other things of note this season were the breaking of two records at the club (Ludlam's new scoring record and also the quickest Wood goal ever) and also the international call-up of Michael Edwards, this time to the full Croatia squad. My managerial skills have started to be noticed in other places as well as I was linked with my first job in Wrexham and I came second in the Blue Square South Manager of the Year awards.

Other:

Squad Info

Squad Stats

Manager Profile

Manager Overview

Manager Personal

Finances

Finance Table

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Season        | Division             | Position | Achievements                                            |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2009/10       | Blue Square South    |      3rd | Playoff Final (Lost)                                    |
|2010/11       | Blue Square South    |      3rd | Playoff Final (Lost), Conference League Cup Final (Lost)|
|2011/12       | Blue Square South    |      2nd | Playoff Final (Winners)                                 |

I've won the Premiership with 6 games left to make it three wins on the trot. I'm also through to the semi-final of the Champions league where for the first time I will not be facing Premiership competition if I progress. There is little more disappointing than getting through to the most prestigious cup final in world football, only to face Newcastle! I have the more glamorous prospect of Barcelona in the next round, and potentially either Inter or AC Milan in the final.

If it makes you feel better, i've got an American wonderkid centre-back who I snapped up from Real Salt lake for £2m. Aged 19 he was rated as the best defender in my Premier and champions league winning squad ahead of two Centre-backs who have won the Euro defender of the year award a combined 4 times in the last 5 years. I even trained him up as a right-back where he is better than my England international RB. Absolutely class player.
I hope I can find his spiritual brother in the near future then.

I owe (assuming you want it, of course) you guys a writeup - I'm going to quickly detail my first 9 seasons, take a look at my provisional starting XI, and make a bold pronouncement about the future of FC United.

You obviously don't suffer my 'Wenger Syndrome' of being very conservative with the purchases....4th season in the Premier League and my record buy is 2m :o

Post up a screen shot of the magnificient Mexican :thup:

to whet your appetite and mine, here is the 4.2 million pound man himself (he's from Cruz Azul by way of Santos Laguna, btw):

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5541/samuelmartinezic4.png

FC United: A Retrospective

it took 9 seasons, 486 matches, 857 goals for, and 109 signings, but FC United of Manchester are finally in the English Premier League.

our history is one of consistency: save for League 2, it took us 2 years to earn every promotion. this pattern of consolidation and success was at risk only in our first 2 years, when we stumbled through the BSN playoffs twice, managing to win them our second time through.

once we hoisted ourselves out of the BSP, our player recruitment went into warp speed. I didn't hesitate in sending my scouts throughout the British Isles, snapping up more than a handful of players still with us today. it's a testament to their success that my current squad has only 5 non-British or non-Irish players, all of which save for one were signed in the last 12 months.

though we find ourselves in the Premiership, we've only won League 2 and the FA Trophy during my 9 years in charge. we've earned 2nd place in the BSP, L2, and CCC, but now 2nd place isn't going to cut - it's trophies we want.

with that said, my ambitions for our first year are not trophies. rather, it's simply survival. 17th place or bust - here we go!

let's take a look at my first team:

GK: Spencer Richardson, signed from Manchester United (free, before 2012-2013 season); 259 appearances, 269 goals conceded, 88 clean sheets, 6.78 av rat

DR: Josh Day, signed from Cefn Druids (free, before 2012-2013 season); 247 appearances, 9 goals, 27 assists, 7.18 av rat

DL: Martin Bennett, signed from Cardiff (£35k, before 2014-2015 season); 157 apperances, 13 goals, 26 assists, 7.18 av rat

DC: Roscoe McLean, signed from TNS (£26k, before 2013-2014 season); 212 appearances, 11 goals, 5 assists, 7.23 av rat

DC: Shaun Crabb, signed from MK Dons (£10k, before 2014-2015 season); 109 appearances, 6 goals, 5 assists, 7.14 av rat

MR: Szabolcs Harkai, signed from Beitar Jerusalem (£2.5m, before 2018-2019 season); NEW SIGNING

ML: Darren Richards, signed from Barnsley (£26k, before 2015-2016 season); 120 appearances, 12 goals, 21 assists, 7.20 av rat

MC: Robbie Smith, signed from St. Mirren (free transfer, before 2016-2017 season); 84 appearances, 16 goals, 22 assists, 7.14 av rat

MC: Samuel Martinez, signed from Cruz Azul (£4.2m, before 2018-2019 season); NEW SIGNING

FC: Anders Hansen, signed from GIF Sundsvall (£325k, before 2017-2018 season); 41 appearances, 20 goals, 12 assists, 7.19 av rat

FC: Bruce Maxwell, signed from Chelsea (free transfer, before 2012-2013 season); 219 appearances, 95 goals, 58 assists, 7.16 av rat

Maxwell's starting spot is uncertain; there are two other young guns fighting for it. I also have a Northern Irish WB/AM R who has "leading Premier League" potential, but I'm retraining him to right back as we speak.

I'll keep you all abreast as the season progresses.

Hednesford Town Season 4 2012/13 Blue Square North

League Position 1st

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/League-2.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Chart-3.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Season-2.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Overall-2.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Transfers-3.jpg

I was very pleased with my transfer activity I managed to get players in all the places desired and Huddersfield sent me Mitchell on loan who is a mc and is a good championship player according to my assistant. I managed to keep the wage bill the same at £3k a week. A signed a few after the season had finished to prepare for next season.

The first 10 all started well again getting 21 points and we currently sit in 2nd place. We have scored 17 and conceded 9 goals.

Games 10-20 were tougher on us but we still managed 17 points and remained 2nd. We scored 12 and let in 9 goals during the period.

We were brilliant in the next 10 with things really going our way. We managed 26 points scoring 18 times conceding just 5 goals. We sit at the top 9 points clear of 2nd.

Games 31-40 were simply outstanding as we held our nerve by picking up 25 points to secure top spot. Everything seemed to go our way scoring 17 goals and letting in 7 goals.

We won both of our last games 2-1 and 2-0 to finish the season 1st with 95 points scoring 68 conceding 31.

Well what a season where winning became a habit and we challenged from the start. We had some luck along the way but we were strong defensively which meant we were able to be consistent. We never really thrashed anyone with 3-0 been our biggest victory with 1-0 or 2-1 been a popular score for us. Bringing in Frampton to lead us through was a big help, and the quality of Mitchell was extremely important.

The cups were disappointing again going out pretty quickly so losing vital finance that they bring. However we did have a few home friendlies this season so we managed to make a profit of £10k and increase our bank balance to £(65)k.

Well next season we will try to survive the Blue Square Premiership. I plan to let go of a few fringe players and bring in around 6 new players budget permitting. Hopefully Huddersfield will be kind to us and send a few decent players. Mitchell would be very nice please. We won’t save that much in wages and will have to increase from spending £3k a week. If I can I will try to get a few key players on full time contracts and hopefully I can get another coach but we shall see.

P.S I think Mitchell should have been included in the season best. He played 41 times scored 6, had 11 assists and an average rating of 7.17. Can only think he left before the screen is made but a small bug in my opinion.

kroblues FC United League 1 2013/14

We again utilised the loan system this year, with Liam Russell and Paul Griffiths returning for another loan spell, and with both of their contracts expiring at the end of the season maybe we can capture one or both, as they have FC United as favoured clubs. Also joining on loan was promising keeper Ben Amos, as I felt we probably needed a better keeper if we were to progress. I also spent the first money on transfers since I joined the club, Charlie Robinson joining from Ipswich for £26k and Carlos Alberto joing for £4k from Murcia after he was recommended by my scout. Big free transfers were CB Jerel Ifil, MC Mark Fotheringham, Lewis Alessandra from Oldham and young RB Adam Matthews. Out of those 4 only Alessandra took time to settle, but once he did he partnered King well and got into double figures for goals.

Speaking of King, it was another 30 goal season from him as he powered his way past the club record for league goals and is up to 90 from only 131 appearances. Most of these goals came from crosses as Charlie Robinson supplied 13 goals and his wing twin Paul Griffiths broke the club record for most assists in a season, providing an incredible 26 assists. “One to Watch” for last season Özyakup scored 8 and set up 7, a solid contribution. Michael Stones added another 10 goals, while Manu Gavilan got a solid 8. A major shock was the contribution of Dean Yeoman, the centre half. He managed to outscore everybody except King and finished with 14 goals, mostly from corners but he also took a few penalties.

The league campaign started off fantastically, like last year as we aimed for another promotion. We won 2 and drew 2 of the first 4 games, then fell into a mid-table form style with wins and losses in almost equal measure. That is until mid-November, when we won 4 in a row to put ourselves in playoff contention. Coming towards the end of the year we won 2 and lost 2, including beating Doncaster 7-4 away in a thriller of a game. At the end of the year we were 4th, roughly equidistant from both 7th and 2nd. We started off the New Year with only 1 win in January, but 3 out of 5 in February helped strengthen the playoff campaign. In March we won 4 and drew 2 of our 7 games as we began to believe we could hunt down the promotion contenders. Winning all of our April games meant that we ended up closing to within 1 point of 2nd placed Southampton, and level with 4th place Grimsby, as we occupied 3rd with a game left. If we bettered Southampton’s result we would be up, anything else and we would have to endure the playoffs again.

It didn’t start well for both us and Southampton, as we both went a goal down early on, while Grimsby went a goal up, putting them in the promotion spaces as it stood. Josh King equalised for us on 35 minutes but it still wouldn’t be enough for promotion as Southampton’s GD was better and Grimsby were still losing. To add insult to injury Southampton then went and equalised right on half time! Joshua King then scored what proved to be our winner with his second as 9800 at Gigg Lane started to believe, but Southampton spoiled the party with 2 late goals. This meant we finished 3rd and would go through the playoffs again, which will be put in a separate update. Annoyingly, our total of 87 points would have seen us promoted in every other season, and champions in 3 of those. Hopefully we can do it in the playoffs again

Final Position: 3rd (Playoffs)

Top Scorer: Josh King- 32

Most Assists: Paul Griffiths- 26

Highest Rating: Dean Yeoman- 7.46

One to Watch: Graham Fraser, 18 y/o Scot GK who deputised well for Amos

Season League Position Points GD Notes
09/10     BSN    1st    84   +40 Promoted as Champions
10/11     BSP    6th    72   +19 –
11/12     BSP    3rd    88   +32 Promoted through Playoffs
12/13     CCL2   6th    81   +29 Promoted through Playoffs
13/14    CCL1    3rd    87   +41 Playoffs, still to be played 

kroblues FC United Playoffs

Hartepool v FC United- Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg

With only 1 keeper available, 34 year old transfer listed Jan Budtz, the main aim for this game was to keep the score down to something that could be salvaged back at Gigg Lane. It didn’t look likely as Hartlepool made all the early running, and it was no surprise when they took the lead before half time. We came back into it after the break but with no real chances or pressure so we left ourselves with a big job to do in front of the home fans.

Final Score: Hartlepool 1-0 FC United

FC United (0) v (1) Hartlepool- Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg

Like the other 2 playoff semi finals, we left ourselves with a 1-0 deficit to claw back at home, and luckily we managed to wipe it out quickly through Özyakup’s dipping 25 yard shot which hit the bar and went in after only 5 minutes. When King found Lewis Alessandra free just inside the penalty area, with the form he was in the was only ever going to be one result and he found the corner of the net to put us ahead on aggregate. Dean Yeoman slotted home a penalty for his 15th goal of the season and sealed our progress into the final for the 3rd year running, as Hartlepool couldn’t muster anything to test our weak goalkeeper.

Final Score: FC United 3 (3)-(1) 0

FC United v Grimsby- Playoff Final

Another vital game in our trip up the leagues, and only 22,000 turned out to see it, so only 22,000 witnessed a terrible start by us as Graham Fraser was lobbed by Aidan Downes to put us 0-1 down. Paul Griffiths then changed his role from provider to goalscorer to equalise with a volley 8 minutes before half time. No further goals followed, but Yeoman hit the bar from a corner and King missed a couple of headers. We therefore headed into extra time, where we would either secure our promotion or face another year in League One. Alessandra made sure it was the former just after half time extra time as he beat the Grimsby keeper from 15 yards, meaning we had gained another promotion and continued our meteoric rise up the leagues.

Final Score: FC United 2-1 Grimsby aet

I feared this would happen.

4 points clear with 8 games to go.

Unbeaten in 21 matches.

we've lost 2-1 and now are down 2-0.

choking the title away and there's nothing I can do to stop it!!

EDIT: came back to draw 2-2, but Hyde won and has overtaken us at the top by a point...guess who've got next int he league? Yup, Away to Hyde....

My Champions league final against Inter Milan has gone to penalties after a pretty poor match. I hate this bit...

Phew! Won 3-2 despite missing our 3rd and 4th penalty.

Congrats Gypsum!

at the other end of the spectrum, Halesowen have won the 2011/12 BSN Title.

Hyde pushed us to the wire as we both won out our last three matches making our 3 goal victory over them the deciding match.

whew.

Here's a quick Tonbridge update from the 09/10 season:

After 14 games, 1st in BSS, 35 points (11 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat). Lost to Woking (1-0) in FA Cup 4th Quali Round and Setanta Shield 3rd Round (2-1 in ET), into the FA Trophy 1st Round after beating Hayes and Yeading 1-0.

Top performer so far: Jamie Burgen (15 games, 4 goals, 4 assists, 7.43 av rating)

Most assists so far: Nathan Fairclough (22 games, 9 goals, 8 assists, 7.05 av rating)

Top scorer so far: David Ball (21 games, 14 goals, 4 assists, 7.30 av rating)

Started brilliantly, winning my first six league games before a 0-0 draw with Bognor Regis (highlight of these was a 5-0 away win at Welling on the opening day of the season!), form had dropped a bit of late (my other draw and only loss so far came in consecutive games vs Bishop's Stortford and St. Albans), but win over Hayes and Yeading 3-0 last time out has seen a return of winning ways. Hopefully we can keep this up, got a very strong squad (about 5/6 ex-Man City youths!) which should be able to get us into the BSP.

This being my first gamesave with 09, I'm not sure if it's just my tactics but a lot less goals seem to go in. I've conceded 22 goals in 17 games which, in my opinion, is a good record for the lower leagues. Half the reason we have this good record is because of a centre half called Mark Dudley! The boy is a unit at the back! Commanding the backline! The only bad thing is that I've only scored 17, a goal a game. If I can sign a goalscorer then I've got a chance. At the moment I'm lingering outside of the play-offs with a squad capable of finishing inside them. We'll see what happens!!

Well done, Gypsum.

This being my first gamesave with 09, I'm not sure if it's just my tactics but a lot less goals seem to go in. I've conceded 22 goals in 17 games which, in my opinion, is a good record for the lower leagues. Half the reason we have this good record is because of a centre half called Mark Dudley! The boy is a unit at the back! Commanding the backline! The only bad thing is that I've only scored 17, a goal a game. If I can sign a goalscorer then I've got a chance. At the moment I'm lingering outside of the play-offs with a squad capable of finishing inside them. We'll see what happens!!

Well done, Gypsum.

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - Premier league - 2020/21

Media prediction: 1st

Final position: 1st

Premier League table

Champions league results

Champions league final - (Here you'll see why my defence concedes so few goals!)

Squad overview;

Squad selection info

Squad general info

Key players;

MC Craig Fraser - Another sensational season from a magnificent players. Absolutely dictates every game he plays in and his £17m signing from Coventry seem more and more of a bargain as time goes on. Despite missing two months of the season with a hip injury just after the new year, Fraser was named third in the World footballer of the year awards, included in the first XI in the World team of the year, named European midfielder of the year, European footballer of the year, named in the Champions league dream team AND was named as the English footballer of the year. Phenomenal player.

DC Joseph Daley - The American wonderkid is going from strength to strength, forcing German International and former Euro defender of the year Ilker Eser out of the team and cementing a place of his own alongside Sam Fox in the centre of defence. Daley became the figurehead of a defence which conceded just 16 goals in the premier league all season and helped goalkeeper Henrik Petersen go 945 minutes without conceding. Daley, along with the entire Merthyr back four were named in the Champions league best XI, Daley was also runner up in the English players' young player of the year awards and was named in the Premier league select XI. At just 20, Daley could go on to become a Merthyr legend.

AMRC Odair - After impressing at the end of last season, the Brazilian wonderkid earned his place on the right wing throughout this term with a string of excellent performances. His astonishing consistency and an uncanny ability to beat three or four defenders at a time have earned him a regular place in the Brazilian national side and has provided Merthyr with a true match to the ability of Smid on the left wing. A model professional and a top quality player.

AML Pavel Smid - Now in his fourth season with Merthyr, Smid's turn of pace down the left wing is a joy to behold. His ability to create something from nothing has seen him named in the World team of the year and Champions league XI and earn a reputation as the world's best left winger. As a sign of his quality, our second choice left-winger was sold to Arsenal for £20m, and he stood absolutely no chance of taking Pavel's place in the squad.

ST Eddie Midgley - A real coming of age season for the towering Englishman. Despite impressing two years ago as a star of the eague cup winning side, Eddie failed to capitalise on his opportunities last season a found himself floundering in the reserves. However, given the chance this season to cover for Are Jenssen's broken leg, Midgley's goals helped cover for two time Premiership top scorer Tom McKenzie's lack of form and saw him dubbed a wonderkid by the media. Unfortunately injured for the Champions league final, Eddie was still named English players' young player of the year ahead of teammate Joseph Daley to cap an excellent season. Will give current targetman McKenzie true competition for his place in the team next year.

Other notable mentions;

Central defender Sam Fox

Right-back Jody Howell

Left-back Franco Bachelet

Defensive midfielder Elliott Stewart

Central midfielder Neil Buckingham

Plans for the future...

Find a top quality young striker to bolster our frontline. Our defence is perfect, even our backup players are fantastic so no problems there. Continue our policy on spending big to secure top young talent. Expand or get a new stadium! 26,000 seats isn't going to cut it for much longer, and with the council blocking further expansions I am hoping for a whole new stadium on the horizon. Our bank balance should be healthy enough to afford it, so i'll have to wait and see how things develop...

Year             League    Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10          BSS        1st
2010/11          BSP        1st
2011/12          L2         1st
2012/13          L1         4th           FA Cup Semi-finalists
2013/14          CH         6th 
2014/15          CH         5th          Qualified via playoffs / FA Cup quarter finalists
2015/16          PL         7th
2016/17          PL         2nd          UEFA Cup winners
2017/18          PL         3rd
2018/19          PL         1st           League cup winners / Champions league winners
2019/20          PL         1st           Champions league winners
2020/21          PL         1st           Champions league winners

Yate Town 2013-14 BSP

Mid Season Update

Well all is going relatively well at the minute.

The league is going well and the cups (barring one) has been excellent.

Fa Cup

4th Qual round - Dag & Red (h) 4-1 Joyce 2, Curle 1, OG

1st round - Hampton & Richmond (h) 2-1 Hutchins 2

2nd round - Team Bath (h) 1-0 Joyce

3rd round - Tottenham (a) 0-3

Great result really as I managed to pick up 850k from gate receipts :D

Lost in 4th round of Conference league cup and am Currently still going in FA trophy at the 3rd round.

The squad a performing really well with goals coming from all over the midfield and the defence look very strong.

League Squad

Well done Gypsum and dafuge

I am going to have to lose nearly all of my squad this year it lookes like. The minimum any of my players want this season is a double your money contract. One player wants up to 6 times the wages he is currently on.

Did anybody else have this when they got to league 2? How did they get around it?

Well done Gypsum and dafuge

I am going to have to lose nearly all of my squad this year it lookes like. The minimum any of my players want this season is a double your money contract. One player wants up to 6 times the wages he is currently on.

Did anybody else have this when they got to league 2? How did they get around it?

I had a similar problem with the step up, especially as I offered a lot of promotion wage rises to attract players in the BSP. I generally paid the players whatever they asked for providing they were good enough and took the financial hit. We didn't get in the black until after a good FA Cup run. But I pretty much replaced my whole squad when I stepped up as the quality of players available in addition to the places you can scout makes most BSP players redundant.

I'd recommend sending some scouts to Wales, Ireland and N.Ireland to grab some bargains. Two of my League 2 signings came from Porthmadog and Ballymena and went on to become club favourites and play in the Premiership. So there are alternatives out there.

Archived