• Last Reply

Season 2011/2012 report:

League Position

Top Goalscorer and Assists

Best 11 2011/2012

Best 11

My top player

Summary:

Won the league mathematically on the last day, but i was 3 points ahead with around 25GD on 2nd place. Top Goal scorer Danny Carlton saved my bacon for most of the season, scoring 41 goals, but missed out on top league scorer by around 7 goals. Vincent Van Der Berg was immense all season, PSV or HSV bid 35k at begginning of season but he was worth more to me :) Came in with top assists and chipped in with some goals.

MY top player though was the GK Martin Hansen, conceding only 35 goals with 20 clean sheets. He is a U21 player for Denmark who i snapped up on a free from Chesterfield last season.

I now go into Coca Cola League 2 hoping to survive relegation and maybe push for promotion next season, hopefully ill be able to find some great regens/free players to sign. My current team is mainly rated as 4 stars on the Assistant Report, compared to the top (like 7?) stars they hadin BSP, but im going to stick with them for the most part.

P.S. No report for 2010/2011 as i forgot to take pics etc, but you can find out some details from the pics for this season

I don't suppose anyone knows the page numbers for this thread where people have suggested good player recommendations to help with the first season? I would try and have a look through, but 93 pages is quite a lot :D

I know!

Erm here is my transfers from the first season:

Transfers

I hope it helps, obviously they won't all be real players.

that. was the worst ever result. Ref is a deck. 4 minutes of allocated extra time, winning 2-1. guess when they score? 90+6. hate late goals, but this takes the cake. A win would have put me ELEVEN points clear. 3 wins 2 draws. come on ref, go to specsavers...

they suck, don't they? you'd think SI would improve on real refs and play the realy amount of time. They also managed to injure my keeper, forcing me to play my unnapreciative sub keeper who made a howler of a mistake against bognor.

Sutton United - Blue Square Premier - 2012/2013

After our success the previous season, we were expected to push for a top half finish and maybe a play-off spot in our first season in the Blue Square Premier.

With the squad strengthened, we didn't dissapoint. We never went below 7th position all season and ended up in third place after amassing 90 points and managed to overcome Dagenham & Redbridge in the Playoff final at Wembley and secure promotion.

Wembley is becoming a second home to Sutton United after also securing the Conference League Cup and the FA Trophy for the second year running.

League Table

Position Graph

Marc Collinson chose not to renew his contract but we strengthed the squad considerably with the signings of Barry McDonald, Paul Dudgeon, Luke Lenagan and Craig Alcock.

Wojciech Szczesny, Ben Farrell, Daniel Jones, Tony Rogers, Talla, Luke Daley and James Lawrie all played starring roles this season

Transfers

Squad

In other news, Daniel Jones was named in the Blue Square Premier Team of the Season and I was named runner-up in the Manager Award.

Blue Square Premier Playoff Winners

Conference League Cup Winners

FA Cup

FA Trophy Winners

Finances

Season XI

Overall XI

League            Season      Position       Achievements 
Blue Square South   2009/2010      7th              None
Blue Square South   2010/2011      2nd              None
Blue Square South   2011/2012      1st              BSS Champions, FA Trophy Winners
Blue Square Premier 2012/2013      3rd              Playoff Winners, Conference League Cup Winners, FA Trophy Winners

this is just taking the p*ss now. my goalie tried to be flash with the ball, cleared it, FELL OVER!!!! and then conceded. Thanks alot you done effing idiot. we are never gonna win the league with backup like this...

yeah it's a bit baffling at times.

if it makes you feel any better last season my goalie managed to injured himself before our title deciding match and I had to put my completely untested 16 year old.

He played a blinder! Kept a clean sheet and made a couple spectacular saves. Sometimes the bench warmers come through for you!

I really don't get this game sometimes.

I had such an excellent season last season, just missing out on the playoffs. This season, I've gotten rid of the dead wood at the club, and clearly strengthened it with better players, yet after 9 games I've only won 1. I'm in the relegation zone, and can't seem to get away from draws. I'm not 5 draws after 9 games. I beg that this save game doesn't go down the same route as my Carshalton save, where I would draw over 50% of the games every season.

I can' decide if I need to be more attacking to go out and finish games off, or be more defensive to hold leads :(

Bradford Park Avenue Season 3 Update 2011/12 - League 2

Media Prediction 21st

Actual Position 2nd

Pretty happy with this season to be honest, solid if unspectacular. Went 10 games unbeaten at the start of the season, 7 wins 3 draws, which somehow saw us 15pts clear at the top of the table :confused: That initial headstart was probably the main reason we got promoted. Despite patchy and inconsistent form, everyone just kept on beating everyone else, so I never really felt any pressure. Bristol Rovers eventually overtook us to clinch the title, but I wasn't too bothered.

Again we were awful in the cups, despite me giving the team a high cup bonus. Finance wise, we're still haemorraghing money, £1.5million in the red at the end of the season, but my chairman doesn't seem to care...he's just given be a £14million transfer and £190k wage budget for next season. Transfers were a bit of a mixed bag...my most expensive buys were probably my worst buys...panicked on deadline day to bring in Lenny Pidgeley for 250k who was largely backup to my 18 year old Spaniard keeper who only cost 30k.

Overview

League Table

Positions Graph

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Manager Profile

Star Men

The Defence

Goalkeeper - Miguel de la Torre

Left Back - Andrea Orlandi

Right Back - Tom Flanagan

Centre Back - Eduardo

Centre Back - Richie Byrne

These legends were the main reason I got promoted. When they were all fit and playing together I never really felt we were going to concede. Hopefully I can keep them together during the offseason beacause I reckon they'd do a job in League 1.

Lloyd Cowell - Another great season from the youngster who just gets better and better.

Henrik Ojamaa - The surprise package of the season. My parent club Derby sent him out on loan to me and at first, I was planning on using him as just a impact sub...however after Christmas he forced his way into the starting eleven and he never looked back. A phenomenal second half of the season saw him finish as the clubs top goalscorer.

Aims for next season:

• Push for a playoff place
  • Get the attack working better
  • Try and make a profit

this is just taking the p*ss now. my goalie tried to be flash with the ball, cleared it, FELL OVER!!!! and then conceded. Thanks alot you done effing idiot. we are never gonna win the league with backup like this...
won the league 3 games early :D full report coming soon.

all worked up for nothing.

I know the feeling :)

Oh for f**ks sake another loss against a bottom eight side due to random bloody mistakes.

They've all mutated into Brazil.

There also seems to a large number of foreign owned clubs - Leyton Orient are 24th in the English rich list and 2nd Div Bristol Rovers are 26th.

Chelseadaft Carshalton Season One 2009/10 Blue Square South - Champions!

Well well well. Up until this stage i had NEVER won the Title in my first season, but after all the false dawns before with this challenge i decided to take my time and do this one properly.

So at the beginning of the challenge i took a proper look over the squad, anyone obviously rubbish with nightmare stats were shown the door. I advertised for my assistant manager for a change rather then go and find one, i advertised for a GK coach (who later was pinched by Coventry for £10,000) and a physio.

The only member of staff i prefer to go and find is my scout(s). I always try and start off with a scout with a decent rep and judging ability of 15. He then goes out and looks for freebies along with players my ass man recommends.

So once my staff were in place the squad began to be assembled. It took some time to get all positions covered and had to rely on the under 18's to fill in for a few games. We started off well and maintained a good midtable position in the league until a couple of loans came in along side some signings i made for the beginning of the season.

At the turn of the year we were in and about the playoff places. So i strengthened once again including one of the surprises of my season, Georgi Kinkladze on a free. He appeared on my search screen and took a trial quite happilly to come to me so i signed him. To be fair he was pretty average, didnt really feature in away games, so a younger battle-hungry midfielder on loan came in and played the away games.

But to his credit, with 4 games left in the season we were 2nd behind St Albans. They were a couple of points in front and it didnt look like it was going to happen for us. BUT thats when Kinkladze stepped up. He ispired the team to 4 out of 4 wins to take us to the league. He made 5 assists and scored a couple too in the run in. Including an all important penalty in a 2-1 away win at Dorchester which put us 1 point behind with a game to go.

It all came down the last game, St Albans were away at Havant and in my pre match press conference i was asked about their game, so replied as anyone would with the comment "they could come unstuck down there!" and that they duly did. They lost 3-0 away to the other team that eventually got promoted with me. So it was left to us to take the title, and once again kinkladze stepped up when asked and inspired the team to a 3-0 home win against Hayes & Yeading and the title was ours!! Well happy i have to say!

So i am left with at least 5 players who are more than capable of cutting it no probs in the Blue Square Prem. All thats left now is to thank "Kinky" for his efforts (the coach report states will be a good player for the BSP but looking at his stats he is only gonna get slower) and to say thank-you and bye-bye!

Here are the screenies from my amazing season! Roll on the BSP.

Kinkladze

Kinkladze history

Players who came in on trial (and majority signed)

Transfers

Finances

Squad

Table

Year             League    Position      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10          BSS        1st           Champions

I hate to post this, but I'm struggling to spend my £35m transfer budget.

my scouts have fanned out across the globe, but I can't find the pieces that will put my team over the top, so to speak. anyone have any ideas?

also, I will accept being abused by those in less glamorous situations.

hm what year are you in?

I hate to post this, but I'm struggling to spend my £35m transfer budget.

my scouts have fanned out across the globe, but I can't find the pieces that will put my team over the top, so to speak. anyone have any ideas?

also, I will accept being abused by those in less glamorous situations.

i had the same problem so i began using my youth i had been playing for the reserves.. so invest for the future

Congratz help!!! !

My League one campaign is a tight one.. im losing away from home even tho we have alot of chances and possesion.. and yes you guessed it they have one shot and win =) At home there is no problems

I have 4 games left and are on a split 6th and last playoff spot. But Hull, who i am splitting the last playoff spot with, are 2 games behind!

I have to win the rest of my games if i wanna go to playoffs

Thanks kaNovi :)

Good luck with your ambitions, to get into the playoffs. I have no doubts you can win all your games :) remember other teams will slip up. Away from home, I always get beaten with long shots, but having not conceded in 200+mins we get beaten from 30-40 yards :(

Boston United - 2018/19 -League 1

This season I aimed to get to the JPT Final and get a spot in the Playoffs. We not only matched my aims, but we bettered them. At the begining of the season we had an awful time, we were playing poor and at Christmas, we were around 10th/11th spot. True to my nature, I knew some where along the lines, we would have to have a good run of form.

We finished 1st in the league and as the Graph shows, we really didn't deserve it, but who am I to complain? We won the JPT and we had some good results against Premiership opposition, in the League Cup. The cup runs really made our Finances. We desperatley need to get some fans to our home games and we really need a good cup run this season. Our wages are too high and if we keep on getting around 4/5k per game we will soon be in the sticky stuff.

The board are Confident in me, but FFS, we win our first trophy in years and they didn't regard it as important. Fickle barstewards.

Mike Price had never really hit it off for us. But the hattrick against Fulham proved vital to him. He actually broke the Record for most goals in a season. By god he deserved it and I just hope he can continue this run of form next season.

Shaun Holbrook is really starting to mature into a world class player. He was called up to the under 20s (I think) during the middle of the season. So hopefully now we are going into the Championship, he may well be able to get into the full England squad, miracles do happen!

The Team is basically still the same as what has brought us through the leagues, yes we have changed players and sold some. But that was of their own free will, we came up against Warren Gray this season, who returned to England with Gillingham, he looked a shadow of his former self and really was awful. Maybe a league to high for him, at least we got £200k when we did, because I can't see anybody paying that for him now.

We brought in a few Transfers to bolster up the team, and they did what was required of them.

My Profile is actually rather saddening, yet hilarious at the same time. I guess I just don't like to get my hands dirty?

My aims for next season are just to survive. Anything else would be a bonus and in all honesty, I feel we are just going to go straight back down.

[font=&quot]Season             League           Position          Achievements[/font]
 [font=&quot]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
 [font=&quot]09/10                  BSN                12th                      N/A[/font]
 [font=&quot]10/11                  BSN                15th                      N/A[/font]
 [font=&quot]11/12                  BSN                 1st                   Champions[/font]
 [font=&quot]12/13                  BSP                 2nd               Playoff Winners[/font]
 [font=&quot]13/14                   L2                    8th                       N/A[/font]
 [font=&quot]14/15                   L2                    9th                       N/A[/font]
 [font=&quot]15/16                   L2                    4th             JPT Finalists/Playoffs[/font]
 [font=&quot]16/17                   L2                   2nd                    Promoted[/font]
 [font=&quot]17/18                   L1                   4th                      Playoffs[/font]
 [font=&quot]18/19                   L1                   1st            Champions/JPT Winners[/font]

Yate Town 2013/14 BSP THE RUN IN!!

Well my side continue to keep on impressing me and I look at a side which are what I feel to be my proudest achievement ever. I feel that I have somehow managed to put a very strong side together despite having such a low rep. Despite taking Mangotsfield to the prem in 08 and Braintree to the prem in 06 this is my proudest ever feeling. Looking at this side just fills me with joy!

Still not a cert yet as there is still 6 games left and there will be play offs(hopefully) but seen as the media prediction is 23rd I am very pleased.

I am currently on a three game winning streak and in my last two games took out two of the top teams. Went away Away to Salisbury and won 5-3 (they are very likely to be my play off opponents) and then was home to top side Wrexham and won 3-2.

League Table

Phil Joyce is a complete and total legend. My favourite player in any version of the game. Signed on a free contract from Tiverton he has been immense, improving every single season. Thi season has been incredible, not so long ago in 4 games he scored 3 hat tricks aswell as bagging 1 in the other to nick 10 goals in 4 games.

Phil Joyce History

Wish me luck guys, would be a huge achievement to take Yate to league football.

Have you ever actually been to the club to meet the players?? :p

Good season, good luck in the CCC :thup:

I don't think I have, let me ask my assistant :p

How do I actually get the stat up, because I've attended about 20 conferences and if that's not enough for a 20 stat then I don't know what is :D

Suposedly I'm only allowed 4 smilies .. boooooo!!!!!!!!!

Archived