dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think I have, let me ask my assistant :p

How do I actually get the stat up, because I've attended about 20 conferences and if that's not enough for a 20 stat then I don't know what is :D

Suposedly I'm only allowed 4 smilies .. boooooo!!!!!!!!!

It's way over reliant on training. If you just use the standard training schedules you get a verrry low score. Use some of your own (or downloaded ones) and that score rockets.

2020 now.

kaNovi - good shout, most of my scouts are told to look for players that are 21 or under.

Since at least my L1 days I haven't signed a single player who was over 21 and most have been teenagers. But with so many good youngsters available for next to nothing why would I dent my 80m transfer budget.

@ help!!! - I imported the schedules I used in FM08 and they seem ok. Pretty sure I downloaded those ones too as I don't recall spending lots of time on them.

@ everyone - Does anyone know of any really good training schedules? I like creating my own tactics but training is too much like hard work.

Brigadier's Dover Athletic 2009/2010 Season

So it's the end of my first season with Dover Athletic and boy was i surprised with what happened. After a frantic search for something i could call a squad... here's the final table.

I got 1st! Though i somewhat feel guilty as Ebbsfleet were unbeaten for 3/4 of the season, they really should have won it.

At the beginning of the season i really panicked as i only had one or two players at the club. Here's my transfer history.

A few of them were complete flops but mostly they were decent business.

Key Players

GK- Martin Hansen. Deffinately one of the best players at the club whom i wouldn't have found if it wasn't for my AssMan. Also my vice-captain whole filled the role well when Ugo Ehiogu was often out injured.

Def- This is between two players and i cannot choose so i'll give it to both of them. Dale Tonge started every single game for us this season and never really faulted at all. Then there's the undefeatable Ryan McGivan. He played at both LB and CB when needed and always looked more than comfortable.

Mid- Maybe controvertial due to him not having the highest ratings, but Shaun 'The Psycho' Saiko (oh the irony, one Yel Card he got all season) is my Mid of the year. He came fairly late-ish compared to the other players, and had a shakey start, but eventually he came into his stride and though only scored 4 goals every single one of them was vital.

ST- When i came to the club the first thing i tried was to search for was a star. Little did i know, one was already born at the club in it's youth team. Then-16 year old Nick Banfield should now already be a club legend. 30(!!) goals he scored this season and for a 16 year old it blew me away (he turned 17 more or less at the end of the season). No matter how far i get with the club, this guy is staying with me. I'm predicting that at league 1 he might be deemed usless, but i'll still play him in cup matches... even if i get to the Premiership. He feels like a son to me! :D

Here's my full squad list.

I had no loans this season as i thought it'd be wrong since my reputation is higher than most.

Here's my Manager Overview. Didn't do too well in the cups as you can see, but i really wasn't bothered about them at this time, i just wanted to get out of this league.

Bring on the BSP! :)

(Hope i haven't missed anything!)

Ryan Mcgivern is a pretty good player, you can easily hang on to him till you hit the championship so long as he gets his game still. he was quality for my Guisely team for a few years.

Thanks for that Info! I just got offered 5k for him and was thinking of accepting... won't do now though! :D

I did Salkster but now I've got a 1 with my Hands on Approach :D

@ Daemonic, I've been on the training forum, it looks too much like hardwork. I may just put up with that 1 rating :(

help!!!, take a look for Tug's Training. That seems to be the one i use from looking at the file names :)

Works very well and the game thinks you're Mr. Hands On all of a sudden :p

Devrin Leteo – FC United – League One – 2019/2020

This season was very weird. I finally learned that if I train my players too hard, I will end up with a huge amount of injuries. And not just little injuries but months long injuries. By October 12th, I had 9 injuries, 7 of them with starters, and eight of them lasting a month or longer. Amazingly, my backups were able to hold their own throughout this time, and my team continued to improve throughout the season, eventually ending the season in 2nd and in a promotion spot. Lesson learned though, as I lowered my physical training on all of my players, and slowly my injury list began to disappear.

Next season, I'm sure, will be a consolidation of my position in the Championship, but I am quietly optimistic that the depth I showed this season could prove beneficial to having an outside shot at a playoff spot.

League Table

League Graph

Squad

Transfers

Season                League           Position                Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 09/10                  BSN                5th                   Playoffs
 10/11                  BSN                5th              Playoff Winners
 11/12                  BSP                11th           FA Trophy Winners
 12/13                  BSP                9th       Conference League Cup Finalists
 13/14                  BSP                1st                  Champions
 14/15                   L2                 6th                   Playoffs
 15/16                   L2                 2nd                  Promoted
 16/17                   L1                 15th                    N/A
 17/18                   L1                 5th                   Playoffs
 18/19                   L1                 5th                JPT Winners
 19/20                   L1                 2nd                  Promoted

Ryan Mcgivern is a pretty good player, you can easily hang on to him till you hit the championship so long as he gets his game still. he was quality for my Guisely team for a few years.

Good to hear, got him in my Tonbridge side, alongside January signing Marlon Broomes :cool:.

Got in Moses Ashikodi on a free, came off the bench against BSP Harrogate in the FA Trophy 2nd Round, puts us 1-0 up on 80 mins and sets up the third, we win 3-0 :) I'll count that as a giantkilling.

Yate Town 2013/14 End of season 700 REP

League Table

Well what is my best ever football manger season, well not the most successful but the most fulfilling. In the league my boys put in an incredible effort to make it all the way to the play offs aswell as challenging when I got there. It was a great performance in the play offs which ended in the worst possible way. After drawing the 1st leg at home 0-0 this happened 2nd Leg

Really disappointing to finish that way but incredibly proud of my boys as I didn't think we'd come anywhere near this close at the beginning of the season. I knew my boys had the ability but I never believed them to come that close so soon.

Big thanks must go down to one man, that man is Phil Joyce. His return was immense yet again and it the clubs all time leading goal scorer. Fantastic talent signed for nothing off Tiverton town as a 16 year old. Needless to say he picked up the top goal scorer award.

So this is the squad that drove me soo close here

My managerial exploits have been noticed also. Was offered a job by Merthyr a few years ago, now I have been offered another. This time by 10th placed in the BSN Stafford. This really does show how low Yate Town's rep is for them to offer me a job of a mid table side a division below. I also came 3rd in the manager of the year.

The cup was fantastic for us. Managed to get all the way to the 3rd round of the FA cp where we were awarded an away tie at Tottenham. Obviously we got beat but it did give us 800k.

Hopefully can really press on this season and fight for the title :)

Season			 League			       Position	           Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10			Blue Square South			13th		   
2010/11			Blue Square South			 4th			  Play off semi
2011/12		        Blue Square South			 5th		            PROMOTION
2012/13		        Blue Square Prem			 16th		 
2013/14                 Blue Square Prem                          3rd                      Play off semi

Quite annoyed to be honest. It is true luck that I managed to sign a striker before this happened. FOUR strikers are injured. and my best one (out on loan) is out for a month. Not good news, as I only signed my new striker to replace my ailing one, but now I am forced to play them. If I get one more injury I'm done for...

after a bit of meditating on the season, I've come to the conclusion that the team is simply too young at this point to be anywhere close to good enough to challenge.

with that said, the potential is all there. I need a quality left back and then all I have to do is let them bake for a few seasons.

If thats an actual problem, I'm in deeper than I thought. My squad avg. age is about 20 :D

Marine - End of season one 09/10

Media prediction 21st

Actual finish..... 11th

[/url]League Table

[/url]Joel Ledgister

[/url]]Squad

Season                League           Position                Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 09/10                  BSN                11th                   Diddly

I was hoping to finish mid-table this season and, after a few decent results my ambitions soared but I was brought back down to Earth with a mixed bag of results!

I scored 53 and conceded 58 in 48 games which, defensively, is quite good but to score just over 1 goal a game is awful! I'm going to need to double that if I want to reach the play-offs

next season!

Quite a big problem, which really needs to be addressed, is my tactics. This is my first experience with this game but I've yet to create a tactic that satisfies me and although we did punch

above our weight, with the right tactics and a striker that knows where the goal is, I think we could've sneaked into the play-offs.

Aims for next season

Finish in the play-offs

Find a solid tactic

Find a goalscorer (0.5 GPG)

Be in the black!

Thanks for reading.

Hednesford Town Season 5 2013/14 Blue Square Premier

League Position 2nd (lost in playoff semis)

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/League-3.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Chart-4.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Season-3.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Overall-3.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Transfers-4.jpg

Well a busy pre season for us. We were allowed to increased coaches to 5 so we brought 4 in, all on part time contracts. I also brought in 2 additional scouts. I managed to bring in 5 new players all on part time contracts to start just to make sure we have the players in place to try to stay in the league. We did this for £3,800 per week in wages my budget is £4,800 but I believe realistically we can afford £4,400 (tv money and hopefully bigger crowds) so will try to move some players to full time as the season progresses. By the end of August I had most of the squad on a fulltime deal and we managed to do it for £4,300 per week.

We picked up where we left off from last season and managed 19 points in the first 10 games and sit in 3rd. We scored 18 goals and conceded 12 as we appear to be coping well with the step up in class.

We remained unbeaten in the next 10 and haven’t lost since the opening day of the season. We picked up 24 points to move to 43 and we scored 21 goals letting in 12. We sit in 3rd well inside the playoffs but sill 5 points behind leaders Oxford.

Injuries and fatigue started to take its toll for us in the next 10 but we still managed 15 points to and are placed well in 4th. We scored 14 times conceding 12 once again.

We got over the poor patch and returned to been hard to beat with our only defeat away to runaways Oxford. We picked up 17 points scoring 16 conceding 10 rather than 12! We sit 3rd 11 points inside the playoffs but no chance of finishing top.

We finished the last 6 games well remaining unbeaten and climbing to 2nd place. We picked up 14 points scoring 8 conceding 3 and keeping 4 clean sheets. We play Dag & Red in the playoffs and hopefully are hard to beat way of play will get us through, however we have never beaten them in 4 attempts.

We lost the first leg 1-0. We didn’t start well and despite a good second half we couldn’t get that goal to put ourselves back in the match. We fared no better in the 2nd leg with a 0-0 draw and missing a penalty as well. Again we were the better side but could find no way through. We were unfortunate to draw a side we struggle to beat but hopefully we can bounce back from this for next season.

A great season in all for us. We had decent runs in the cup (but nothing special) and had a great run in the cup. We moved most players onto fulltime deals and perhaps most pleasing of all made a massive profit of £278k leaving us with a balance of £224k.

Hopefully next year we can kick on. We can afford to spend more money on weekly wages so hopefully the board will back me. Some transfer money would be nice as well.

chrishunt1212 - Worksop Town - Blue Square North 2009/2010 - 1st Season

Heres my profile

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8954/dafugeprofilepiceu1.jpg

I picked Worksop for 2 reasons, the first is they are only about 20 miles away from where I live, and the other reason is they have quite a low reputation in 9.0.2.

Within a month or two of me taking charge there were rumours of a takeover flying about, unforetunately when it happened, no money got pumped into the club, but I was able to carry on in charge.

I will post more details shortly.

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bluesquarenorthmz6.png - Table

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=joelledgisterko4.png - Right Mid

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marinekg4.png - Squad

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=paulbrowngm3.png - Left Mid

I forgot to say, the reason we finished mid-table was because of our driving forces, our wingers! Without these two we'd have been relegated, I feel.

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bluesquarenorthmz6.png - Table

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=joelledgisterko4.png - Right Mid

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marinekg4.png - Squad

http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=paulbrowngm3.png - Left Mid

I forgot to say, the reason we finished mid-table was because of our driving forces, our wingers! Without these two we'd have been relegated, I feel.

help!!!, take a look for Tug's Training. That seems to be the one i use from looking at the file names :)

Works very well and the game thinks you're Mr. Hands On all of a sudden :p

Just downloaded it now, I will see what it is like :D

Hopefully I can be Mr hands on instead of Mr I don't get my hands dirty :D

Leigh genesis got promoted in my game, and are now competing in the BSP! they must have had a lucky manager :D

In my game I have them as a feeder club and they are regular League 2 performers. Only got relegated to the BSP for one season in the past 7. I tend to send my 17 year old youth players there which helps a bit, but it's still good progress.

I'm quite excited about this prospect... Ziya Aydin. I've signed quite a few strikers over the past year to cover injuries and some poor form, and none of them have worked out. But this lad just seems like a natural goalscorer with bags of pace, good finishing and composure at just 18. And I like players whose first name alone shows up on the match screen, Ziya has a ring to it.

On an 8 match winning run since the start of February, scored 24 and conceded 4 in this time so in a great spell. Have had David Bell (was top scorer at the time) out for all these games, but Ben Fairclough have done well stepping across from his "provider" striker role to "main" striker role and is now top scorer on 23 goals, Ashikodi causing lots of trouble in the "provider" role, scoring 9 from there but not assisting as much as Fairclough did.

Ossett Town - League One (2036/2037)

League One Prediction - 24

League One Position - 6

Table

Graph

Cups 4th round FA Cup we got Premier League squad Bolton which made us some money, unfortunaly that was the end of the FA Cup this year.

Summary

We were midtable most of the season and managed on the last day to snatch in to the last playoff spot! it was quite unexpected but we had a great run

of form the last 5-6 games of the season.

Met Huddersfield in the Playoff Semi-finals managed to get 3-3 away from home and played 1-1 at home, but won 7-6 on penalties!!

Met Hull in the Playoff Final

Sooo ridicouless. i need a new gk.

Players: Keys

Squad

Clark

Nixon

Benbow

Manager Overview

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Promotion promotion promotion.

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2009/10   15th       Quarter Finals CLC
Blue Square South     2010/11   1st        BSS League Champions
Blue Square Premier   2011/12   13st       none
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   1st        BSP League Champions
League Two	      2013/14   4th	   Promoted via Playoffs
League One	      2014/15   17th   	   FA Trophy Semi-finalist
League One	      2015/16   8th	   none 
League One	      2016/17   2nd        Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   17th	   none
Championship	      2018/19	16th       none	
Championship  	      2019/20	3rd	   Playoff Semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   1st	   Promoted as Champions
Premier League	      2021/22  	16th	   none
Premier League	      2022/23  	5th	   FA Cup Semi-Finalist
Premier League	      2023/24   11th	   Uefa Cup Quarter finals
Premier League	      2024/25   4th        Uefa cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Runners-Up.
Premier League        2025/26   2nd	   none
Premier League        2026/27   2nd        none
Premier League        2027/28   3rd	   Champions League Winners 
Premier League	      2028/29   1st        Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
				   Euro Super Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners [b][i] Challenge completed [/b][/i]      
Premier League	      2029/30   1st
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	   Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2031/32   1st 	   League Cup Winners

[b] End of Wealdstone Career [/b]
[b] Start of Ossett Town Career[/b]

Blue Square North     2032/33   1st 	   Promoted as Champions
Blue Square Premier   2033/34   11th	   none 
Blue Square Premier   2034/35   1st	   Promoted as Champions	
League Two            2035/36   1st	   Promoted as Champions   
League One            2036/37   6th	   Playoff Final losers  

Archived