dafuge's FM09 challenge

Real London Update - Season 5 (2013/2014)

Blue Square Premier Prediction - 11th

Blue Square Premier Position - 20th

F.A Cup - 1st Round (v Burscough)

F.A Trophy - 4th Round (v Macclesfield)

Conference League Cup - S 3rd Round (v Crawley)

Blue Square Premier - League Table | League Graph

Blue Square Premier :

The worst season ever. I fought tooth and nail to stay in the division, and ended up dragging myself out of a relegation spot on the last day of the season. Unlikely as it was, 20th place lost to 23rd in a 4-3 thriller, and I got a draw against 8th place, away from home, which secured my way out. Next season, consolodating is what I'll be looking to do, and finish a firm mid-table.

Domestic Cups :

Made it to the first round of the F.A Cup again, and drew non-league Burscough, who I demolished 6-0 in a friendly earlier in the season. Needless to say, I lost. A good run in the F.A Trophy, however, saw me lose on pens in the fourth round.

Best Elevens : Season | Overall

Record Sheet : Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info :

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Information

Manager Personal

Team Info :

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info :

Player Selection

Finances

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs

Real London Staff

Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Ashley Grant (DC)

*It annoys me that a defender has won this on every occasion so far. (Including my Carshalton save.

[/url]

New Real London Records*

Record League Appearances - Adam Legzdins, 143 Apps.

*Records are only displayed when broken, and may not represent the final tally of the broken record

Player of the Season

No one. The only player to even get a sniff of a mention was NepentheZ II © - Because he was top scorer. It was an embarrassing season though.

Season Summary

Awful season. Because of the poor league games, the attendances were low, which means the finances suffered. A lot. Almost £200,000 of my hard earned has gone :(

League History

Season 1 - Blue Square South - 6th place (68 points)

Season 2 - Blue Square South - 2nd place (77 points)

Season 3 - Blue Square South - 2nd place (89 points) - PROMOTED

Season 4 - Blue Square Premier - 6th place (75 points)

Season 5 - Blue Square Premier - 20th place (44 points)

Cup History

*Only Final Appearances and better included

N/A

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've noticed a similar theme. If the result is comfortable and i'm just playing the game out my players will start getting challenged heavily, particularly against mid/lower table teams. So tend to take off the more fragile players and bring on the beasts. I've got about 7 players in the first team who are 6'2" and over with good ratings for strength, and when they're all on the pitch I don't tend to get kicked about as much... funny that!

Oh for the love of God SIX players injured incl two that had to be subbed in one match.

Well, a random example from me; My last Premiership game against Man City. My quick striker had to be taken off after taking a knock (no injury, but fitness went down to about 60%), City commited 33 fouls to my 10 with 6 yellow cards and 1 red. And they had one shot on target to my 11, and I won 2-0.

Games where I outplay the opposition generally seem to go like this.

Quick update - drew away leg of L2 playoffs, lost two players through injury.

Won the home leg - my opponents rough house tactics back fired as they lost two players to injury.

Losing play-off final 2-0 both conceded in the opening 10 minutes.

5 ccc to me, SIX brilliant saves by there keeper and I hit the bar. Too ****ed off to write up the season.

21 chances 5 on target 0 scored - they had 5 shots 3 on target and scored twice, oh and my keeper had gone 532 minutes without conceeding, and a massive 13k attendance.

Now my board have cut the number of coaches I can have from 6 to 3

I mentioned before about Arsenal's bizarre form this season on my game, and our match was no exception. It finished 6-3! Their midfield and strikers are excellent, no team has given my defence such a challenge. But their defence is absolutely terrible. Looking through their players, I don't think any of them would have made it in to my old Championship side! They have now conceded 49 in 23 games, more than anyone else in the Premiership.

Is it just me that finds it really hard when you start? First season I got mid-table which was good enough, I then went and signed quite a few players that were released from Premiership u18 teams and I thought I had a great chance yet I'm still a midtable team that can't beat bottom of the league...Or even score against them! I'm beginning to think it's my tactics, although I have read some stuff about them on the tactics forum and put that into place in my own tactic yet it hasn't made a blind bit of difference! Any ideas?

The majority of my players have had "Wnt" by their name throughout the game, however not a single bid has ever arrived for them. Just closed the first transfer window of season 3. I give them high asking prices (£1m) for Ben Mee, as top Championship teams are interested in him. Hopefully soon one of them will splash out!

Just got a news item saying that my Chairman Barry Douglas is looking to step down and let another board member take over. Considering my success must have made him a millionaire over the past few years i'm sure he's going to retire very comfortably. It'll be interesting to see what happens, I hope the new boss has a lot of cash as we really could do with a new stadium, but whatever happens I should think my job is safe as i'm a legend at the club!

Damn :( Got sacked after 10 straight defeats, well sort of straight defeats, there was 2 draws in there some where. But still, leaving me bottom :( Shouldn't of sold my best players when they were unhappy, oh well it's a lesson learnt.

I shouldn't of said I would be able to finish mid-table, considering how well the other players are doing at their new teams, I could of finished mid-table. Should of learnt after the FCUM balls up, to go for the lowest possible expectation ...

Hard luck help!!! :(

I always go for lowest expectations no matter how much I need the transfer funds or wages.

EDIT: Speaking of wages. Is anyone else the highest paid at their clubs? My manager salary of 55k p/w was, until a couple of recent contract renewals, more than double that of my highest paid player :eek:

Even now I'm paid 5k per week more than my star striker.

I need a Board request of "I don't want the bloody money, keep it and build me a new stadium"

I always go for the lowest expectations as well, but just had a brain explosion thinking I could finish mid-table, when in reality we were never going to stay up, but it's another lesson learnt, even if it is a hard one :(

I agree with you there Daemonic, what is the point of us getting wages when we cannot use them, and then every time we get a new contract offer, we cannot lower our wages.

Surely if we were able to lower our wages, it would show a sign of loyalty or something..

I always go for the lowest expectations as well, but just had a brain explosion thinking I could finish mid-table, when in reality we were never going to stay up, but it's another lesson learnt, even if it is a hard one :(

I agree with you there Daemonic, what is the point of us getting wages when we cannot use them, and then every time we get a new contract offer, we cannot lower our wages.

Surely if we were able to lower our wages, it would show a sign of loyalty or something..

I suggested it before that the contract renewal should start with the board coming to you and saying they'd like to renew the contract, how much would you like and from there you can negotiate.

If you want to see how much you can accumulate in a career push them as far as you can, otherwise just sign on again at a nice low wage that doesn't hamper the club.

Dover - Coca Cola League Two - 2011/12 Season

A brillant season with us finishing 4th and making the playoffs, where we won 1-0 at home and had a hard fought 0-0 draw away against Dagenham & Redbridge which meant we would meet Bournemouth in the final. A great day was had by all at Wembley with us fighting out a brillant 3-2 win to gain promotion to Coca Cola League One.

Table Graph

This season could have been a lot different if it wasnt for my astute dealings in the transfer market that saw me release no fewer than 15 players and sold 1 for£24,000 who were no where near the standard needed for league football. So this meant i was left with 15 players good enough for league football so off i went in to the transfer market, where i found 14 good lower league players for a total of £0. I also took 1 player on loan from my parent club who then got a season long injury in 1st game for us so sent him back. After doing all this i think this gave me a well balanced squad of experienced and young players. Judging by what we acheived, this seems to have worked well so i think this may be the way forward over the next few seasons.

Transfers Squad Best Player

On the downside i over spent slightly on the wage budget and also had early exits from the cups so made less money than last year so was unable to improve training and youth facilities. On the upside confidence at the club is good and hopefully with the new tactics and training schedules i been working on over the last few days things could be better next season at the higher level.

Finances Confidence

On to next season:-

1. Avoid relegation
  2. Have a cup run
  3. Make enough money to improve facilities
  4. Improve squad

Just had a slightly self destructy transfer window. I sold Tomkins for £250k, Upson for £250k, King for £1.7M, Yeoman for £1M and Alessandra for £350k. While this means most of the team has left, they were mostly out of contract next year so I got some money while could. Luckily some of the backups from last year and a ton of loan signings seems to have come good and we are top of League 1 after 13 games

collapse!

After narrowly losing 1-0 in the 2012/13 BSP Playoff Final, Halesowen Town has started the new season with three straight defeats...

Unlucky. I myself finished 6th in my first season of BSP. Barely stayed in the division the following season, escaping relegation on the final day of the season :(

Unlucky. I myself finished 6th in my first season of BSP. Barely stayed in the division the following season, escaping relegation on the final day of the season :(

I changed my tactics around for the next match and won 0-3 at AFC Wimbledon. Hopefully this will lift our morale some, but at least we're not on the bottom of the table anymore! :)

Aario - Gloucester - Season 2 (2010-2011) in BSS - End of Season Report - PROMOTED :thup:

After last seasons playoff final heartbreak this season we finished one better and managed to win the League. I also managed to get Manager of the Season.

The majority of the squad (other view) from last season was kept with a few additions.

Cups were much better than last season as well. Reached the 4th round of the Conference Cup, the 2nd round of the FA Trophy and most impressively the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Our stiffs also won their league for the second season running showing that we have decent strength in depth in most positions.

Again Thompson got the majority of the goals.

Here is my fans player of the year. (Also forgot to do this last season when it was this guy, I like to think the fans sign his name to the tune of Sir Physcho Sexy by the Chillis :D)

Other important players were Ngo-Baheng, Grieve and Diao-Jimenez.

Finally here is Gloucester info and info2, my current profile and what happened in the rest of England (2) (3) (4).

Aims for next season - get a couple of quality players in, keep most of the squad together and finish at least mid table :thup:

Boston United - End of Season 2025/26

Premier League table

Squad 2025/26

Star Players

Midfielder Jonathan Fletcher

Striker Ryan Anderson

Striker Johan Bindels

Review

I expected us to finish in midtable again - anything else would be a bonus. What a bonus! We touched a Champions League spot on the final day, but Liverpool snatched it with a rearranged game after everyone else had finished. Still, we got into the UEFA Cup. Bindels was brilliant all season, and still only 19. He and Anderson will hopefully be our strikeforce for years and years...

And we received this stadium expansion...

My First season with Tiverton and i have reached the play offs finishing second thats only due to my loan striker Ashley Barnes.

My first game is against forest green away, i havent had much sucess in the play offs on FM09 in previous saves.... So i am wishing myself goodluck.

Brigadier's Dover Athletic 2010/2011

Before i begin i firstly have to say that this season has been the pinnacle of my FMing career. Never before have i felt so many emotions in just one season. Fear, rage, euphoria, dismay and pride.

At the season start i knew that i wouldn't exactly struggle to stay up. I had confidence in my strike force, and so, i bravely opted for the option 'Mid Table finish'.

To summise the whole season in 3 parts it would go like this. A shakey start, a brilliant mid season run and an awful last 5-or-so games.

After 46 matches here was the table.

I just about managed the play-offs. If it wasn't for the awful end of season form it would have been possible to win it.

My play-off semi final was drawn against a constant thorn in my side Rushden. Who only a few weeks ago totally outplayed me.

1st Leg

You really couldn't make this stuff up... the very last minute of stoppage time my Captain 'The Psycho' scores a 25 yard screamer to give us the advantage in the tie. An angel was looking out for us here, i just hoped they would for the next leg.

2nd Leg

I set out my defence to be a wall. I didn't care about who could score wonder goals every now and again, I needed consistancy to get me through. After an eventless 1st half my nerves were shot... I shouted to me team 'You can win this!' And then up to my new star striker Morten Nielsen... 'Go out there and prove a point.' and boy did he! The first highlight was his 15th goal of the season in 19 games. For the next 40 minutes i had relief until they managed to grab an equaliser... I couldn't remember what having nerves was like... as the pounded chance after chance before the full time whistle. I was through!

Play off Final

Pitted against Kettering the whole 90 minutes was uneventful... the amazing excitment came in extra time second half. My hopes and dreams were destroyed when Kettering score almost instantly after the half began... We'd tried our best i told myself, maybe next year i would tell them in the dressing room... Cieslewicz scores!! The hard working sub had bailed me out yet again this season!

Penalties... I didn't watch, i have never been so nervous in my life. Thankfully i didn't need to worry about my players... It was Kettering that faulted. We'd done it! Promotion!

Key players

GK- Again it's Martin Hansen. The only reason being him my only goal keeper for the best part of two years... an new signing near the end of the last season 32 year old Dimi Konstantopoulous will pushing Hansen next season all the way.

Def- It's a tough choice but i have to go for signing this year Kenny Strickland. Always soild even when nursing injuries. I'm expecting him to be just as prominent next season in League 2.

Mid- My new captain for the season and second consecutive Mid of the year Shaun 'The Psycho' Saiko. He's constantly lead the way ddespite his young age. His devine intervined goal in the Semi's easily secured him this award. Now we're professional i suspect he will be in the Canada squad again sometime soon.

For- Really really difficult... there's my last years star striker Nick Banfield and this seasons top scorer of 20, however his last ten or so games were unforgivably poor. Morten Nielsen the January free transfer who destroyed the league when he first came. But the award goes to Adrian Cieslewicz, the unsung hero of the year. Super sub i call him which is very musch deserved with so many last minute game saving goals.

Squad- I really need to off load some people mainly strikers and Wingers who won't be able to cope with the higher league standard. I've already prepared by offering contracts to rejected Premiership youngsters.

Finances- Looking good! I'm hoping to persuade the board to improve youth and training facilities, though for now i've annoyed them enough i think.

This year i really am hoping to survive... this will be tough.

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 3 (2011/2012)

Coca-Cola League 2 Prediction - 24st

Coca-Cola League 2 Position - 1st

F.A Cup - 5th Round (v Arsenal)

Conference League Cup - 1st Round (v Southend)

Johnstone Paint Trophy - S 1st round (v Hereford)

Coca-Cola League 2 (1st) - League Table | League Graph

CCL2 League Summary

I must be doing something right. Once again my players proved their worth and simply crushed all resistance. I think the back 4 together with the keeper were the decisive area to this seasons success. Also, Nielsen and Burge's scoring +20 goals also contributed alot.

Domestic Cups

The only thing worth mentioning is the massive amount of money I got after playing (and loosing to) Arsenal in the FA Cup 5th round. CLC and FAT were very dissappointing.

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers 1 | Transfers 2

Affiliated Clubs

Chippenham Staff

Players of the Season

Filip Mentel - Got him on free and has been great. 20 clean sheets and only conceived 23 goals in 36 league matches.

Mikkel Hansen - Once again playing good.

Peter Hansen - Fantastic season. once again the backbone of my defence and a great captain.

Roger Jones - Signed this youngster to cover the right midfield. He returned 11 assists.

Morten Nielsen - Got him on free and he didn't fail. 32 goals from him.

Jon Ashton - Proved his loyalty when he committed to the club. Has been great and one of the reasons why so little goals got scored against me.

Glenn Burge - Still banging in the goals. 22 again this season.

Chippenham Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Peter Hansen (2nd time)

CCL2 Manager of the Year - Mikael Schøler

Players on CCL2 Team of the Year - 2

New Chippenham Records

Highest attendance - 3992

Highest gate reciepts - 650k

Unbeaten run - 27

League goals - 19 (Morten Nielsen)

Season goals - 27 (Morten Nielsen)

Man of The Match - 9 (Morten Nielsen)

Assists - 14 (Alexander Kacaniklic)

Season Summary

Fantastic season really. I rocked CCL2. I am a bit worried about the lack of passing quality in the midfield. The wingers are doing great but central midfield should provide more. I will look into strengthening this position. Goals for next season is off course to stay in CCL1 and I also hope I can build up the finances a bit. It's still too low to my liking.

Other News

Jon Ashton bid accepted by chairman:

Jon Ashton signs new deal

Strange bid

New kit Sponsor - 3 year - 300k per annum

Game Summary

Season         League                 Position                  Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10        Blue Square South      1st place (103 points)    Division Champions, FA Trophy
2010/11        Blue Square Premier    1st place (107 points)    Division Champions, Conference League, FA Trophy
2011/12        Coca-Cola League 2     1st place (117 points)    Division Champions

New Youth Intake

Lee Dunn - AM R - Profile | Coach Report

Sounds like one to drop very quickly.

Tribute goes to Nep for letting me use his seasonal template :-)

Archived