dafuge's FM09 challenge

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha nice one mag man.

well, iv started this a lil while ago, im going slowly on the game cos i got alot on at the moment, but im Marine, wanted a <1000 rep club but, each time i refreshed/loaded it the teams where generally over 1000 and i just went with them. Not long in to the job and theres takeover talks, one second its on verge of collapse then its back up again and its just one of those circles. Nothing yet has been confirmed on that matter.

Well, the pre-season friendlies got off orite, nothing great, nothing dissapointing, which, in all gave me some faith in them that they will stay up with a little help from me. Being me, i straight away headed out to get a parent club, and what a parent club to get from it thanks to geographical location, Liverpool.

You could argue its bad at this stage as the players, generally, wont want to come on loan from there. but, as i move up the leagues the players will be more likely to want to. Having said that, the day we were officially announced as affiliates, Liverpool manager Rafa was planning a loan. It went ahead and i signed Dalla Valle, quite a good, strong midfielder for me so far. filled in a gap. Then i just need some more free and loan players. which, i got some more of to fill in spaces - to name a few > Mangan and Ben Thompson.

The season got off quite well with a 1 v 0 win against Burscough, however loosing 1 v 0 to Gateshead in the next game. The next game was Stafford, who we also managed to scrape our way past the defenders to get a 1 v 0 win. The next two games we lost, disappointingly, but still managed to get 1 goal in each. Then, we lost in the Conference League Cup N 1st Rnd against Altrincham, in the last bloody minute.

After 3 consecutive defeats, I was aiming for a win, or at least a draw. and thats what we got, a 1 v 1 draw.

My main problem that I could see was the ammount of goals we scored, 1 goal in every game bar two, where we scored none. we hadnt managed to put more that two goals away this season asides from pre season friendlies.

It was time for a slight tactical change, a little more attacking whilst keeping a strong back line. It worked a treat, bringing us our first game where we managed to put more than one goal away. not only was it more than 1, it was 3 goals we scored. And we also managed to keep a clean sheet, 3 v 0.

This has left us in 11th place, 9 points behind the leaders Redditch, and 9 points in front of relegation candidates Boston Utd.

August 2009

Basingstoke     0 - 0     Swindon S

Swindon S       3 - 0     Bromley
A. Taylor
M. Draycott
O. Hotchkiss

Team Bath       3 - 0     Swindon S
N. Joynes (3)

Swindon S       0 - 1     Eastbourne Boro
                         A. Tait

Swindon S       1 - 0     Hayes & Yeading
P. Owen

Hayes took it upon themselves to injure my 3 best strikers. Bastards. 13th in the table at the end of the month with my conference cup tie up next.

Ok a Quick question for you all. It's a bit complicated.

I finished second in Championship with Billericay. I was so excited cause my balance was -1.7m. After the season ended i was told a takeover from another director of the board must be completed. An expansion of 9k have been planned also, taking the balance to -17M.

The president(soon to be ex) injected 4.4M. We now have -12M balance.

So the new season in Premier League has started. First Question: How come i didnt receive any prize for the Championship position?

I then receive a message about 37M tv revenue. Second Question: How come my balance is still -11m? Do i take the money every month?

Thanx in advance.

I couldn't for £41m. I presume you have/ going to buy a decent full back with that.

He wanted a new challenge anyway. I have a youth product RB who is ready for the 1st team and have a backup 17 year old RB who is already good enough but lacks pace.

I'm taking a step back from the game to figure out my tactics - as it stands now, we're simply not doing well enough.

with that said, we strolled into the last 32 of the Europa League and are going to the Emirates for the 2nd leg of the League Cup semis with a 2-1 lead. after a little work on the tactical side tomorrow, we should be ready to win.

so i will receive every month an amount of money of tv revenue?

And what happened to prize for winning promotion? Only the Champions win money? Last season i lost the play off final and i received 2M.

This is a bug I think. It's definetly been reported. When I won the Championship I got zilch as well but had received prize money in previous seasons. Looks like getting promoted seems to cause the prize money not to be awarded.

So I finally plucked up the courage to change my captain, despite warnings in this thread about players becoming unhappy. Goalkeeper Henrik Petersen's 7 year reign is over and he is now vice-captain to two times fans' player of the year and World-class midfielder Craig Fraser. Fortunately the squad are universally happy about Fraser's appointment.

This is a bug I think. It's definetly been reported. When I won the Championship I got zilch as well but had received prize money in previous seasons. Looks like getting promoted seems to cause the prize money not to be awarded.

thanks for your reply. How much do you usually get as second?

thanks for your reply. How much do you usually get as second?

Not sure...if its in proportion to the other league placings it should have been around the 2m mark. I was annoyed at the time but one season in the Premier League and I went from about 1m in the bank to 25m so I soon forgot about it. :)

Thinking of having a go at this. I just have a couple of questions while my Doc Holliday is on, ehrm, holliday.

1.) I play 9.1.0, is that still ok? I really hated 9.2.0. I just couldnt get my defence to play the way I wanted.

2.) Is there any bugs in 9.1.0 that might hinder the long term progress of such a game? I don't mean in matchengine, but more in stuff like stadium expansion, getting fired for no reason, etc. I havent had any issues that are gamebreaking in the games I've played so far, but I've only played 2 seasons at most (with Parma).

3.) On buying players. I've never played with attribute masking, so that will be a new experience. But is it ok to use the "Search->Player" (and staff) feature? Like on staff I usually filter out "unrealistic" targets and add filter for certain training types like "fitness" when I search. And for players I like to always search for people with high "determination" for instance. Is it ok to do this, or do I only buy players my scouts find on their trips around the country?

4.) Now that I think about it, with attribute masking I guess it wont be possible to search for anything in the player search anyways untill my scouts have seen the players?

Cheers.

Thinking of having a go at this. I just have a couple of questions while my Doc Holliday is on, ehrm, holliday.

1.) I play 9.1.0, is that still ok? I really hated 9.2.0. I just couldnt get my defence to play the way I wanted.

2.) Is there any bugs in 9.1.0 that might hinder the long term progress of such a game? I don't mean in matchengine, but more in stuff like stadium expansion, getting fired for no reason, etc. I havent had any issues that are gamebreaking in the games I've played so far, but I've only played 2 seasons at most (with Parma).

3.) On buying players. I've never played with attribute masking, so that will be a new experience. But is it ok to use the "Search->Player" (and staff) feature? Like on staff I usually filter out "unrealistic" targets and add filter for certain training types like "fitness" when I search. And for players I like to always search for people with high "determination" for instance. Is it ok to do this, or do I only buy players my scouts find on their trips around the country?

4.) Now that I think about it, with attribute masking I guess it wont be possible to search for anything in the player search anyways untill my scouts have seen the players?

Cheers.

1) Thats OK I believe.

2) I cant think of any, I had already played a lot of season with 9.1 before 9.2 came out and cant think of any thing that hindered me to much.

3) You can use the player search screen but players you sign have to be within the guidelines, i.e. They come from a country you are able to scout or if not they come on trial.

4) Attribute masking doesn't hide every attribute it varies from player to player so you can still filter out players. Plus once yours scouts have found their attributes the filter will be more effective.

Hope this helps and good luck :thup:

I dont suppose anyone has the "reputation" lists for 9.1.0 still? I just got Leigh Genesis on my save, and thought I had gotten one of the worst, but when I started looking they have a 10,000 stadium. Bigger than Boston. And when I checked in the pregame editor they have a reputation of over 1200.

I saved the 24th, so I'll reload a few times. But is there any easy way of seeing which teams are the promoted ones? Going through one by one each time is gonna get boring fast :)

I might just go with FC United, that was my idea to begin with (beeing a hardknock Man Utd fan since my boyhood), but seeing how many people are playing them already I dunno.

Cheers.

Although every one of the players I signed were unnatached freebies, and all were willing to sign a contract with me. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but if I have been breaking the rules I am not that happy to start again tbh. Enjoying this career :(

I give up on getting a club of lower than 1,000 reputation. I've done close to 30 reloads now and it's the same 10 or so clubs that come over and over. I got 2 that are below in 9.20, but in 9.10 (which I play) they are above.

So, I'll just go with the club that spiked my interest in this in the first place.

FC United

Although every one of the players I signed were unnatached freebies, and all were willing to sign a contract with me. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but if I have been breaking the rules I am not that happy to start again tbh. Enjoying this career :(

From the opening post

"To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them."

If you couldn't scout them then the trial is necessary...or they were recommended by your Assistant or a player.

The new chairman has finally taken over at my club. He informed me there will be no additional funding, and cut links with my Aussie feeder club, Perth Glory. Neither of which I am concerned about, just get on with building a new stadium!!!

it took me until 2023, but finally FC United have won something of note: the League Cup.

In a way, this reminded me of the hundreds of manyoo fans that will claim that the league cup is "unimportant" if they lose it. Which they won't, and then they will boast of winning it. Go figure...

talk about trying to lose the title. was 18 games unbeaten and with an unbeaten home record but now ive lost 3 on the trot 2 of those being home games and one of those teams that are getting releagted :confused:. even worse is that I haven't scored for 3 games either even though I have been one on one with their keeper loads. funny old game football.

Edit: I did have an 8 point lead over second but now its 3 as i have just made it 4 losses on the trot. WHAT GIVES!

Hednesford Town Season 7 2015/16 Blue Square Premier

League Position 1st

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/League-4.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Chart-6.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Season-5.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Overall-5.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/wbabaggie/Transfers-6.jpg

We only brought in 3 players and let 4 go as I decided to retained my back up keeper and try to manage a smaller squad to allow us some room to buy players later in the season if we get injuries. I spent my first bit of money on a player bringing in Easton. We are spending £5.9k per week on wages so have £1.1k extra to spend on wages and have around £85k left to use on transfers. I brought a few more in who can play in several positions to provide cover.

The first 10 went very well picking up 23 points and holding 1st. However we lost the last game 3-0 so hopefully compliancy isn’t setting in. Goals 20 conceded 8.

We were able to build on our good start by staying top and getting 22 points. We scored 18 conceding 7.

Games 20-30 things are getting harder for us but we still managed 21 points to keep on grinding the results out to keep on top. We scored 24 goals conceding 13.

We continued to do well picking up 20 points as we go 9 points clear with 6 games to go. We scored 17 goals conceding just 6 goals.

We managed to get 5 points from the last 6 games to secure the title. We Scored 12 and conceded 5 goals. It was a pleasing end as we managed to break the 100 point barrier getting 101 points scoring 91 goals conceding 39 and pretty much leading the table from the start.

Well a fine season for us as we join the football league. We even did very well in the cups been knocked out in the 3rd round to championship Reading in the FA cup. Beating Dag & Red on penalties to win the CLC. We also won the FA Trophy beating Torquay 1-0 thanks to a goal from captain Taylor.

A good season financially making a profit of £118k bring us a balance of just over £1m. Next season will be much tougher hopefully we will go fulltime and plan to let 6 players go with 4 signings already lined up to come in to help us survive what will be a big challenge. Never under estimate the effect of a strong leader who plays regularly in the side. Both times I have won the league I had this from Frampton & now Taylor.

congrats to you WBA, sadly I didn't fair as well as you.

golden_goal's Halesowen Town 2013/14 BSP Roundup

Crap.

Crap season, crap results, pile of stinky crap.

I'm not even bothering to post screenshots as it was so crap.

Finished 11th in the table w/ a Media prediction of 9th and a 5th place finish last season. More frustrating was our absolute inability to win when we had a chance to push up the table, and an infuriating number of lost 2 goal leads.

We also managed to screw up the one bright spot of the season, an FA Trophy Final Appearance, the first in the club's history. Despite going 2-0 up in the first half, my players capitulated and it was 2-2 after extra time. In the PK shootout we lost 5-3, as Hereford made no mistakes and AJ Leitch Smith blazed our fourth PK over the bar. Ironically, AJ was the only Halesowen player named in the BSP team of the year. Go Figure.

Bright spots were the signings of two top notch Swedish Strikers, both ex-prem players who I suppose had enough of being out of contract and signed in January. Tobais Mikaelsson, formerly a loan star for us in the BSN, and Marko Mitrovic of Chelsea fame, should lead the line for Halesowen next season.

Also coming next year, ex-Arsenal winger Jay Simpson and ex-ManU CM Daniel Drinkwater, both of whom have been out of contract for over a season.

These players should put us over the top talent wise, hopefully they can gel and win us a playoff position.

Also we're finally turning a profit, but $500,000 in the red means no money for transfers and another clear out of deadwood.

How big a deal is the parent club? I can get Manchester United, but I'm not sure I want to, it feels a bit wrong :p How good are the players they send on loan? Or do they send anyone at all as long as we're at this low level?

The yearly fee they'd pay would be nice though.

Scratch that, I just searched through this thread for "parent".

I've decided to not use one at all.

I'm having a hard time setting up my backroom staff and finding players so far though. I could only get one single scout, and my board wants me to have a maximum of 1 coach, and 1 physio. So I've kept the coaches we have.

On the bright side the FC United assistant is a tactical guru, so my players will be tactical geniouses with the strength of a rabbit and the pace of a turtle :p

The club had already done a transfer when I took over for a Mark Newsham for free from Rotherham. My assistant thinks he's one of the best at the club, I dunno if I agree. And I dont like that they have given him a £425 weekly wage.

Myself I have only signed one player, Simon Rusk from Leigh Genesis on a free. Hoping his bravery and determination might transfer to the rest of the squad :)

Cheers.

i got liverpool as a parent club (im Marine in BSN) and well, as much as their players coupld, potentially, get you promoted single handedly, players arnt really willing to come anyway. I only got one and tbh, hes not amazing. But like dafuge said, it does add more of a challenge without one. so long as complete the actual challenge itself im happy.

First season and im a place off the playoffs, not quite at christmas yet.

Is the JPT the most pointless of all trophies £4k for winning £98k paid out in bonuses, I think when the bonuses are set they should be scaled on cup reputation.

How much are the gate receipts for the final and other rounds? Could be more than £98k

Is the JPT the most pointless of all trophies £4k for winning £98k paid out in bonuses, I think when the bonuses are set they should be scaled on cup reputation.

Its been reported in the bugs forum and SI have acknowledged its a problem. Hopefully fixed in patch 3.

How big a deal is the parent club? I can get Manchester United, but I'm not sure I want to, it feels a bit wrong :p How good are the players they send on loan? Or do they send anyone at all as long as we're at this low level?

The yearly fee they'd pay would be nice though.

It varies a lot for me - some seasons I got a few good players on loan from Utd, others no-one at all was interested.

Having a parent team at the start is handy for money - they give you a fee each season and even if you cannot get anyone good on loan you can still use the loan players as free backup players (though the fans will moan about you signing a player for no cost at all if he plays badly or doesn't play).

My chairman has accepted a £31m + 50% next fee (not profit) bid from Arsenal for one of my wonderkids, striker Ryan Anderson, He is uninterested in signing a new contract, too...

January 2027, and we're in 5th place - also into the UEFA Cup Knockout Stage. Am hoping to snatch a Champions League spot.

Archived