Hey guys, 

Can anyone explain to me why when I started a new career as a lower league team I have a General Manager? 

I get that the General Manager may well be the Chairman but under 'Members' he is listed as an Assistant Manager... Even though I already have one... 

Effectively, I have a General Manager (who is listed as an Assistant Manager under 'Members'), a DoF,  an Assistant Manager, a Head of Youth Recruitment and a Chief Scout. 

Cheers! 

• Administrators

This is because FM Touch has a smaller database than FM's, and when the game is set up ensures all the staff spots for active clubs are filled with generated staff if there is not a real staff member currently assigned. 

In FM terms, this is the same as "Add Key Staff" being ticked when creating the save game. 

On 21/05/2019 at 05:57, Lucas said:

This is because FM Touch has a smaller database than FM's, and when the game is set up ensures all the staff spots for active clubs are filled with generated staff if there is not a real staff member currently assigned. 

In FM terms, this is the same as "Add Key Staff" being ticked when creating the save game. 

Thanks for the reply.

But how come they're called a 'General Manager'? I thought that was practically a DoF? And I had both...

Archived