When is the best time to sell players?

I just finished my first season and need to sell some players.

Is there a time frame that is better than others on when to offer them?

I vaguely remember someone saying that after the champions league final values increase dramatically? Is this true?

Also as an English side I’m given my budget for next year after the FA cup, do computer teams get there budgets then as well or if it’s later should I wait to offer my players when they have their money?

The best time for selling is when they make the offer themselves. :)

When you are offering  a player to other clubs you're settling for lower price but that's OK if you want to get rid of the player. They should get their budgets at the same time as you. I myself offer them when the transfer window opens mostly, though I offered them during a season also. The biggest difference that I noticed is that during a transfer window, you are likely to get more offers, but I might be wrong.

Most teams get their budget after confirming participation in champions/Europe or not some wait for FA cup or league to end

best window to sell is the summer one, as teams have thier full budget available, but as yolixeya said, is better to wait for offers as offering the players yourself will not net you profit unless the player is too good for his actual value

I see your situation is getting rid of dead wood, offering them at the start of the window is the best u can do but don't be surprised to get offers below the player's value, if u don't get offers lower how much u want until a team makes an offer after that u decide if negotiate for a lil more or accept as it is

If you’re trying to proactively move a player that you expect value for, offer them out as soon as window opens for interested teams. Do NOT transfer list and you shouldn’t take too much hit of value

Best rule in fm19 is sell as soon you see 'Wnt' near players name. They will offer less money than you ask but when you negotiate it to their value they will accept.

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2019 at 08:44, Filke said:

Best rule in fm19 is sell as soon you see 'Wnt' near players name. They will offer less money than you ask but when you negotiate it to their value they will accept.

If you put him on the Transfer list for a few weeks prior to the window opening you might garner some interest. Then take him off the list and offer to those clubs showing as interested. 

Hopefully you can manage to negotiate a good deal early in the window and free up the funds to strengthen with.

Its a hit or miss thing. I tried to move Belotti once as I had no room for him, offered him out for half value (was at 60) and got a bite for 30m plus I paid some wages. He ended up not accepting the contract and I had to move him out for free.

But, on the other end, my backup DM who is really good but I wanted to move out was WNT by Chelsea..so I waited. The first day came in and this 58m value player was offered 116m and I said GO GO GO GO. It's a crap shoot. The higher the wages the harder it is to sell (or even generate interest it seems) the player.

Best time for sell are:

1. The days after the last league match is played, usually in May. It is the day all clubs allocate new budget for the forthcoming season.

2. 1st July. Transfer window opens and clubs become more active.

3. Around 20th December - Clubs change their expectations for the second half of the season. Usually more funds are allocated.

4. 1st January. Transfer window opens and clubs become more active.

12 hours ago, steakfaced said:

The higher the wages the harder it is to sell (or even generate interest it seems) the player.

This x1000.  I took over a team that clearly had been managed by a total moron who signed a bunch of 32+ players to huge numbers.  You literally can't set a transfer price low enough.  Sure I get teams that offer for them, but none of these overpaid clowns ever accept any offers and just sit on my payroll not playing.  I'm finally about to wrap up a season where 3 of their ridiculous contracts will end.  Can't wait to see what salary they will get once I cut them into the FA market.  My guess is 1/5th of what they are robbing me of.

I found two little tricks that makes it easy to sell some players who are hard to sell. It doesn't work everytime and not with every player, but still it's worth trying. Let me explain.

First thing you need to do is to offer the player to clubs for 0 value and also include 100% wage contribution on your side until the reminder of his current contract. Don't forget to transfer list him and set his status to not needed.

This usually draws interest and you should receive some offers. Of course these offers are not worthy, as long as you're not desperate to get rid of the player and don't mind to pay his wages for years to come... Anyway, just reject all offers you received. Now offer the player again, but this time for unspecified value. You might get some offers that are worth to consider this time!

Another trick, that is not actually a trick, but something users might overlook as an option. Offer players on loan with mandatory future fee! Simple as that. I bought Timo Werner in my save with Everton for the enormous sum of 50m euro, but the lad couldn't settle and I was desperate to cash in on him the following season. The problem was, he was on high wages and nobody was interested. At the end I managed to move him to Bayern on loan with a mandatory future fee of 50m, so happy ending of the story! Since I've already unleashed the loan-to-buy force I use it quite often with moderate success. You should definitely try it!

That's my two cents about "How to cheat the game that cheats on you." Happy Summer!

Archived