JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congratulations rancer... (through gritted teeth!! :D) made it to La Liga first... good luck next season. i too have had little Sneijder, although i have just sold him again after 1 season at the club....

Trust me, I really want to rid of him now. Can't find enough playing time for him, considering I have 2 youths who I want to play.

I'll be overjoyed if someone helps me activate his minimum release clause. :D

that was my problem with him too. couldn't get into the team so i cashed in and got some money for him, to invest in more quality youth.

Well, the board agreed to improve facilities and install undersoil heating. :D

Although most of my squad is only 4 stars, so maybe might buy a bit (at least 5 star) in the transfer market...

Real Oviedo - Liga Adelante - Start of Season 2012-13

So, as previously mentioned, this summer was a busy time for me as I worked on shuffling the squad a bit with an eye on both immediate form, as well as planning for a bright future

Transfers

As you can see, there was plenty of activity with 16 arrivals to the club, not to mention a few signings in the late stages of last season. obviously this meant a number of departures also in order to balance the books. Notable departures include Juninho Pernambucano who retired, Rodney Sneijder who had proved a squad player at best, Marcos who had been extremely unsettled last season which led to his form nose-diving, Nunes who served us well last season but who was diminishing in quality, and Javi Martinez who had been our no.1 goalkeeper the season before last but who was being overtaken by the youth coming in.

So, what about the newcomers I hear you ask? Well here are some of the players who have come in to bolster the team with immediate effect:

Samuel - Quality young RB who has immediately become a first-team regular. his leadership qualitites have earned him the vice-captaincy as well as understudy to Rodriguez. I have high hopes for him in the future.

Situ - young French CB with big potential. is pushing hard for a permanent first-team place.

Polak - Czech CB brought in to bolster the squad. At 23, he’s not exactly old but compared to my other signings, he’s a veteran.

Ribeiro - Another ‘veteran’ at 23, brought in for a bargain fee from Benfica to bolster the squad. Have subsequently signed a VERY promising youngster which might mean his stay at the Carlos Tartiere might be a little brief… time will tell.

Garcia Ardura - young Spanish U-21 LM with MASSIVE potential. already has great technical stats and can only develop here. Will keep Jaime on his toes for a starting place.

Martinez - young striker signed on a free from Barcelona, I have high hopes for the lad. Will be a bench player predominantly, but may get game time depending on injuries.

Bernal - young Argentinian striker signed from River Plate who will also bolster the squad. has a spanish passport which also helps. Another striker with a big future.

And now those brought in to help define Real Oviedo’s future…

Denis - young Paraguayan GK bought for a nomial fee. Has good potential although not part of the squad as yet.

Casado - another young GK with big potential, signed on a free from Almeria.

Yuste - WB/L signed after his relase from Valencia. re-training to be a LB as didn’t do overly well in pre-season. one for the future definitely.

Munoz - very gifted DMC already but who will be left to mature for a season or two. Hopefully will be the future of Oviedo, along with the next fellow….

Raul - signed following his relase from Barcelona, a player I HAD to sign. Oozes quality already, I have decided to give him at least half a season in the youth team to settle in. Potentially a world-class player. Touted as the next Senna. will do for me!!

Andoni - what a midfield we might have in a few years… signed following his release by Real Madrid, Andoni ‘could be the next Xavi…’ Need I say any more??

Del Sol - signed for a nominal fee, another with bags of potential. looking to loan him out for some experience.

I also wanted to show you this guy, a product of our youth academy:

Villaneuva - gifted midfielder (yes, another one!!) who has been labelled the next Xabi Alonso. the second best player after Montiel to come from the academy.

So, as you can see the future seems pretty secure after adding the above (and more not mentioned) to our existing aquad. I have really high hopes for our future - the last Spanish Under-19 squad featured 9(!!) Oviedo players…. i have managed to keep Palacios, Jaime, Pinto and Sielva, and Antonio, who i hadn't realised quite how good he is, is also still with us despite being keen to leave. been turning down bids of almost a million for him so far.

I signed a new 4-year contract in the summer and the board have announced they are going to develop further the training facilities, although they’re already great for our league. good to see the board planning for the future too.

As for the league season, it’s started well so far as I push for the promotion spot I crave. We crashed in the cup at the first hurdle which disappointed me a lot, but hey ho. Chief goalscorer in the early stages - ‘KING’ JORGE RODRIGUEZ!! :D

rancer - up by 1 point! Great work making it to La Liga (about time someone joined me in a top flight! I'm looking at you here rlipscombe :rolleyes:). Matias Rodriguez looks like he'll do a good job for you, great stats for a striker. Look forward to your La Liga updates :thup:

Now onto rlipscombe......:

I actually disagree a little with your new signings :D! I reckon Martinez could be your best of the lot, all round good at everything! Garcia Ardura definitely has potential its just a shame about his pace, although if you utilise his crossing ability by making him cross from deep without having to go past opposition RBs he could be essential to you. Samuel looks a good choice for VC but maybe not Cpt as his determination is only 8. But hopefully that will improve over time.

Onto the future Oviedo players:

Denis is superb for only 19 years old! He's just like my 21 year old sub keeper Savas - almost identical stats. Casado is also similar. Yuste I would retrain to a LB as his dribbling is 10 and not really good enough to be a top top class WBL. Munoz would be more suited to a MC role than a DM role imo as his defensive stats aren't great. Raul on the other hand has everything you need to be a world class DM. If you can get him tutored by a mentally strong DM you could have a real star on your hands. In fact pairing him with Ribeiro might not be that bad an idea. Andoni is another with great potential. Del Sol could go either way. You must be very proud to see Villaneuva come through too.

All in all I'm impressed mate - hope you don't think I've been too critical!! You know I just like seeing how your game is going :D. Seriously if you have the patience to see these players develop you won't need to buy barely 1 player for the next few years! The OVIEDO YOUTH have been born!!

not at all iacovone... i appreciate your comments. i might even pair up Raul and Ribeiro on your recommendation... i am proud to see Villaneuva come throught. it's all good buying in the youth, but it is nice to get your own gems too. hopefully him and Montiel are the base of our future.

as for not making the top flight, i have been away taking the northern Monkeys up a league..... and i am only just starting season 4, so have a bit of time on rancer in that respect.... ;)

Oh and a quick Savona update as I've not done one yet this season.

After 9 games we're sitting 1st :eek:

I knew I'd strengthened the squad in the summer but didn't realise just how much! We're now so strong at the back and our forwards Rotunno and Zaninelli have picked up where they left off last season (where they bagged 50 goals between them in all comps!). So combined with the good form of the players has been a change in tactics - I now play my usual 442 at home but a 4231 away from home.

We've won 5 out of 5 away and 3 out of 4 (1 draw) at home. This included our first ever win over the mighty AC Milan 2-0. They're the reigning Scudetto champions as well so it certainly sets us in good stead for a title challenge.

I genuinely believe we could win the league this year. I'll keep you posted and if there are any screenshots you'd like to see just ask :D

good stuff iacovone!! keep it up... hopefully you can keep that up.

our early season form saw us 5 points clear with a 6-0-0 record... then we lost HALF the squad to internationals and we've just lost our first game 1-0.....

As for Montiel, he's developing a bit in the youth team at the moment.... if he keeps up his form i might promote him back into the first team squad at Christmas...

Real Oviedo Summer Transfers (2014)

Transfers

I was more aggressive than years past, because I want to stay in the top flight...

The New Players

Eugene Shakhov - my prized signing. I will need him to be at his best if I want to avoid relegation...

Jesus - originally sold to Spartak for $4 million, I wanted him back. I gave a loan fee of $1 million, and a future transfer fee of $4.4 million, and I will activate that clause. It's not a lot, as I get 50% of the transfer back. So only paying $2.2 million. I still get a $800k profit. ;)

Joao - young Brazilian. He's only 18, so he has a lot of room to grow.

Jose Reina - another former Oviedo player who came back to my team. Will provide very good depth at right back, something I was missing last year.

Raul Perez Rodriguez - young goalkeeper who's already starting for my team. Signed this May after being released from Zaragoza.

Why I got rid of players this transfer window:

Jorge - he's was number 9 in my goalkeeper depth chart...

Marc Munoz - was average in his games in Liga adelante, and definately cannot compete in La Liga

Miguel Angel Sanchez - loaned out for 1st team experience

Karoly Szabo - sold for profit, wasn't going to play a lot anyways

Giuseppe Masi - no future at my club, so loaned out

Hosni Abd Rabo - surplus of midfielders, and since he's a foreigner, I have no room for him

Andreas Savvidis - another midfielder, this one from Cyrus, wasn't getting much playing time anyways this season if he stayed

Rodney Sneijder - couldn't crack my starting lineup. Sold him at a $200k loss...

Loic Colin - was number 8 in my goalkeeper depth chart...

Radim Soukup - was the most expendable, and needed a bit of cash, so off he went back to the Czech Republic.

2015/16 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

GDRM.gif

Monsanto most impoved side in the country, fail to capitalize on success.

The start of the 2015/16 season saw the opposite of last year in the transfer window, with more players out of the door than in this year. Antonio Miguel looked the most promising of this new batch, possibly challenging Tiago Melo for his regular DM place.

A weak start but strong finish to the season saw Monsanto climb to previous unthinkable highs, finishing 4th in the Liga Vitalis. The clubs season was epitomised by the incredible 3-4 away win over Varzim, demostrating how the players time and again overcame the odds to steal points from their opponents.

Many fans would undoubtably point to the Quarter final of the League Cup as their highlight of the season, despite losing that game 2-0, and Miguel was certainly a bargain buy, having played every game and winning the fans player of the year award.

Things look promising for next season too, with more sensible signings to bolster the squad

Centreback Miguel, Left winger Helder, utility player Fernando Lima, and strikers Avelino Rica and Andre Dias will hopefully be good enough and injury free to replace those leaving.

My form in the third season in the Liga Vitalis has been awful so far, I think we are in a relegation battle this year and the players are not happy which is just making things worse !

Rancer890 - Good luck staying up, I can only dream of the kind of money you have to spend !

Iacovone and Rlipscombe - Looks you both have title winning squads you lucky chaps !

2016/17 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

GDRM.gif

Changing room split threatens club survival !

Well this will be a short update, I'm just glad to get that season over and done with ! We got off to a bad start, the media began attacking me and the sub strikers formed a clique demanding first team football. All in all a terrible season, but we survived just, finishing a lucky 13th. Top performer was new boy Miguel at centreback.

In the summer the dissenting voices have been dropped and I have high hopes for the new batch.

Our new goalkeeper Bruno is a class above the current GKs.

Forward Jose Figuiera may start on the bench but his composure and technique will hopefully earn him a starting place in time.

Vitor Ferreira should strengthen cover for the midfield.

The most exciting business in the transfer window is the signing of 3 players on loan from Benfica, attacking midfielder Octavio Fernandez, pacey striker Luis Vieira and the star of the show, Valter Conceicao who at 1.2M has a value equal to the combined total of the rest of the squad 3 times over !!

2014-2015 Real Oviedo S.A.D. (Season 6)

Media Prediction: 20th

Finishing Position: 14th

Spanish Cup: lost 2-4 on aggregate to Xerez (4th round)

A great first season back in La Liga! Although I wished we scored a bit more... :(

Squad

Squad

As you can see, our strikers couldn't score this year...but we did allow the 3rd fewest goals in the league. A very good sign if I can find someone who can score in La Liga.

Transfers

Transfers

Only 4 players in, all who played a key role in our survival.

Out of Oviedo were some key players from years past, like former captain Andrea Paolucci, who just couldn't play in the Spanish top flight, but still considers me favoured personnel. :)

Future Transfers

Will sign some players on frees in July, mostly attacking players, although I hope the one first-team defender I signed will make my defense one of the hardest to score on.

ST - Alex Gambini

AMRC - Ismael

ST - Jesus

DLRC - Jonathon Spector

DR/WBR - Luis

Key Players

My defensive back line were all key to my success. :)

DL - Javier - YP4

DL - Javier

DC - Alberto Rodriguez Nebreda

DC - Joao

DR - Jose Reina

DR - Alejandro Velayos

Finances

Finances

Very good year financially.

Awards

Club Information

Affiliations

Club Overview

Club Stadium/Facilities

Goals for the next year

• maintain this performance
  • score a bit more goals

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1      11th  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2010-2011    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1       2nd  Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011-2012    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                10th  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2012-2013    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 5th  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2013-2014    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 3rd  Promotion  
[/font][font=Courier New]2014-2015    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    14th    [/font]

Well done on staying up Rancer.

Hopefully you'll be able to improve on that next season.

I've also started to play the challenge. In Spain and I got Oviedo too.

Already half way through the first season but I didn't take a profile screenshot.

I'm really surprised by the attendances that Oviedo can get in 2nd Division B1. Almost double that of anybody else. The money is gratefully recieved though.

it really is becoming the Oviedo challenge.... i'm still the trailblazer though!! ;) although i'm not progressing at the rate of rancer...

they do get good crowds, due in part to them being in a big city. also had moderate success in fairly recent times which will have helped.

You guys reminded of something. I should head back to China. :(

I'm already 10 games in the new season. :p

at least you do play yours!! in the 2 years JoseRR has run this challenge, he's only had one brief dabble last season i believe.....

at least you do play yours!! in the 2 years JoseRR has run this challenge, he's only had one brief dabble last season i believe.....

I haven't played in China in a few weeks...although I am still playing my other MLS challenge...

It's a bit hard when you're playing above expectations and don't want to stop that winning streak. :p

so unlucky rancer.... must be heartbreaking. good to see you're getting recognition for your work too.

We also lost 2-1 at Camp Nou. :p

I don't think I'll be relegated this year. I hope to get strong midtable finish, although qualification into Europe would be great. I am only 7 points out of a strong 8th place, with 2 games in hand...

Life is unfair :( :(

Oh, and I got offered the Cameroon and Ivory Coast jobs. I rejected them though, first because I don't think I allowed anyways, and second, I want to manage a European team, or the US national team...or Canada.

Oh great now Belarus wants me! :p

Should've saved the game before you rejected and then you have another save to play when you want to play as a nation as well :)

Am close to giving up on this. Not been able to win a game, or even get my strikers to shoot at goal since the patch. Dunno if I can be bothered to go through all the pain of learning a new match engine all over again.

EDIT - I'm such a cry-baby. I went back and rebuilt my tactics from scratch and am now performing much better and even creating chances against teams that previously hammered me like Porto. Happy now, and slightly embarrassed

2015-2016 Real Oviedo S.A.D. (Season 7)

Media Prediction: 18th

Finishing Position: 8th

Spanish Cup: lost 1-2 on aggregate to Betis (4th Round)

Squad

Squad

Transfers

Transfers

Just a combination of freebies and splashed some cash on a striker...

Most players out were youth players stuck on my B team...

Future Transfers

Former number 1 goalkeeper Fabricio out to Cadiz.

Key Players

Junior

Markus Larsson

Matias Rodriguez

Wonderkid

Raul Perez Rodriguez - Profile

Raul Perez Rodriguez - Personal

Finances

Finances

Awards

• Javier - Spanish Young Player of the Year - 3rd place
  • Real Oviedo - Most Improved Team

Club Information

Affiliations

Overview

Stadium/Facilities - Stadium will be expanded by 5000 seats. :)

Goals for the next year

• hopefully get into Europe...

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1      [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2009-2010Standings.jpg"]11th[/url]  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2010-2011    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2011Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url]  Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011-2012    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2012Standings.jpg"]10th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2012-2013    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2013Standings.jpg"]5th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2013-2014    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2014Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url]  Promotion  
[/font][font=Courier New]2014-2015    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2015Standings.jpg"]14th[/url]
[/font][font=Courier New]2015-2016    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2016Standings.jpg"]8th[/url][/font]

congrats rancer - good progress. Rodriguez looks quality. is he homegrown?? good luck next season!

Sadly not. :D

Don't have my game up right now, but I think he's a Deportivo youth product...

Javier - YP4 is homegrown however, and Barcelona and Real Madrid want him. He does have a $100 million release clause, so he's not going anywhere.

Razer82 - Real Oviedo - Spanish Second Division B1

Media Prediction - 14th

Final Position - 6th

Transfer

Team Stats

A tough first season as an entire team needed to be brought in but the team gelled quickly and we were able to make a go at getting into a playoff spot.

Inconsistent form for the final 8 games saw us drop from 2nd to 6th, losing to two of the relegated sides in the process. Wins in both our final games would have secured us a playoff place, but a draw and a win was what we ended up with.

Star player for the year was Chando, our top scorer with 18. He was always on hand to add goals when they were needed.

A couple of the signings that were made this year are Under-19 internationals for Spain. Lazaro and Rodriguez can hopefully be a big part of my team for years to come.

Financially, this season was amazing, under the wage budget and huge gate receipts mean that I could get quite a transfer budget for next season.

I've got 1 aim for next season - Promotion.

Archived