JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strangely, that name rings a bell. A Chinese bell. :D

You have a parent club yet?

nope, not yet. have asked for one though. For the money more than anything because I've been reading I'll probably lose money pretty quickly?

should i be targetting more players like this.:D.

Edit: Just got Almeria as my parent club :thup:

nope, not yet. have asked for one though. For the money more than anything because I've been reading I'll probably lose money pretty quickly?

You might, although I made over US$1 million the first season, so I guess it doesn't apply to Real Oviedo users (although as you probably know I don't like spending unless I have to...)

That's a nice player for Second Division B. Good luck getting a group of decent players for pre-season. :)

Federico Magallanes!! Legend on PES3 I think :D

You will struggle with finances early on. I didn't however because a Kuwaiti Oil Tycoon called Amir Cohen came in and basically bankrolled us. I'd guesstimate that over the years he's pumped close to £100m into the club. And yet we still play at a 6600 seater stadium :(

Federico Magallanes!! Legend on PES3 I think :D

You will struggle with finances early on. I didn't however because a Kuwaiti Oil Tycoon called Amir Cohen came in and basically bankrolled us. I'd guesstimate that over the years he's pumped close to £100m into the club. And yet we still play at a 6600 seater stadium :(

Lucky. I just had a measly director take over. :p

Although my chairman is pretty nice, accepting my requests for better facilities, and even upgrading the stadium without me asking. :D

welcome to Spain TaylorB - nice to see another team being played :D Magallanes looks a decent player for that level. if you can get a decent squad together you SHOULD do pretty well....

iacovone - your midfielder is indeed awesome - great loyalty too.

down to my last 5 games in the league now, and just about to go on again now. may well be some news soon... ;)

I started this challenge in Germany in December but never came around to post here until now. I am currently into my 12th season but I will not neglect filling you in on my story so far(if there is any interest in it heh).

Some might remember me posting in the 08 topic... then again I did not post much, but I already attempted this challenge back then. I did find it extremly difficult in the regional division back then and gave up in only my second season. This time I wanted to stick by the save a bit longer. This year the regional division in Germany are not in the game, which in my opinion makes things considerably easier compared to 08. I also ticked the load all players from Germany option which I forgot last time around which also helped.

First thing I noticed was that the playable clubs list was completely wrong so I reloaded a few times to see what kind of clubs came up. I preferably wanted a club from Bavaria or if that was not possible at least from South Germany.

Even after a few reloads I could not find a club from Bavaria so I decided to settle on Reutlingen:

Previous League Positions

Club Information

Squad

Starting Profile

I thought the squad look fairly decent already and with a few additions should be able to survive this first season comfortably. Especially considering there where 2 reserve teams of bigger clubs still in the league, which tend to do terrible in the game.

That's it for now. More to come later.

Razer82 - Real Oviedo - Spanish Second Division B1 - 2010/2011

Media Prediction: 9th

Final Position: 1st

Spanish Cup: Lost in 2nd Round to Ferrol

Federation Cup: Lost in 2nd Round to Gimnastica

Team Stats

Transfer Summary

There is only one way to describe this season. Amazing! The team gelled quickly and we never looked back as we went undefeated in our first 31 league games to sit proudly atop the league. A defeat against Ferrol made things a bit closer in the league, but with the advantage of playing 6 of bottom 7 in our last 10 games we were able to control our own fate. A mistake by Ferrol in the penultimate match meant we were able to secure the title with a 3-0 win over Deportivo B.

Winning the league was not enough to secure our promotion, there was still the matter of the playoffs. We were drawn against Ponferradina in the semi final, a tough away game ended 0-0, the lack of away goals meaning we'd need to win the second leg outright to get promoted. That was exactly what we managed to do, holding onto a narrow 2-1 lead.

This is itself was enough to secure promotion, but we would still face Malaga in a two legged tie to decide the Second Division B Champions. A late goal in the first leg saw Malaga take a slender 2-1 lead, but I was grateful of the away goal. It was this goal that would eventually win us the tie as we battled hard to a 1-0 win in the home game.

Promotion secured as Champions of the Second Division B.

Chando carried on the great form that lead him to be our top scorer last year and if it hadn't been for Alvaro, he might have done it again this year. This year's midfield was greatly added to be the signings of Luis and Garmendia. Both of who were signed from Liga BBVA sides and made an instant impact for us. Great performances also came from Isaac and Juvenal, another pair of players that kept us in some matches.

So we are now one step closer to LIGA BBVA, I think that a couple of seasons may be needed for us to be ready to make the step up. A media prediciton of 22nd for next season doesn't fill me with hope, but we've been able to far exceed our predictions every season so far.

Great job on promotion Razer! :D

Nice to see a few more Oviedo users winning leagues, although if you look at my Real Oviedo career, I haven't won a league yet! Had to get out of the Second Division the hard way, and finished 3rd in Liga adelante...

Oh, and Luis and Garmendia go to the same link...

Cheers buddy, fixed now.

I was quite glad to end up top of the league in the end as we were then only 2 games from promotion. I never had any thoughts about winning the overall championship, it was all about the promotion.

The hard work begins now.

Reutlingen season 2009/10

Reutlingen gave me a Transfer budget of 10k and a wage budget of 34k to work with after I said I would stay clear of relegation. This was fairly generous considering the finances I thought. As I mentioned before I was fairly pleased with my squad to begin with[compared to my 08 try] but seeing some of the free talent changed my mind and I decided to go out and add some more players to my squad.

After some Transfers my squad looked like this. My assistant manager at that time was Oliver Kahn btw who had 11JPA/9JPP.

The season started and I decided my players would be best suited to a 4231 variant dropping the AML to ML because my best left winger could not play AML. We played quick and offensive.

During the first half of the season the team was still gelling with tactics and the results we got were very mixed winning one week and losing the other. Still those results saw us comfortably occupying a midtable position.

As we reached the winterbreak which was ~6 weeks I scheduled quite a few friendlies to keep the team fit. Although only one siging was made during this transfer window the one that was made was a very important one, a pacy right winger who went on to hold down a starting spot for the remainder of the season. More important than his signing though was that I was able to register players again, because I had stupidly forgotten to register one left winger during the summer.

Thanks to the long break and the friendlies, the team was in top form when the league recommenced and we managed to actually catch up to the top of the table by Mid-March.

Our run saw us pick up good results even against the top teams as we continued our climb up the table. In the end we secured direct promotion on the last matchday. The final table looked like this

Now a review on this season's key players:

Jean-Christophe Negroni was a French regen Centreback we picked up for free at the start of the season from Grenoble. He immediately became a key figure in our defense and always produced good displays this season.

Inigo Rodriguezwas the only player that we actually spent money on. He proved to be well worth the 1k, with excellent performances at AMC especially in the second half of the season.

Manuel Schäffler, picked up from second division outfit 1860, played up front on his own and was Top Goalscorer in the Third Division this season.

Marc Gallego had some minor injury problems this season, but was an great rightback nevertheless. If only he was more pacey.

Patrick Platins came from First Division outfit Wolfsburg. He was a major factor in us conceding the 5th least goals in the league.

And last, but not least Johannes van den Bergh. The man I forgot in the Summer. He was so amazing in the few appearances he made, we would probably have won the league, if not for my stupid oversight.

congrats Razer - sure you'll make it a hat-trick of Oviedo players in La Liga soon... As for you rancer, you may have got there first, but at least i've won titles..... ;D :D

great first season there also if_my_dream. looking forward to seeing you rise higher up the leagues.

Nearly 3/4 through the 2016-2017 season, and Real Oviedo are still stuck in mid-table. :(

And we just crashed (got destroyed) out of the Copa del Rey in the semis to Barca. :(

And to annoy even further, Villarreal and I were in a few transfer battles in January. They won of course...

In terms of good news, I signed a Wonderkid Forward on a free from Torino. :D

i just started a new game in spain with CF palencia. (yes there are other clubs than real oviedo you know :D) 3 days later the two best players are out for 6-7 months with the same hip injury. how unlucky can you get

Real Oviedo - Liga Adelante - Season 2012/13

Leage Prediction: 12th

Final Position: 1st Graph

So, we have secured promotion to Liga BBVA in our 3rd season in the league. As the league graph shows, it was never really in doubt and we always had a comfortable lead over the chasing pack. I’d hoped for promotion but never expected to do it so well. We ended the season 19 games unbeaten too which was pleasing. Apologies for not posting more on my season previously, but I didn’t want to jinx it.!! :)

Squad 1

Squad 2

Transfers

A great performance by the squad, with few disappointments to speak of. My stand-out players were:

Joaquin - Mature display by the young Spaniard, he was the foundation on which our success was built. Hopefully he’ll cope with the step up.

Antonio - solid performance from the Spanish U-21. He’s probably my best player on paper, but he’ll probably be sold this summer as he won’t renew his contract with a year to run. Shame.

Palacios - Another great season by our young Colombian. Still heavily courted, and on the transfer list at his own request, hopefully he might be persuaded to stay. Otherwise I might try to cash in.

Aizpurua - Finally made it to the first team this season, and excelled in central midfield. Mature display from the youngster, the step up may be a bit too much for him now. we shall see.

Jaime - Another fine season from the winger. his stats don’t do his contribution to the team justice.

Coufal - Finally given his chance in the first team in his 3rd season at the club, Ivan did well. A Czech U-21 regular too.

Gorro” - Another stunning season from the Prince of Oviedo. Top goalscorer once more, his partnership with the King ensured our promotion.

“King” Rodriguez. - the King returns!! After a disappointing season when I admit I doubted his future as a regular, Jorge answered his critics in fine style. Time will tell if he can make it in the top flight…

Finances

Another profitable season for the club, I hope the board will let me invest in the squad this season. Although I love my squad, I might have to make a few tough decisions this summer.

Aims for Next Season:

Ø SURVIVE!!

Realistically, I can’t really have any aims other than that. I can’t wait to play against the big guns, although I’m under no illusions this is going to be a really tough season…

First things first, my Manager Profile

Casale: Season in Review 2009/10

Table

After a long season, Casale was promoted. After leading the competitioon for the first 19 games, we slumped in Jan/Feb and had to settle for 2nd with a spot in the playoffs, which we just got through. We got past the Serie C Cup Groups, but lost in the 1st round. Our squad was mainly made up of Atalanta players, but we have transfers coming in for the summer window.

Transfers

As you can see, I released alot of players as soon as i arrived, but brought in alot of players as well.

Finances

We made a profit because we consistently got 3000+ to our matches, more then anyone else in the league.

Next Season

Bring in more players to complete our squad, and push for a mid table spot in the league

Nice promotions Razer and If My Dream! I could be the next to get promotion, but i still have half the season to go, but still on top!

iacovone - Is the Serie C/1 a big step up from the Serie C/2?

d-machine - I didn't find it that much of a step up. We spent just 2 seasons in C/1 and went up through the playoffs (albeit slightly unexpectedly!). Serie B to A is far tougher imo.

Well done rlipscombe on promotion, welcome to the big time ;)

1 question - what happened to the Oviedo Youth?! I just looked at your last report and I see no mention of all those gems!! How did they get on? Martinez, Garcia Ardura, Denis, Casado, Yuste, Andoni, Del Sol, Villanueva, etc? Don't leave me hanging :D!!

Erm, hard to say. He's very good but in terms of the strikers there are a couple of older heads in the national team that are slightly ahead of him. His Savona strike partner - Gianluigi Zaninelli is up there too. Tommaso Cilona (the guy earlier in the thread) has 2 caps to his name as well.

I've just found an incredible 19 year old New Zealand striker!! He's got to be verging on wonderkid, and I can get him in for next season for just £4.5m

EDIT: He has 15 caps/19 goals for NZ :D

Its easy to score for NZ we play against teams like American Samoa. But GO NZ!!

May I request a screenie of this New Zealand wonderkid. :D

I keep checking the Canadian national team for some decent regens, but none of them are good. :(

Although I am trying to start a mini-American invasion, although Anderlecht keeps rejecting my offer. :(

£5.5m's a steal:eek: he looks fab, sure you'll get just a few hundred goals out of him in his career. Is he ambitious/loyal etc..?

Good question. This is what the scout who found him says:

He has no real weaknesses on the technical side. He is fairly consistent and really good in the air. He is a complete role model for younger players (:thup:). He isn't far from the standard of Rotunno. He is better than our strongest young striker Mikhail Anokhin and would be a leading star in most Serie A sides! He has the potential to be as good as Rotunno. All in all I'm delighted!! That scout's gonna get a payrise!!

Good question. This is what the scout who found him says:

He has no real weaknesses on the technical side. He is fairly consistent and really good in the air. He is a complete role model for younger players (:thup:). He isn't far from the standard of Rotunno. He is better than our strongest young striker Mikhail Anokhin and would be a leading star in most Serie A sides! He has the potential to be as good as Rotunno. All in all I'm delighted!! That scout's gonna get a payrise!!

He should do !:D looks like a once in a generation player tbf. Good role model for younger players is fab aswell as he can probably be at the club for life and help younger players. All in all if i was Olympiakos i'd feel utterly robbed.

Well done rlipscombe on promotion, welcome to the big time ;)

1 question - what happened to the Oviedo Youth?! I just looked at your last report and I see no mention of all those gems!! How did they get on? Martinez, Garcia Ardura, Denis, Casado, Yuste, Andoni, Del Sol, Villanueva, etc? Don't leave me hanging :D!!

cheers iacovone... athough it's taken a long time, it's actually only 4 FM seasons so delighted with that.... As for the Oviedo youth, it was ripping up the U-19 league.... my original plan was to let them settle in until christmas and then introduce then into the squad. Once i was top i decided to stick largely with what i had. Martinez got some appearances early doors but didn't do a lot, same with Garcia Ardura. They still have bright futures though, and a couple more may feature this season. Raul impressed when given chances late in the season so i may have to go brave.

Archived