JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

What were your facilities when you him :eek:

I think either Good or Excellent. :p:D

Also have the next Guti from my youth team, although he's on loan as I can't get him enough playing time at Real Oviedo.

EDIT: The game after he gets the award, he scores his first ever goal for the club!!! :D

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2016-2017 Real Oviedo S.A.D. (Season 8)

Media Prediction: 11th

Finishing Position: 13th

Spanish Cup: Lost in Semis to Barcelona

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Quite big compared to years past, but I was going for Europe...

Transfers

Transfers

Sold everyone who had no future at my club.

Future Transfers

One new signing, wonderkid Riccardo Villa. :D

Key Players

MC - Arnau

DL - Javier - YP4

ST - Matias Rodriguez

Wonderkid

GK - Raul Perez Rodriguez

Finances

Finances :D

Awards

Club Information

Affiliations

Club Overview

Club Stadium/Facilities

Goals for the next year

• hopefully get into Europe through Fair Play Competition...
  • Top half finish next year
  • Less draws...

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1      [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2009-2010Standings.jpg"]11th[/url]  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2010-2011    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2011Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url]  Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011-2012    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2012Standings.jpg"]10th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2012-2013    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2013Standings.jpg"]5th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2013-2014    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2014Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url]  Promotion  
[/font][font=Courier New]2014-2015    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2015Standings.jpg"]14th[/url]
[/font][font=Courier New]2015-2016    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2016Standings.jpg"]8th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2016-2017    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2017Standings.jpg"]13th[/url][/font]

2010-2011 Gimnastica Torrelavega

Media Prediction: 19th

Finishing Position: 6th

Easy this surviving lark;), Really happy because i wasn't too happy with my squad but they over performed and proved me wrong. Did much better than expected and hope to carry on next season and push for promotion:)

League | League Graph

Squad | Squad Ratings

Transfers

Key Men:

Sergio Torres

Miki

Javi

Finances

Top Goalscorer/Top Perfomer/Most Assists

Seasonal Best Eleven

Other:

Signing Of The Season - Sergio Torres.

Overachievers - Gimnastica

Fans Player Of The Year - Javi

Next Season:

Find some promising players.

Promotion would be nice.

Sorry for the rubbish season review just shattered now :p

Ha I didn't even know that was possible rancer!

Savona expectations :

To WIN Serie A

To WIN Coppa Italia

To reach Quarter Finals of the CL.

:eek:

I'm gonna go on the record here and say that not only will you win the Serie A and the Coppa Italia, but you are going to make the final of the CL too, and possably win it ;) good luck on what should be a very exciting season.

I'm gonna go on the record here and say that not only will you win the Serie A and the Coppa Italia, but you are going to make the final of the CL too, and possably win it ;) good luck on what should be a very exciting season.

Haha well it will certainly be exciting, but that is one hell of a prediction! I hope you're right though......:D

decided that i might gamble this season with my squad and back my talented youth to keep us in La Liga.... On paper they are as good as what i have, so i kind of feel like "well it's going to be tough to stay up so why not gamble??"

a bit of time left to decide but that's my current mentality.....

Great attitude rlipscombe, although I would spend a bit to improve the back line. I guess you can check my other season reviews to see what I did. :p

IMO, keep most of the squad, but find some improvements at the back if you can, and go on from there...I couldn't score at all the 1st season in La Liga, but was in the top 5 in goals conceded. :D

Great attitude rlipscombe, although I would spend a bit to improve the back line. I guess you can check my other season reviews to see what I did. :p

IMO, keep most of the squad, but find some improvements at the back if you can, and go on from there...I couldn't score at all the 1st season in La Liga, but was in the top 5 in goals conceded. :D

Good advice that is....much better than mine :(

I agree completely with Rancer, the hardest thing in the step from Liga Vitalis to Liga Sagres was keeping the other teams out of my goal. make just a few small changes to the Centre Defenders, maybe a DM if not using one and an improvement in goalie can always help.

But only 3-5 changes in the entire 16 man squad otherwise it falls apart haha.

i have made some signings so far but not as many as i normally do. I have brought in 2 new LB's as i sold Antonio for financial reasons and Kolodziak as he was unhappy. i have also brought in 2 new RB's, one of which is the return of Marcos. A new CB has been added to the squad also. i'm looking to improve in wide positions although that's not essential i don't think.

I realise the need for a strong defence but that has been one of our strengths in previous seasons. Palacios and Situ (providing i can keep him) are both class CB's and we've improved at full-back. Joaquin is developing nicely in goal and i want to give him a chance. we have had a friendly against Sevilla which was a 1-1 draw which has given me confidence. we were the better team in the game too.

As for the youth, iacovone will be pleased to know that Munoz, Martinez, Garcia Ardura and Montiel are all in line for plenty of game time this season having performed well in pre-season. i'm looking at loan moves for our other youth players to get game time. When scouting for new players i'm only looking for players 25 or under.

almost reached the season now so should hopefully make a start tonight.

That makes me very happy rlipscombe :thup:

If you do loan some youth out try to make the deal allow you to recall them. I've found the best thing to do is give them a few months game time, then 6 months training with you. This seems to help their development more than a whole season away from the club. Plus there is no way (as far as I can see) to tell if the player finds his loan move beneficial or not.

You would not believe the amount of money being spent by my Serie A rivals this summer!

AC Milan bought Bari's excellent striker Tommaso Di Donato for £31.5m.

Inter have bought Lazio CM Giustino Argento for £22m and Man City's CM Gianluca Coco (ex-Savona) for £20m. They are about to sign Bari's superb winger Alessandro Ferrari for something in the region of £30m too :eek:!!

Roma bought relegated Fiorentina CM Edgar Botti for £20m.

Despite having a wealthy chairman we really are being financially muscled this season :rolleyes:

It could be argued I'm spamming the thread but thought the regulars might find this at least vaguely interesting. Here is the list of everyone to have posted in this thread:

iacovone                          371
rlipscombe                        368
Lower Leagues Rule            364   
max1994                          265      
rancer890                         120      
Benjaminoo                        67      
JoseRR                              35           
Chelsea4Lyf                       30    
TaylorB                             28  
TanO                                25   
aaberdeenn                       22   
Flashman\'s School Days      20
LordMeister                       18          
Nailer123                          18                   
Razer82                            12       
d-machine                           9   
RvnRooRon84                       7  
Twellman24                         7     
Gareth Keenan                     6   
yababo                               5          
megafan2005                       5         
PluckaDuck                          5           
hyndlegs                             3                
dave safc                            2
LiRiM-InSaNe                       2                          
lf_my_dream                        2                          
Azeryk-                               2               
CaptainStarbuster                 2      
Jonfun1980                          1      
follow the blind                     1
Gilbster                               1      
Romanista1994                     1

EDIT: Don't know what happened with the code :mad:

well done Taylor B - good luck next season.

iacovone - good advice on loanee front. have already done that with Andoni so might do same with others going out. thought you might like the fact i was backing youth. looks like i also need to get moving on my posts in the thread too... can't have you being top!! ;)

well, i've just made my first major outlay on a player... Decided to splash the cash (£5.5 million) on a 24 year-old Ukranian striker!! i'll do a screenshot in my pre-season review tomorrow hopefully, but i decided to take a gamble on him. Am on the eve of my first season in La Liga, but it's bed time now... i'd love to carry on but i don't think the missus would be too chuffed!!

Some Savona related news (all this bragging gets boring after a while!)

We are seeded 3rd in Champions League Group Stage draw which I think is a little harsh given that we won the league last year!

Anyway we are in a group with:

Arsenal (holders)

Rangers

Panathinaikos

Not a bad draw other than Arsenal. But if we're gonna win this we need to beat the best!! Really looking forward to this Champions League adventure :D

Messina have announced unproven sunday league footballer Max as their new gaffer. In the press conference earlier on he said that it was a dream come true and that Messina's 40,200 all seater stadium is a much more fitting venue for champions league football than Savona's 6600 Valerio Bacigalupo:p:D

The club have also announced their first signing defensive midfielder Mouhammed Abdoulaye Tine after the club battle off serie b outfits Bologna and Bari.

EDIT Post 266 :p

Max is back \o/

Don't like the stadium cheap shot though :thdn:

Weren't Messina too low down in the Italian leagues to be playable in this challenge?!

i was trying to slip back in quietly :D

Someon made a mistake and put them in the wrong league but it was fixed for 9.02

Messina announce new signings

Mouhammed tine 45k Pescara

Lorenzo Del Pinto 45K Pescara

Andrea Manucci Free

Daniele Fortuanto Free

Fabio Di Venanzio Free Paganese

Gianluca Segarelli Free

Mireku Amankwah 24k Como

screenshots to follow

i was trying to slip back in quietly :D

Someon made a mistake and put them in the wrong league but it was fixed for 9.02

Oh right, well that's good news. With a stadium of that size that makes them the Oviedo of Italy then :). Good luck with it.

Champions League Group Game 1:

vs Rangers (h)

The first ever Champions League game for Savona was against Scottish champions Rangers at the Valerio Bacigalupo. Rangers brought with them a familiar face in Marco Erba - former Savona Captain! It was good to see him again despite us falling out over his exit 3 years ago.

The game itself saw me field a very strong Savona side filled mainly of the men that had just defeated Siena 5-1 three days ago. Notable absence was Riccardo Rotunno who is still serving a 3 match European ban for getting sent off in the Uefa Cup 2 years ago against Atletico Madrid.

The opening 20 minutes were all us and we could have found ourselves more than just the 1 goal up that we were when Gianluigi Zaninelli nodded the ball into the net on 16mins. Rangers woke up after this and almost equalised on 20 mins from a header of their own. Liguori with a good save. After we withstood this pressure, we began to exert some pressure on Rangers right up to half time. Zaninelli showed good vision to slide young Davide Maggio in on goal and from a tight angle he smashed the ball into the Rangers net. Half time - 2-0.

The second half began well as we kept up the pressure on Rangers. On the 70th minute though, we found ourselves down to 10 men after Maurizio Secco picked up a 2nd yellow card for a silly foul on the halfway line. It meant we switched to 4-4-1 for the remainder of the game. Surprisingly we maintained our dominance and a delightful chip to the backpost by Davide Maggio to Hannu Jalonen our young Finnish striker led to him quite nicely volleying back across the keeper and into the corner of the net. 3-0 the final score. Frst 3 points :D

MOM - Davide Maggio

Arsenal 5-0 PAOK

Champions League Group Game 2

PAOK (a)

So with Rotunno and now Secco suspended some changes were forced upon me. I had to bring in Perelli at CB and actually decided to play a tighter 4-2-3-1 formation with just Ricki Kumar up front on his own. Ali Gul took the AMC role as Gianluigi Zaninelli was still recovering from a knee injury. We had just lost 2-1 away at Roma so it was certainly important to play well away from home in Europe.

We began well and pinned the Greeks back in their own half. This pressure told after a while and Ali Gul reacted quickest to a loose ball on the edge of the box to smash home the opener on 8 minutes. The rest of the half was comfortable for us and we took a welcome cushion of a 2-0 lead into the break after that man again Davide Maggio swivelled well on a Cilona pass to rifle one in the top corner with his left foot.

Needless to say I was pleased at half time. This perhaps relaxed the players a little too much though as PAOK came out well and pulled a goal back early in the half. Despite this blow we kept possession well and closed the game out more or less. PAOK had one headed chance but overall nothing to cause us too much danger. Final score 2-1 to Savona.

MOM - Davide Maggio

Rangers 0-1 Arsenal

sky-sports-news.jpg

Messina announce new signing Antonio Mottola

The former Pescara Player will link up with his former teammates Mouhammed A Tine and Lorenzo Del Pinto as he joins the newly promoted sicily side.

The club are reported to be interested in signing Bulgarian striker Tsvetomir Todorov from ascolli however the club have had a 40k bid which includes up to 200k of clauses rejected.

More to follow

Archived