JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casale 2010/11: Season 2

Table

Form

Finances

Transfers

Well we ended the season very poorly, only getting 6 points in our last 8 games :( Before that we had gone 16 unbeaten! h well theres always next season. Our finances are getting slightly better, and i can sense a possible board takeover in a season or 2. My chairman seems to be losing interest in the club, as now he is "Happy to stay at the club" compared with "Loves the club" when i first came :D

In the Serie C Cup, we were out in the first match we played. We did a bit better in the Italian Cup, going out in the 2nd Qual. Round, our second match.

Next Season

Promotion!!!!

Get past the First Round of the Serie C Cup

2017-2018 Real Oviedo S.A.D. (Season 9)

Media Prediction: 15th

Finishing Position: 3rd :D

Spanish Cup: Lost to Real Madrid in 5th Round (1-0 on aggregate)

Unbelievable season!!! Was right up there with Barca and Real Madrid near the top, and we never looked back!

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

We still had trouble scoring this year, but most of our scoring was balanced between a bunch of players.

Transfers

Transfers

IN came a wonderkid to was a bit average, another Turk, and went to South America again to purchase another Brazilian centre back.

OUT went a French striker on a free, a Ukrainian to Betis who was always whining about moving on a bigger club, backup goalkeepers Rafael and Aramendia, Brazilian centre back Joao, and loaned out to next Pirlo.

Future Transfers

A Swiss AMC/MC that better than Jesus and a young Japanese DM/MC from my feeder club...

Key Players

DL - Javier - YP4

DC - Alberto Rodriguez Nebreda

MC - Arnau

MC - Jesus

MC - Junior

ST - Matias Rodriguez

Finances

Finances

Awards

Club Information

Affiliations

Club Overview

Club Facilities/Stadium

Game of the Season

Real Oviedo vs Real Madrid

Goals for the next year

• win the league (at least break up the Real Madrid-Barca domination of the top 2 spots)
  • get to the Champions League 1st Knockout Round

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1      [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2009-2010Standings.jpg"]11th[/url]  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2010-2011    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2011Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url]  Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011-2012    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2012Standings.jpg"]10th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2012-2013    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2013Standings.jpg"]5th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2013-2014    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2014Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url]  Promotion  
[/font][font=Courier New]2014-2015    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2015Standings.jpg"]14th[/url]
[/font][font=Courier New]2015-2016    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2016Standings.jpg"]8th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2016-2017    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2017Standings.jpg"]13th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2017-2018    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                   [/font]  [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2018Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url][/font]

Has anyone ever been a lower spanish side and managed to topple barcelona and real madrd

The Italian big boys have been knocked over by Iacovone, In Portugal I think I came 4th last time around, and I am close enough that once I get my computer back from repair it will be done there, and Rancer is just behind the big boys in Spain.

So all the big boys in Europe are able to be overcome, its just a lot harder.

doesn't matter how you win them as long as they're won..

In the 2016-2017 season, we lost a few games 1-0, and it cost us a European spot. This year I was on the positive end of these 1-0 results. :D

My team always seems to have scoring troubles...Matias Rodriguez is the best I got...

EDIT: Oh dear! Patrick Nakano! Has my eyes! Definitely not the hair though. :D

In the 2016-2017 season, we lost a few games 1-0, and it cost us a European spot. This year I was on the positive end of these 1-0 results. :D

My team always seems to have scoring troubles...Matias Rodriguez is the best I got...

EDIT: Oh dear! Patrick Nakano! Has my eyes! Definitely not the hair though. :D

is he your son?:D

2021/22 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

GDRM.gif

Clearing the debt

After 3 years in the top flight with little progress made I decided it was time to do what I can to clear the clubs debt for the first time in our history. Just 4 transfers of our best players is enough to make the accountant smile.

Free of financial pressures, we brought in a lot of new faces. The highlights being

Ivan Dominguez - Centre Forward who apparently didn't do enough for Barca to offer him a new contract.

Marcelo Daniele - Striker who should be a good prospect for the future

Joao Torres - Quality utility player who has plenty of experience

Mario - Athletic Centre Back to hopefully replace Carlos Serra

Semedo - Goalkeeper tipped as a star for the future

I didn't really see much improvement over last season in results up to January (quite possibly still my tactics) so we did more excellent business in the transfer window. The highlight of my career was capturing the signature of Silva, who looks like he's being wasted playing as a right midfielder. I may try retraining him to play up front.

Good results in the second half of the season saw us climb the table, and Silva scored 3 in his first 3 starts :) Helping us to finish 9th, our highest ever league position. With cash in the bank I've got the board to improve the youth and training facilities, but we can't get planning permission to expand our 1000 seater stadium ! I am hoping if we qualify for Europe the board will be too embarrased to continue at this ground and move to a new one.

Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division C1              11th  
2010-2011    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division C1               7th  
2011-2012    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1              10th
2012-2013    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1               4th
2013-2014    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1               1st  Promotion
2014-2015    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  7th
2015-2016    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  4th  Portguese Cup Qtr Finalist
2016-2017    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                 13th
2017-2018    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  2nd  Promotion
2018-2019    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  14th
2019-2020    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  13th
2020-2021    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  11th
2021-2022    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   9th  Cleared club debt

So I haven't got my own computer back, but if any remembers in the 08 thread I had a laptop blow up, well I have managed to get that fixed, so I may yet have 09 up and running on that, if not I will start a game on FM08 and keep you all updated on that one til i get my other comp back :)

Well I was going to jump on my old Domegliara game and start from there, but I think that a fresh start is always best. So I am going to start a new game as soon as possible and have it on holiday overnight tonight, so I will have a new game running for some fun until such time as my computer is fixed and I can run FM09.

Des Tiny's FM08 Imortal Lives

The Beginning of an Eternal Ending

The date is June 23rd 2008 and Des Tiny has just been announced as the latest manager of Imortal Desportiva in the Portuguese Second Division. Charged by the board to take the club to a mid-table finish, his first task is to build on the squad. As always the interest in these managers is always increased when you see what is really behind the man.

|  Season  |    Division    | Position | Achievements |
|----------|----------------|----------|--------------|
| 2008/09  |   Second Div   |   ***    |--------------|
|----------|----------------|----------|--------------|

Messina 09-10 End of Season update

League: 1st

Serie C Cup: Runners up lost 3-2 to Venezia

Serie C2 Super Cup: Winners

Key players

GK Matteo Andreoletti: He may have conceded a few but he made some exceptional saves if it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have done so well

DL Amankwah Mireku: Mr consistent he played really well and got forward a lot to score his trademark pile driver

DR Antonio Mottola: A great season from Antonio how made some key interceptions in defence and some key crosses in attack a great season form the right back

MC Lorenzo Del Pinto: A brilliant crosser of the ball who also has a good right foot he will probably be moved to right midfield next season as he is a god crosser.

MC Mouhammed Abdoulaye Tine: probably the best all round player in my squad he made key tackles and won key headers in his DM role he also scored a couple of free kicks a great season from Tine.

ML Fabio Di Venanzio: A great first season he scored some crucial goals to get us out of trouble quite a few time this season unfortunately at 35 this will be his last season for the club

ST Andy Selva The San Marino legend was a great foil for Todorov and Bertolini scorer of 22 of our 120 goals however his stats are starting to decline and he will be sold

ST Tsvetomir Todorov What can I say Utter brilliance from Todorov is he the new King Rodriguez only time will tell. 29 goals in 35 appearances

ST Alberto Bertolini a great striker with the ball at his feet his mazy runs became a trademark as he raced to 23 goals and 22 assists

New signings

Angelo Corsi

Giuseppe Cassia

Nicola Amoruso

Lukas Francois

Aims for next season

Win serie c cup

Win the league

Get squad up to serie B standard

enjoy myself

I planned to get those updates out of the way earlier but two of my mates got me hooked on an online save currently...

Reutlingen Season 2010/11

I somehow must've forgotten/overwritten the end of season save so these screenshots are with 3 matches to go. Nothing really changed in those 3 matches though so please bear with me.

After the pormotion to the 2.Bundesliga some changes were necessary to improve the squad for the relegation battle. Last years on phenomenal on loan winger Johannes van den Bergh joined us permanently, as did 08/09 Third Division Top scorer Massimo Cannizzaro and Centre midfielder Daniyel Cimen.

With these reinforcements I felt very confident in my squad. The season did not start that well but it did not take too long until we got some decent results either. Over the course of the season we never occupied a relegation spot and after 10 games we were consistently mid table.

Young Centre back Jean-Cristophe Negroni adapted to the second division well enough and our right side was one to fear with Marc Gallego and Marcel Heller.

Our Financial Position was steadily improving.

Reutlingen Season 2011/12

This season the squad changed quite a bit. I moved on some players who did not cut it any more or did not develop as much as I hoped. I also decided to cash in on the ageing Cannizzaro after I got a good offer from Karlsruhe and on the Centre backs Maruyama and Atienza because I got offered Tom Bertram for a great price and also because my scouts found the talented German youngstar Lothar Krüger. Other acquisitions included the Spanish trio Trecarichi, Popo and Viguera. And our new midfield star Kwadwo Asamoah

In January I bought two more exicting prospects in Lars Rauscher and David Fischer. The two of them were in fact good enough to hold down starting places the moment they joined and had 7 Star potential rating just like Krüger and Trecarichi. Because of them I sold then first choice keeper Platins and backup Left back Barandel. The reason for the sales of van den Bergh and Cimen were different. Cimen outright refused to sign a new contract with only 18 months left and van den Bergh prevented the according to my Ass Man amazingly talented Trecarichi to break into the team as well as demanding a huge payrise to stay. N'Gossan came in to help fill the void Cimen had left and Ivan Acosta came because he was labelled the next Juan Roman Riquelme.

I expected another Midtable finish after so many squad changes and just as the season before we started poorly and then climbed back up to a midtable position. This time around however we did not stay there forever. We continued our rise up the table but were halted by our first defeat after six unbeaten matches just before the Winter break. After the league recommenced we fairly quickly rose up to third place and defended it until the end of the season.

The third place finish qualified us for a Playoff against the 16th placed team from the First Division. The Playoff is played over two legs and with the away goal rule in place. Our opponent was Bochum who amazingly finished 16. in 09/10, 10/11 and 11/12 and already won the Playoff against a second division team two times. We had to play the first leg at home. We went down 0-1 after an early goal but turned the match around thanks to a Viguera hattrick. Not much happend after that until a late 3-2 from Bochum. With this dangerous result we went into the second leg. Again we conceded an early goal which would see Bochum through on away goals. We went more attacking after that but conceded a goal after a counterattack just before halftime. I thought the game was over by then because we would need 2 goals and the first half display was terrible. And indeed we scored one more, but it came much too late to make a difference.

The season went better than I expected and our finances are now looking pretty good.

Oh and I feel obliged to write a line about Negroni's progress. He is really a quality player at this level now and wanted by some Midtable First Division teams at this point, but I don't intend to sell him. I already feel attached to him after 3 seasons. However sadly it does already seems as if he won't progress that much anymore.

Season       Team                League                 Finished   Notes
2009-2010    SSV Reutlingen 05   Third Division         2nd
2010-2011    SSV Reutlingen 05   Second Division        9th
2011-2012    SSV Reutlingen 05   Second Division        3rd        Lost Playoff   

Also I got the season 2019/20 done now so there will be (at least) 9 more updates to go.

grrrr... getting annoyed with this save again already... seems i'll be the only person never to complete this challenge bcause i couldn't play the game properly to save my life :S

What problems do you have anyways? Trouble winning? :(

If so, try a default tactic...

lol, i usually just use the usual 4-4-2 or a 4-3-3, but whatever tactic i use i can never win :(

I use a 4-1-3-2 with 3 CM and 1 DM. Working out very well as you can tell from my season updates. :D

EDIT: Just found out Michael Ballack is manager of Bayern in my game. :D

hmmm... strangly enough, i've just switched to the same tactic... hopefully it'll start to show some promise once Jan (first choice GK) is back from his shoulder injury

Good luck with that tactic mate. Let the rise up the divisions begin. :D

And good news, Real Oviedo qualified for the 1st knockout round in one game to spare. :)

2022/23 G D R Monsanto Pre Season Update

GDRM.gif

Monsanto looking to Europe

Our board expectations are a safe mid-table position this season, so I'm going to see how close I can get to euro qualification. Lots of new faces in the transfer market should help

Joaquim Alves - Solid Centre Back

Nelson - Backup AMC because my captain Ferrari wants away every transfer window and plays badly during them

Hasan Kilic - Turkish AMC looking like a replacement in the long term for Ferrari, bit big for his boots at the moment, he arrived saying I should rebuild the team around him... Get in the under 19s side and learn the language first son !

Gabriel Garcia - Decent Left wingback, since we are changing to play a slightly wider formation

Fabio - Skillful DM to hold up and distribute the ball, replacing the ageing Andre Cormann

Kids with lots of potential :

Armando - Right Wingback, long term replacement for Cabrera

Djuric - Young centre mid, doesnt fit in my current formation but we'll change if he shows potential

Marcelo - Another center mid with bags of potential

Eduardo Silveira - Quick striker who likes to run with the ball

And finally, potentially the best player ever to pull on the Monsanto shirt, Darci. Signed almost a year ago but finally here now he's turned 18. Can't wait to see what he can do for us !

Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division C1              11th  
2010-2011    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division C1               7th  
2011-2012    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1              10th
2012-2013    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1               4th
2013-2014    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1               1st  Promotion
2014-2015    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  7th
2015-2016    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  4th  Portuguese Cup Qtr Finalist
2016-2017    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                 13th
2017-2018    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  2nd  Promotion
2018-2019    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  14th
2019-2020    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  13th
2020-2021    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  11th
2021-2022    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   9th  Cleared club debt

finally finished the 1yr holiday (computer is slow so 1yr is a long time for it :p), and chose C.E. L'Hospitalet, a feeder club of Barca who are predicted 9th for this season, and have good training facilities and an average youth set up. We have been predicted 9th for the first season in Division B3

with a stadium cap of 6,400, its much bigger than the German stadiums i was at.

Going to start off using the 4-1-3-2 tactic again, despite the fact it didn't work in Kiel.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round Draw:

Man Utd vs Roma

R.Madrid vs Arsenal

Savona vs Schalke

AC Milan vs Chelsea

CSKA Moscow vs Napoli

Panathinaikos vs At.Madrid

Porto vs Liverpool

FC Bayern vs Barcelona

Thoughts? I'm pleased with it, short trip to Germany and a definite chance to qualify. They were runners up in the Uefa Cup 2018.

Archived