JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't get a favourable draw. :(

ECC 1st Knockout Round

Real Oviedo vs Inter

Palermo vs Real Madrid

Stuttgart vs Lyon

LOSC vs Barcelona

Ajax vs HSV

Porto vs Chelsea

Spartak Moscow vs Liverpool

Zurich vs Man Utd

Oh well...not a bad 1st showing in Europe...

This season is turning into an unmitigated disaster :(

At this rate we might not even make Europe next year. We just threw away a 2-0 lead away at bottom of the league Ascoli to draw (shock!). Seriously I almost wanna resign I'm that ****ed off! We're absolutely dominating games in every department but are getting screwed. We cannot hold a lead! They had 4 shots all game, 2 on target, 2 goals. We had 14! :mad:

This season is turning into an unmitigated disaster :(

At this rate we might not even make Europe next year. We just threw away a 2-0 lead away at bottom of the league Ascoli to draw (shock!). Seriously I almost wanna resign I'm that ****ed off! We're absolutely dominating games in every department but are getting screwed. We cannot hold a lead! They had 4 shots all game, 2 on target, 2 goals. We had 14! :mad:

Will turn around - just a flop every tem has in a season. How's Kumar going?

iacovone i know your pain. I have lost heaps to crapper club, but manage to win against the "bigger" clubs in my league. Havent even started my third season yet :( my Gundos challenge save has been really entertaining lately, I'll try and get back soon though

Kumar quite frankly has been an enormous disappointment.

10(8) - 0 - 1 - 0 - 6.67

Those are his ratings (app,gls,asts,mom,av.r). Pretty awful really - still no goal. Plus Real Madrid just declared interest in him and he said he'd like to move to a bigger club :mad:

Max I'll be playing for a couple of hours :thup:

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

Schalke (h)

Ok so after finally settling on a 4-3-2-1 formation that appears to be working (I tried about 6 different formations) we went into the first knockout round in good spirits. Maurizio Secco is suspended for both legs so Perelli steps back in. Young LB Emanuele Moroni kept his place after impressing in his first few appearances for the club. Rotunno led the line with Diaz and Zaninelli attacking from deep.

It was important to keep it tight early however Schalke started better and within 10 minutes we'd conceded the crucial away goal :(. A pretty good 20 yarder did the trick for them. Zaninelli should have scored from a header before a bizarre incident nearly led to our equaliser. Diaz hit a 25 yarder that hit the bar, came back and hit their keeper, hit the bar again and was then smuggled behind for a corner. Unlucky. Half time came and a big 2nd half performance was required.

Unbelievable. After dominating since their goal. Traore bangs one in the top corner after 2 minutes of the 2nd half. :mad: So undeserved. More pressure from us but no end product. Rotunno hauled off with a 5.5 average rating (pathetic). Moroni hit the post from a few yards out but nothing went for us all game. Fans left early but just before changing to 3-5-2, that man Tommaso Cilona hit a nice 20 yard effort into the bottom corner. Hope for the 2nd leg at least. 1-2 final score.

MOM - Tommaso Cilona

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Schalke (a)

So 2-1 down and requiring a big performance in Germany to go through. We need to score 2 goals so I pushed the mentality slider much more attackin than usual.

The first half was very even. Liguori made a couple of vital saves but so did their keeper. Our one sliver of hope became a whole lot bigger right before half time when their RM was sent off for a vicious foul. Half time came and it was time to change things around and go for broke!

We did that til the ref evened things up by sending off Cilona for a 2nd yellow :mad: :mad: :mad:

The rest as they say is history. Di Costanzo got us a consolation with seconds to go and that was that. We paid the price for an awful 1st leg display.

MOM - Jimmy Blixt

I just want this season to finish now, its been atrocious. But now the pressure is on to get 4th place because we have to make CL again next year :rolleyes:

now i'm really starting to get annoyed... tried using that TT&F stuff... followed it with every bit of the tactic... still going terribly :@, and took forever to get moving with it as well :(

ok... so i've only played 3 games... but to have lost 2 of them and only just drawn the third is pretty annoying to say the least... would have iked to have got more than 1 point :S

really starting to think i shjould give up and attempt the "get a first division team into an unplayable league" challenge... might have more success there :S

Des Tiny's I cannot stick with one club Challenge

Ok so actually I am trying to get Imortal again, but the medium database meant I had about 1-2 suitable players for each position as opposed to the large which always has more so overnight I ran another holiday game, tell you my options soon :)

LordMeister I have a similar problem but just 10 years or so ahead of you. This season has been a major disappointment on all fronts, gonna have to sell some of the squad in the summer and rebuild the team if we're going to win the Scudetto again

Wonder if I could get the sack? Squad harmony is down to 17% :eek:

Everyone hates everyone, everyone wants out, everyone thinks I'm crap and everyone is wanted. Christ is this it!? :(

EDIT: Hmmm a sign?! Ricki Kumar lobs the Bologna GK in the last minute to win the game 2-1 thus scoring his first goal for the club (just the 20 hours it took him :cool:). He ran to me too \o/. My saviour. God I love these Kiwis......

Sad to hear mate. :(

Had a couple of those, although I was clearing about $20 million of worthless players...

I think I might sell another centre back. My youth player Angel - YP8 seems to be very good cover at only 18, although he has only been playing due to injuries.

Archived