JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was the first poster on the new page since page 18. :D

I have finally gotten the American centre back (yes another one lol!) I've been chasing after for 4 years. :D

3rd place Atletico and 6th place Zaragoza separated by 2 points (I'm in 4th)

Wow it'll be tight by the sounds of it rancer - you've got plenty of games to go though. Just to let you know you get awarded £20m for CL TV revenue at the end of the competition :)

Wonderful news.

£20m? Switch the currency and it's about US$40 mil. Good times. No recession coded into the game I imagine. ;)

just had my first pre-season friendly against Real Socidad, and we put up quite a fight, having gone down, we managed to pull back a 1-1 equaliser, which was, unfortunately replied to with a 3-1 loss, but hopefully a good effort against La liga opposition could mean good things down in B3 for us :D

Thanks for the well wishes rlipscombe unfortunately we just lost 2-0 at home to Juve in our penultimate game of the season to all but end our hopes of Europe. We have to beat 8th placed Genoa and hope Torino lose away to Siena to qualify.

This has to be one of the all-time worst follow up seasons to a title winning year. Completely forgettable season on all counts. That was the last ever game at the Valerio Bacigalupo as well. Hopefully the new stadium next year will bring with it new hope, new optimism and new success!

Hope you avoid the sacking iacovone. I feel your pain I remember in my Rizhiquan game in FM08. Finished 2nd one season and the board was annoyed. I'm halfway the next season and in 5th. I still haven't finished that season yet. I don't want to get sacked. All the confidence bars are yellow. :(

In my Real Oviedo game, drew Inter in the home leg 1-1, but they have the important away goal, so hope to do well in Italy...

Good Luck iacovone !

Monstanto had a storming start to the season and are challenging for a Euro spot. The wins haven't lasted but a great cup run has seen us through to the Portuguese Cup Final ! Unfortunately it's against Porto who we have a 0W-3D-7L record against and they haven't lost in 31 games (all comps) this season :(

Savona End of Season 14 Update (2022/23)

Serie A:

Predicted Finish: 1st

Actual Finish: 8th|Graph

Italian Cup: Quarter Finalists (Lost to AC Milan)

Italian Super Cup: Runners Up (Lost to Juve)

Champions League: 1st Knockout Round (Lost to Schalke)

End of Season Notes:

A truly awful defence of our title. It was a combination of poor tactical changes on my part but overall massive underperformance by the 'stars' of this team. Cilona didn't play with anywhere near the same panache as last year. Rotunno really let me down and showed that perhaps he isn't the legend I thought he'd be here :(. Zaninelli had to cope with playing AMC or ST. Either way he didn't play well. Maurizio Secco could come out of the year with his head held high - a true star of the future at CB. But the main man was:

Jimmy Blixt - He hadn't impressed too much in the title winning season but this year he really showed his class. He won Serie A Player of the Year - a huge honour given our lacklustre season. He was my player of the year too and also took the Fans Player of the Year award, as expected.

Best XI

Best Ever XI - Blixt has made the squad now.

No youth academy players came through of note. Another barren year.

Exciting News:

We have now officially moved into the 23,906 all seater Savona Stadium \o/.

Next Season:

Well it couldn't be much worse, we need to press back on and try to make the CL this year. We've taken a couple of steps backwards sadly but over the summer (providing I keep my job) I'll be looking to offload many of the underperformers and look to bring in a new core of mainly Italian players. Its time to rebuild.

I am expected to challenge for the title so the pressure is still on and I guess I have to come at least in the CL places. Wish me luck.

EDIT: It seems my job is now 'secure'. A big sigh of relief!

Just crashed out of Europe. We lost 4-1 on aggregate to Inter. :(

Still a nice first showing though. :D

All the favourites went through to the next round though (Inter, R. Madrid, Lyon, Barca, HSV, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd)

Now I hope to go back again next year. :)

Mehran Zahedi becomes the first big name out the door - moving to Juve for £25m. Good deal. Castagnet is leaving for a couple of million. Some of the youth that haven't improved as much as I thought are gone too.

iacovone, you really are true in your word in cleaning house...

I beat Barca again at home 2-1. Real, Barca, and Atletico are running away with the top 3 spots. The battle for the last spot in the Champions League is between Zaragoza and I...I'm 3 points up atm...

Thats excellent rancer keep up results like that and Zaragoza won't stand a chance!

Ok so far these players have left:

Zahedi (25m)

De Siato (550k)

Prandelli (650k)

Castagnet (2.6m)

Diaz (11m)

Fuser (1.6m)

Mambelli (2.2m)

Edvan (1m)

Penot (2m)

I plan on waving goodbye to a few more and am looking at bringing in more experience - I think this was the problem last year. That and too many personality clashes.

EDIT: Diaz is the club captain btw. However he doesn't get on with 3 of our players and counting now. Stupid moody Sth American. Bugger off!!

Why can't I face Barca a lot more. :p

I've been very competitive against the big 2 Spanish teams (although Barca are a lot easier than Real...), and did manage a draw against Man Utd (at Old Trafford) and Inter (at home).

Of course, we somehow do bad against the weak teams... :(

Haha. :p

The re-scheduling of games means that in the final 7 games, 5 are at home and 2 away. And to make it even more interesting, I face 3rd place Atletico in the final game of the year. :D

Last year, I beat Valencia in the final game of the season to get 3rd place. :)

EDIT: all the Spanish teams out of Champions League, Real Madrid lost 7-4 on aggregate to Inter, and Lyon defeated Barca 1-0 on aggregate.

GC_Alcobaca.jpg Des Tiny's Ginasio Clube de Alcobaca GC_Alcobaca.jpg

New Beginnings

2008/09

After a short spell with Imortal and troubles in the small number of players available at the club and problems with the board, Des Tiny bailed on the club and headed off to another club immediately as GC Alcobaca snapped up his contract straight away. Tiny was delighted with the message from his chairman, an expectation] to move up the table, and full control of the squad and the football. He even gave him a clean slate of staff. Next he had the finances gone over, and discovered that at least the club had some money in the bank. Facilities were not the best in the division and only a small 2000 seat stadium, but with a reasonably good looking feeder club in O. Calipolense it looked like Tiny had found the perfect slot in amongst the competition.

Goals

1) Build a squad to get a Mid Table Finish

2) Try to do better than my expected finish

3) Constant Improvement

So now its 3 and a half hours after I posted the team I have chosen, and in that time I have worked through the free agent lists and chosen 3 Goalies, 5 Centre Backs, 2 Right Backs and thats it in the way of players so far. I also have picked out an Asst Manager, 3 Scouts, 2 Coaches & a Physio. Building a club from scratch is a huge effort. I am picking up some old players and some young players as then I am covered this season and hopefully have some stars for the future in the lists as well :)

So now its 3 and a half hours after I posted the team I have chosen, and in that time I have worked through the free agent lists and chosen 3 Goalies, 5 Centre Backs, 2 Right Backs and thats it in the way of players so far. I also have picked out an Asst Manager, 3 Scouts, 2 Coaches & a Physio. Building a club from scratch is a huge effort. I am picking up some old players and some young players as then I am covered this season and hopefully have some stars for the future in the lists as well :)

I know the feeling, that pretty much what i've done with Hospitalet, sold off all the original players and bought in a new team, sacked the staff with single figures in key stats, and bought in much better ones (e.g. replaced two phsios with 8 and 6 in physiotherapy, with 1 with 17 :D ), really don't want it to start badly now :p

Managed to pick out the 2 Left Backs and 2 Defensive Midfielders I want now, so I have offered them all contracts and still not advanced a single day in my game from the changeover :)

Its such a long mission to set up my team, and then once I have 23 players on board then I have to build a tactic which fits the team and the players and my probable mid table obscurity, so that means three base tactics, one for fighting teams better than me, one for against the other Mid Table teams and one for thrashing the bottom feeders. All based on defensive football because if I can keep the opposition out I can score just one goal and win.

After I have my team and tactics, I need to organise some friendlies and work on a training set-up. Basically the first month of one of these challenges seems to take me longer than the whole of the rest of the season.

since managed to pull in another win and a couple of draws, amazingly the second win was against a team we were being billed a heavy defeat against, but pulled off a 3-2 victory, still hovering above the relegation spots, but i'm feeling a little more confident this time round :D

Third win... but the party was deflated by the news that our Andorran International FC Joan Carles Toscano will be out for 4-5months, so will have to rely on Alex Fernandez and Sandy to not get injured in that time :/

Des have you signed kipulo

He won't come to me in FM08 :( But hopefully I have found an ample replacement :)

Have decided to give FM09 another go and was looking at trying this challenge. I think I'm going to go with Portugal. I'll post all the stuff when I actually get started. (and once its installed.)

Good luck dude, hope you have fun in Portugal, I have definitely decided it is my second home.

Finished up another season at Real Oviedo. Going to Champions League again. :D

Hope to post my update in the near future. :)

Congrats once more Rancer, hopefully I can get there before my old computer returns haha.

2018-2019 Real Oviedo S.A.D. (Season 10)

Media Prediction: 8th

Finishing Position: 4th

Spanish Cup: lost in Quarter final to Valencia (3-0 on aggregate)

Champions League: Group Stage Winners - Inter Fixtures

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Transfers

Transfers

IN: Charly Camus, and a Swiss AMC who will be sold when the transfer window re-opens...

OUT: Youngsters who couldn't enter my first-team, a list that includes Victor Navarro - YP1...

Future Transfers

Coming to the club next year includes defender Neil Herrera and MC/DM Yoshinori Ohtsuka.

Key Players

GK - Raul Perez Rodriguez

DL/DC - Javier - YP4

MC/DM - Krisztian Lukacsi

MC/DM - Mesut Ozturk

ST - Matias Rodriguez

ST - Riccardo Villa

Finances

Finances

Doesn't include the US$38 million in Champions League TV revenue. :p

Awards

Club Information

Affiliations

Club Overview

Club Stadium/Facilities

Goals for the next year

• less draws
  • score more
  • get to the First Knockout Round of Champions League

Domestic League

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1      [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2009-2010Standings.jpg"]11th[/url]  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2010-2011    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2011Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url]  Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011-2012    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2012Standings.jpg"]10th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2012-2013    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2013Standings.jpg"]5th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2013-2014    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2014Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url]  Promotion  
[/font][font=Courier New]2014-2015    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2015Standings.jpg"]14th[/url]
[/font][font=Courier New]2015-2016    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2016Standings.jpg"]8th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2016-2017    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2017Standings.jpg"]13th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2017-2018    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                   [/font]  [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2018Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]  
[font=Courier New]2018-2019    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019Standings.jpg"]4th[/url]  Qualified for UCL[/font] 

Champions League

[font=Courier New]Season       Qualifying          Group Stage                         Finished[/font]
[font=Courier New]2018-2019           N/A              [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019ChampionsLeagueGroupH.jpg"]Group H[/url][/font]       [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019ChampionsLeagueFixtures.jpg"]Lost in 1st Knockout Round[/url][/font]

European Club Rankings

[font=Courier New]Season       Ranking          Change[/font]          [font=Courier New]Coefficient
2017-2018       95th             N/A                  N/A
2018-2019       70th             +25               41.802
[/font]

congrats rancer - champions league football again.

iacovone - thank heavens you kept your job!! good luck turning it around next season. i wasn't too keen on the comment about investing in more experience though...... :(;)

welcome blowcrapup - good luck in Portugal.

unlucky in the cup final TanO - was still a great achievement making the final tohugh.

good to see you back in the challenge Des, even if it is FM08....

LordMeister - keep the faith. it can be frustrating struggling when others do well but it will click soon i'm sure.

Also, i'm chuffed with how the thread seems to have kicked on again and we're flying through the pages... if only JoseRR was here to see it.....................

Thanks rlipscombe. However, I am gambling a bit this transfer window, and sold 1st team centre back and Brazilian international Sergio to Barca for US$15 million, along with backup striker and US$15 million bust Markus Larsson for US$5 million...

It worked out well when I sold Joao for the same amount (US$15 mil) to Valencia...

And good luck LordMeister...

Archived