JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Rancer, I was very happy with that friendly, and there were about 10 posts left when I started writing the report. Delighted with Marco considering he only has 5 for Composure and is only 19. I picked him up because no other strikers would come to my club, but he is doing swimmingly.

as long as it's not the Real Oveido among others small club to big club

Haha that made me laugh out loud max.

Well seeing as I suggested it......:p

Seriously though - first of us to complete it? In-game date I mean, not real time.

That is very very ambitious Max. It gets so much tougher in Serie A. Just making the CL is hard enough. I got relegated in my first year remember!

And lets be honest I'm one hell of a player ;)

yeh but i am clearly better :D

i signed a young striker from pescara at the start of august and he is already unhappy and i have not reached the end of agust yet. Everyone is trying to pinch my players but there is know way im breaking this team up.

Taking the Fafe

First Half Update

Well a back and forward start to the game up to the 24th minute when Fafe went to a defensive style, this opened up the park for Alcobaca, and in the 33rd minute we saw Claudino holding up play before feeding Tengarrinha, he played it forward to Pinto, Pinto to Graca, Graca moves up the park unchallenged and feeds it to Mourato (captain) on the left, he heads up the wing before sending it up to Zito, Zito sends it into Pinto, he is dispossesed, but the ball falls to Graca, who finds Marco in the area, Pinto pounces on the rebound and fires it towards the top corner, the ball bounces off Costa and falls to Marco who fires it low, but it is blocked again and goes out for a corner. After 4 corners in a row, finally the ball drifts in to Marco who sinks a beautiful header to gain the lead.

1-0

Following the goal our domination of the game continued and Russo & Fernandes exchanged passes on the right hand side, before Russo feeds it into Graca who powers the ball into the goal from 25 yards out after 43 minutes we had doubled the lead.

2-0

The remainder of the 1st half was about controlling the game and preventing a comeback. so we went in with the lead and I sent the boys out with some pleased words and a bit of encouragement to try and get more out of them.

Marco's Goal Count: 9 in 8 (so far)

Taking the Fafe

First Half Update

Well a back and forward start to the game up to the 24th minute when Fafe went to a defensive style, this opened up the park for Alcobaca, and in the 33rd minute we saw Claudino holding up play before feeding Tengarrinha, he played it forward to Pinto, Pinto to Graca, Graca moves up the park unchallenged and feeds it to Mourato (captain) on the left, he heads up the wing before sending it up to Zito, Zito sends it into Pinto, he is dispossesed, but the ball falls to Graca, who finds Marco in the area, Pinto pounces on the rebound and fires it towards the top corner, the ball bounces off Costa and falls to Marco who fires it low, but it is blocked again and goes out for a corner. After 4 corners in a row, finally the ball drifts in to Marco who sinks a beautiful header to gain the lead.

1-0

Following the goal our domination of the game continued and Russo & Fernandes exchanged passes on the right hand side, before Russo feeds it into Graca who powers the ball into the goal from 25 yards out after 43 minutes we had doubled the lead.

2-0

The remainder of the 1st half was about controlling the game and preventing a comeback. so we went in with the lead and I sent the boys out with some pleased words and a bit of encouragement to try and get more out of them.

good victory against fafe Des

Des that description of the first goal is brilliant. It reads like a piece of horse racing commentary!

Why thank you. I actually see myself as a sports commentator. I regularly commentate on my games outloud haha, and when watching sport on Tv I always make comments before the commentators do. I am getting pretty good at it :)

As for the rest of the game, it continued the same as the first half, with Marco grabbing a second off a Russo cross, moving it to 3-0 and then they managed to sneak a goal back from a corner, 3-1, but the game was truly written off for Fafe when Graca managed to double his tally as well to move it to the final score of 4-1.

Goalscorers: Marco (33,59), Graca (43,79)

Attendance: 122

An excellent victory over AD Fafe, and my forwards are starring exactly as I want them too. marco's goal count is now 10 in 8 at the end of my PreSeason.

Why thank you. I actually see myself as a sports commentator. I regularly commentate on my games outloud haha, and when watching sport on Tv I always make comments before the commentators do.

As do I, as do I :p:)

Pre Season Player Stats

Player        Games Goals Assts MoMs AvgRat
Marco          8     10     1    3    7.88
Graca          8      3     3    2    7.75
Russo          8      0     4    1    7.38
Zito           6(1)   0     3    0    7.00
Mourato        8      1     0    1    7.13

Those are the main players who have managed to make a difference in my squad so far in the Pre Season, hopefully they continue on these sort of numbers in the league. By the way Fafe are in the 2DA and as such that victory was even bigger.

Taking the Fafe

First Half Update

1-0

2-0

Why thank you. I actually see myself as a sports commentator. I regularly commentate on my games outloud haha, and when watching sport on Tv I always make comments before the commentators do. I am getting pretty good at it :)

As for the rest of the game, it continued the same as the first half, with Marco grabbing a second off a Russo cross, moving it to 3-0 and then they managed to sneak a goal back from a corner, 3-1, but the game was truly written off for Fafe when Graca managed to double his tally as well to move it to the final score of 4-1.

Goalscorers: Marco (33,59), Graca (43,79)

Attendance: 122

An excellent victory over AD Fafe, and my forwards are starring exactly as I want them too. marco's goal count is now 10 in 8 at the end of my PreSeason.

Are we posting on each match now. :D

Castel San Pietro - Serie C1A - 2010/11

Media Prediction: 18th

Final Position: 1st

League Table

I can't really congratulate my team enough on this further success, I was fairly worried at the beginning of the season, as I had no transfers arranged to come in, but again, after players contracts expired, they were interested in joining, and the squad began to look stronger.

I think a reputation boost helped the coaching situation, as we now have a full backroom of staff, inlcuding nine coaches and a half decent assistant.

Again, it was a strong start that helped us gain momentum, after losing to Ancona 2-1 on the first day, we remained unbeaten until facing Cittadella on matchday 17. After that defeat, we remained unbeaten until the end of the season, although it did still take us until the last round, needing to win, to clinch the title.

Tbh, this season was alot easier than expected, the step up didn't seem too great, and alot of last season's team were on equally good form. Having said that, I think the new signings had an equally large role to play in making the step-up seem easier.

Best Player - Giovanni Scappaticci - new signing, brought in to take over from the aging Furlanetto, and did a fantastic job on the wing. Recieved goal of the season, for a fantastic dribble inside before unleashing a swooping shot into the opposite top corner.

Top Goalscorer - Francesco Macchi - the youth prospect I mentioned earlier, just thrown into the first team straight away, and boy did he respond

Honourable Mention - Michel Cruciani - was inspirational in every move we made, just like last season, made the step up with ease, lets hope for more of the same next season.

We further proved our domination of Serie C by following up our title success with victories in the Serie C Cup Final, and the Serie C1 Super Cup.

All in all, a fairly fantastic season :D

My other aim, sorting out the clubs finances, went quite well too, to a point.

We were up 120k come the end of the season, after prize money, etc..

Then the board kind of wrecked it with this. A completely unnecessary addition of seats in my opinion, putting us back to -100k, not impressed :mad:

Aims for next season:

• Don't embaress ourselves after two successive promotions.
  • Try, again, to put the club back into the black.
  • Have a cup run, if thats not pushing it too much.
  • Try very very hard to survive, as relegation might cripple us financially.

Archived