JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuck in a rut atm:(

Can't sign anyone as they are all not interested or not better than my current players.

Can't seem to find a tactic. And all my good players want to look for a new club:(

Relegation is a real posssibility i think..

Castel San Pietro - Serie B - 2011/12

Media Prediction: 22nd

Final Position: 10th

League Table

A pretty fair reflection of our season. We were never in danger of relegation, nor did we make a serious push for promotion, we spent the majority of the season hovering somewhere between 10th and 14th, lovely :D

To be honest though, I view the mid-table obscurity as massive overachievement. With the quality of players at my disposal, I actually believed relegation top be a real possibility, until after about ten games. All the players in the team are rated as either decent Serie B players, or leading stars for Serie C1, except for the obvious talented exceptions, Foggia, Giglio and Scappaticci.

Cup-wise, we lost in the qualifying rounds to another mid-table Serie B team, I forget who, not really that great.

Some good news, thanks to ground sharing a 19,000 all seater stadium for the last 11 months, our bank balance has shot up to a healthy £2m, however, moving back into the Comunale (2379, 1671 seated) will surely begin to dent this again.

Best Player - Giovanni Scappaticci was the key man again, handled the step up with ease, such a talent, we need to keep hold of him.

Top Goalscorer - Luca Gerbino Polo was backup last season really, but after Brighenti got injured, Luca never looked back, cemented himself in the team, and earned himself a new contract.

Honourable Mentions - Manuele Giglio was a rock at CB all season and even popped with a few goals from corners and Pasquale Foggia ran riot down either wing and chipped in with plenty of goals and assists, a former italian international :cool:

Francesco Macchi watch:

End of season stats and profile.

A new section devoted to the best talent to come through the youth academy at the Castello. Supposedly he now has the potential to be a decent Serie A striker in the future, although when he was on form, coaches occasionally rated him with the potential to be a good Serie A striker.

At the start of the season, it looked as though he wouldn't be able to compete at this level, and although he still suffered the odd goal drought, he finished the season with 12 goals and 9 assists. Very impressed with him, and he still has plenty of time to mature.

I am really excited about his potential, and even if he doesn't reach the heights predicted, he will almost definitely be a fixture in the team for years to come.

Aims for next season:

• Consolidate what we've achieved this season.
  • Try to hold onto our best players.
  • Bring in some talented, and preferably italian youth.
  • Cup run?!

Cheers rlip, how'd your team recover from the Nou Camp scenario?

we lost 4-2 at home to Valencia in the cup next game, and then drew 1-1 against Osasuna. However my last game before bed was a 1-0 away win at Valenica in 2nd leg, so not too bad i guess. At half way point in season we're in mid-table. i'd settle for that come the end of the season!!

Well its not broken, the draw was just held a month late for the relegation stages, and for some reason the 2nd Div B had its Promotion stages drawn the same day, meaning those 6 teams have 10 games in less than a month, while in the same time the other 18 promotion teams have only 5 games. And the relegation stages are now set at 2 games a week, so I play 6 games over 17 days, should've been spread over the month. I still think its a bug...

Alcobaca's Relegation Battle

Match by Match

Match 1: Away to Esmoriz

After finishing 8th in the First Phase (Updates on this to come End of Season), Alcobaca had to go into the relegation series, which involves 8 groups of 4 teams and the bottom two are automatically relegated and then the 2nd placed teams are put into a second table and the bottom 4 of those are then relegated as well. Thats a total of 20 teams to be relegated out of 32. Alcobaca was drawn alongside Avanca (14th), Esmoriz (13th) & Marinhense (7th) all from within the 2DB. A Home and Away series over 17 days means Saturday & Wednesday games.

At Esmoriz 3-0 (HT: 1-0)

Goals: C.Pinto (29), Medeiros (54), L.Pinto (71)

A delightful effort in the midfield by the Pinto brothers saw a great score as we won the first game to jump straight to the top of the group, with Marco going down injured it made it a bit of a worry, hopefully it is not too serious, though we won't know til after our return to Alcobaca to see the Physio.

Table after 1

Pos Team       Record For Ags Pts
[b]1st Alcobaca    1-0-0  3   0   3[/b]
2nd Marinhense  1-0-0  2   1   3
[color=Red]3rd Avanca      0-0-1  1   2   0 (R)
4th Esmoriz     0-0-1  0   3   0 (R)[/color]

2nd Place Table

3rd O.Bairro    1-0-0  2   1   3
4th Famalicao   1-0-0  3   0   3
[color=Red]5th Tondela     1-0-0  3   2   3 (R)
6th O.Elvas     0-1-0  1   1   1 (R)[/color]

In the relegation stage the first sorting of a tie is away goals, so my 3-0 away victory is a great start to the system. And just to make the run harder I have lost Marco for 1-2 months, so he will not be back at all this season, and I have lost Medeiros (Res Striker) for 6 days to 2 weeks, so pretty much I am without a striker for the rest of the season. Damn hope I can get some goals from the rest. Probably put one of the Pinto bros up front (Or maybe Graca).

Match by Match

Match 2: Home to Avanca

After beating Esmoriz we headed back home to face Avanca, before heading to their home ground. Having the home and away after each other was an interesting line-up, see how it goes.

Vs Avanca 1-0 (HT: 1-0)

Goals: Graca (13)

Att: 266

The midfield worked well together once more, Graca was now upfront as a striker and lead the way with a goal early, then the team was close a few more times, but just couldn't crack it. I wasn't actually too disappointed with that considering I had no striker.

Table after 2

[b]1st Alcobaca    2-0-0  4   0   6[/b]
2nd Marinhense  2-0-0  5   1   6
[color=Red]3rd Avanca      0-0-2  1   3   0 (R)
4th Esmoriz     0-0-2  0   6   0 (R)[/color]

2nd Place Table

3rd O.Bairro     1-1-0  4   3   4
4th Vianense     1-1-0  4   2   4
[color=Red]5th Messinense   1-0-1  4   4   3 (R)
6th E.Portalegre 1-0-1  3   3   3 (R)[/color]

I think most important is to stay ahead of Marinhense, that is going to be what decides this for me, no way i can afford to drop a game to them. It has already turned into a two horse race as expected from the standings in the 1st phase. So the two games against Marinhense will decide my fate.

Match by Match

Match 3: Away to Avanca

Well, the 1-0 at home without a striker was close, but I was happy. The real test was to come as I travelled to Avanca in the second leg to need a win. A loss against either of the bottom teams would guarantee us into 2nd. So hopefully the boys could do a little more in this one.

At Avanca 4-0 (HT: 0-0)

Goals: Graca (55,89), Tengarrinha (65), Leo (pen 74)

Well at halftime I was seriously worried about the state of the game with no score, and we had seven shots, but none on target. In the second half we managed to add a large number of shots and four on target, and all four went in. A delightful effort leading us to keeping top spot in our group. And Graca delighted me with two perfect headed goals off crosses from Russo.

Table after 3

[b]1st Alcobaca    3-0-0  8   0   9[/b]
2nd Marinhense  3-0-0  7   2   9
[color=Red]3rd Avanca      0-0-3  1   3   0 (R)
4th Esmoriz     0-0-3  1   8   0 (R)[/color]

2nd Place Table

3rd R.Massama    2-0-1  7   4   6
4th Mirandense   1-2-0  4   3   5[color=Red]
5th Vianense     1-1-1  5   6   4 (R)
6th O.Hospital   1-1-1  5   6   4 (R)[/color]

Still sitting in first place, but with it all tied up I know I have to beat Marinhense as neither of the others is going to pull off an upset to get me out of jail. Knowing that my two toughest games are still to come it is a serious worry. Of course being 5pts clear of relegation in the 2nd place draw is also a good sign, as I could lose one and still be comfortably ahead in there as well.

Match by Match

Match 4: Away to Marinhense

Well travelling to my biggest challenger, still with the lack of a striker it was never going to be easy, my only real hope was to stop them scoring and hope I could steal one.

At Marinhense 1-2 (HT: 1-1)

Goals: Souza (45)

A good effort by the boys, but a serious worry as now I am 3 points behind them and have to win at home to guarantee that I will not be relegated, these relegation playoffs are really harsh. I cannot believe that coming 7th & 8th results in Marinhense and myself battling for a relegation spot. Stupid Portuguese just have the most bizarre rules, at least we now know where the south Americans get it from.

Table after 4

1st Marinhense  4-0-0  9   3  12
[b]2nd Alcobaca    3-0-1  9   2   9[/b]
[color=Red]3rd Avanca      1-0-3  3   5   3 (R)
4th Esmoriz     0-0-4  3  10   0 (R)[/color]

2nd Place Table

[b]1st Alcobaca     3-0-1  9   2   9

[/b]3rd Vianense     2-1-1  7   6   7
4th E.Portalegre 2-0-2  6   6   6
[color=Red]5th R.Massama    2-0-2  7   5   6(R)[/color]

Well a disgraceful loss to Marinhense as our team dominated them, hopefully it is a good sign for our trip home as we have our reserve striker back next game which is at home to Marinhense. gladly we are still 3 points clear of relegation, its all way too close though.

Wish me luck boys.

Razer82 - Real Oviedo - Spanish LIGA Adelante - 2011/2012

Media Prediction: 22nd

Final Position: 14th

Spanish Cup: 3rd Round - Lost to Malaga 1-0

Team Stats

Transfers

With such an awful media prediction I was expecting us to be outclassed in every match, but the turned out not to be the case. We were able to dominate a fair few games. Even beating 3rd placed Elche 4-0 at home at one point.

Even though we were able to compete, we still made hard work of the season, having a run of 4 defeats towards the end of the year that could have left us dangerously close to the relegation zone. Our survival was eventually confirmed with just 2 games remaining and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. Another difficult season over.

We entered the cup in the Second round, which was ironically as far as the board expected us to go, and managed a slim 1-0 win over rivals Sporting. In the 3rd round, a close game with Malaga went to extra time where we were on the wrong side of a late goal.

Top scorers this year were Alvaro and Chando but I'm concerned that the step up in leagues may be slightly too much for them, but we'll have to wait till next year to confirm that. Garmendia and Luis still performed well and are still subject to lots of transfer speculation from teams across Europe but I'm hoping that new contracts with high release fees will help me keep hold of them.

Aims for next season:

Top Half Finish

A decent cup run

Hold onto my core players

I tell you what keeping the squad harmony bar over 50% has become my biggest problem since we won the title over 2 years ago. I have so many players unhappy for so many various reasons, its so frustrating. Guess this old quote was right after all:

Money can't buy you love!!

:(

Champions League Qual 1st Leg

vs Barcelona (h)

The damn Olympics have completely ruined my squad for this crucial game. 4 players are there playing for Italy. Cilona is suspended. Blixt, Badini and Fabrizi are injured :eek:. I have no team!!! Thankfully I could field a full strength defence which gives me some hope of remaining in the tie at least. I had no RM so young Savona born and transfer listed Andrea Terenzi was brought in. I didn't have a single LM in the whole club available so versatile LB/RB Daniele Adani was forced to play there. A makeshift CM partnership of young Scot Sean Shaw and unhappy Turk Ali Gul were thrown in together. Kumar and Rotunno led the line. It was certainly going to be tough out there.

First chance was ours but Terenzi's header went just over. On the 8th minute ex-Bari CM Manuel Colucci latched onto a pull back and placed the ball home for a vital away goal. Plenty of pressure from Barca so I went more attacking. Kumar then Rotunno both had a half chance each before home grown Andrea Terenzi rose at the back post to nod in his first ever goal for Savona in his first ever appearance!! Immediately Barca came back but Lguori made a great save off Flores. Half time and we were level. What a game it had been so far too!

The first big chance after half time fell to Rotunno who smashed Terenzi's pull back onto the cross bar, so unlucky. On 60 mins Rotunno was felled and taken off injured. The Finn Hannu Jalonen came on. Ali Gul had a decent free kick fly just over with 10 to go as it looked as if the game was going to peter out. However Ricki Kumar had other ideas as he rose tallest to power a header home on 81mins, sending us 2-1 up!! 10 mins to hold on...

And that's how it stayed as we closed out the game fantastically!! So proud of this mix and match team....do we have a new hero in the shape of Andrea Terenzi!?

2nd leg coming your way soon :D

Something doesn't want me playing this challenge. Yet again my save file has corrupted :mad: I'm very mad seeing i had gotten to the quarters of the Portuguese Cup (though i was going to play Porto, so that's where it was going to end)

Maybe a sign i need to focus on one challenge. I'll be back after my Gundo's save has gotten somewhere.

Good result Iacovone, not a bad reserve team you've got there!

Good season Razer, the media prediction not changing is something i've noticed too, the same has just happened with me and Castel San Pietro in our second season in Serie B.

Best of luck with getting promotion Lordmeister.

Champions League Qual Leg 2

vs Barcelona (a)

So we take a 2-1 lead to the Nou Camp which sets the tie up well for the neutral. I think we're going to need a goal in Spain to qualify. Thankfully the Olympics have finished, meaning the return of a number of key players for us. Liguori has a virus and will be out for this so young keeper Fabio Ambrosio comes in for a huge test of his mettle. The defence and forward line remain the same as the 1st leg but we have a completely new middle 4 come in. Raffa(LM), Bertolucci(CM), Cilona(CM)and Maggio(RM) come in.

The game itself was very tight from the off with no-one giving away any major chances. The first goalscoring chance came the way of new signing Bertolucci who broke into the box well but saw his shot rebound back off the post. Unlucky. Minutes later we were 1-0 down - Pazzi with an unstoppable 30 yard free kick! We responded well and LM Raffa embarked on a mazy run that led to him smashing the ball against the post too. The game continued its end to end pattern and Cristofari was the beneficiary of another long shot, this time a 30 yarder finding the other top corner. We were 2-0 down.

Half time meant we changed to a more attacking formation. Bertolucci had a second chance blocked as we came out fighting. But with 30 minutes remaining and no real sign of a goal I threw on young Andrea Terenzi - could he be a hero again!? Minutes later Bertolucci was hacked down in the box...NO penalty :mad:. All out attack and with 7mins to go we hit the bar! PLEASE........!!!!

3mins to go Rotunno rolls his man and is one on one in the box...surely....SAVED :mad:. I don't believe it. 1min to go...another penalty shout...denied!! And with that it was all over......:(

No Champions League again and I'm absolutely gutted.

Uefa Cup Group Draw:

Savona, Stabaek, Austria Wien and Werder Bremen.

Of the starting Uefa Cup teams the danger names look to be Liverpool, Chelsea and Inter. Of course we'll have the CL drop outs after the group stage too.

Barakaldo, they came 4th in B4, hopefully i can get a win... after the tension of those penalties... i think i deserve a win :O lol

EDIT: We just came from 1-0 behind to win the first leg 1-3 away from home, so we have the away goals advantage for the second leg

Archived