JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

Uefa Cup Update

Liverpool (h)

Well we may have lost the match but we have progressed through to the Quarter Finals of the Uefa Cup. We lost the game 1-0 but really should have scored after creating numerous clear cut chances. Bottom line is that we're through...now who will we play on our route to the final (fingers crossed!). R.Madrid, Chelsea and Inter remain in the competition.

EDIT: New page \o/

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so apparently if we're gonna win the Uefa Cup we will have to beat the best. We've been paired with Real Madrid in the Quarter Finals :rolleyes:

However if we win we will face either Villarreal or Basel.

Full draw:

Groningen vs Chelsea

R.Madrid vs Savona

Inter vs Benfica

Villarreal vs Basel

Uefa Cup Update

Liverpool (h)

Well we may have lost the match but we have progressed through to the Quarter Finals of the Uefa Cup. We lost the game 1-0 but really should have scored after creating numerous clear cut chances. Bottom line is that we're through...now who will we play on our route to the final (fingers crossed!). R.Madrid, Chelsea and Inter remain in the competition.

EDIT: New page \o/

Damn you nicked the new page :thdn:

Ok so apparently if we're gonna win the Uefa Cup we will have to beat the best. We've been paired with Real Madrid in the Quarter Finals :rolleyes:

However if we win we will face either Villarreal or Basel.

Full draw:

Groningen vs Chelsea

R.Madrid vs Savona

Inter vs Benfica

Villarreal vs Basel

a tough draw but i reckon you will win 3-2 on agregate

Messina 2011-2012 update

League: 1st

Cup: lost 6-0 to Milan in the 1st round

Well what can i say an amazing season as we romp our way to a 3rd sucessive League title. Winning the league by 8 points after we had overcome a deficit of 15 points as Ascoli season fell apart.

The key Men

Gk Soichiro Shibuya Although he didn't keep many clean sheets he made some fantastic saves that kept usin the hunt.

DL Vasco Regini Mr Consistent was immense throughout the year his maraudering runs where key factor that allowed todorv to cut inside.

DC Carlos Valdez A rock in the centre of our defense a great season from the south American

DC Mathis Pietri A solid season from Mathis a good prospect

MC Tine what can i say this guy kepps defining brilliance the one of the main reasons for our sucess

MC Luca Berardocco Backup for Croce until he left in january this guy through the guantlet down claiming the CM spot as his own.

MR Ekani his assists were crucial to our sucsess

ML Tsvetomir Todorov utter brilliance from the young lad not as prolific as previous seasons but he has improved his game drasitically

ST Olexandr Kalinichenko Well this kid is something special

New signings

ST Roland Lamah Scorer of 25 league goals in 30 ligue une apearences a brilliant signing for us

DC Isaac Vorsah Hopefully he can be the new rock in our defence

Hot prospects

MC Franco Ennas i have high hopes for Ennas

MC Salucci

Aims for next season

.Mid table finish

.improve squad

.sign some more regens

.and most importantly enjoy myself

Can we make it 4 in 4 i doubt it but you never know

Max are you on FM08 or 09, I can't remember?

You won the league by a big margin in the end, good work :thup:

Kalinichenko looks special. As does Ennas. It'll be interesting to see how you cope in Serie A. What tactics are you playing?

LordMeister - there is hope! With any luck you'll build on that and get a run going :)

Max are you on FM08 or 09, I can't remember?

You won the league by a big margin in the end, good work :thup:

Kalinichenko looks special. As does Ennas. It'll be interesting to see how you cope in Serie A. What tactics are you playing?

LordMeister - there is hope! With any luck you'll build on that and get a run going :)

442 attacking tweked using TT& F guide and i am 09

Liverpool have 15 Italians in their squad!! And only 10 Englishmen - not that realistic really is it? Gonna have to give them a heavy beating for that...

LOL

-----------------------------------------
| Team |Pos|Pld|Won|Drn|Lst|For|Ag|GD|Pts|
Messina| 1 | 34| 21|  7|  6| 67|41|26| 70|
Verona | 2 | 35| 20|  5| 10| 59|40|19| 65|
Ascoli | 3 | 35| 20|  5|  9| 70|43|27| 65|
Chievo | 4 | 34| 18|  9|  7| 50|29|21| 63|
Bologna| 5 | 35| 17|  9|  9| 61|42|19| 60| 
Siena  | 6 | 35| 16| 10|  9| 56|42|14| 58|
Treviso| 7 | 35| 17|  7| 11| 49|36|13| 58|

Congratulations on promotion Max. A shame to see some of those clubs in Serie B though.

Cheers NotWordsButDeeds whos your seasoncoming along

Only played the Serie C Coppa (2nd in table) and first two league games; got beat in them but we didn't disgrace ourselves and I remain hopeful LOL - we're just hoping for survival this year.

In your save it was nice to see Bologna and Chievo go up, but Livorno slipped to the 3rd tier :-(

that is my name, correct ;) good on you for not using the search option too. can't say i'm brave enough not to try it!!

Honestly mate, you should try it; once you have you won't go back. You get used to it straight away and, for me anyway, it's great for game emersion - feel much more like a manager LOL.

Nice job max. Good luck in Serie A. :)

iacovone and I have more competition now for the first person to complete the challenge... :(

I've resigned myself to not finishing it first but that's ok - don't think I've ever been so in love with a file on FM in all my 'career' :D. As someone said earlier, game immersion is so key to the enjoyment of these long term games. I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I'm so into it that I constantly recognise the big names round the world, the players I nearly signed, the managers I dislike, everything! Its great.

Real Madrid away coming right up...c'mon Savona :thup:

Uefa Cup Quarter Final 1st Leg:

R.Madrid (a)

Well I think this result is what the experts would call "comprehensive"! 3-0 away at the Bernabeu, a result that will near enough send us to the Semi Finals. Everyone's favourite New Zealander Ricki Kumar got us underway with a beautifully placed shot. Diego Cardozo made it 2 right before half time. Then on 60 minutes ex-Savonisti Luigi Mandelli brought down Blixt for a penalty - expertly tucked away by Captain and Savona legend Tommaso Cilona. Job done. They were awful to be fair. But job done nonetheless :)

Great job iacovone. :thup:

Now if I can beat Real Madrid away for once...

:D

In even better news, it appears that Ricki Kumar may finally be coming-good! He's been given an extended run in the side due to my current distaste for Riccardo Rotunno's underperformance and he has thrived. He has 4 in his last 6 now which though not incredible, is fairly astonishing when you look at his overall record at Savona. Keep it up!

Uefa Cup Quarter Final Leg 2

Real Madrid (h)

Well we lost the match 1-0 but had done more than enough in the first leg to ensure we progressed. Unfortunately in the last couple of games we've picked up a couple of injuries. Hopefully they won't disrupt us too much!

Anyway the qualifiers were:

Savona

Inter

Chelsea

Basel

That means we get the Swiss. Result. Although a quick check shows they are useful and the Swiss national team are actually 4th in the World. So perhaps this will be tougher than it looks on paper. I think I'd rather have Chelsea if we get to the final, although we're unbeaten against Inter in two games vs them this season. In actuality I don't really care who we get :thup:

Devastating news. World Class RB Roberto Pecoraro (signed for £24m two years ago) is out for virtually the rest of the season. He has strained his knee ligaments and will be gone for 5/6 weeks. There is a slim chance he could make it back in time for either the Italian or Uefa Cup finals if we get there. Here's hoping :thup:

This season, it seems my squad looks weaker than years past. It's still early though. And it's not Colin Welch's fault. Our defense doesn't look that strong as years past. :(

I'll try and figure it out tomorrow...

Same happened to me after we came 5th IIRC. Came 14th next year, it really can be frustrating building a team in the top divisions.

FWIW just beat Juve 4-2 on aggregate to make our 2nd ever Italian Cup Final. We're going to face our 2021 opponents Roma, who got the better of us that time. C'mon REVENGE :D.

great results iacovone... although i've already beaten Real Madrid.... ;) Really feel you'll win it this season. i also agree on game 'immersion'

Oviedo going into their last 4 league games and are back in Euro contention!! \ o / unfortunately still got Barca and Real to play... :(

great results iacovone... although i've already beaten Real Madrid.... ;) Really feel you'll win it this season. i also agree on game 'immersion'

Oviedo going into their last 4 league games and are back in Euro contention!! \ o / unfortunately still got Barca and Real to play... :(

I've got a feeling you'll beat one of them at least rlipscombe. Are they home or away games?

vs Basel we are playing them at home first meaning we need to keep a clean sheet. We've also lost our last two home Uefa Cup games so on a personal note I'll be expecting us to win it!

In the Champions League its looking like it'll be a Roma vs Arsenal final at this rate. Roma stunned unbeaten in the league AC Milan, destroying them 3-1 at the San Siro. Arsenal beat Sporting 1-0 in Portugal so its looking as if they're on their way to another final.

Not happy. We may have won the Uefa Cup Semi Final 4-1 on aggregate after a 1-1 draw in Switzerland but Pietro Giannini (remember him? £30m CB) got sent off!! Absolutely no need to given that we were comfortably going through but his unprofessionalism has led to him missing the Uefa Cup Final :thdn:

EDIT: We have Chelsea in the Final after they went through on the away goals rule against Inter Milan. Bring it on!!

EDIT 2: Chelsea finished runners up in the Champions League last season :eek:. As I've said we really will have to beat the best to do this.....

I've got a feeling you'll beat one of them at least rlipscombe. Are they home or away games?

iacovone, you are a genius!! Just beat Barcelona 2-1 at the Carlos Tartiere!! :eek::D means we beat Barca AND Real Madrid at home in our debut La Liga season.... :cool:

One game to go, away at Osasuna.....

Its going to be a thrilling end to the Serie A season. (Not for me though, 4th is all but guaranteed).

Milan just lost their first game of the season to 2nd placed Napoli 2-0. Napoli are now 3 points behind with a game in hand. They have 4 games, Milan have 3 - one of which is at home to us. I'd love to see Napoli win the title...

EDIT: Here comes the Italian Cup Final. Wish me luck....

Italian Cup Final

vs Roma (N) - (or not seeing as 'neutral' is the Olimpico, their home stadium :rolleyes:...FIX!!)Team News: Emanuele Moroni the our LB wonderkid is suspended so will miss the cup final, shame for the young lad. Alessio Bartoli comes in at LB for him. We still have long term injuries to Pecoraro and Badini meaning Daniel Adani (young RB) starts. The front 2 are Kumar and Rotunno (who has hit form). Bertolucci just got the nod in AMC over Cardozo, both are playing well so it came down to the better condition of Bertolucci.

1st Half:

The first half was largely tame, with only a few half chances springing up for both teams. Bertolucci came closest for us witha decent drive tipped over. We were controlling the game but were caught out on the counter - Saivet getting down the right wing and crossing for Fornoni - Roma's main man to smash home right on the stroke of halftime. 1-0 but not deserved in my eyes. We ended the half having 60% of the possession.

2nd Half:

I made one change, taking off Bertolucci (5.9) for Cardozo but kept the formation the same. Unfortunately we were up against the best defence in Italy and it showed. Despite our possession remaining far higher than theirs we just could not break them down. Our best chance fell to Rotunno in the 89th minute who collected the ball on the edge of the box following a corner, spun and smashed it through the crowd. Luckily for Roma it was straight at keeper Crocca who tipped it over. As we went all out attack in the final few minutes we were caught on the break once more and conceded a final goal. 2-0 to Roma in the end. :(

Another Cup Final defeat for us. (well 2 out of 2 anyway).

Hope we can turn it around in the Uefa.

So we have Sampdoria (h) in the league then 4 days later face Chelsea in the Uefa Cup Final. I've gone for a reasonably strong team against Sampa believing that we need to bounce back with a win before Chelsea.

In Serie A, Napoli kept up the pressure on Milan by beating Inter away 1-0. That means they are now top based on the results between teams rule. Very exciting end to the year on all fronts

Archived