JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloomin' heck - started off the cup with a great win against Serie C1 opposition! :thup:

EDIT: followed up by a draw, away to another C1 team! They only equalised through an offside injury time goal. GRRRR!

EDIT EDIT: closely followed by a league victory, away to division favourites Pistoiese - a match including 10 minutes of injury time! I have to say it was a fortunate 3 points, but I'm sure we'll get our share of bad luck at sometime too.

Alright then folks, 10 games gone in spain 2B3 as CD Denia and my team is currently lying 6th, which aint too bad, as were only a point away from the play off spots. Sergio Mesa is banging them in, and Manuel Vale is playing well in defence. Im still struggling with finances though, my avg attendace is 460!

I have some decent players though, and have just signed a D/ML , Sergio Asorey however he wont be eligible till January (thank you Spanish FA)

Is anyone more knowledgeable than me on how the Leage structure of the lower divisions works in Spain? Do you qualify for the LGA Adelante from one of the 4 feeder divisions (2B)?

Alright then folks, 10 games gone in spain 2B3 as CD Denia and my team is currently lying 6th, which aint too bad, as were only a point away from the play off spots. Sergio Mesa is banging them in, and Manuel Vale is playing well in defence. Im still struggling with finances though, my avg attendace is 460!

I have some decent players though, and have just signed a D/ML , Sergio Asorey however he wont be eligible till January (thank you Spanish FA)

Is anyone more knowledgeable than me on how the Leage structure of the lower divisions works in Spain? Do you qualify for the LGA Adelante from one of the 4 feeder divisions (2B)?

Its a confusing qualification process, first, all the teams 2nd-4th (12 teams) are drawn against each other, whist the 4 1st placed teams are drawn against each other, same process is repeated for 2nd round, except that the losing 1st place teams are drawn into the 2nd-4th place draw. can't remember what the third round was though :S

buit once you get through that, you do go up to the LIGA Adalante

Safely into the UEFA Cup group stages with a 2-0 hoome win, to make it 6-1 on aggregate. We were seeded 4th for the draw, and we will play Roma, Anderlecht and Roda JC. Not the worst group ever. We shall see.

Haha I meant Rlips, you were just the smartass who responded to me :p

unlike iacovone, i haven't had millions and millions thrown at the club.... ;) And it's my first european season.... :rolleyes::D

hope the laptops are sorted soon guys.

unlike iacovone, i haven't had millions and millions thrown at the club.... ;) And it's my first european season.... :D

hope the laptops are sorted soon guys.

To be fair, for my team, most of my millions were thrown by the fans, clueless sponsors, and teams who had no idea what they were getting for their $5 million investment. :D

Well after finishing dafuges challenge I've been doing this challenge for the last little bit. Started as Alcala in the Spanish leagues. Not knowing much about Spanish football is killing me a bit, as I don't even know the teams to fear in the various leagues!

My first season was very up and down or down and up I should say. We couldn't get a result for the better part of the first half of the season and were sitting in relegation and expecting that I was going down the whole time. However, a signing of Isaac on defense saved me and with his help we ended up winning a relegation playoff to stay afloat.

The second season was as good as I could have imagined finished 1st in our league...but then with injuries mounting to key players a terrible 6-3 loss to Mirandes in the playoff semi-final saw our promotion hopes dashed.

Frustrated but not down the third season wasn't as good as the 2nd but we still took 1st in the last game of the season. Then for the playoffs...I was really nervous at this stage, had the butterflies in my stomach almost cause at this point I was getting scared I would be sacked if we didn't go up..We were drawn against Ejido in the semi finals...and the media predicted easy victories for them...(yikes). True to form we were outplayed in our home game in a 2-1 loss, and I almost had packed it in for another season in the bottom leagues. But out of nowhere in the away leg an unbelievable display of goaltending by Jorge Zaparain gave us a 2-0 win! The final was drawn and we would be playing Alcoyano. Unlike the semi-final the boys were pumped up on the backs of our goaltender and came through with a 3-0 win in the home leg. I figured I would play an extremely defensive tactic to ensure promotion in the away leg. Unfortunately, with my players used to playing an attacking style we couldn't cope with their attack and fell 2-0 in the first half. So it was time for all or nothing, I brought on a 2nd striker and said that's it we're going for it. It took just 4 minutes to score in my mind the goal that would give us our promotion, and that would be the only goal of the half and up we went!

My 4th season was what I was worried about not knowing how quickly the competition gets upgraded in Spain I had no idea what to expect. An early season run which included a 6-1 win over Eibar propelled us into the promotion spots after a couple months...Of course I was ecstatic as all my players were in top form and as I soon found out were playing over their heads...It started innocent enough a 2-0 loss to Ponferradina, which was expected by the pundits anyways. Unfortunately this was followed by our Spanish cup 4th round draw of Zaragoza....which we easily lost 2-0 as well. This began my biggest run of defeats ever playing this game...7 more games lost in a row including the 2nd leg of our Cup with Zaragoza. Luckily many of top clubs were defeating the mid-table clubs and we only fell to a final position of 9th, which I was extremely proud of.

I'm now in season 5, and it's been a struggle all season long. We haven't caught form never winning more than 2 games in a row, and we are sitting in 20th in the LIGA BBVA after 14 matches. I'm ****ed because I spent the better part of my transfer budget acquiring Yassine Jebbour who I had scouted in our match with Ponferradina in seasons past. He looks to be quite the player but is not performing at all :(

Anyways, even with the bad form I have not come under pressure even at this stage, so it appears the board was pretty happy with my promotion up at least for now!

logo_CorriereDelloSport.jpg

After a good start in the league we fell to the relegation play-off spots, so I'm hoping we can get a few players in during the brief winter break to help out a bit. We won the cup group but went out in the next round to Pro Vercelli.

The takeover finally went through in December, with a director taking over. Then the new chairman announced a link with Fiorentina, but they've not sent us any players yet.

Aguiree was replaced at Inter with Wenger, Bento took over Portugal, and Di Francesco took over at Toro.

Winter League

Serie C Cup group

Good luck everyone :thup:

good luck notwordsbutdeeds. Do a loan report on Fiorentina and see who'll come on loan. Hopefully you can get a few players.

We've just won 1-0 away in Holland against Roda JC. :)

Thanks for the advice mate - because I'm not used to lower leagues I never use that feature and forgot all about it LOL. There was a few players and I brought in a DR; he's currently not as good as my first choice but has potential and is out of contract at the end of the year, so I'll use the time to have a look at him.

Every confidence in you going through in Europe, you even got a result away to Roma :thup:

Lucky, rlipscombe. :p

I just happen to have Casillas's replacement on the national team...:D

And Javier - YP4 of course. :)

And bunch of other internationals, Turks, Americans, Canadians, Gabonians... :D

Think I'll probably head back to Spain from Malaysia this week...

Lucky, rlipscombe.

I just happen to have Casillas's replacement on the national team...:D

And Javier - YP4 of course. :)

And bunch of other internationals, Turks, Americans, Canadians, Gabonians... :D

Think I'll probably head back to Spain from Malaysia this week...

i do have full internationals too you know!! ;) got Colombian, Icelandic, Ukranian, Norweigen and Irish internationals too. and a number of my young spaniards will be future full internationals...

AARRGGHHH :mad:

Getting back into contention and showing title winning form since christmas. Then my GK, a great signing in the winter window (8 clean sheets and 3 conceded in 11 games), is out for the remainder of the season.

Next game we get absolutely robbed away to San Marino, who are a few places above us, with my back-up GK letting me down.

Saving and switching off now, before my stress levels get any higher! LOL

AARRGGHHH :mad:

Getting back into contention and showing title winning form since christmas. Then my GK, a great signing in the winter window (8 clean sheets and 3 conceded in 11 games), is out for the remainder of the season.

Next game we get absolutely robbed away to San Marino, who are a few places above us, with my back-up GK letting me down.

Saving and switching off now, before my stress levels get any higher! LOL

probably best..... :)

logo_CorriereDelloSport.jpg

Season 09/10

league position: 8th

media prediction: 14th

serie c coppa: 1st round

top scorer: Masini 7

best player: Ingiosi 7.09

average attendance: 2060

profit/loss: -£64,186

We opened the campaign well, had a sticky October-November-December, then picked up quite a bit from there with the help of a few signings. Struggled for goals all year but were quite good at the back; that's the norm for my tactics.

A few things of note were a young 16 year old defender scoring on his debut, a new quickest goal, and my wingers featuring well in the dribbles chart (another feature of my tactics).

Roma won the Scudetto, as well as an all Italian Champions League final, beating Inter on penalties. The World Cup is getting played just now, I'll edit with the winner when it's known. Italy went out in the 2nd round to Australia, on penalties.

best 11

fixtures a & b

summary a, b, c, d

transfers

EDIT: in the final of the world cup, Spain beat Argentina on penalties. Lippi was sacked by Italy and replaced with Mancini, Domenech was replaced with Puel, and Scolari was replaced by Luxemburgo.

Right then 31 games gone of the season as CD Denia and sitting a healthy 5th, and unbeaten in 15 games!! At the minute it is W17 D7 L7, quite an incredible run though.

Hopefully the play offs beckon, however have been drawing too many matches. Another word of note is that I havent been favourites for any matches this year, is that because my prediction for the media is 16th?

Ive also got a few injuries, Sergio Mesa my top scorer with 21 goals is out for a month, and Juan Manual Viale my best player, (dc/dmc) wants to leave, not good news at all.

On the financial front, my balance is like 2k, and im still over my wage budget by £700, but the chairman is so tight, feel like slapping him.

Comments and advice would be appreciated in helping my finances, however my board are delighted with my performance apart from that.

kashmirshazad - with regards to finances, my advice would be as follows. first, any youth players who aren't any good i'd tie to a part-time deal for as little money for as short a time as possible. That way they won't burden you in wages for anywhere near as long. with regards to wages, i'd look at shipping out a few squad players and replacing them with loanees whose wages you don't pay. that way you'll keep the squad numbers with a reduced wage bill. in an ideal world you want completely your own squad, but in the short term i tend to go down this route. finally, i'd look to sign promising players who you can sell on at a profit. i'm still doing that in La Liga with Oviedo with regards to squad players. Sign them young, give them a few years in the youth team, and then try and make a bit in transfer fees. obviously you need to ensure you recoup the money spent in wages doing this!!

hope some of this helps a little.

Thanks ripscombe chap, I havent got a budget to sign anyone at the minute, not even frees, however hopefully that should change in the summer. Thing with loans is that i requested a parent club, and board refused it,

You can still pick up loans from the transfer market, reasonable ones at that. I'd make sure you scout them though.

As Richard said, I quickly found the qay to go was 'a team' then 'fillers' on loan who could maybe do a job if required.

Anyone you do take on fulltime you want to really make sure they can do a job for you. In an ideal situation a player who can handle a step up in division, and one who's got potential for a later sale.

Quick update, going into season 2.

Very pleased with the players I got in, including the DR I had on loan from Fiorentina, who signed after his club didn't renew his contract. Quite a few players who were out of contract look good, but I didn't sign anyone from the trial day.

I'm optimistic about reaching a play-off slot (famous last words!), although I have a media prediction of 10th. The Serie C cup saw average performances from us, but I do have a number of players out, four or five including my two DCs.

I had two unsuccessful requests in a row for a parent team, and Fiorentina sent me a diddy, but I did get a very good DC after asking for a loan report (thanks Richard LOL).

Off we go again. Fuller report at Christmas. Good luck everyone.

Archived