JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got news that Monsanto are finally moving from our 1000 capacity stadium into the brand new purpose built Monsanto Stadium at the end of next season ! Now I have to try and find 26,000 fans to fill it ! :) :)

Just got news that Monsanto are finally moving from our 1000 capacity stadium into the brand new purpose built Monsanto Stadium at the end of next season ! Now I have to try and find 26,000 fans to fill it ! :) :)

that's quite an increase... should do wonders for finances. :thup:

im not sure when updates are expected, but i thought i would put up a picture of my summer signings. i managed to get Sevilla as my parent team, and so 3/4 of their professional under 19s now play for me on loan. my favourite of the lot of them:Diogenes Laguardia

however, my main reason for this is to show this. 2 games into the league season (lost them both, 5-2 away and 2-3 at home), and i have 12 players injured or just recovered from injury. i'm fully patched up, and didnt have anything this bad even on the Demo. not im just glad i got rid of my physio with a physio rating of 5 and got one in with rating 17. oh well, i shall carry on, as ive just realised that this is the first time i have managed outside of the Premier League

I have noticed this as well. 9.0 injuries were shocking, 9.1 & 9.2 they were definitely better, now in 9.3 they are horrendous again, though they have cut back since I made my training pre season only of a medium level...But seriously I have 3 strikers injured, 1 out for 11months, 1 out for 2 months and the third out for 8 weeks...

9.1 & 9.2 they were definitely better

Man, it sure doesn't seem like it!

My first 16 league games my first choice striker (I only play with one up) has managed three games, his back-up has managed 8! The rest - a no hoper in the reserves and a 16yo :( I had high hopes for this season too; still clinging on to the pack though.

i can't comment on 9.3.0 as i'm still on 9.2.0. didn't want to jeopardise my game if started to go wrong. however, i'm going through a v. bad injury crisis at moment so maybe these things just happen....

Out of interest, what improvements does 9.3.0 actually bring in your opinion??

Out of interest, what improvements does 9.3.0 actually bring in your opinion??

If you want to include Italy in your save in any way, you really don't want 9.3!!

Co-ownership deals between AI clubs are just CRAZY! Like a £25m deal, then another club buying both halves for £3m - things like that. Just crazy.

Even if you only play in England or Spain, the Italian clubs aren't going to challenge in Europe for long because their finances are messed up with co-ownerships.

Soon as I found that out I went straight back to 9.2

Hmm Now no choosing Fafe or Casa Pia :)

Imortal are a good looking club (Played there in 08) I have now played 7 of my 9 friendlies in season 1. Slowly getting through it and finding my attacking tactic works better than anything else, no matter who I am playing.

I'll try find another team with an awesome name. I made a tactic in my FC United save so I'm gonna try that in this save.

Well, what I thought was going to be an awful season is now over.

In the summer of 2010, my lowly Eivissa, in just their 2nd ever Liga Adelante season, side boosted by a top prospect youngster, Alberto Nalvarez who came through the (non-existant) youth academy.

There were a couple of additions to bolster the squad, namely Gregory Coupet, Andre Ooijer, Arturo Lopez (some random Spanish left winger) and a good passing midfielder Garrenos joined, and a talented prospect AMC Sergio and AMR Pablo from Castilla, leaving me with a lineup of:

GK - Coupet (free)

DL - Some random 38 year old

DC - Andre Ooijer (free)

DC - David Belenguer (signed from Getafe, free)

DR - Jean Babin (free)

DMC - Jose Manuel Rial (original squad player)

MC - Cubillo (free)

MC - Alberto Nalvarez (wonderkid)

AML - Juan Carlos (original squad player)

AMR - Jerry Kangmang (original squad player)

SC - Jabuti (pacey striker from Marbella, scored 17 in 23 last season to keep me up)

The season started brightly, with the pacey youngster Nalvarez scoring 5 in 10 games and Jabuti adding a similar tally, to leave me 7th place and only 3 points from 3rd in November.

However bad luck struck, with Nalvarez breaking his foot after only 11 appearances and disappearing for the rest of the season, with further injuries to key players damaging progress. After a gruelling season I finished 14th on 50 points, some 27 away from promotion but also 16 away from relegation. The latter half of the season was a mixture of defeats and draws, but with 35 points amassed by January it turns out I was safe already. Jabuti was once again my best player, netting 15 in 33 apps, but the ageing centre-back David Belenguer proved his worth and there was some good progress by my right/centre back Babin, who now has 14 tackling, 15 marking and 15 heading, which helps. Kangmang also cemented his place in the squad in a largely disappointing season for my midfielders.

The summer has bought better news, the clubs bank balance being healthy at £8m (as I've never been able to spend a single penny due to lack of interest!) and a third flight of 2nd tier football and the club has turned professional, and announced investment into youth and training facilities!

The impact of this has opened up a whole new route for player signings, with a whole host of South American talent now interested in joining! But with a budget of 'only' £6m, free agent signings will be the way forward.

Transfers in so far:

DC - Francisco Pavon (free)

AMRLC - Sebastian Blanco (Lanus - £3.5m)

AMC - Guti (free)

FC - Uruguayan striker (32ish can't remember his name)

With my young midfielders Sergio, Nalvarez and Pablo a year better, accompanied by the experience of Guti, and explosiveness of Blanco, I am hoping to finish comfortably in the top half, and with any luck push for promotion!

lukearts - going professional will help a lot. this could be a big season for you now. good luck next season. you do like youre experienced players don't you!!

chelsea4lyf - Louletano sounds pretty good. or B.C. Branco - tenuously sounds like BA Baracas....

Decent enough start with Sachsen Leipzig, winning my first two league matches, albeit by 1-0 both times.

wins are wins though!! i'd take a 1-0 win every week.... (probably not true that as every match would be VERY tense!!)

lukearts - going professional will help a lot. this could be a big season for you now. good luck next season. you do like youre experienced players don't you!!

chelsea4lyf - Louletano sounds pretty good. or B.C. Branco - tenuously sounds like BA Baracas....

Too late I already started. Please forgive me Des :(

Screw it. I'm back to my Oviedo game. Hopefully I can get a UEFA Cup spot so my finances go up. I have no idea how to make it go up. I don't want to sell my key players because I won't be able to find cheaper replacements. Anyone got any idea?

Lots of friendlies against top teams in the off season. But that can only do as much, you basically need to qualify for the Champions league for big finances to come you way tbh.

Chelsea seriously the way to correct finances is to keep checking the scout pages searching "Expired" or "Unattached" from July 1 til Dec 31st, and then adding in "Expiring" in Jan, and just keep your scouts looking as well, believe me you will find some players of equal quality on a free somewhere else, so bring them in (Make sure they are coming first) and then sell off the expensive douche's in your squad. My Fafe squad was losing money even in the UEFA cup, and I played AC Milan, only way I was staying afloat at 4th in the Liga Sagres was by selling 3-4 players a season and replacing them with younger stars.

i'm trying to raise my finances by looking to seel one 'star' every season. currently it's working as i'm either signing or promoting great youth to cover for them. seriously, buying youth players and flogging for cash is the way to go.....

It could be because the price is going up the better you are hence less people buy them. I know it seems weird that they go down, but its not really a surprise to me. The season you got promoted you had won the previous season. It dropped to 7800 because they didn't expect you to do very well, and then you finished 11th and thats not winning so it dropped further, they still think you might fail so not coming back. I dunno just like writing long pointless posts :)

It could be because the price is going up the better you are hence less people buy them. I know it seems weird that they go down, but its not really a surprise to me. The season you got promoted you had won the previous season. It dropped to 7800 because they didn't expect you to do very well, and then you finished 11th and thats not winning so it dropped further, they still think you might fail so not coming back. I dunno just like writing long pointless posts :)

Well hopefully I get more next season. I'm in the UEFA Cup spots (after 2 games). ;)

I do! It is quite worrying how old my squad is, I have 3 39 year olds in my starting lineup and one 37 year old on the bench. The good news is that I've got some good young players lurking behind them, with 2 18 year olds, 1 19 year old and 1 20 year old probably less than a season away from earning 4 of my 5 midfield spots. The great thing about these old players is I'm only paying them about £1-2k per week on one season contracts. Should I have a successful season I will hopefully be in a position to clear them all out and replace with younger players.

I'll see how it looks in January and make decisions based on that, but I'll be looking for a long-term goalkeeper and a couple of centre-backs next summer, hopefully on frees.

My current lineup is:

GK - Gregory Coupet (39) / Hillenbrand (31)

DL - Antonio Lopez (39) / Ali Kildirim (21)

DC - David Belenguer (39) / Juan Rial (30)

DC - Francisco Pavon (31) / Andre Ooijer (37)

DR - Jean Babin (25)

MC - Guti (34) / Jesus Maria (18)

MC - Sebastian Blanco (23)

MC - Cubillo (33) / Sergio (19)

AML - Juan Carlos (34) / Nalvarez (18)

AMR - Miguel Falcon (30) / Pablo (19)

FC: Ivan Alonso (32) / Jabuti (27)

Man there are some serious flaws in the match engine. When I say closing down always on a player in my OI, I mean close the player down ASAP. My players never seem to be listening to that....

Oh and also my keeper seems to handle short range shots but can never save long range shots...

Finding a good dirt cheap keeper is impossible.

Man there are some serious flaws in the match engine. When I say closing down always on a player in my OI, I mean close the player down ASAP. My players never seem to be listening to that...

Maybe their individual player instructions is contradicting to what you set in the OI, making them a very confused bunch.

End of season report

Finished my first season (pretty soon wasn't it), with the league table looking like this. Decently pleased with my first season, although with a little bit more luck, I could have won the league. Injuries to all but one striker in February dented our progress a bit.

First season's overview

And to those interested, a few more screenies of :

My squad

Transfers

Personal

Aiming to stay in the second division next year I suppose. Will probably be taking a break from the game for a day or two though.

AS Casale ar going on the back burner for now. I want to get the hang of bringing on young players - something I'v never done (or done badly) before. So I've started with my favourite Inter, to try and learn the ins and outs.

I'm keeping my Casale save though, and I'll be back to it sometime - hopefully with the benefit of new knowledge! I'm staying subscribed here though, to follow you all.

So good luck everyone :thup:

Maybe their individual player instructions is contradicting to what you set in the OI, making them a very confused bunch.

Well my attacking players close down more than my defensive players in my instructions. But you would think saying closing down always in OI would mean close that player down ASAP regardless of your instructions. I don't want to have to increase everyone's closing down heaps because that wouldn't be defensively solid.

I replaced De Sanctis with a young keeper that came through my youth system. He's 19 now. Coach reports say he isn't as good but he's been more solid and he has the potential to be one of the best players at the club so I'm just using him anyway.

good on you!! give youth a chance!! :D

Well my three loanees from Sporting can't play in cup games so I am a little short up front when I hit Cup day 1, but hopefully I can drag through, so far my league record is 2-1-1 and I am sitting in 4th spot, but 2nd-8th are separated by a single point. I am very happy with the way my team is performing, though I think they could pull off some better stuff with a bit more tweaking of my tactic. Best game so far was my final Friendly against Fatima from Liga Vitalis, who I downed 2-1.

The last time I managed in Spain was for the Cultural Durango challenge (anyone remember that?) so I thought it was about time I went back and tried my luck.

I'm managing Castillo CF, a team from Gran Canaria who were founded in 1950 but have never played above Segunda División B. The chairman is willing to listen to offers so it could be an awkward first season.

I'm predicted to finish bottom and the club has no players and no staff, looks like I'm going to be busy.

The last time I managed in Spain was for the Cultural Durango challenge (anyone remember that?) so I thought it was about time I went back and tried my luck.

I'm managing Castillo CF, a team from Gran Canaria who were founded in 1950 but have never played above Segunda División B. The chairman is willing to listen to offers so it could be an awkward first season.

I'm predicted to finish bottom and the club has no players and no staff, looks like I'm going to be busy.

Stupid question, but how do you manage to get away without having to set a first name and a last name for your manager ? Or do you give him a nick name later ?

I've luckily been able to compile a squad before the board slapped a transfer embargo on the club before the takeover. I'm pretty optimistic, I think I've got some good players and pre season has just had the one defeat, against parent club Las Palmas.

Looks like the board takeover has gone well so far, improved training and youth facilities and £50k. I've just got to wait and hope they keep me on as manager now.

sounds promising.... good solid pre-season too by the sounds of it.

Archived