JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard Dafuge, good luck in Spain, I am about to kick back in Portugal and try to head up the table, am in 4th after 4 games with a 2-1-1 record, including a 1-1 draw against Fut. Benfica our biggest rivals. (This is a great rivalry, given we are Sporting CP's Feeder & They are Benfica's). Up and Up Casa Pia.

solid start Des. keep it up.

as for my oviedo game, i should have the season finished this weekend. have 8 games to go and touch wood, we will be able to achieve at least the same result as last season. We're pretty much in a 4-way scrap for the final Champions League place. Really hope i can make it!

Oh Richard, hopefully you can make it over the next 8 games.

As for Casa Pia we have won in the Portuguese Cup 2nd Round (Board Expects 4th), and we have taken a win at home and a draw away in the league to go to 3-2-1 and in 2nd, we are 5pts off the lead, and 3 pts clear of 7th (no chance at promotion) so a good start, injuries here and there hurt, but having allowed the 3rd least goals with only 5 going into our net is the main aim completed.

End of season report - Season 2

What started off as a season meant to consolidate Sachsen Leipzig's position in the Second Division turned on his head from January as players started gelling together and played some fantastic football (for that level :D) and getting excellent results. Two consecutive 2nd places in the Third and Second Division leads us to the peak of German Football and as a result, next season, I'd be facing opponents like FC Bayern, HSV, Werder Bremen etc in the Bundesliga.

Media Prediction : 18th (last)

Actual position : 2nd - League Table

You can understand how brilliantly the club changed it's league form by looking at the League Position Graph :thup:

This was the period when Deniz Ilgin caught fire and kept scoring goals, 10 in 5 games iirc, including a hat trick, and massively helped our leap up the table.

No such luck in the cup though, as I was easily beaten in the Second Round by a First Division team, Kaiserslautern.

Here's a look at my Squad for the season which just ended (The stars for the players were much higher before the season ended. I think it is because of the Promotion that they have reduced). And these were the Transfers which brought about this squad, including my first Million Pound selling.

Manager details :

Manager Overview - I'm very proud of my balance now.

Manager Profile

Personal Page

Bundesliga now :)

outstanding work el sid!! what are you're finances like going into the top flight??

Thanks mate :thup:

I got new one year sponsors at the start of season 2 which boosted by balance by about 1.2 million. Then played a lot of pre season and mid season friendlies. Got 3 million at the start for playing in the second division and 6.5 million for my finishing position. If you're interested, here are some screenies of my finances.

Summary

Income

Expenditure

Salary

As you can see, I made a profit every month which contributed to the balance, which stands at a very healthy 12.14 million :thup:

Will also be getting new sponsors at the start of the next season, so looking forward to that.

was going to wish you good luck and enquire how you managed to get a team from the canary islands as none turned up in my 30 reloads spread over 2 saves. i was wanting one from there or the balearics but none appeared. in fact, even after my first season none got promoted either...

but it seems you will have to start again :(

hopefully you will start again dafuge.....

as for me, Just had a message saying Gorrotxategi is in the running for the Spanish Player of the Year award!! :eek: also, Michael Dixon, my £60k siging at start of the season, is now a Wonderkid..... :cool:

Good work Richard, will wait to see your post :)

As for Casa Pia we have played 3 more league games for 2 wins and a draw to move to 5-3-1 we are sitting in 3rd on the table 2 points behind Fut. Benfica who have taken the lead, we are unbeaten in 8 league games & 9 games total. Very happy with the boys as we are playing attacking football and capitalising, it has been 3 games without conceding as well. Injuries are still a worry, but the cover I have now seems adequate, as for finances I could give lessons in how to bankrupt a club, we are losing 60k a month...of course being 4k a week over the wage budget accounts for about 16k of that.

I announce my return to my Real Oviedo save, after another 3rd place finish in Malaysia, and Canada crashed out of the World Cup...

My new Swiss signing only has one goal, although we are now in 3rd place (again), although it's Zaragoza and Real ahead of me, with Barca lying in 9th place. :D

*waits in anticipation of the Swiss signing getting injured*

Thanks for jinxing it. :mad::(

He's gone 2 to 3 weeks with a twisted ankle after playing in a Spanish Cup game (my squads are usually half youths, half regulars in the first few rounds). Was doing well too, 14 games, 2 goals, and a 7.12 average rating. :(

Good news is that we are in 2nd now after 8 games.

good to see the run continuing Des.... keep it up. as for the money, it's not something you're not used to in Portugal!! let's hope this board are as good...

Well I am definitely happy with the play, just a little worried that the board might not keep me afloat, of course why these clubs are not making money baffles me, of cvourse I may have some reasonable signings to sell off at the end of the season in an attempt to make some money, I have about 30 players all counted. I can cut that to a squad of 16 + Youth and I will save money and make some as well

Thanks for jinxing it. :mad::(

He's gone 2 to 3 weeks with a twisted ankle after playing in a Spanish Cup game (my squads are usually half youths, half regulars in the first few rounds). Was doing well too, 14 games, 2 goals, and a 7.12 average rating. :(

Good news is that we are in 2nd now after 8 games.

Rancer I just said it because it was bound to happen, I just made a comment on here about Futre my star striker and then hit the space bar and bang Cruciate Ligaments out for 8-10 months. And at that point I had no back-up so I had to hunt one out...haha. I am a little sorry for jinxing it though.

I read an article recently on ESPN Soccernet about the loyalty of football players towards their clubs, and the end of this due to personal ambition to win trophies and a fatter paycheck, and I think this is occurring before my eyes at Real Oviedo. Some players who have been with me, like Alberto Rodriguez Nebreda, centre back and my long time captain, has recently lashed out to the media about moving to a bigger club, and although he didn't demand to be transfer-listed (I would have rejected his request anyways), I just wonder if the current and future generation of footballers have any loyalty whatsoever, or just chasing the money and the trophies.

I just wonder why my 3 star rated 31 year old captain would be thinking about moving from Real Oviedo, a club where he basically spent his entire career at. I feel that I am making a lot of progress this year, and of all people wanting to leave, it's my long time captain. I'm more attached to him than Javier - YP4. I wouldn't want in any other shirt than the Real Oviedo shirt.

I read an article recently on ESPN Soccernet about the loyalty of football players towards their clubs, and the end of this due to personal ambition to win trophies and a fatter paycheck, and I think this is occurring before my eyes at Real Oviedo. Some players who have been with me, like Alberto Rodriguez Nebreda, centre back and my long time captain, has recently lashed out to the media about moving to a bigger club, and although he didn't demand to be transfer-listed (I would have rejected his request anyways), I just wonder if the current and future generation of footballers have any loyalty whatsoever, or just chasing the money and the trophies.

I just wonder why my 3 star rated 31 year old captain would be thinking about moving from Real Oviedo, a club where he basically spent his entire career at. I feel that I am making a lot of progress this year, and of all people wanting to leave, it's my long time captain. I'm more attached to him than Javier - YP4. I wouldn't want in any other shirt than the Real Oviedo shirt.

i can agree with you there. there does seem to be little loyalty in the game. One of my most frustrating things is players wanting to leave for better things, which subsequently turns out to be a move to a worse club. i do have some loyalty which is great, but i think a little more loyalty in some cases when you have developed a player would be nice.

One other thing - does anyone else find that Bulgarian and Czech clubs are always after their players? Oh, and also Sunderland?!?!? :rolleyes:

Real Oviedo - Liga BBVA - Season Review - Season 2014-15

Media Prediction: 11th

Final Position: 4th Graph

So, in only our second season of top-flight football, we’ve qualified for the Champions League!! :D Truly can’t believe it, but the guys did me proud and from Christmas, we were always going to qualify for Eueope - it was just which competition. A strong finish with five wins in last 5 games ensured we’d be mixing it with the big guns next season. In the UEFA cup we made it to the first knockout round where we were beaten by Marseille. In the Spanish cup, we went out to Sevilla in last 16.

Squad 1

Squad 2

And here’s a look at the players who were the real stars:

Joaquin - another solid season. ‘stars’ wise, I could get better keepers, but he performs heroics in matches and I don’t really want to replace him.

Rabben - Norweigen RB signed for £1m pre-season, he pretty much made RB spot his own. Marcos is breathing down his neck though, so needs to keep his form up.

Appiah - Most appearances for a CB, another good season.

Situ - Our best CB on paper, he’s courting a lot of interest. I’m still deciding whether to keep or sell for big money. Nearly went in January before Palacios got injured.

Palacios - Season hampered by injury, he didn’t quite meet his usual high level of performance.

Aizpurua - Decided to give him a chance in RM given we don’t play with central midfielders, He did a great job. Another highly coveted player.

Munoz - Our ‘Wonderkid’ DM had a great season. He is going to be a star, and hard to keep hold of.

Garcia Ardura - Another ‘Wonderkid’, he performed great down the wing. Managed to tie him to a new contract with a high release fee after initially turning one down.

Dixon - Another ‘Wonderkid’, and an utter bargain for £60k. Already worth 100 times that, and wanted by some of top teams in the world. started brilliantly, before he got injured. struggled to recapture form until the end of season when he caught fire again.

Gorrotxategi - top scorer again in all competitions, although fell down the overall pecking order. Only Real Oviedo player in La Liga team of the year.

Montiel - didn’t play much, but thoght I’d give him a mention as did well when covering through injury. My best ‘homegrown’ player is maturing nicely and may feature more next season.

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Finances

Had a big clear out in the summer, clearing deadwood from the youth team. Also sold off a lot of squad players, making a nice profit on the season. This in turn bumped finances nicely. This has helped the board to add 5000 seats onto our stadium, which will be helpful.

>>> TARGETS FOR NEXT SEASON <<<

- European qualification again. Realistically I’m aiming for top 4 again, but as long as we qualify for Europe I’ll be happy.

- Make the gropu stages of Champions League and finish at least 3rd in group.

- Quarter finals of the Spanish Cup

- Make another healthy profit.

So, the dream goes on. There’s still along way to go to catch Barca and R. Madrid, but we’ll keep chipping away! Onwards we go!

Good season there rlipscombe. :thup:

And nice to see Rayo making the Europa League as well! Tycoon chairman I suspect?

It's near the end of December and we are still in 2nd. :D

And what's your stadium capacity after the expansion? The cap is at 35,000.

EDIT: And Alberto Rodriguez Nebreda wants to transfer listed! I said no of course, and then he got injured and out 3 to 4 weeks...

Well well well....look who's back!!

(thats me btw and not the stunning arrival of the one and only dafuge :eek:;))

Anyone fancy giving me a 'latest news' style run down of the last few pages of this thread? With minimal internet access I'm afraid to say I've not been keeping up. Amazed that we're over 3200 posts now :thup:

Has anyone completed it yet!?

Just had a read of your update rlipscombe - excellent season there :thup:

Dixon is almost too good to be true, he has all the ingredients to be a true favourite of yours and this thread! Cheap, small nation, striker, youngster, wonderkid - everything you want! Good luck keeping him and good luck in the CL :thup:

Where are you guys? :confused:

Well my 3rd group game of the 2026 Uefa Champions League just finished Savona 0-0 Ajax. Not a great game really. We are still without Tommaso Cilona for 2 months from a bad hip injury for those that forgot.

Just had a read of your update rlipscombe - excellent season there :thup:

Dixon is almost too good to be true, he has all the ingredients to be a true favourite of yours and this thread! Cheap, small nation, striker, youngster, wonderkid - everything you want! Good luck keeping him and good luck in the CL :thup:

\o/ he's back!! good to have you back iacovone. is Savona coming back soon? Dixon is a quality player in the making - hopefully him and Gorrotxategi can fire us to the top.

Well my 3rd group game of the 2026 Uefa Champions League just finished Savona 0-0 Ajax. Not a great game really. We are still without Tommaso Cilona for 2 months from a bad hip injury for those that forgot.

i'm here..... ;)

Savona are back as I type! We're just approaching November - 3 games in CL and 6 in Serie A with a (4-1-1) record. A good start only slightly marred by the Cilona injury. Need I remind you guys of my Uefa Cup win of 2025.....?

no, but i'm sure you're taking pleasure in reminding us!! :D

as for a round up, here goes (apologies to those i forget):

- Des has started well in Portugal with Casa pIa, although he's losing money again.....

- rancer is still going strong, and looking like making the breakthrough this season

- el sid has incredibly made the Bundesliga in Germany with successive promotions, but has gone on hols now.

- dafuge came ( \o/ ), started well, then realised he'd got an old DDT file in so abandoned. Hopefully he'll be back.

- TanO finally won some new silverware with Monsanto, and has a new ground. but he's been a bit quiet

- lukearts doing ok in Spain. going for record of oldest ever squad though!! :D

- Chelsea4Lyf is in La Liga with Oviedo too........

nice round up, thanks! Des losing money :rolleyes:

so has rancer won La Liga or do you mean European breakthrough? Either way KUTGW everyone, it sounds like we're all making a good fist of it!

Winning La Liga? No way! Real Madrid miles ahead of everyone. :p

But I am in a 3 way tie for 2nd in late February, and it seems like my squad is only getting stronger. :)

Although I did get knocked out of the Champions League and into the Europa League...hope to make some noise in the knockout rounds...

+++ Real Oviedo News +++ ( a new nightly feature...)

More departures - Mattia Destro (ST), Smederevac (CB), Diego Solanes (GK) and Fernando (ST) latest to leave. New coach arrives - Real Madrid legend Raul (hope his ability will rub off... ;) No new major signings as yet (couple of squad signings made though)

nice round up, thanks! Des losing money :rolleyes:

I am always losing money :) I think it flows on from me picking lowly portuguese teams with no income whatsoever even when selling out their stadiums.

I saw you post and went to sleep :p Then been at work for 11 hours. Now home to chill for a little before bed.

+++ Real Oviedo News +++ ( a new nightly feature...)

More departures - Mattia Destro (ST), Smederevac (CB), Diego Solanes (GK) and Fernando (ST) latest to leave. New coach arrives - Real Madrid legend Raul (hope his ability will rub off... ;) No new major signings as yet (couple of squad signings made though)

Wow you are shipping them out.

***The Triple Post Daily***

Casa Pia has got to the halfway point of the First phase in Portugal and managed to sit tied for first place in the league, and 8 points ahead of 7th. Which means we are looking at making the promotion stages, but it will be a serious fight to get out of the bottom in Portugal as there is 2 spots for promotion out of 56 teams. Thats about a 4% chance of promotion. Casa Pia shall keep fighting.

Oddly I just got offered the Denmark and Sweden job in the same day! My profile in Scandinavia must be flying high :D

EDIT: Lost 4th game of CL group to Ajax (a) 1-0. We are still 2nd in the table but on goal difference. Gonna need a big 2 last games to ensure we qualify!

Massive 5-0 win away at Zenit to all but secure progress to the knockout round of the CL. Bayern at home is our last remaining game. It is far from easy though as they need a big win to stand a chance of qualification. Riccardo Rotunno was the MOM with a classy hattrick :)

congrats on a fantastic result and near certain qualification iacovone.

Des - i am shipping the players out. last season i decided to cull the squad as i can only register 25 players so was paying wages for players who weren't playing. decided to earn some extra cash rather than keeping deadwood. All are good players, but not good enough for the mighty Oviedo!! The clearout policy worked last season so i'm continuing it.

Archived