JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rancer it does seem that your defensive record is Godlike. I think the trouble i'm having is that I like to play with very attacking full backs, but they seem to be getting caught out of position a lot. Despite their attacking play they dont get many assists so it is seeming like a pointless exercise. I'm thinking if I lose a little width and pull my full backs back then that could tighten the defense a little.

EDIT: As soon as I said that I got my second clean sheet in a row. Maybe I won't change things just yet :D

Was your job under threat at that point then? Cilona was a definite bargain. Great spot iacovone. Was he a scout recommendation? If he was then I suggest you give that scout a raise.

Oh yes, definitely a scout recommendation :thup:. I think they were a little disappointed in me that follow-up season as we didn't even make Uefa Cup but because we'd had so much quick success I got the benefit of the doubt. I do have quite a demanding chairman though (he's entitled to be considering he's bankrolled us to the top :D!)

Rancer it does seem that your defensive record is Godlike. I think the trouble i'm having is that I like to play with very attacking full backs, but they seem to be getting caught out of position a lot. Despite their attacking play they dont get many assists so it is seeming like a pointless exercise. I'm thinking if I lose a little width and pull my full backs back then that could tighten the defense a little.

EDIT: As soon as I said that I got my second clean sheet in a row. Maybe I won't change things just yet :D

Yeah, I'm a defender IRL, so my FM tactics are defensive. :D

Sometimes we draw teams we should beat, but I rather keep my current tactic then develop an attacking tactic.

I built my team from the back when I was in my first season in La Liga, and kept compiling depth, so my team doesn't give up a lot of goals. :)

AD Fafe will be returning :):):) I have got my old computer working, giving up on the crap service I was getting I ripped it open pulled it apart and cleaned it up and put it back together, and bang it goes. Excellent. Onwards and upwards, though quite torn on fixing the Old World Database first...

New season has begun very well. We're currently 1st with a record of 4-1-0 and top of our Uefa Cup group with wins over Marseille and Brondby :thup:

This is mainly down to New Zealand's finest export - Ricki Kumar - who has a stunning 9 from 9 in all comps so far :)

The Serie A sensational story so far is that of Mantova! They also have a 4-1-0 record and have won both of their Uefa Cup games too! Truly a fairytale in the making here.

End of November 2009 - C.D. Mirandes - Spanish Second Division B2 (Season 1)

League Results

[b]Mirandes              [/b]2 - 1              Alcoron

Fernando (36)                            Mauri (19)
Segio Gamiz (50)

Leganes               1 - 1              [b]Mirandes[/b]

Jano (22)                                Pablo Infante (22)

[b]Mirandes              [/b]0 - 0              Palencia

Calahorra             0 - 1              [b]Mirandes[/b]

Pablo Infante (3)

Villa Santa Brigada   1 - 1              [b]Mirandes[/b]

Abraham (86)                             Mikel Iribas (61)

An unbeaten month. Very happy with that. Also, a couple of clean sheets, and just a conceeding average of 0.6 goals per game over the last 5 games. Hopefully this form can continue through December.

Snapshot of the Table

|--------|-------------------|------|----|-----|----|---|---|---|------|
|[b]Position[/b]|[b]Team               [/b]|[b]Played[/b]|[b]Won [/b]|[b]Drawn[/b]|[b]Lost[/b]|[b]GF [/b]|[b]GA [/b]|[b]GD [/b]|[b]Points[/b]|
| [color=SeaGreen]1.[/color]     |[color=SeaGreen]Huesca             [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]15    [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]10  [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]4    [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]1   [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]31 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]11 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]+20[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]34    [/color]|
|[color=DarkOrange] 2. [/color]    |[color=DarkOrange]Cartagena          [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]15    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]10  [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]2    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]3   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]24 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]10 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]+14[/color]|[color=DarkOrange]32    [/color]|
| [color=DarkOrange]3.  [/color]   |[color=DarkOrange]Leganes            [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]15    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]9   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]3    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]3   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]29 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]10 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]+19[/color]|[color=DarkOrange]30    [/color]|
| [color=DarkOrange]4. [/color]    |[color=DarkOrange]Mirandes           [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]15    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]9   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]3    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]3   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]24 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]14 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]+10[/color]|[color=DarkOrange]30    [/color]|
| 5.     |Palencia           |15    |8   |5    |2   |26 |16 |+10|29    |
| 6.     |Pajara Playas      |15    |8   |4    |3   |23 |14 |+9 |28    |
| 7.     |Fuenlabrada        |15    |8   |4    |3   |15 |10 |+5 |28    |
| 8.     |Universidad LP     |15    |8   |3    |4   |25 |14 |+11|27    |

An unbeaten November has seen us climb a spot to 4th. Its still really tight at the top. Only 8 points seperate 1st and 8th, however we have moved 10 points clear of 9th.

End of December 2009 - C.D. Mirandes - Spanish Second Division B2 (Season 1)

League Results

Las Palmas At.        1 - 0              [b]Mirandes[/b]

Amado (66)

[b]Mirandes              [/b]3 - 2              Vecindario

Mikel Iribas (4)                         Salva (20, 90+3)
Jon Guevara (Pen. 32)
Hector (80)

[b]Mirandes              [/b]1 - 0              Cartagena

Alvaro Nunez (3)

A relatively quiet month in terms of number of games. A solid win against promotion rivals Caragena has seen a good December for us. A little disappointed to have not come away with anything from the game at Las Palmas, but a solid 6 points from 9.

Snapshot of the Table

|[b]Position[/b]|[b]Team               [/b]|[b]Played[/b]|[b]Won [/b]|[b]Drawn[/b]|[b]Lost[/b]|[b]GF [/b]|[b]GA [/b]|[b]GD [/b]|[b]Points[/b]|
| [color=SeaGreen]1.  [/color]   |[color=SeaGreen]Huesca             [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]18    [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]12  [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]4    [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]2   [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]36 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]14 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]+22[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]40    [/color]|
| [color=DarkOrange]2.[/color]     |[color=DarkOrange]Leganes            [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]18    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]12  [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]3    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]3   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]36 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]10 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]+26[/color]|[color=DarkOrange]39    [/color]|
| [color=DarkOrange][b]3.[/b] [/color]    |[b][color=DarkOrange]Mirandes           [/color][/b]|[b][color=DarkOrange]18    [/color][/b]|[b][color=DarkOrange]11  [/color][/b]|[b][color=DarkOrange]3    [/color][/b]|[b][color=DarkOrange]4   [/color][/b]|[b][color=DarkOrange]28 [/color][/b]|[b][color=DarkOrange]17 [/color][/b]|[color=DarkOrange][b]+[/b][b]11[/b][/color]|[b][color=DarkOrange]36    [/color][/b]|
| [color=DarkOrange]4.  [/color]   |[color=DarkOrange]Cartagena          [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]18    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]11  [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]2    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]5   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]25 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]14 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]+11[/color]|[color=DarkOrange]35    [/color]|
| 5.     |Palencia           |18    |9   |6    |3   |28 |18 |+10|33    |
| 6.     |Universidad LP     |18    |9   |5    |4   |33 |19 |+15|32    |
| 7.     |Fuenlabrada        |18    |8   |7    |3   |18 |13 |+5 |31    |
| 8.     |Atletico "B"       |18    |9   |3    |6   |30 |16 |+14|30    |

Moved up another place to 3rd now, and only 4 points from the top. Closed the gap a little from last month. Very pleased so far at (roughly) the half way point.

Des - good news. will be good to see the return of Fafe. We've missed it. ;)

iacovone - good start there. Kumar is indeed developing well. shows what faith in a player does. As for Mantova, do they also have a rich chairman?

Tom - still looking strong mate. fingers crossed

Tom - still looking strong mate. fingers crossed

Thanks, but I opened my mouth too soon as you will see:

End of January 2010 - C.D. Mirandes - Spanish Second Division B2 (Season 1)

League Results

Pajara Playas         5 - 1              [b]Mirandes[/b]

Aitor Goni (8)                           Ivan Agustin (27)
Jose Vegar (53)
Checa (62)
Delos (66)
Jon Guevara Own Goal (70)

Atletico "B"          3 - 1              [b]Mirandes[/b]

Jorge Molino (14)                        Fernando (63)
Sadick Adams (21)
Juan Valera (41)
[color=Red]Alvaro Portilla Sent Off (50)[/color]

[b]Mirandes              [/b]1 - 1              Lanzarote

Jon Guevara (Pen. 31)                    Alberto Negral (64)

Segoviana             1 - 1              [b]Mirandes[/b]

Yaco (21)                                Xabier Eizagirre (67)

[b]Mirandes              [/b]1 - 0              Aguilas

Xabier Eizagirre (76)
[color=Gray]Manuel Candelas Missed Penalty (83)[/color]

Two tough away ties at Pajara Playas and Atletico "B" saw 2010 start terribly. Despite two massive defeats, the team managed to pick themselves up and claim 5 points out of 9 in the last three games of the month which has kept us from falling too far.

Snapshot of the Table

| [color=SeaGreen]1.[/color]     |[color=SeaGreen]Leganes            [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]23    [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]16  [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]4    [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]3   [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]48 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]12 [/color]|[color=SeaGreen]+36[/color]|[color=SeaGreen]52    [/color]|
|[color=DarkOrange] 2. [/color]    |[color=DarkOrange]Huesca             [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]23    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]16  [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]4    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]3   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]46 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]18 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]+28[/color]|[color=DarkOrange]52    [/color]|
| [color=DarkOrange]3.  [/color]   |[color=DarkOrange]Cartagena          [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]23    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]14  [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]4    [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]5   [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]30 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]15 [/color]|[color=DarkOrange]+15[/color]|[color=DarkOrange]46    [/color]|
| [b][color=DarkOrange]4. [/color][/b]    |[b][color=DarkOrange]Mirandes           [/color][/b]|[color=DarkOrange][b]23    [/b][/color]|[color=DarkOrange][b]12  [/b][/color]|[color=DarkOrange][b]5    [/b][/color]|[color=DarkOrange][b]6   [/b][/color]|[color=DarkOrange][b]33 [/b][/color]|[b][color=DarkOrange]27 [/color][/b]|[b][color=DarkOrange]+6 [/color][/b]|[b][color=DarkOrange]41    [/color][/b]|
| 5.     |Palencia           |23    |11  |7    |5   |34 |24 |+10|40    |
| 6.     |Fuenlabrada        |23    |10  |8    |5   |25 |16 |+9 |38    |
| 7.     |Universidad LP     |23    |10  |7    |6   |37 |24 |+13|37    |
| 8.     |Pajara Playas      |23    |10  |7    |6   |32 |23 |+9 |37    |

A tough month has seen usmove away from the top now. An 11 point gap pretty much puts the title out of reach, and so the focus is now on keeping a promotion spot. The chasing pack is very close, and so loses must be avoided.

rlipscombe - Mantova don't have a rich chairman at all, done through the hard work of manager Vincenzo Vivarini who in the space of 5 years has taken them from Serie C1 to A. Impressive work :thup:

rlipscombe - Mantova don't have a rich chairman at all, done through the hard work of manager Vincenzo Vivarini who in the space of 5 years has taken them from Serie C1 to A. Impressive work :thup:

very impressive - almost as much as me ending Casillas's clean sheet record of 618 minutes as we won 1-0 at the Bernabeu..... :cool:

Or about as impressive as winning the Uefa Cup :cool:

We were supposed to make the final. Just that HSV scored in the 90th minute. :rolleyes:

I think I've faced HSV 8 to 10 times already (friendlies + europe). :D

What's the team you faced most often outside of your league?

We were supposed to make the final. Just that HSV scored in the 90th minute. :rolleyes:

I think I've faced HSV 8 to 10 times already (friendlies + europe). :D

What's the team you faced most often outside of your league?

For me it's Roma... twice in Europa League group and in CL 3rd Qual round. My record? 2-2-0. I'm still only beginning my European journey.....

I actually don't know who my most-played side is outside of Italy. Possibly Liverpool, but overall I've had a good array of European destinations down the years :D

In other news we're doing something I've never seen us do before - winning games in the last minute. Twice now we've won 1-0 with 92nd minute winners from defenders! Still top 6-1-0.

We've just followed up our Real win by beating Bayern Munich 3-0 at the Nuevo Carlos Tartiere..... :D the goals?? Dixon hattrick!! that's 14 goals in 10 games now... It also means we have 9 points from 4 CL games, which isn't bad.....

i think on that note i should save it for the night...

We just beat Heerenveen 5-3 (new Savona high scoring record :cool:) away from home with a 2nd string out to pretty much guarantee progress to the knockouts. We still have 3 games left in our group but are 8 points ahead of 3rd. Should be in the bag - the 2nd string will continue in the Uefa Cup til the knockouts :)

Interestingly this year the board only want me to make sure we qualify for the Uefa Cup again. It seems that burst of expectation is over and Mr.Cohen is back to his laid back, sugar daddy best :D

***RASH LATE NIGHT PREDICTION***

I will win Serie A this season. As I close down FM our record is thus: 8-2-0 with 17 scored and a miserly 2 conceded :). We have won 6 out of 6 away from home :eek: and just completed an unprecedented 3-1 win over the great AC Milan at the San Siro :eek:. \o/

I think my decision to stick with my squad and not make any transfers in or notable transfers out is reaping some rewards. Huzzah and good night :cool:

***RASH LATE NIGHT PREDICTION***

I will win Serie A this season. As I close down FM our record is thus: 8-2-0 with 17 scored and a miserly 2 conceded. We have won 6 out of 6 away from home :eek: and just completed an unprecedented 3-1 win over the great AC Milan at the San Siro :eek:. \o/

I think my decision to stick with my squad and not make any transfers in or notable transfers out is reaping some rewards. Huzzah and good night :cool:

Great work iacovone :thup:

An excellent start rlipscombe could this be a monumental year for Oviedo!? :thup:

still very early to be making those statements!! :D i too have a pretty settled team and it seems to be working ok.

As for you iacovone, thats a bold statement!! :eek:

So bold but we're living up to my expectations so far, travelling away and thrashing Parma 3-0. We have 3 consecutive home league games coming up in which I expect 9 points. Verona, Perugia, and Juventus - which will be a true test of our credentials. Then we go away to (now freefalling) Mantova before the big one at home to Roma. Uefa Cup qualification is done and the Italian Cup 1st Round is coming up vs Brescia.

Lots of promise over the next month. Will we be marching towards the title come the new year? Or will it be a case of deja vu and unfulfilled promise?

Just lost first game of the season - fortunately it was just a Uefa Cup game vs Marseille (a). Unfortunately we have a couple of injuries in the squad - Badini and Kumar are both going to miss the Juve game, which is pretty big as we have both won our last 5 games in a row.

So Juve at home next...

Some amusing player names once translated from my squad (sorry for many consecutive posts...):

Davide Maggio = David May (:cool:)

Roberto Pecoraro = Robert Shepherd

Andrea Romano = Andrew (the) Roman

Sirio Albanese = Sirus (the) Albanian

Giuseppe Quinto = Joseph (the) Fifth

Giorgio Ferrari = George You Shoe (:confused:)

Oh and we drew 1-1 with Juve, not a terrible result given their form. We have also been drawn against Roma in the next round of the Italian Cup. They've won it 4 years in a row (including beating us twice in the final :mad:)

thanks Des :)

Yearly World Football Accolades:

World Footballer of the Year: 1st: Giovanni De Lorenzo (Roma & ex-Savona), 2nd: Tommaso Cilona (Savona), 3rd: Gianluigi Zaninelli (Roma & ex-Savona)

World Player of the Year: 1st: Lorenzo Kwakman (Napoli), 2nd: Luis Almeida (Arsenal), 3rd: Giovanni De Lorenzo (Roma & ex-Savona)

World Team of the Year:

GK: Sam Doran (Liverpool)

RB: Roberto Pecoraro (Savona)

LB: Ray Burt (Newcastle)

CB: Rodrigo (Napoli)

CB: Francesco Berlucchi (Liverpool)

RM: Paolo De Crescenzo (AC Milan)

LM: Riccardo Raffa (Roma & ex-Savona)

CM: Giovanni De Lorenzo (Roma & ex-Savona)

CM: Luis Almeida (Arsenal)

CF: Lorenzo Kwakman (Napoli)

CF: Dario Bianchet (Man Utd)

Gk Sub: Enrico Costanzo (Inter)

Sub: Jose (Roma)

Sub: Reda El Houti (Napoli)

Sub: Javier Solari (Roma)

Sub: Gianluigi Zaninelli (AC Milan & ex-Savona)

Sub: Tommaso Cilona (Savona)

Sub: Fernando Vega (Inter)

European GK of the Year: 1st: Memet Bayrak (Sochaux), 2nd: Enrico Costanza (Inter), 3rd: Giordano Liguori (Savona)

European DF of the Year: 1st: Rodrigo (Napoli), 2nd: Alessandro Caputo (AC Milan & 9-time winner of the award :eek:), 3rd: Roberto Pecoraro (Savona)

European MF of the Year: 1st: Giovanni Bocchetti (Juventus), 2nd: Stuart Fry (Newcastle), 3rd: Luigi Masci (Porto)

European CF of the Year: 1st: Pierangelo Rosi (R. Madrid), 2nd: Giuseppe Marfia (Deportivo), 3rd: Alessio Amenta (Catania)

European Footballer of the Year: 1st: Giovanni Bocchetti (Juventus), 2nd: Stuart Fry (Newcastle), 3rd: Luigi Masci (Porto)

European Golden Boot: 1st: Jeffrey Vermeer (Heerenveen), 2nd: Pierangelo Rosi (R.Madrid), 3rd: Miguel Angel Dautt (Heerenveen)

There we go :D. Wonder if anyone will find this post remotely interesting....:rolleyes:

Well Des Albalonga and Savona have been solo ventures too :(

I think rlipcombe just has a certain charisma on these forums, like the great leaders of our time - able to pull support from all over the globe for no real reason. What a guy. ;)

Just beat newly promoted Fiorentina 7-0 at home. Riccardo Rotunno came off the bench at 3-0 to score a hattrick and get an assist. Sometimes I just love the guy :)

Roma at home in the Italian Cup next. Not a priority but any opportunity to beat them I will take. Mon.

EDIT: Lost at home to them again :mad: 2-1. ****s!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hatred.

EDIT 2: Fuming now. We just lost to Siena at home 1-0. They were 20th, we were 1st. They had 1 shot all game and it deflected off my defender and in. We had 17 shots, 9 on target and 3 clear cut chances yet somehow couldn't score. It was also their 1st win of the season (20 games!!!!). Unbelievable stuff.

Well Des Albalonga and Savona have been solo ventures too :(

I think rlipcombe just has a certain charisma on these forums, like the great leaders of our time - able to pull support from all over the globe for no real reason. What a guy. ;)

HA HA HA. need i say more????? :cool::D i like to inspire people......

Uefa Cup 1st Knockout Round vs Man Utd

(a) - 2-1 to United. We just salvaged something after a poor first half that saw us 2-0 down. Fortunately captain Cilona grabbed a crucial away goal to set up an intriguing 2nd leg.

(h) - Disastrous start saw us concede that away goal to a fantastic 30 yard Viscardi strike. CB Pietro Giannini pulled one back for us with a header before we mounted the all-time biggest siege on a goal EVER. From the 55th minute we were all out attack and they were all out defence. It was a barrage of headers, pot-shots and pressure on their keeper. We had (no joke) 4 genuine penalty appeals (you know when the ball goes off and the commentary makes a reference to it) but the stupid ref didn't want to know. Even with the GK Liguori sent up for corners we couldn't get that crucial 2nd goal. And that was how it stayed :(

Out and only the league to play for now :thdn:

Archived