JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

All five are amazing talents. Each obviously justify a place in the World Team of the Year. Pecoraro is outstanding. He's a physical beast. Brilliant. It's good that four of the five are from Italy too. :thup:

Good luck rlipscombe. :)

Plus Pecoraro has a goatee :cool:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unlucky mate :(

Look forward to the revival and push for the title tomorrow :)

calling it a night with 4 to go. on one of those runs where only a break will be able to turn around our fortunes. As for the climax to the season, it'll be Sunday evening most likely as out all day tomorrow at Twickenham for Guinness Premiership final.

Happy gaming until i'm back :thup:

Nice, enjoy :thup:

Heading to bed myself now - amazingly Bertolucci has just set a new Savona assist record (and we're only in Feb!). He's got 17 as of the 9th Feb. Still potentially 23 games left so who knows what he could produce. In terms of the league, we're currently 3rd in a 3 horse race for the title. Juve lead the way a point ahead of Napoli in 2nd who are a point ahead of us. Milan nowhere to be seen :D

Casale - Italian Serie C/2A, 2009/10

League | Positions

It was a mixed season for us. In some parts, we were brilliant, other times, not so brilliant. We were in the promotion playoff race until about game 30, where we lost 1-0 to Pro Sesto, and put us 8 away from the Playoffs. By then, relegation wasn't going to happen, so mid table for Season 1, my expectation anyway.

Finances

Saved by the sponsorship deals, and by the 20k Sampdoria gives us. I'll have to cut the wage bill down this season.

Transfers | Transfer Screen

Most of our incomings were loans this season, though most of them were really poor this season. We've got a few players going out and 1 coming in next window already. The guy coming in is dutch midfielder Jordy Briels.

Serie C Cup

Group Stage

We got one of the more "easier" groups, with no C/1 teams. We ended up coming 3rd in the group, and didn't go through. Not the most important comp though, so i'm not really upset.

The Players

I didn't have many outstanding performers this season, but these 2 were easily my best.

Carmine Cucciniello - My top goalscorer of the season with 7. I'll probably look to bring him back next season from Sampdoria.

Dani Rado - Had a decent enough season, and won Fans Player of the Year.

Squad

Club Overview | Facilities

Career Overview

Season      League                   	Position       Achievements

Next Season

I have 3 goals next season (In order of importance) -

1. Make a good challenge for the promotion playoffs. I told my board mid-table, but once I add to my squad, I think my team will be one of the best in C/2A.

2. Cut players that aren't worth my time. I need to get the wage bill down a bit so I can make a small profit.

3. Bring in a core squad that isn't made up mainly of loans. I want a squad that will play together for a couple of years, instead of constantly bringing in different loans each season and disrupting harmony. This season I will start to edge loans out of my team.

I like the look of Briels d-machine :thup:

Good luck pushing on next season

Thanks. I really should give my scout a pay rise because Briels was a brilliant find.

2. Cut players that aren't worth my time. I need to get the wage bill down a bit so I can make a small profit.

3. Bring in a core squad that isn't made up mainly of loans. I want a squad that will play together for a couple of years, instead of constantly bringing in different loans each season and disrupting harmony. This season I will start to edge loans out of my team.

I've already achieved both goals. I only have 3 loans this season and all reaserves that were on part time cntracts are gone.

Alright, now onto the proper stuff. I didn't want to say anything in case I catch forumites jinx, but oh well. We came 4th in our Serie C Cup group, though we could've easily have come 2nd on progressed through. But in the league, after 3 games i'm on top with 3 wins, with a game in hand. I hope this continues. I'll do a proper report at the end of January with all my signings.

Who knows, I might get this season done tomorrow...

Although its stating the obvious, getting a good start in the league is crucial. So in that respect well done!

We just beat Zenit 3-2 away from home in the 1st leg of the 1st Knockout Round :). Riccardo Rotunno with a hattrick! All the other Italian teams got good results too so I expect to be meeting one of them along the way!

What the F?!?! :mad:

Away to Siena - 4 players taken off injured!! They've butchered my squad :(!! This happened last year as well, just as we approach the crucial last 2 months, the injuries strike :mad::(

EDIT: Fortunately the worst is Pecoraro out for 3 weeks. Though that does mean he'll miss Zenit 2nd leg and Napoli at home /o\

Beat Zenit 5-1 in the return game sending us through to the Quarter Finals 8-3 on aggregate. Rotunno notched another 2 goals to take his overall tally to 21 this season :thup:

EDIT: AC Milan (aka the greatest club in the world) in the Quarters. We're gonna have to do this the hard way. On the positive side we've beaten them 4-1 at home and drew 2-2 away in the league this year. Fingers crossed. Home leg first :)

EDIT 2: Don't want to jinx anything....but here goes....I think we're going to win the league this year. Rotunno is on fire! If I keep him fit we have a very very good chance of the league. Juve are hovering around but maybe aren't quite experienced enough yet to mount a sustained challenge (they're dropping off), Napoli are currently 2-0 down at HT to us (:D) which will put us a good few points in the lead. Milan have had a shocking season, as have Inter, and Roma are 4th but by some way. Table to come.

EDIT 3: With 10 to go

Rotunno - interestingly his happiness at the moment reads 'enjoys the teams style of play' - not seen that before :)

Good luck against AC Milan in the quarters and good luck in the league.

It's still way to early to tell whose gonna win the league in my game, after 14 games I lead the pack on 29 points with a 9-2-3 record (thats W-D-L). 2nd place has 28 points, and 3rd has 26, 4th/5th/6th all have 24. It's gonna be a tense league this season.

Well done on staying up d-machine :thup: and as iacovone mentioned, Briels does look brilliant.

Looking good iacovone. Tough draw in the quarters against AC Milan. Good luck with that. Yet another amazing player in Rotunno. I'm surprised he's only had 9 caps for Italy though at 28 years old. I always find it difficult to accept that a player with 18 finishing and 18 composure can only have a penalty taking of 10. I suppose his concentration lets him down a little in that respect. Can't fault him though really. :D

Yeah it was always a shame to see him get no more than 9 caps for Italy. A bit like the Cilona situation. Rotunno incidentally came through the academy here, making him even more of a legend! This is his 12th season at us :)

Yeah it was always a shame to see him get no more than 9 caps for Italy. A bit like the Cilona situation. Rotunno incidentally came through the academy here, making him even more of a legend! This is his 12th season at us :)

Thats great. It's always brilliant to produce a start from your own club. What are your youth facilities like? what were they like when he came thorugh?, and finally I imagine he is on the favoured personnel list of the club by now?

Thats great. It's always brilliant to produce a start from your own club. What are your youth facilities like? what were they like when he came thorugh?, and finally I imagine he is on the favoured personnel list of the club by now?

Yep you've guessed correctly. He's been on the favoured personnel list since about 2020 IIRC. Facilities at the time were like this and this was his starting profile

Yep you've guessed correctly. He's been on the favoured personnel list since about 2020 IIRC. Facilities at the time were like this and this was his starting profile

He was a great product of your youth system with just 'average' facilities. The youth academy will have helped.

From his initial profile its quite clear to see that he was always going to be a talent. You obviously harnessed his potential well. Did he spend any years on loan, or did you just give him plenty of first team exerience? I always look to first team experience over loan, even if it means I have to sacrifice a little bit of quality in a certain position every now and then.

He was a great product of your youth system with just 'average' facilities. The youth academy will have helped.

From his initial profile its quite clear to see that he was always going to be a talent. You obviously harnessed his potential well. Did he spend any years on loan, or did you just give him plenty of first team exerience? I always look to first team experience over loan, even if it means I have to sacrifice a little bit of quality in a certain position every now and then.

That's largely the way I go about it with my youth prospects. With Rotunno I gave him 3 sub appearances in his first season (we were in Serie B) and he got 1 goal. Then in his 2nd season he led the line in Serie A (:eek: when I look back) with 33 appearances and 6 goals. But he only truly made his mark in the following season back in Serie B where he played 48 games scoring 21 goals. From here he has consistently scored double figures every year :)

That's largely the way I go about it with my youth prospects. With Rotunno I gave him 3 sub appearances in his first season (we were in Serie B) and he got 1 goal. Then in his 2nd season he led the line in Serie A (:eek: when I look back) with 33 appearances and 6 goals. But he only truly made his mark in the following season back in Serie B where he played 48 games scoring 21 goals. From here he has consistently scored double figures every year :)

Thats quite a big step-up for a young lad. To go from 3 sub appearances in Serie B, to 33 appearances in Serie A. In terms of his development, it was probably a good thing that he was playing for a Serie B club in his third season. Things may have been very different if you'd have stayed up.

Yep I agree, I think it was more a case of not having anyone better to play. We also had no pressure on us or him as we were expected to go straight back down. Which we did :rolleyes:.

Anyway got an interesting result for you:

Savona 3-0 AC Milan \o/

Secco

Giannini

Rotunno

:D Time to become the top side in Italy...

Perhaps ;)

Viva Rotunnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Viva Rotunnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Running down the wing

Hear Savona sing

Viva Rotunnooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Legend.

Love the chant. Wish I had someone to chant about :rolleyes:

2011/12 - C.D. Mirandes - Spanish Second Division B2 - Pre Season (Season 3)

Friendlies

Fundacion Logrones       0 - 2          [b]Mirandes[/b]

Kolo (3)
                                       Nono (69)

[b]Mirandes                 [/b]0 - 2          Levante

Pedro Vega (33)
                                       Vicente Iborra (59)

Mallorca "B"             2 - 0          [b]Mirandes[/b]

Roberto Fuentes (57)
Manuel Espana (78)

[b]Mirandes                 [/b]4 - 1          Celta "B"

David Rives (41, 55)                    Manu Mico (64)
Alberto (47)
German Pacheco (84)

[b]Mirandes                 [/b]1 - 3          Numancia

Esteban (31)                            David Barral (71, 85)
                                       David Roche (80)

La Meca de Rivas         1 - 3          [b]Mirandes[/b]

Borja Marin (3)                         Esteban (23, 73)
                                       Kolo (60)

A bit of a mixed bag during pre-season. Some good wins, and some defeats.The three games we lost were probably games I would have expected to lose which is a slight conselation. Esteban showed some great form in the two friendlies he played in.

Transfers

In/Out Overview

In

Manrique - ST

Manrique was signed in January of the previous season, but couldn't move until July due to the 6 months left on his previous contract. My strikeforce was what I wanted to focus on this year, and so he is the first of a few strikers I have brought in.

Angel Luis Robles - DC,DM,MC

Another January spot.His versatility was a real attraction, and he shows some good attributes.

German Pacheco - AML,ST

The young winger shows some potential. 3 youth caps, and 2 youth goals for Argentina bode well. His finishing is really good, and should work well on the wing.

Kolo - DC,DM,MC

Another versatile player. In my opinion my star capture so far. He had a great pre-season and looks as though he will really boss the midfield this season.

Sipo - D/WBL

Another area of my team that had grown quite weak over the last two seasons is DL. Sipo has international experience, and looks like he could do well at the club.

David Rives - DC

Another player brought in to solidify the defence. He is going to play as more of a back-up defender, but should be capable when called upon.

Ivan Garrido - D/WBR

Another young WB. I only had one player who could operate at right back and so back-up was required. Garrido will provide this.

Jesus Robio - MRC

Another player brought in to work in MC. I'm hoping him and Kolo will create a real partnership in the middle of the field.

Esteban - ST

Esteban was recommended to me by a scout after a trial day. He looks really promising, and has laready made his mark on the club. He scored 3 goals in 2 appearances in pre-season and notched up an impressive average of 7.95. He also scored on his debut.

Out

There was quite the mass exodus at the club, but I felt it was necessary. The players weren't of the quality to prove any real championship challenge, and it also helped ease the wage bills.

League Performance

Managed to win the opening game 1-0 with a goal from Esteban.

Excerpt straight from page 14:

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2018/19

End of Season Update

The Season in General

A reasonable season had by all in the Fafe outfit, a few dsappointments throughout the year, our defense was shocking as we allowed more than 1.5 goals per game. But our attack was on fire averaging 2 goals per game for the entire season. The Under 19s came third in their League and made the Semi Final of the U19s Cup. As for the Senior team making the Quarter Finals of both cups met expectations. Our Finances though continue to be in freefall except when I sell players to try and make up for it. And the team as a whole need to become more consistent, a real let down this season was a huge number of players wanting to move to bigger clubs getting the morale down into the dumps. Hopefully I can straighten this out in the off-season even if it means selling some big names.

Three Great Months

As we headed into November it looked like we would be heading down to another mid table finish, but in the end three great months in a row guaranteed we were going to be in contention for the "Best of the Rest" title, for the team finishing next behind Benfica, Sporting & Porto. With a spattering of awards throughout these months we showed we were no pushovers.

November MoM

Dec MoMDec GoM

PoM Dec

January MoM

The League

For most of the season we were steady in 4th place, and it ended up being a battle to the bitter end to guarantee that spot. Braga were on our tails from the start and they never let up. Going into the final game we had actually sewn up the spot as we had beaten them and drawn against them in our two matches, but they were only 3 points behind and we were facing Maritimo. A great 3-1 victory confirmed Fafe in 4th spot in the

League, and with Braga losing to Vit. Setubal we ended up with a 6 point gap. This was our Highest League Finish in history as we looked to head further up the table once more. Following the end of the season we saw Radakovic tipped for Young Player of Year and

Player of Year in the end he didn't manage to grab either of these or any of the team records.

The Awards

He may not have got the awards he was tipped for, but Radakovic did manage to walk away with the award for Most Goals, 2nd in Most MoM and third in Most Assists. This stunning performance saw him named alongside Shala in the Liga Sagres Team of the Year.

Other Useful Screenshots

Overall Stats

Overview

Player Stats

League Stats

General Info

Cup Stats

Club Facts

Best & Worst

The Squad

Cubukcu - He will need a serious improvement in goal next season, but with no viable replacement he may just be stuck there.

Shala - Liga Sagres Team of the Year, no more could be asked of the Right Winger, and he had a great season.

Esnaola - He will be leaving the club in July, but he has performed his duties as asked, a younger replacement is coming.

Aguero - Adequate would be the best word for his season, but Aguero did manage to win the Goal of the Month award once this season.

Novak - A few injuries plagued the youngsters season, but definitely a mainstay at right back for the future.

Stratakis - Our back up left winger played a lot, and had a couple of stand-outs, but never enough to push Aguero out.

Tarasenko - Our newest Defender showed his class from the outset, scoring goals from everywhere, including 5 penalties from 5 attempts.

Sigursson - The reserve Right back covered injuries, but really is only good for cover.

Pantovic - A Left back who can run up the sideline and get back to defend exactly what we need and loads of potential.

Kouakou - Solid in the middle.

Perdigao - He had a season he will want to forget, a few good games kept him in the team, but he will need to improve next year.

Dag - A great back-up to Radakovic, though neither is supposedly good enough for this league.

Radakovic - 23 goals, 16 assists, 7 Man of the Match...enough said.

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Club History

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|
|  Season  | Division  | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |
| 2009/10  |   2nd A   |       4th       |        2nd          |
| 2010/11  |   2nd A   |       3rd       |        4th          |
| 2011/12  |   2nd A   |       1st       |        2nd          | League Champions
| 2012/13  |   2nd A   |       1st       |        1st          | League Champions & Promotion
| 2013/14  |  Vitalis  |       5th       |        N/A          | 
| 2014/15  |  Vitalis  |       1st       |        N/A          | League Champions & Promotion
| 2015/16  |  Sagres   |      13th       |        N/A          |
| 2016/17  |  Sagres   |       8th       |        N/A          | Euro Cup via Sporting Play
| 2017/18  |  Sagres   |       8th       |        N/A          | 
| 2018/19  |  Sagres   |       4th       |        N/A          | Euro Cup via League Finish

This is a little recap of what shall be returning soon.

Can't wait for the return of Fafe!

After 18 games, i'm still 1st by 1 point. I have to thank my attack here, I have the best with 34 goals, 2nd best attack is Varese with 26. But, I'll really have to improve my defence - I have the 4th worst defence with 23 conceded! 4th placed Lecco has the best defence with 9 conceded, but have only scored 18.

I. Am. Starting. To. Hate. This. Save! :mad:

Once again, I have registered 5 strikers for the season, and 3 of them are injured (including my $64 million signing, for 4 months! :mad:), leaving me with one of my backups and my son to play the likes of Barca and start in Champions League matches. My two starting strikers and my first choice backup are all injured. I've had to play Spector as striker again because of this. Every season this has to happen.

And my last match against Barca, the bloody ref awarded them a penalty in the 86th minute and the game ended in a 2-2 draw. Worked so hard to get the lead. :(

EDIT: if there's any consolation, my CL group consists of HSV, M. Tel-Aviv, and Anderlecht.

Should get through that group, but those injury problems have to suck, I wonder what the problem is...Are the injuries similar to each other?

That I'm not too sure. :p

Although all of them happen during in-game...

I don't think I'm having much luck in general atm lol.

Just wondering if it is something to do with your tactics, and if the injuries were similar it might explain it...

With my tactic, it should be my midfielders that should be racking up the injuries, not my strikers... (which usually happens near the end of the season...)

With my tactic, it should be my midfielders that should be racking up the injuries, not my strikers... (which usually happens near the end of the season...)

Just trying to think of ideas as to what could be causing it, cause it seems weird that it is the Strikers and it happens every season.

Just trying to think of ideas as to what could be causing it, cause it seems weird that it is the Strikers and it happens every season.

Or just down to horrible luck lol. I know I can challenge for the title, I just need everyone to be healthy...

And good luck with Fafe Des. Hope you have no injury crisis. :D

Or just down to horrible luck lol. I know I can challenge for the title, I just need everyone to be healthy...

And good luck with Fafe Des. Hope you have no injury crisis. :D

No one can have the same bad luck occuring more than once, I don't believe in coincidence there is something else there haha.

No one can have the same bad luck occuring more than once, I don't believe in coincidence there is something else there haha.

It must be an attack by AI to injure all my strikers to prevent me from winning the league. THAT MUST BE IT. :mad::p

Anyways, I'm off to bed. Getting late in Canada. :D

It's extremely tight at the top! :eek: (9 games left)

I wasn't able to do a cmplete round up at mid season, but I will post most of my transfers now.

Dingham-Roh Boldum - Picked him up on a free from some french club, has been tremendous on my right wing. Gets injured alot.

Liborio Bressi - On loan from Sampdoria, he's been teriffic this year, leading our goalscoring charts.

Massimo Carella - He's been able to fill in on both sides of the back line very well, and at only 17, he's got his best years ahead of him.

Andrea Migliorini - Another central mid talent my scout has found, scored a wonderful free kick goal on debut.

Robert Santarelli - I bought him for 5k from Mezzocorona at the season start, has been wonderful in our otherwise poor back line.

My scout has a knack for finding central mid talent, here is my latest future transfer. He's 31 so he'll probably only be around for a couple of seasons.

Alessandro Cazzamalli

It's gonna be hard picking between him, Briels, Dani Rado and Migliorini next season, at least i'll have plenty of depth. Also, I've only just noticed that Briels is 18 :o He'll definetly be on my team for a while.

That's usually how I buy as well, but at the moment I just need some players that can perform at their peak straight away, instead of having to wait a couple of years. As I rise through the divisions, i'll start buying more young players each year. Plus, my squad doesn't really have to much depth at the moment, and I trying not to really on loans.

Also, look at Briels and Carella, both younger then 20. I always try to bring some young guys into the team.

That's usually how I buy as well, but at the moment I just need some players that can perform at their peak straight away, instead of having to wait a couple of years. As I rise through the divisions, i'll start buying more young players each year. Plus, my squad doesn't really have to much depth at the moment, and I trying not to really on loans.

Also, look at Briels and Carella, both younger then 20. I always try to bring some young guys into the team.

Yeah I think those two have a good potential. :) I would be happy with the signings.

Well my Softies season is over, now I just need to give a final write-up for that season, but I wanna have a look at Fafe first.

:mad: Briels had been in brilliant form for the Feb/Mar games, first game of April he gets injured, out for 4 weeks!

6 games left, I hold a slender 1 point lead over Varese in 2nd, Pro Sesto is 3 behind. We woud've been 3 in front, but we just drew with the team coming 2nd last.

Good luck as you hit the run in D. I am having a glance through my Fafe squad and I seem to have a substantial amount of waste, and also a fair few of these players are just not up to the standard of 4th in the Liga Sagres, maybe I need to make some changes between now and the start of the season, but that will come tomorrow night. Bed time now.

Won the league with a game to spare, it was a tense end to the season, us and Pro Sesto kept trading 1st and 2nd spot, but they lost drew then lost and we won both and won the league. Hopefully will get the report up tonight, but it's getting a bit late in Australia, might not be able to.

EDIT - No, definetly won't be able to get my season report up tonight, heading off to bed now because I remembered I have earlys tomorrow :( I'll have all day Tuesday thugh

\o/ - Excellent season there d-machine, congrats on your promotion :thup:. I like the look of your squad, some good quality in there.

rancer - I think you're in a similar position to me. I was convinced we had the quality to win the league but there were just a couple of stumbling blocks each season that stopped us taking the title again/CL. Anyway my point is just persist with it. Give your team a couple more years to mature and gel and maybe tinker with your tactics (put forwards on easy tackling and not on tight marking for example) and hopefully that'll fix things :).

On the Savona front - I've just come back into the game as we speak with a nice 2-1 away win over Milan in the CL. 5-1 on aggregate is a pretty darn convincing result overall :D. I'm happy. :D

CL Semi Final Draw:

Savona vs Napoli

Roma vs R. Madrid

It really is turning into the battle of the Italian sides in this years CL. I'm going to go head to head against the team a few points behind me in the league (and a team I supported against Milan in their battle for the league a couple of seasons ago). Nonetheless it truly is going to be a cracking tie - we always have exciting games. My predictions - Lorenzo Kwakman (aka the best striker on the game) to definitely score over the 2 legs. But Rotunno will undoubtedly score at some point too.

Mon Savona!!!

Yeah, I think I'm close to changing tactics. I've used the same one for all my saves (well exception with my Canadian team, where I only used default). Just a minor tinker

We destroyed Anderlecht 4-0, and in 2nd place behind HSV after 3 games. After that, destroyed Atletico 5-1. :D

Still 2nd behind Real though.

Well with a 2-2 draw away at title rivals Juve, a 4-0 thrashing of Lazio in Rome and now a win over Inter at home 4-2, the title will be more or less ours :D. We have 3 games remaining against Lecce (h), Pisa(h) and Atalanta(a). Basically this has been our most dominant season by a long way.

The big question though is whether or not we'll claim the CL as well. Napoli will be a huge test, combined with a potential final against our nemesis Roma...its going to be the club's biggest test!

Well well well:

CL Semi Final Leg 1 (h)

Savona 4-1 Napoli

A fantastic 93rd minute 4th goal for us really made sure we had 1 foot in the final here. The game itself was fairly balanced but our GK Gjoni the young Albanian was in great form, denying Kwakman twice from close range. Our Argentinian AMC, Diego Cardozo scored two beauts, Rotunno opened the scoring, with Ceausu wrapping it up. Despite their away goal, I think we'll be just too good in Naples. \o/

Archived