JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C.D. Mirandes End of Season 3 Update (2011/12)

Spanish Second Division B2:

Predicted Finish: 13th

Actual Finish: 8th|Graph

A very solid first half of the season saw us starting the new year sat in 5th.

Our away form has been troubling all season, and our first game of the new year was an away tie against Aguilas. Our away form stuck to the trend and we lost 2-0. Our home form on the other hand had been brilliant. Our first home game of 2012 was against top of the league Universidad LP who had been in superb form. We lost for the first time at home this season 1-0.

February was a great month for the team. From the 5th to the 4th (of March) we managed a 5 game winning streak, including an amazing two away victories. By this point we were still in 5th and our only hope of a playoff spot was 4th place. 4th was currently occupied by Pajara Playas who had rocketed up the table in recent weeks. We were within a point of them, and our next game was an away match against them. The fact that we were visitors filled me with little hope. We got trounced 4-0. This gave them the advantage in terms of claiming the playoff spot, however they were yet to play the Universidad LP (1st) and Aguilas (3rd).

Despite Pajara Playas having a tough run, we could only manage 4 points from the next 5 games (4 draws, and 1 loss), and so we had pretty much given them the playoff spot.

The season didn't really end well, and we managed to lose three of the last five games and we had a mini fall down the league to 8th.

Next Seasons Aims:

- I feel we need a new GK to halt the flurry of goals we conceed. I think that's the weakest area of the team at current.

- The playoffs are where we need to finish really. We've bounced back really well from last season, and a little improvement in our away form should secure a playoff space.

- To try an sign a couple of really promising youths who will be ready for when we get promoted (hopefully!).

This Seasons Key Players:

Javi Casares - His third season at the club has really seen him shine. Despite playing on the wing, he has had his fair share of goals. The teams second highest scorer.

Xabier Eizagirre - His third appearance out of three in my key players list. Yet again he has performed brilliantly. Always gives 100%, and this is reflected in his season average of 7.17.

Esteban - Signed at the start of the season, this young lad has already made a huge impact on the team. Set the record for the most goals in a season (14), and also set the record for most assists in a season (12). He has been brilliant.

Ivan Garrido - Another new boy. He's been a constant figure at DR and managed to bag three goals as well as constantly putting in great performances. Really happy by his season.

Youth Products:

Borja Alonso - DRL

Left Foot: Weak

Right Foot: Very Strong

|--------|---------------------------|-------|-------|---------|------|---------|
|[b]Season  [/b]|[b]Division                   [/b]|[b]Games  [/b]|[b]Goals  [/b]|[b]Assists  [/b]|[b]MoMs  [/b]|[b]Rating   [/b]|
|--------|---------------------------|-------|-------|---------|------|---------|
|09/10   |Spanish Second Division B2 |36     |2      |9        |1     |7.13     |
|10/11   |                           |41     |1      |3        |1     |7.02     |
|11/12   |                           |13     |2      |5        |0     |7.09     |
|Total   |                           |90     |5      |17       |2     |7.08     |

Alberto - ST

PPMs: Runs With Ball Down Right

|[b]Season  [/b]|[b]Division                   [/b]|[b]Games  [/b]|[b]Goals  [/b]|[b]Assists  [/b]|[b]MoMs  [/b]|[b]Rating   [/b]|
|11/12   |Spanish Second Division B2 |11(2)  |3      |3        |0     |6.81     |
|Total   |                           |11(2)  |3      |3        |0     |6.81     |

Esteban - ST

|11/12   |Spanish Second Division B2 |37(1)  |14     |12       |5     |7.06     |
|Total   |                           |37(1)  |14     |12       |5     |7.06     |

Jordi Pinero - AMR

Left Foot: Reasonable

|10/11   |Spanish Second Division B2 |18     |3      |4        |0     |6.97     |
|11/12   |                           |9(1)   |1      |0        |1     |6.91     |
|Total   |                           |27(1)  |4      |4        |1     |6.94     |

Awards:

Worst Signing of the Season: Mirandes' Manrique (£0)

Fans Player of the Season: Javi Casares

Best XI

Club History:

|-------|---------------------------|---------|---------------|------------|
|[b]Season [/b]|[b]League                     [/b]|[b]Position [/b]|[b]Federation Cup [/b]|[b]Spanish Cup [/b]|
|09/10  |Spanish Second Division B2 |7th      |[i]Not Entered[/i]    |[i]Not Entered[/i] |
|10/11  |                           |15th     |First Round    |First Round |
|11/12  |                           |8th      |[i]Not Entered[/i]    |[i]Not Entered[/i] |

Elsewhere in the World:

Spain:

Liga BBVA: 1st Real Madrid, 2nd Barcelona, 3rd Villareal

Spanish Cup: Real Madrid

Spanish Super Cup: At. Madrid

Spanish Federation Cup: Levante

Spanish Player of the Year: Xavi (Barcelona)

Spanish Young Player of the Year: Mario Balotelli (Villareal)

World:

Club World Championship: Chelsea

European Champions Cup: Real Madrid

Euro Cup: Olympique Lyonnais

I'm sorry but its just totally unrealistic what has just happened here.

Roma 7-1 Savona

I don't care how much better they might be this season there is just simply no way a title winning side could possibly go and lose 7-1 within 5 months. Just rubbish. This game just infuriates me at times. I'm putting the game on hold for now. Call me a bad loser or whatever, maybe I am, but this I cannot tolerate :mad:. :thdn:

Quick info about the game - we'd won our last 5 in a row. Had a full strength defence out there. 1 weak link was the forward Sami Ali, who isn't really that weak. GK Gjoni dribbled the ball into a forward and let them score. We had a goal disallowed for a foul. Pathetic.

Losing 7-1 is tough to take. :(

My entire squad wants to move to a bigger club, and there's no harmony at my club anymore. All 3 of my goalkeepers wanna leave, either for a new challenge (starter), or to start games and stop warming the bench. Starting right back wants to leave. Backup wants 1st team football. Long time captain wants to leave. (at least Javier wants to stay)

Welch, my best player, is unsettled. Antonio Guillen YP3 has been wanting to leave for a couple seasons now. Starting DM wants to leave. My striker Jesus wants to leave. And my youngsters are 'slighted' as well because of the lack of harmony at the club.

I have no intention of selling my whole team!!! It's annoying they all want to leave at the same time!!!

And there's the well known striker crisis that I have. :rolleyes:

It's January 2022 now, and probably a couple more are going to be unsettled as well. I think I'm just going to sell them with buy back clauses, and get them back in a year or two. That's the worst case sceranio plan at least.

So I'm finally back to Spain with Oviedo, hopefully to see things to a conclusion now.

Getting towards the business end of season 4 now and we'll comfortably stay hopefully even make mid-table by the end of things. Not bad for a team with a prediction of 22nd in LIGA Adelante.

rancer - thats some disharmony! maybe you need to get rid of one or two to see if helps in any way

Oh, some of them are going to leave to make way for my youths. ST Jesus, and my Hungarian DM are probably going to get moved...and maybe my Brazilian signing as well. I just need the right buyer. (preferably outside Spain)

2024/25 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

GDRM.gif

Pressure mounts on Monsanto's manager !

After last season's early exit from Europe and a poor 7th place finish in the league, this year was the perfect opportunity to show our bouncebackability.

Unfortunately the squad weren't up to the challenge and a wave dissatisfaction spread through the dressing room, bringing harmony to non existent levels ! I had to let more players go and gamble on some new faces, who did manage to improve our results toward the end of the season but still a 12th place finish is a real step backwards for a club trying to find it's place in the footballing world !

2025/26 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

Change in strategy works for Monsanto

With a disastrous season like that a major rethink was needed in tactics. I changed from a 4-4-2 to 4-1-2-2-1 with two wingers, as played by most of the top clubs in Portugal. It took us a while to get going but once we did we really hammered some of the lesser sides in the league who were playing 4-4-2. I rushed this season a bit and didn't take any good screenshots but we had another season in credit from transfers clearing out the moaners and equalled our best finish ever in the league... 5th. Still have no hope of competing with Porto though, who only conceded 8 goals all season !!

Tomorrow I'll try bring you all the details up to the current date (Dec 2029!) including news of Monsanto's first silverware to fill the trophy cabinet !!

Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division C1              11th  
2010-2011    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division C1               7th  
2011-2012    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1              10th
2012-2013    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1               4th
2013-2014    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1               1st  Promotion
2014-2015    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  7th
2015-2016    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  4th  Portuguese Cup Qtr Finalist
2016-2017    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                 13th
2017-2018    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  2nd  Promotion
2018-2019    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  14th
2019-2020    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  13th
2020-2021    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  11th
2021-2022    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   9th  Cleared club debt
2022-2023    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   5th  Portuguese Cup Finalist, 
                                                             Qualified for Euro Cup
2023-2024    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   7th  Euro Cup Fourth Qualifying round
2024-2025    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  12th
2025-2026    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   5th  Qualified for Euro Cup

Well my squad harmony is on its way back up, but my problem is that Sporting are chasing (On top of Dag), Radakovic, Pantovic, Tarashenko, Shala & my DM. As well there are clubs like Valencia, Porto, Madrid, Espanyol, Inter, Milan, Roma, West Ham, Man City looking at these same players as well. All of them are likely to offer me a huge amount of money, but I cannot afford to lose my players. I have thought about trying to rebuild, but I need some loyal players and need them quickly. :)

I have found my newest frustration. I am the 4th biggest club in Portugal, and the 235th biggest club in Europe (Using Coeffecients). Surely being the 4th biggest club in the nation I would not have more than half my team wanting to leave for a bigger club, its completely ridiculous. So right now I am looking for some young guns to replace the entire squad and I will start playing them.

If these guys want to leave, the list above now includes Novak wanting to leave as well. Aguero my ML just signed a new contract, but he is a poor player haha.

So Huge 17-20 year old scouting mission is now on to find every single star player I can and bring them back to AD Fafe as cheaply as I can.

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2019/20

November Update

How'd the games go

P. Ferrira 0:0 AD Fafe (LS)

MoM: Pants

AD Fafe 3:2 Vit.Setubal (LS)

Marcel (40,44), Radakovic (85)

MoM: Marcel

AD Fafe 1:2 Vit.Guimaraes (LS)

OG (65)

E.Amadora 0:1 AD Fafe (LS)

Perdigao (43)

AD Fafe 2:1 Braga (LS)

Marcel (59), Shala (90+2)

MoM: Cubukcu

AD Fafe 3:0 Nacional (LS)

Tarasenko (17), Radakovic (41), Filis (43)

MoM: Filis

League Position: 5th

Sporting 4:1 AD Fafe (LC)

Marcel (24)

With 4 wins 1 draw & a loss in the league I was delighted to see the club move up to 5th. The game against Sporting was 2:1 until the 89th minute and they put home two late ones to finish us off. Not chasing the League Cup after being drawn with Benfica, Sporting & Nacional (Thats 1st, 3rd & 4th from 2018/19), The Group of Death. Dag has only been missed because we are not scoring as well as we were with him, but Marcel is showing his skill, Filis showing he can replace Shala, & Crawford having a few good games too. Costa fits in beautifully with Pants at left back, and Sigursson & Novak can both play right back. Perdigao (the only Portuguese starter) is showing the reasons that I kept him over others. Garcia (All-time Goalscorer) is leaving the club for half a million in January. I am currently 30k under the wage budget and have 3m Transfer Budget, the board love me and most of my players. Currently only Radakovic wants to leave, but I will sort him and he will stay for at least the season unless I find a replacement.

Real Oviedo Season 2 End of season mini update.

Dead chuffed as we managed to survive in Liga Adelante finishing 17th. Will post a pre-season update that will be more interesting, about to embark on a huge scouting mssion in an effort to build a team capable of promotion

Well I've slept on it and remembered to breathe...and I'm back. More determined than ever to overcome that horrific 7-1 defeat to Roma. :(

Inter at home next :rolleyes: its not going to get any easier!

\o/ you show them iacovone!!! :D

Real Oviedo - Liga BBVA - Season Review 2015-16

"The one that got away..."

Media Prediction: 8th

Actual Finish: 2nd Graph

Well i'm sure that you are all aware of what happened on that final day of the season when we missed possibly our best ever chance of the title. The graph will also show just how close we came to winning the title and how we faded at the end. However, i'm going to try not to dwell too much on that and concentrate on the positives of what was the clubs greatest ever season. We managed to eclipse the clubs best ever finish of 3rd and will go direct into the group stages of the Champions League next season. Speaking of the Champions League, our debut season saw us reach the quarter finals of the competition, going out 2-1 on aggregate to AC Milan who had their keeper to thank for stopping the Blue tide swamping their goal. Our route to that point had seen us top a group consisting of Bayern Munich, Rangers and CSKA Sofia, before beating Bayer Leverkusen in the 1st knock-out round.

Let's look at the players that made the dream almost a reality:

Squad 1

Squad 2

Transfers 1 Transfers 2

Joaquin - Goes from strength to strength in the team. A real star in the making and a firm no. 1 in my team. Also voted 3rd best keeper in Liga BBVA - a great achievement for one so young. His performaces were rewarded with a call-up to national team for European Championships.

Rabben - The Norweigen RB spent much of the season battling with Marcos for the starting spot and just shaded it. As with all of my team, has massive potential and has plenty of interest

Marcos - As i mentioned, battled Rabben hard for the RB spot and deserves a mention.

Del Sol - LB is possibly the weak link in my team although Ander is by no means a shabby player. LB will probably be my top priority this summer though

Situ - Can't believe i almost sold him 18 months ago. A rock at the back and formed a great partnership with his countryman Appiah. Called up to French Squad for European Championships

Appiah - As mentioned he formed the basis of our miserly defence. Also on verge of French call-up, Wenger having watched him on a number of occasions.

Serov - My big money signing to replace Palacios, ended up being a bit-part player due to the partnership between Appiah and Situ. Unsettled but i want to keep him unless can get back money spent on him. Called up to French Squad for European Championships

Luis - Young Spanish CB deserving of more starts, but unable to quite make the breakthrough. A future star of the team though.

Dembele - Free transfer signing from PSG, formed a formidable partnership with Munoz in first half of season. Injury saw him compete with Raul in closing months of season

Munoz - Club captain and a Los Carbayones legend already at such a tender age. Heavy interest in him, he was initially unsettled at start of season but took on captaincy and led by example. More than happy again for now.

Raul - In most cases would be a certain starter but with Munoz in side he was competing with Dembele for a starting berth. One to keep hold of for sure

Rossello - young defensive midfielder with a future. i gave him a few games this season having called him into the squad ahead of Sielva. Played well when called upon.

Aizpurua - really settled into the RM position. the competition for position between him and Coufal raised their games. Another coveted by Europes leading teams.

Coufal - Czech winger who but for Aizpurua would be a star of the team. great back up player. Called up to Czech Squad for European Championships

Garcia Ardura - Great potential, another who started season unsettled following heavy interest from Valencia, became happy and signed a new long-term contract. great winger.

Garcia Fernandez - Young winger with bags of potential promoted to squad in second half of season. Good back-up and has fierce competition with Ardura and Pablo.

Pablo - Another player who doesn't play as much as deserves, due to the talent available at the club. Unsettled, so will have to manage him carefully.

Djordjevic - i haven't spoken too much about our towering Macedonian ST, signed for £300k last season, but he played his part in our success weighing in with some important goals, including a hat-trick in our penultimate game against Cadiz. Kept Gorrotxategi out of team for some of final games.

Montiel - More game time for our best 'homegrown' player. Is being tutored by Dixon in order to have some magic rub off hopefully. Still one for the future.

Gorrotxategi - Another great season from 'Gorro', he formed a great partnership with Dixon before injuries and poor form affected the last couple of moths of the season. Still needs to work on his consistency a little.

DIXON - what can i say, other than LEGEND. What a player, his record speaks for itself. Signed for £60k two seasons ago, now valued at £16 million and wanted by all the best clubs in the world. League top scorer to boot. i turned down 3 bids from Barcelona in the winter and he didn't grumble once. long may it continue!!!

Real Oviedo also saw a clean sweep in the Spanish young player of the year award, the winner being Michael Dixon with Alberto Garcia Ardura & Francisco Antonio Munoz as runners-up. This is great and deserved recognition for my youth policy.

On the finances front, it shows just how important how the Champions league is. We have since paid £13 million in shareholders dividends, but nevertheless it's still a huge jump in profits for the season. Hopefully i will get a lot of this back to re-invest in the squad and wages.

The Future

So what does the future hold?? i have toyed with the idea of bringing in a little more experience as this may have been the difference between us winning the title and not doing so. However, i have decided to try and stick to my principles wherever possible and so will continue to invest in youth. To that end, i have already signed Javier Torres from Almeria for £7.5 million having fought off interst from Chelsea, Inter Milan and a few others. he will provide more strength in depth in the DM position.

>>> TARGETS <<<

- Challenge for the title again. i want to prove we weren't one season wonders.

- Reach the Quarter finals of CL league again. This must be our minimum target from now on.

- Improve our performance in the Spanish Cup. we have never really challenged in the competition so it's time for a cup run.

- Keep the stars.

- Continue to invest in quality youth. I'm building a dynasty at Oviedo and youth is the best way to achieve this.

Help!

Hi I want to do a more extensive post but I don't have the 'new post' option. The only posting options I get don't have the option to bold or add attachments. Please could one of you let me know how to get it?

No one wants to leave anymore, problem solved. I transfer-listed all of them they then decided they wanted to stay and now my players are happy again.

I think that's what I should do. :D :D

And hope you can win the title next year rlipscombe!

Good update rlipscombe, I'll have a proper read when I get back from the pub (celebrating our return to form - 4-1 win over Inter! :D)

Disappointed you changed your font though :thdn::p. In fact I'm very disappointed.

Good update rlipscombe, I'll have a proper read when I get back from the pub (celebrating our return to form - 4-1 win over Inter! :D)

Disappointed you changed your font though :thdn::p. In fact I'm very disappointed.

ha ha. it's not deliberate. i have been writing it in hotmail the last couple of work lunches and just copied it into here. sorry it's not to your satisfaction. Any preferences - i can change it for you. ;)

Help!

Hi I want to do a more extensive post but I don't have the 'new post' option. The only posting options I get don't have the option to bold or add attachments. Please could one of you let me know how to get it?

do youhave the option to "Go Advanced" under your quick post? i can't remember what to do - been too long... :)

Try: USER CP -> Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options (scroll at the way down) -> Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

Cheers Rancer, that has worked you are a star. Now once the missus stops talking the wax out of my ears I will do a pre-season update. :thup:

Cheers Rancer, that has worked you are a star. Now once the missus stops talking the wax out of my ears I will do a pre-season update. :thup:

I am a star! :D

Btw, I have a future transfer arranged for ST Jesus and already sold Brazilian midfielder Gilvan to Sampdoria for the same I bought him half a year earlier...next to be sold might be my captain and my starting DM...

Villafane looks like he will be a great player. :thup:

And I'm not a fan of 2nd leg away games. I just narrowly defeated Deportivo in extra time to reach the semis of the Copa del Rey against Valencia. Good thing the 2nd leg is at home!

2026/27 G D R Monsanto End of Season Update

GDRM.gif

GDRM punch above their weight

2025/26 had seen us get back to winning ways and finish 5th in the league thanks to a tactical rethink. I attacked this season with renewed confidence and paid much more attention to the needs of my squad.

Our European adventures started with a difficult 4th Qualifying round draw against FC Twente away from home, we were fortunate to score two goals early doors and win that game 2-1, bringing the away goal advantage back to Campo di Piao were we managed a 1-1 draw to go through 3-2 on aggregate. We then got what I though was a tough group with Fiorentina and Leverkusen providing the main competition and Stabaek making up the numbers. When we got off to a good start beating Fiorentina 2-1 at home in a very tight game I knew I had finally found a formation that could stifle the bigger teams and give us a chance to progress. Drawing Lokomotiv Moscow in the first KO round was a godsend since they had only just scraped though their group, and we beat them 3-2 at home and 3-1 away. We also made it through the second round beating Shalke 6-3 on aggregate.

Our good form won us a Qtr Final tie against the might FC Bayern who had a simply awesome team, including non other than former Monsanto star front man Darci, who was now turning into a world class player and valued at an incredible £29M !! (I always knew he was destined for greatness!) The first game in the tie was away and Bayern showed their class beating us 4-2 with Darci netting twice and setting up another. Bayern must have thought the job was done because Darci didn't even start the return match at Campo di Piao, and in the proudest moment of Monsanto's history 976 fans saw us beat them 4-0 ! They just collapsed after conceding a penalty in the 67th minute and brought on Darci too late to have any impact on the game.

Our luck finally ran out when we came up against Tottenham in the Semi Final and despite a 2-1 win at home they were far to much for us at White Hart Lane and dispatched us 4-1. It was still a fantastic achievement to get so far in the competition.

Our run in Europe was matched by equally great runs in both the League Cup and Portuguese Cup. The Portuguese Cup Semi-Final saw us run into our nemesis, the unstoppable Porto. Our European adventures must have given the squad belief because they battled their way to a 2-1 extra time victory ! The first time we have ever beaten them :) A week later we faced them again in the League Cup and, with them no longer having an aura of invincibility, we took the game to a nervy penalty shoot-out and won our first ever silverware :)

After beating Porto twice and winning the League Cup, the Portuguese Cup Final was merely a formality against second division Lieria who we easily beat 2-0 to complete the double !!!

Our league position suffered a bit of course, but the cup gave us Euro qualification. You can see the league was a much closer affair this year and Porto's dominance might finally be coming to end after they conceded 21 goals this time round compared to last years 8. My transfer activity was a lot more balanced and then at the end of all that excitement finally we were given the news I had been waiting for since the game began, Monsanto are moving to a new 26,000 seater stadium !! :)

Fausto Rosado was named player of the year and at the heart of defence he drives the team on to fight for their lives in every game ! I just hope I can hold on to him by giving him the responsibility of Captain next season.

Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division C1              11th  
2010-2011    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division C1               7th  
2011-2012    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1              10th
2012-2013    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1               4th
2013-2014    GDR Monsanto  2nd Division D1               1st  Promotion
2014-2015    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  7th
2015-2016    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  4th  Portuguese Cup Qtr Finalist
2016-2017    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                 13th
2017-2018    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Vitalis                  2nd  Promotion
2018-2019    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  14th
2019-2020    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  13th
2020-2021    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  11th
2021-2022    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   9th  Cleared club debt
2022-2023    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   5th  Portuguese Cup Finalist, 
                                                             Qualified for Euro Cup
2023-2024    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   7th  Euro Cup Fourth Qualifying round
2024-2025    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                  12th
2025-2026    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   5th  Qualified for Euro Cup
2026-2027    GDR Monsanto  LIGA Sagres                   7th  Euro Cup Semi Final, 
                                                             Won Portuguese and League Cups

you rattle through the seasons TanO!! great success in Europe and congrats on cup wins. i think league form doesn't matter too much considering.... Great news on ground too. will do wonders for your finances...

Oviedo Pre-Season update 2011/2012

Having survived in Liga Adelante the board gave me a hefty transfer budget of 3.2 million to spend. This was great as I figured that the players we had, had taken us as far as they could. So a major overhaul was needed. I released 13 players at the end of their contracts. Not sure if I have been too radical!

Having scouted a ridiculous amount of players and received numerous rejections (oh the pain!) I have managed to put a squad together I think is capable of getting promotion if not this year then the next.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/Sipovicprofile2011.jpg - Enes Sipovic cost 1.3 mil a bit steep but think he could well be part of the club for years to come. Once he has learnt the language I expect him to be a rock at th eheart of our defence.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/sergiodiazprofile2011.jpg - Sergio Diaz is our other centre back he was signed last year for 150k and proved to be very solid and has a knack for scoring goals.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/floreaprofile2011.jpg- Daniel Florea was spotted by my scout in Romania. I really like his dribbling abilty. I can see him playing up front and on the wing.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/Donnarummapofile2011.jpg - Donnarumma picked this lad up on a free and I am really looking forward to seeing him gel into the squad. I suspect he could well become an Oviedo legend and at the very least dominate in the Liga Adelante.

Really hoping for a promotion push. :thup:

Well well, back on track perhaps?

Just played the Juve game (0-0) at home but followed it up with a stunning 2-1 win at Napoli \o/. Roma and Milan leading the way after 13 games but only 4 and 3 points ahead of us :).

Hey in your end of season updates, for the coded bit at the end would it be possible to use shortenings for the names of the cups as it has seriously stretched out the page width wise and makkes the rest of your post hard to read.

TanO My god you are flying through the seasons, good to see some cup wins there and keeping in Europe, hopefully I can catch up to you in seasons played and we can have a Fafe vs Monsanto rivalry in Portugal.

Rlips - I will read yours soon just need to eat first, but looks like it was a case of close but no cigar, a harsh ending on the final day. Keep your chin up.

Iacovone - If you had quit after that I would've sent the crew to hunt you down. I want to see some completions this year before FM10 comes out.

:D

Just lost in the Italian Cup on penalties (just for a change). I think that's 5 penalty shoot outs I've lost now. Don't think I've won one yet! Not a huge deal as the Italian Cup is a nothing event for me these days. However we shouldn't be losing to Atalanta really. Serie A and CL remain

EDIT: Stadium expansion complete \o/. Nearly up to 36k now.

Sadly Fabio Bertolucci (last years fans player of the year, assist record holder and potentially this year's World Football of the Year) is on his way out of the club. Since he decided he wanted a new challenge he's been pretty poor this year. Distinctly lower ratings and much fewer assists. I think its time for a new generation to come to the club :(. Secco will probably be the next one out too. He's currently in the middle of being dropped from the squad for some awful performances so expect to see him bid goodbye soon.

Its a shame to see a number of these guys leave but I've come to the conclusion that this is just a necessary part of finding success in this challenge. You have to begrudgingly say goodbye to a lot of your stars and operate a revolving door policy if you're going to make it to the top as its not worth the hassle and poorer performances of trying to keep them!

So in that respect this season could be a 'rebuilding' season. It will probably mean we sacrifice anymore success but its necessary imo.

You have to begrudgingly say goodbye to a lot of your stars and operate a revolving door policy if you're going to make it to the top as its not worth the hassle and poorer performances of trying to keep them!

Definitely agree with that ! It might be easier to keep players happy if we had reserve teams but in my game every time I've had a quality player for more than 2 seasons he has usually got the hump and ruined the team. :eek:

Secco, Quinto, Bertolucci and Cilona make the World Team of the Year. Cilona for the 6th time in his career! 4 more in the team were ex-Savonisti :rolleyes:

Blixt came 2nd in Mid of the Year

Secco 3rd in Def of the Year.

Fabio Bertolucci has gone to Barcelona for £34m :thdn:.

Oviedo Pre-Season update 2011/2012

Having survived in Liga Adelante the board gave me a hefty transfer budget of 3.2 million to spend. This was great as I figured that the players we had, had taken us as far as they could. So a major overhaul was needed. I released 13 players at the end of their contracts. Not sure if I have been too radical!

Having scouted a ridiculous amount of players and received numerous rejections (oh the pain!) I have managed to put a squad together I think is capable of getting promotion if not this year then the next.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/Sipovicprofile2011.jpg - Enes Sipovic cost 1.3 mil a bit steep but think he could well be part of the club for years to come. Once he has learnt the language I expect him to be a rock at th eheart of our defence.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/sergiodiazprofile2011.jpg - Sergio Diaz is our other centre back he was signed last year for 150k and proved to be very solid and has a knack for scoring goals.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/floreaprofile2011.jpg- Daniel Florea was spotted by my scout in Romania. I really like his dribbling abilty. I can see him playing up front and on the wing.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/Yababo/Donnarummapofile2011.jpg - Donnarumma picked this lad up on a free and I am really looking forward to seeing him gel into the squad. I suspect he could well become an Oviedo legend and at the very least dominate in the Liga Adelante.

Really hoping for a promotion push. :thup:

some promising signings there yababo... the Bosnian CB looks pretty solid and could develop into a quality player. Florea could become a good player but Donnarumma is my favourite. could develop into a really good player. hoepfully you can keep him a long time.

good luck.

Sadly Fabio Bertolucci (last years fans player of the year, assist record holder and potentially this year's World Football of the Year) is on his way out of the club. Since he decided he wanted a new challenge he's been pretty poor this year. Distinctly lower ratings and much fewer assists. I think its time for a new generation to come to the club :(. Secco will probably be the next one out too. He's currently in the middle of being dropped from the squad for some awful performances so expect to see him bid goodbye soon.

Its a shame to see a number of these guys leave but I've come to the conclusion that this is just a necessary part of finding success in this challenge. You have to begrudgingly say goodbye to a lot of your stars and operate a revolving door policy if you're going to make it to the top as its not worth the hassle and poorer performances of trying to keep them!

So in that respect this season could be a 'rebuilding' season. It will probably mean we sacrifice anymore success but its necessary imo.

i agree. looking at ass man reports for my, in my opinion, quality squad, many are only 4 stars. if i'm to break through i might have to make a few hard decisions and cash in on a couple. One such person is Appiah. He's been great for me but i have a potential target in mind who is so much better in ratings etc.

Could be a tricky summer this one. i don't really want to rest on my laurels but i don't want to get complacent.

I got complacent this summer without a doubt. Trying to make up for it this January but struggling at the moment. Although having said that if two potential deals go through we'll absolutely gut Inter's side. The best GK in the world Enrico Costanzo could be coming for a fortune. And their striker Cappellin as well to add more fire power. Combined total of about £50m. :eek:

Just lost away to Lazio in the 94th min of a 93 min game. :(

2012/13 - C.D. Mirandes - SPanish Second Division B2 - Pre Season (Season 4)

Friendlies

Granada At.              0 - 0          [b]Mirandes[/b]

Univ. Zaragoza           0 - 2          [b]Mirandes[/b]

Jesus Robio (Pen. 6)
                                       Hector (36)

Fundacion Logrones       1 - 2          [b]Mirandes[/b]

Daniel Cabanillas (50)                  Alberto (8)
                                       German Pacheco (73)

Chantrea                 1 - 4          [b]Mirandes[/b]

Raul Martinez (53)                      Alberto (1, 22)
                                       German Pacheco (42, 69)

Ribadesella              0 - 4          [b]Mirandes[/b]

Jesus Robio (46)
                                       Alberto (70, 90+1)
                                       Hector (79)

Alburquerque             0 - 7          [b]Mirandes[/b]

German Pacheco (12, 16, 44)
                                       Xabier Eizagirre (20)
                                       David Garcia Moreno Own Goal (24)
                                       Alberto (38)
                                       Manrique (83)
                                       Manuel Sent Off (28)

A very good pre-season. It's the best pre-season we've had in the four seasons I have been at the club. Hopefully this bodes well, and I hope to take this form into our competitive matches.

Transfers

In/Out Overview

In:

Manuel - DC

After the exit of Sergio Gamiz (contract expiry), I had to bring in another DC. Iturned to Manuel who shows some talent at just 19 years of age. The fact he didn't cost me a penny sweetened the deal.

Jon Fernandez de Antona - GK

As I stated in the last season review, I was looking for a GK. Unfortunatley I couldn't find anyone of the calibre I desired. So instead I opted to dip my toes into the 'loan market'. Antona has joined us for the season on loan from Athletic. He is going to act as cover for Monteagudo, and I will look at bringing in a new GK next season.

Sergio - MC

My central midfield was looking a little sparse, and so I hastely brought in a new face. Sergio was a free agent, and one of my scouts suggested I take a look at him. So I did. Sergio is another youngster who looks in great shape. He is now on penalty taking duties and should hopefully bag a couple of goals this season too.

A fairly quiet summer transfer window for us this season, but I feel we already possess a lot of quality and I decided to stick with the team from last season.

Out:

There were only three contract expiries this season and they were all promptly released. I also offloaded None to Burgos on a free as he was surplus to requirements, and it would ease up the wage bill too.

Edit: Rlipscombe - Villafane looks amazing. I actually gasped when I looked at the screenshot. He looks like he will be brilliant (althogh he already looks brilliant) when he is a little older. :thup:

Archived