JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

Just made the playoffs on head-to-head results, we play Portosummaga in our first promtion playoff.

We beat them 2-0 at home and drew 1-1 away in the regular season, hoping for similar results again. I hate playoffs :(

EDIT - I got similar results alright, 0-0 draw at home, then a 2-0 away win :) Through to the final playoff against Varese, who also got relegated last season.

Another Edit -

We drew 0-0 at home again, then won the 2nd leg 3-0 away! Briels scored a goal, but my 3rd goal was scored by my 16 year old CB Fabio Capaccione on his debut, with a shot outside the area. Just noticed he has 7 star potential.

So after last season disappointing relegation, we've been re-promoted to the C/1A!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casale - Italian Serie C/2A, 2012/13 (Season 4)

Media Prediction - 6th

Casale began the season with one clear objective - Get promoted back up to Serie C/1A. The campaign started relatively well, with Casale topping their Serie C Cup group, and notching up wins in their first 2 league games.

After this decent start, however, they started to drop the points that mattered, and at the halfway point of the season, were sitting in a midtable position. Having already been knocked out of the Serie C Cup in the 1st Round, they only had the league to focus on.

In January, they started an unbeaten run that lasted until Febuary 21st, where they were undone by league favourites, Pro Sesto. That loss started a 6 match winless run.

With 5 games to go, it was a miracle that they were still only 2 points outside the Playoff spots. They went on to win 4 out of 5 matches, and clich the final playoff spot by finishing 5th. Their up-and-down season finished on a high, but could they do well in the Playoffs?

The Promotion Chase

4 teams remained in the promotion race. The match ups where 2nd placed Portosummaga v 5th placed Casale, and 3rd placed Pro Sesto v 4th placed Varese. In a tough tie Casale prevailed with a 2-0 away win after a 0-0 home draw. They went on to face Varese, who were with them in the Serie C/1A last season.

Again Casale started of with a 0-0 home draw, and pundits questioned whether or not they would be able to get promoted. But yet again, the away leg proved to be the winning leg, with Casale running out 3-0 victors. So now that the playoffs were finished, Cassale were promoted again, and their fans where pleased.

Players of the Season

Jordy Briels - Another spectactular season, scored in both playoff wins.

Dani Rado - I really found out how much he meant to the team last season, this time he didn't get a broken leg, and his presence lifted the team whenever we were down.

Julio Viola - After last season big disappointing seaon which left the fans questioning whether or not he was worth 20k, he responded by having a pretty decent season.

The Search for "Casale's Next Top Striker" will be remaining next season. This Year Contestant, Marcus Hanikel, proved to be a major flop, 9 goals in 27 game recieves a lowly 4/10 score from me.

Squad

(I forgot to do screenies of the club overview/facilities this seasson, sorry!)

Finances | Transfers | Transfer Centre

The Story So Far...

Season      League                   	Position       Achievements
2012/13	    Serie C/2A			   5th		Promoted via Playoffs

Next Season

1. Stay in C/1A, defintely need to stay up
  2. Sort out my finances a bit
  3. Find a consistent striker

Congratulations on promotion d-machine! Viola is technically brilliant. If he could improve his physicals a little then he would be a brilliant player.

You had quite the fluctuation in league position this season, but at least it ended well. Good look in your second attempt at Serie C/1. :thup:

congrats d-machine. touch and go for a while but well done on getting back up.

loving the "Casale's Next Top Striker" competition too!! :D

I've got the next contestant ;) A young french striker, I'll post his profile tomorrow, going to bed now.

For most of the season, there were about 8-9 teams within 4 points of each other, it was very tight in the middle, a couple of slip up and you could potentially be gone. We were lucky that we had our slip ups when we did, or else we could've finished 9th or something.

Another consortium is planning a takeover, hopefully this time it won't fall through, I'm sick of my chairman.

Cheers for the good luck messages guys. :thup:

Now at the end of Sept and Messina have just gone to the top of the table - 13 out of 15 points from the first 5 games, although I have played 3 of the bottom 4 predicted sides so far, so that could skew things slightly.

Got Serie C1A side Ancona away in the first round proper of the Serie C cup, which could prove a task too far.. we'll see!

Well done on promotion d-machine, timed your playoff run to perfection! :D

Montesin Update

The guy is becoming a fan's favourite already - helps when in 5 games you have 4 goals, 4 assists and 2 MoMs to your name!! :D

Note: He is my penalty taker though.

So my squad is completed. It took a fair bit of renovation as you can see from my transfers.

The new stars of the Domegliara team are:

Luca Minopoli half of my midfield pairing that look (to me at least) good enough to make a big impact this season.

Nichola Iachemet is, I think my star player, both footed and skilful.

Giuseppe Casisa is the other half of the midfield pairing and my captain.

And whilst I've been doing that, I've emerged victorious (3-1) from my first league game of the season. A result which has seen me hit the top of the table. Too early to make predictions, but at least it shows I can compete.

Casale - Italian Serie C/2A, 2012/13 (Season 4)

Julio Viola - After last season big disappointing seaon which left the fans questioning whether or not he was worth 20k, he responded by having a pretty decent season.

Definitely a good season there D, and I agree staying up is important, as for Viola watch out for jump ropes he will have a problem with them. :p

So my squad is completed. It took a fair bit of renovation as you can see from my transfers.

The new stars of the Domegliara team are:

Nichola Iachemet is, I think my star player, both footed and skilful.

Giuseppe Casisa is the other half of the midfield pairing and my captain.

And whilst I've been doing that, I've emerged victorious (3-1) from my first league game of the season. A result which has seen me hit the top of the table. Too early to make predictions, but at least it shows I can compete.

I do like Casisa & Iachemet, look like the perfect players to continue the fame of a Domegliara club that needs some success, congrats on the early win, hopefully it continues and you can build a great legacy. :)

Now at the end of Sept and Messina have just gone to the top of the table - 13 out of 15 points from the first 5 games.

Just played my first 5 games, and I too have picked 13 out of 15 points.

I realise I'm posting a lot. But a quick update on my progress. 8 games into the season and I have picked up 22 points from 24.

Very nice start there. Currently I am 20 games into my season on 30pts (8 behind 7th, and 6 behind 6th(Euro), fighting hard). Currently playing against Maritimo (5th) at home a win here is most important, then its time for the run home, 9 games left after this.

PRDH don't worry about posting a lot :D. I've had times where I've posted 5/6 in a row just because I got so into my game. The more posts the better for a thread as wonderful as this ;). Excellent start too keep it up :thup:

Portuguese Cup Quarterfinals

AD Fafe (8th) 2:3 Benfica (1st)

Boavista (11th) 0:3 Sporting (2nd)

Santa Clara (2DD) 0:2 Maritimo (5th)

Porto (3rd) 3:0 Guimaraes (4th)

I have never beaten Benfica, record against them is 0-1-13, 6 goals for, 36 goals against. My worst record against any team in the division.

10 min - A huge shot from Marcel bounces off the woodwork and goes wide, while in other games Sporting take the lead.

12 min - AD Fafe are under sustained pressure from Benfica as Sporting stretch their lead, Boavista are in trouble early.

37 min - Costa is taken off with an injury, with no left backs available they go to Alexio to play the opposite side.

40 min - Radakovic puts a header off the crossbar and it drifts wide.

Halftime - 0:0 - Have to be happy to have kept them scoreless through the first half, they have been all over us, but we have withstood it all and had a couple of chances of our own. Sporting lead 2:0, and the other game is tied at 0:0 still.

50 min - Gutwrenching as their striker got free in our area and sent it home 0:1. At the same time Porto finally took a 1:0 lead as well.

53 min - And they doubled their lead just 3 mins later, a gutting series of events.

55 min - Di Guiseppe fires it in from the right edge of the box and into the net, GOAL!!! 1:1 a chance is still on.

60 min - Radakovic runs past the defenders as the ball lands at his feet, the goalie comes out, he steps off one foot and heads the other way, past the keeper, the net is open.....and.....Sporting extend their lead as Radakovic misses.

70 min - A bit of back and forward as Fafe try to equalise, Porto manage to put their game beyond doubt and Boavista drop to 10 men.

87 min - With both strikers nursing injuries the game looked over, but a cross from Rocha to Kiselev on the right was fired back at the goal, the Benfica goalie didn't see it coming and the late equaliser is in.

89 min - The curse strikes again, just as they thought they had extra time, Benfica put a ball into the box and pushing Kiselev out of the way they head it home. 2:3. But the goal is disallowed for offside, the game continues.

90+1 - Another cross into the box, this time they climb all over Tarasenko, and head it home, goal and that should wrap the game up with only injury time to play.

Fulltime - 2:3 - I really can't be disappointed with that, a huge game all around, and imagine what could've been if Radakovic had sunk into the open net. Oh well we played well and they played a little better. My favourite game so far this season, and to me proof that I am not far off the top teams now. And my team is very young.

Fans/Attendance - Top League

I am baffled I came 4th & 5th in the last two seasons, I have a 15000 seat stadium, but I can only attract 4500 fans to my games. This is a little ridiculous haha, I may have slumped this season, but it is still a little strange that I don't have more fans, what is wrong with football in Portugal? Oh and my joke of a 38k sponsorship when Sporting get 38M, the gap is huge...they also have huge crowds compared to mine haha.

Club      Average   Highest  Capacity  
1 Porto      38,632     50,201   50,476
2 Benfica    37,557     60,116   65,647
3 Sporting   29,380     40,659   50,466
4 Guimarães  19,578     30,000   30,146
5 Braga      15,614     25,745   30,286
6 Académica   6,872     19,068   30,075
7 Marítimo    5,791      8,440    8,922
8 Boavista    5,385     17,875   28,263
9 Leixões     5,038     12,710    9,821
10 Setúbal     3,256      4,850   18,694
11 Belenenses  2,810      7,889   19,980
12 U.Leiria    2,252      8,960   23,850
13 Naval       2,202      4,981    9,116
14 P.Ferreira  2,035      3,390    5,172
15 Nacional    1,568      4,711    5,132
16 E.Amadora   1,407      4,503    9,288 

Its actually similar to real life, hmmm wonder why it is sooo bad.

Walcott\'s Wonderkids and PRDH - Good luck in Italy :thup:

yababo - I'm having trouble finding time to play aswell between work and other commitments, but I'm in no rush. I'll take my time and enjoy it when I can. Got a long weekend now with Monday a holliday here in Norway.

d-machine - Congrats on getting back up. Good luck on the next season. Hope you can get a foothold in the division now.

I've played 21 games of the new season in Ligue 2 and it's gone amazingly well so far. Started out shaky with 1 win in the first 6 league games, but 4 of them where draws. We picked up more draws after that aswell and at times I felt we played really bad even against teams we should beat. But I stuck with the tactics and now we've won 5 in a row making it 10-8-3.

That's actually enough to put us 4th. This league is as even as the National was. There's 10 teams within 9 points of eachother. So it dont take much of a slip before you're below mid-table again. Only OGC Nice Côted'Azur have pulled ahead a bit. No wonder looking at their players. They should not be in this division at all.

Martial Riff who I had high hopes for have only played 8 games. He's been injured twice for 3-4 weeks and have missed 4 games due to u21 internationals. Really annoying, cause he's played extremely well when he's been available. In fact I think 8 of my 10 wins have come with him on the pitch.

Gueye, the striker I was hoping would be a consistent force have been the biggest dissapointment. 2 goals in 15 starts and I've had it with him really. I might put Leroy up front. He's my top scorer with 7 so far from the wing.

My scouts have found lots of players I would love to have, but all of them cost money and I dont have any in my budget. Also the few free ones wont come cause my wage budget dont allow me to give them any sort of good deals atm. Finances however are on the up. Even beeing £23k over our wagebudget we're making a steady profit. This is due to the attendance and TV-rights. I said I was hoping to double last years attendance, but it's actually been 4x that. We're an average of 4099 so far in home matches. Really promising.

Getting close to the January transfer window, but it will likely be very quiet for me. I'm gonna search for a striker, again, but with no money to spend and pocketchange of wages to offer I dont expect much.

Ohanzee - A nice start there in Ligue 2, I must say long weekends are great, I have one here in New Zealand so I am hoping to crack out a couple of seasons. I'm a little worried about being fired though. I have been below expectations all season, and for some reason my team are completely inconsistent, we got close to beating Benfica, the Champs twice, but we kept failing against the easybeats meaning we are sitting 8th with 4 games left.

Expectations vs Results

League - ^6th - 8th

Euro - Group - Group

Cup - Semi - Quarter

League Cup - Semi - Quarter

My Job is still listed as secure, but it is sliding, good thing I am 15k under on wages, and I have lifted the clubs stature or I would be in serious trouble.

For a little more insight Fafeful Moments Now had an interview with Des Tiny to discuss the season and his hopes for the future.

I knew people would start using it in challenges :D Pitty i'm on a computer without sound at the moment, so I can't hear it :( When I get my new computer (hopefully next week) I'll start making my own :)

Unlucky season Des, hope you can improve next time. Portugal looks like a really interesting and frustrating place to manage if your not one of the Big 3.

Casale Pre-Season Report

After getting repromoted, Casale's manager David Machine didn't go out of the way to improve the squad, claiming that it already capable of surviving as long as the players performed well. The one notable signing was that of young french striker, Christian Gambini.

His other notable deal was that his full back, Massimo Carella, is now co-owned by Perugia, a deal costing the Serie B side 275k. That lifted Machine's finances out of the red.

And onto the friendlies he went. Unfortunately, mot of his friendlies ended up being cancelled due to Italian Cup or Serie C Cup games. However, his game against Chievo went wasn't cancelled, and Casale went on to manage a wonderful 2-1 over the top Serie B club.

The Italian Cup draw favoured them as well. As was the case 2 seasons ago, they faced Sasuolo in the First Qualifying Round, and went on to win 3-1 thanks to a brilliant headed goal from Julio Viola.

They then faced Serie B club Cesena in the next round. Despite going a goal and a man down by the 60th minute, they fought back to lead 2-1, and looked set to upset their host. However, Cesena made their numerical advantage payoff, scoring an equaliser, before scoring again in extra time. Final Score 3-2, but all-in-all, a great effort.

Casale then went on to win their first league game 1-0 over Legano.

A bit of drama was to follow. Another consortium is looking to takeover the club. Wil the chairman leave Casale this time? Or will it fall through for the 3rd time in a year? And more importantly, if the consortium goes through, will Machine still be in charge?

I knew people would start using it in challenges :D Pitty i'm on a computer without sound at the moment, so I can't hear it :(

Unlucky season Des, hope you can improve next time. Portugal looks like a really interesting and frustrating place to manage if your not one of the Big 3.

Its completely ridiculous being outside the top three, and yeah I loved the video idea, and it is so much fun to do it all. I can't believe how much my season was worse than the one before. Hopefully I can pick it up.

Consortium takeover was successful, now to see if I keep my job...

EDIT - Yikes! Just lost 5-0 to Rimini, that won't please my new chairman...

Ouch thats not a good way to start under a new boss, hopefully you can do something to impress him. :)

Edit - Well I just grabbed a new contract extension of 3 years, now signed on til June 2024.

I kept my job after a dominate 2-0 win in the Serie C Cup. He only gave the club 130k :( Won't last long seeing we're losing around 50k a month.

Keeping the job is the most important thing. I have found m money is coming mainly from buying every young star I can find and then selling them on in a couple of seasons. I get only 1mil a season for Transfers and I am in the top 100 clubs in Europe. I NEED to get more people coming to my games to boost my books so that I can move up, this season i have a bunch of Youth who will be future stars who i am going to try and hold onto forever.

...My Computer just crashed...autosave is sooo going back on now, I just lost 3 months of the game...Back to April. I will get through that bit quickly I think just basically ignoring the team, or trying to better my 8th spot, as unlikely as that seems...

It's so irritating when that happens. You've made me save my game again as a precaution.

It's so irritating when that happens. You've made me save my game again as a precaution.

Well it looks like I should still hang onto 8th, and a huge result in the last game may get me one place higher, but I have auto save on once a month now so I won't lost half what I did before. Updated Season Update coming very soon.

Bad luck with the crash Des. I love the interview with Fafeful Moments Now :D, absolutely brilliant :thup: :thup:

"I am a man of Fafe" - hahahahaha brilliant!! :D

Don't worry too much about taking a backwards step this season, it happens. I found the best thing to do is to keep your squad together as much as possible and let them gel over the summer. If you think your players are good enough, they probably just need more time to mature together.

Bad luck with the crash Des. I love the interview with Fafeful Moments Now , absolutely brilliant

"I am a man of Fafe" - hahahahaha brilliant!!

Don't worry too much about taking a backwards step this season, it happens. I found the best thing to do is to keep your squad together as much as possible and let them gel over the summer. If you think your players are good enough, they probably just need more time to mature together.

Thanks for the liking of the video clip :) Man of Fafe had to come into it haha... Yeah I think that they do really just need some experience and gelling to be a team worth challenging for the title. Shala has left, but the rest are here for the next season. :)

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2020/21

End of Season Update

Predicted: 7th

Actual: 8th

League Cup: 3rd Round

Portuguese Cup: Quarterfinals

Euro Cup: 3rd Group L

European Rank: 88th (157th) (6th of Portuguese Clubs)

The Season in General

We had a poor start to the season, but this improved. Never really in contention for Europe this year as a little bit of infighting and inexperience led us down to become a mid table team. Also with a large number of younger players in the side the sheer amount of football was taking its toll as well. The only competition where we met our expectations was in the European Cup where we made it to the group stage and finished third. We very nearly got further in the Portuguese cup, but Benfica managed to score late in the game to make it into the Semi-finals. The Cups were a little disappointing and our bad run in the group stage of Europe is what lead to our first drop down the table. My job looked stable but anything can happen after such a disappointing season.

For a little more insight Fafeful Moments Now had an interview with Des Tiny to discuss the season and his hopes for the future.

The League

In the league we were never in contention, and the only reason i can see us failing is our away form, at home we played great football. We even got close to knocking over the top teams, but away from home we are dreadful.

The Awards

Fans player of the Year: Radakovic

Best XI: Gresovnik, Kiselev, Pantovic, Mendes, Tarasenko, Crawford, Di Giuseppe, Tiago, Shala, Moreira, Radakovic. Subs: Cubukcu, Stein, Janssen, Rocha, Marcel, Costa, Rodriguez.

Overall XI: Carrasso, Novak, Esnaola, Tarasenko, Monasterio, Perdigao, Shala, Aguero, Moreno, Garcia, Radakovic. Subs: Cubukcu, Pantovic, Coentrao, Crawford, Barros, Aakre, Melim.

The Squad

The Squad

Goalkeepers

Cubukcu - Started the season as the number one keeper, but was surpassed during the season. He also gained Portuguese citizenship during the year.

Gresovnik - He started poorly, but a great middle season saw him take the top spot and become Fafe's number one keeper. With many years to come he is going to take it home.

Defense

Pantovic - Pants is the best left back in the squad by a long way, and probably one of the best in the division as well.

Mendes - The new boy showed himself up, and really was a rock at the back, considering his age he will be a star in the future.

Tarasenko - The Vice-captain of the squad is the cement that holds us together. He still needs a bit of experience, but working together the current squad can do it. Captain next season.

Kiselev - The starting right back in our squad is a bit of a star, and showing hmself as such. Still young so he has many years ahead of him, hopefully we can hold onto him.

Stein - He is the oldest man in our team, he is basically now a back-up, but he still gets a bit of game time with the boys around him.

Costa - Reserve fullback and winger, Costa is getting a little annoyed that he is not getting first team football. He will probably remain a back-up and if we find a replacement he will be sold.

Alexio - He was originally brought in as cover for centre and right backs, but by the end of the season following injuries he had stepped up to challenge for the top spots.

Midfield

Shala - He had a stunning season, but he would not sign a new contract, and with the interest from other clubs it was not a surprise when he left.

Tiago - He had an ok season, nothing spectacular, but he has a lot of seasons left in him. One of the young guns who will be taking over.

Edevair - This guy is going to be a back up right across the midfield, I am not sure if he will start, but definitely accurate cover when he is needed.

Janssen - In and out of the squad all season, he looks like he may have what it takes in the future, but like the rest he needs some experience.

Di Guiseppe - He played more on the right than anyone else this season, but he still has a way to go, and is likely to be replaced in the Summer.

Juan - He started the season behind Crawford, but in just a few short games he had trained his way into the squad, and took over showing everyone else how to play in the middle.

Crawford - The american is a man for the future, but his performances still need to improve somewhat before he is ready.

Rocha - This guy is the next big thing in attacking midfielders, without a doubt he will take the number one spot this next season, look out for some stunning work.

Strikers

Radakovic - My player of the season, but he is still not the striker we need, 15 goals is not quite enough. He has finally made it to 50 league goals as he chases down Garcia at the top of the Fafe all-time lists.

Marcel - The youngster didn't have the best of seasons, and really needs to get in a goalscoring groove, but he is young enough that in the future he should star in this team.

Moreira - This boy started the season in our youth team, he is a product of our academy, and he ended up playing as we were a little short. He showed some skill, but did play over 20 hours without a goal at one point.

Around the Traps

World Club: Chelsea

Euro Super Cup: Chelsea

Champs League: Real Madrid

Euro Cup: Bayern Munich

Liga Sagres: Benfica

Liga Vitalis: Leiria

2nd Division: Oliveirense

Portuguese Cup: Porto

League Cup: Maritimo

Sponsorship Increase to 650k per annum and the Chairman has loaned us 1.8mil to help with running costs.

Finances are up and down as always.

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Club History

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|
|  Season  | Division  | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |
| 2009/10  |   2nd A   |       [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7781/2009101st.png"]4th[/url]       |        [url="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8661/200910pro.png"]2nd[/url]          |
| 2010/11  |   2nd A   |       [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5898/2010111st.png"]3rd[/url]       |        [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4011/201011pro.png"]4th[/url]          |
| 2011/12  |   2nd A   |       [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9030/2011121st.png"]1st[/url]       |        [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7632/201112pro.png"]2nd[/url]          | League Champions
| 2012/13  |   2nd A   |       [url="http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/569/2012131st.png"]1st[/url]       |        [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6647/201213pro.png"]1st[/url]          | League Champions & Promotion
| 2013/14  |  Vitalis  |       [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2931/201314.png"]5th[/url]       |        N/A          | 
| 2014/15  |  Vitalis  |       [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2622/201415.png"]1st[/url]       |        N/A          | League Champions & Promotion
| 2015/16  |  Sagres   |      [url="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4926/201516.png"]13th[/url]       |        N/A          |
| 2016/17  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8968/201617.png"]8th[/url]       |        N/A          | Euro Cup via Sporting Play
| 2017/18  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5683/201718.png"]8th[/url]       |        N/A          | 
| 2018/19  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5983/201819.png"]4th[/url]       |        N/A          | Euro Cup via League Finish
| 2019/20  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/301/ligasagres.png"]5th[/url]       |        N/A          | Euro Cup via League Finish
| 2020/21  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/301/ligasagres.png"]8th[/url]       |        N/A          | 

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Players History

The Best of the Best

bestplay.png

The 100 Club

the100club.jpg

David Moreno, Jonathan, Tiago Rodrigues, Kipulo, Hector Garcia, Josu Esnaola, Ruben, "The Monster", Paulo Ricardo, Nicolas Aguero, Tom Erik Shala, Ernesto, John Astrup, Aleksandar Radakovic, Mykola Tarasenko and "Pants"

**Mid-Season Update** 2009/10 - Domegliara Serie C2/C

I have reached the mid-point of my first season in charge of Domegliara. Out if interest does anyone know their nickname? If not I'm going to christen them 'The Domes' unless anyone has a better idea, possibly something more Italian, they play in red and black stripes, so I suppose the obvious would be to call them the Rossoneri, like AC Milan, but it seems unoriginal. Anyway to the more important issues.

League

The season started fantastically with a run of 7 wins in 8 games taking me quickly to the top of the table. Unfortunately, an injury crisis struck down the key players all at once. Casisi, captain and definite star, was out as were his first choice midfield partners. It was a makeshift midfield. I struggled on, and fell off the top of the table. It looked like the media might be right, and the early form disappear to confirm me as mid-table also-rans. BUT, the players started to get fit again, and with their return so the form lifted. Leaving me 1st after 17 games with 17 left to play. The media are even starting to jump on the bandwagon. No longer suggesting any fans of 'The Domes' are foolhardy to expect anything, and instead saying we are beginning to make people believe it could be a successful season. Incidentally, the board also already love me, and my signings.

Cup

The cup was a bit of a damp squib. It started well enoguh with a victory over Messina, but quickly collapsed and I didn't get past the group stage. Still, I'd have willing sacrificed it for a good placing in the league approaching Christmas.

It is nice to be at Domegliara, where there are no records of note existing. So I am able to build up the history basically from scratch.

**Mid-Season Update** 2009/10 - Domegliara Serie C2/C

I have reached the mid-point of my first season in charge of Domegliara. Out if interest does anyone know their nickname? If not I'm going to christen them the 'Domes' unless anyone has a better idea. Anyway to the more important issues.

I don't know of a nickname for the club and a quick search brings up none either. A great start there, hopefully you can keep it up and make the step up.

In the meantime I have made some changes to my scouting network, and I now have the following team scouting the world (Name JA/JP): Louro 19/20, Andre 20/20, Teixiera 20/20, Cardosa 20/19, Real 19/19, Baptista 19/19, Matos 20/20, Borges 20/20, Alves 19/19, Silva 19/20, Vilela 19/20, Rodrigues 20/19. (In the rest of the world there are only 20 other scouts with 20 JA or JP).

LLR - Nice result there. I usually do a friendly tour of the Faroe Islands myself. Those kind of results really boost the morale I feel. Hope you can back to the top next year. If away games are the main problem mabye try a different tactic? I dunno if you're staying with the same one through and through, but I found playing alot more caucious away helped me alot when playing in Croatia and Romania. At home I play extremely offensive and usually dominate most teams, but it didnt work at all away, so I changed to 1 more central midfielder and played more narrow and counter attacking and I started seeing results away to.

I'm busy working my way through the January transfer window at the moment. Searching like a madman for a striker that will net me 10+ goals in the last 17 games.

My scouts found a spanish 20 year old called Rubén Rochina. Apparently Barcelona B let him go on a free this summer and noone has picked him up. He looks promising in all ways to me, but I'm worried about the fact that noone has picked him up. Something must be wrong with him surely :D Anyways he's joined us and hopefully he'll do better than the disaster called Gueye.

Scouts also found this guy, Marko Pantelic. 33 years but looks amazing to me. He wont join though as my idiot board wont let me give Key Players more than £950k a week atm. Really annoying since we're making a good profit each month just from gate receipts and tv-rights, so they could have done well to adjust the budget. Marko is 33 years anyways, so probably for the best I dont get him, but he might just have lift me into promotion already this year :(

I've also secured two 18 year old regens in Maldonado and Herrero, but they will both join in the summer for free when their contracts run out. Herrero especially looks promising to me. Maldonado I'm not sure about but his acceleration caught my eye. Did I mention I love beeing able to scout so many parts of the world now :thup:

Also my board decided to sell Maurice-Belay to Ligue 1 side Lille for £500k. He was worth £250k so I guess I should be happy. He might get tough to replace before the window ends though, and I only got £80k of the £500k in transfer budget.

*goes back to wading through the endless amount of players looking for that uncut diamond*

Transfer window is over. We did not find a instant replacement for Belay, but a future one I hope. Petr Fojtik a 20 year old Czech Republic under 21 international. My scout says he has the potential to beceom a good Ligue 1 midfielder so I'm very excited to get him this summer.

Last day of the window saw lots of interest in my central midfielders Riff, Jouffre and Bellugou. It peaked in a £1 million bid for Bellugou who is only worth £110k. I thought a bit about it, but in the end decided to reject. I could not have replaced him and Martial Riff is injured so much I need him here. 1 games later Martial Riff once again got a 3-4 week injury (his 3rd of the season *sigh*), so I'm glad I rejected the offer.

Rubén Rochina got off to a good start scoring in his debut giving us a vital 1-0 away win, but he's not scored in 3 after that, so I'm not convinced. At the moment we are 3rd in the Ligue 2 table 3 points clear of #4, but just 6 points down to 9th. So it'll be another close one.

Does anyone have a problem with me using my Oriental save? I don't mind if you do. Something i've just realsied is I took charge straight away meaning they are a playable team to begin with. The reason I took charge of them is because they were the newly promoted side in real life. Is this a problem?

tomsmith1989 - I don't have a problem with it, but I guess the guys that's played this challenge since the beginning are the ones to ask really. Personally I think it's just as good to start with a club that was promoted in real life.

Just had a extremely vital away win. 2-0 away to AJ Auxerre who where 2 points behind us. So now we are 5 points clear of them, and 4 points clear of 4th. I'm starting to think this might actually happen. Riff have been able to play 5 games in a row now and he's been MoM in two of them scoring 2 goals.

tomsmith1989 - I don't have a problem with it, but I guess the guys that's played this challenge since the beginning are the ones to ask really. Personally I think it's just as good to start with a club that was promoted in real life.

Yeah, that's what I think, and so I don't to take away from the challenge by reporting on a save that isn't considered to be in the spirit of the challenge. I'll wait for some more feedback before I do any sort of update. :thup:

Does anyone have a problem with me using my Oriental save? I don't mind if you do. Something i've just realsied is I took charge straight away meaning they are a playable team to begin with. The reason I took charge of them is because they were the newly promoted side in real life. Is this a problem?

Hmm difficult one Tom but I'd say it negates the point of the challenge tbh. Shame as it'd be nice to see you get back to Oriental, but rules are rules :).

Lets see what the others think though, we are a democracy in here :thup:

Archived