JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm difficult one Tom but I'd say it negates the point of the challenge tbh. Shame as it'd be nice to see you get back to Oriental, but rules are rules :).

Lets see what the others think though, we are a democracy in here :thup:

I completely understand. I'm happy to leave it really. The last thing i'd want to do is take away from the challenge. :)

One thing that impressed me though (it's been a long time since i've played that save) was the fact that in 11 seasons, and 42 incoming players, I have yet to spend a single penny on transfers. That's the last you'll hear of Oriental :D

Meh, after such a great season my board of course have to ruin it by totally killing us financially. Our average attendance did go up from 1056 to 4468 this season, but our stadium was more than twice that, and an all-seater already. Still the monkeys have gone ahead and spent £7 millions on a expansion of 5697 seats. Great that they wanna expand, but now was really a bad time :( We where a million and a half in plus a day ago, now we're £5,6m in negative *sigh*

thanks really tough Ohanzee.... hopefully they will re-invest to bring the money back on an even keel. Congrats on promotion though - great achievement!! Looking forward to Mulhouse vs Marseille & Lyon next season!!

tomsmith1989 - tough one regards Oriental, although you've now dropped it.....? I guess it isn't what this challenge is about though. I'd ask JoseRR, but i think he's fallen off the edge of a cliff somewhere!!

Congrats Ohanzee. My board did a very similar thing when I got promoted with Mirandes. We spent £8m on 6,000 more seats (literally doubling our stadium capacity), and that crippled us somewhat financially, but I must say, it has had a very positive effect and we are making lots of lovely money now. :D

With regards to Oriental, before I proposed reporting about it I had made my mind up that if there was any doubt at all i'd not bother. I'm still playing as Mirandes anyway, so all is well. Although I am currently second from bottom after ten games :(

Uff, I don't wanna think about it. We'll be made fools of by those teams and Bordeaux. Those 3 are miles ahead of the rest in Ligue 1 atm. I was hoping to mabye strengthen my team a bit and mabye get a increased wage budget with the balance a moment ago, but now I guess it's back to free transfers.

Either way, I'm pleased. I really didnt expect Ligue 2 to be so even with so many decent teams (66 points was the limit for promotion, very low in my opinion).

Have to say I'm enjoying France alot more than Romania and Croatia. We got £1,5m for our second place finish in Ligue 2. And payed £500k in bonuses for it. In the last two nations I was in we lost money when bonuses was payed out even if we one the top division :rolleyes:

Looking forward to an interesting preseason.

[edit] And just as I hit "post" my board announce that we are taking up a £5,25m loan which will go on untill 2027. Still £500k in negative, but we're safe. Funny how things turn around. Oh and I forgot to mention. 16 of my 28 registered first team players are "wanted" by other clubs, so I may just get into black before season starts aswell.

Real Oviedo - Liga BBVA - Season 2016/17 - Season Preview

Thought i'd do a quick preview to the new season to confirm developments over the summer.

Transfers

As you can see, we haven't brought in too many players this summer, instead trying to focus on quality rather than quantity. The key signings are:

Ion Ayechu - Young spanish LB signed as back up to Del Sol. Bought from Southend for just under £1 million, he could be a bargain. in early season, has played a few matches.

Hugo - previously mentioned in this thread, Hugo was a bargain at £5 million. high hopes for him, although playing at the Olympics and then a ban hanging over from his Rayo days has affected his start at the club

Vangelis Koukoutselas - free transfer from Greece, a promising striker. a few players felt he could unsettle the team though. A highly technical striker with great composure, i thought he was worth a gamble.

Ricardo Noir - a BIG gamble at £7.5 million, i am already regretting it slightly... Averaged almost a goal a game in 250 appearances for Boca, he's an explosive striker, something i felt we were lacking a little. Not a youngster like my youth policy, i felt we needed a little more experience upfront...

More important than the signings was the fact we kept all our stars. i had to reject $30 million + bids for Dixon, £17 million bids for Rabben and £15 million bids for Garcia Ardura. What was more satisfying was that there wasn't ONE grumble from any of them. They all want to wear the Oviedo shirt!! :D The departures were players with no future at the club or squad players who were never going to be first XI regulars. A number of key youngsters have also gone out on loan to gain experience, which can only help them.

Following Des's look at internationals, i thought i'd show you mine:

Youth internationals

Internationals

As for the Champions League draw, we were seeded 3rd and drew Inter Milan, Bayer Leverkusen and Standard Liege. You will remember we beat Leverkusen in the knockout stages, and Standard are another Belgian team to face. Inter will be a massive challenge, but we did draw our first match 2-2 at the San Siro having been 2-0 down at half-time.... :)

So that's it. It's been a slightly rocky start in the league (2-2-1) but we have had a few kwy injuries and we're still in touch with Real Madrid. Plenty still to play for.

Congrats Ohanzee.

The end of my first season is drawing in. I am 6 points clear at the top with 8 games to go. Fingers are definitely crossed! Hopefully I'll get the season done tonight, and have my update up sometime tomorrow morning.

The Spanish u21 side could field a whole first team of your players. Brilliant :D

Too many spainards and not enough variety :p Looks good Rlips

Ohanzee Congrats on the promotion, its going to be a lot tougher in the top division. You need to look out for any bargins you can find, most important is to strengthen your Defense. Of course I am still way short of being a top side.

Tom Sadly I agree, Oreintal were already there :(

PRBH - DOME DOME DOME, Promotion on attempt one thats a huge start. Great work.

Now I am about to sit down and crack on in my Fafe game, first three friendlies are gone and the scores were 16-0, 7-0, 7-1. My Ass Man set-up these games now I am laughing, the team is flowing and I have 5 players who were at the U20 World Cup and now at the U19 Euro, or Gold Cup. Crawford doubled up for the USA at U20 & Gold Cup. Next friendly is against Rangers, will be a bit tougher, but its a test of whether I can face the top teams in my league.

SFC Mulhouse 2011/2012 (season 3)

2nd in Ligue 2 (predicted: 17th!) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

What a season. We started out shaky, but with a totally new first 11 that was to be expected. We won the first league game and then went 5 before getting another. The next 6 we also only managed 1 win. What kept us in the middle of the table was the fact that we where not losing many. We got 7 draws in the first 12 games. Then towards christmas things started to click. A 6 game winning streak put us into the promotion race, and we never left after that. It was always gonna be close but a vital away win against AJ Auxerre gave us the confidence we needed to go on and win promotion through 2nd place.

Looking at the table, 3rd place was 66 points. 9th place was 61. In fact any of the top 10 teams could well have been promoted had some results swayed their way. So all in all I feel a bit lucky to be 2nd even if the margin was 7 points for us in the end.

The Cups

Don't really wanna talk about it. The fact that we start so early and our squad hadnt really geled at that point just caught us I guess. We once again went out in the 2nr round of Coupe de le Ligue. This time against Montpellier, who we later beat both home and away in Ligue 2. Even worse we lost 1-0 away to AS Cannes (who are in the National, albeit finishing 4th) in the French Cup 7th Round. Embarrasing really, especially since they dominated the game. It should be said though that I foolishly thought it would be an easy game and did not field our strongest side.

Finances

Brilliant. My board feels I have lost control of our wage structure, but I'm of the opinion that it's them who have no clue :D We always made a profit each month, much thanks to the people showing up to our home matches. We averaged 4468 people a game and crowned it with a 5571 showing against Avant de Guingamp.

TV-money was also good giving us £2,6m over the season and a couple of players sold and the £1,5m from our final position in the league put us well into black. That is untill the board decided to spend £7m on a stadium expansion. Now that I see they had a loan planned I guess I'm happy about it. It will be great for the future.

Anyways we're not £550k in red, but like I mentioned in a earlier post I fully expect to sell some players in preseason. Having already gotten one £1m offer for one of my 3 star midfielders I expect something to happen there. I'd love to keep all 3 of them, but if the offer is right I might just cash in and build on it. Especially Riff who's been injured so much, if someone offers the right kinda money for him he might just go.

Players

I'll start with the dissapointing fact that we only scored 59 goals this season. That's gutting really. I play so offensively (especially at home), I expect us to score more than the oposition, not rely on 1-0 and bore-draws. I really dont know what's wrong with our strikers, but Gueye scored 4 in 18 and Rochina 2 in 14. That's just extremely bad. And I know from earlier experience that this tactic should see the main striker scoring 20+ a season if not more. So I guess I'll just have to go striker-hunting once again.

The bright side was Benoît Leroy. I was expecting him to do well on the left wing and he did his job well enough scoring 11 in 36 and that made him our top goalscorer of the season.

Our 3 "star" midfielders (Riff, Bellugou, Jouffre) scored 19 between them, evenly shared. Which is about what I'd expect.

Our 2 centrebacks Ouasfane and N'Diaye both managed to get above 7.00 average rating over the season. They scored 4 and 5 respectively, which is a bit lower than I was hoping in 33 games each, but still ok.

Both wingbacks (Diakhaby and Ielsch) was a bit of a dissapointment to me. None of them managed to get above 6.90 average. I guess they're just not consistent enough cause the quality is there.

My main problem, apart from the striker, I feel was the right-wing. I never found out who to play there, they all did really bad or average at best. So this is something I need to improve on. Mabye just mabye this was also part of the reason the strikers did so bad. Not enough support from the right flank. Especially as Leroy got taken out of some matches because of his performances. I often saw the oposition manager say Leryo would have to be watched.

Future

I didnt expect to get into Ligue 1 already, so I'm havent really planned for this. I'm hoping to keep most of my first eleven and gather enough points to stay up. I got a feeling the money in Ligue 1 will be amazing, so if I can only stay up I can start building something big.

Much of my plans will depend on who stays, since more than half my team is wanted by bigger clubs. But I really need a striker, a right winger and a goalscoring attacking midfielder. Psaume was a huge letdown as most of my attacking players was. So that's what I'll be looking for. I'll also keep an eye out for better wingbacks.

I already got 3 young regens coming in as mentioned in an earlier update. But I was really planning on beeing in Ligue 2 when I made those deals. They might just have to be ready for some Ligue 1 action though, if I can't attact some more able attacking options.

FC Mulhouse history

League pos	CdlL		FC		Europe		Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/2010	5th FN		N/A		9th round	N/A		So close
2010/2011	3rd FN		2nd round	9th round	N/A		Promoted!
2011/2012	2nd L1		2nd round	8th round	N/A		Promoted again!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L1 = Ligue 1 | FN = French National | CdlL = Coup de la League | FC = French Cup

Now I'm gonna click my way to the 20th and see what happens. Hopefully my board will adapt the wage budget so that I can attract some out of contract stars :)

PS! If you want screenshots of any players or anything else just let me know, I just wanna get on with preseason asap at the moment. None of the players have really improved much in training so the screens from my preseason update is pretty much how they look still.

tomsmith1989 - Mabye if it's not ok to update in here you could make that game a story in the stories board? If you're planning on doing a "story so far" type thing anyways. Like I said already I wouldnt mind updates here, but I guess rules are rules as they say. Sometimes you gotta bend them though, if the reason is right.

rlipscombe - That greek striker looks class, can I have him on loan please? :)

PRDH - Good luck in the run-in.

Ohanzee - Hopefully the money is better than in Portugal, my sponsorship took 6 seasons to get above 50k, the TV rights are between 1mil & 1.5mil, but when the avg attendance is only 7000 across the league, while the top 3 teams pull in 20000 a night, the problems are rife, I need to keep building my average attendance I think as a method to stay up with the top teams, and consistent finishes behind the top three. I have a 15000 seat stadium, but only 4500 people show up. PS I have a little bonus coming very soon ;)

LLR - I'm pretty sure money is better. I already got a 300K sponsorship last season in Ligue 2. Attendence wise it's gonna be tough to compete for FC Mulhouse to though. The biggest team is Marseille with 51k average. There's 4 other teams above 30k aswell. I guess I'll have to work my way into the group behind the top 3 first and get some european cup experience.

I'm pretty sure Italy and Spain are the best leagues financially of the ones in this challenge. With France and Germany somewhere between those and Portugal and Holland. But I also think all the leagues have 3-4 of what you'd call "big clubs" that are way ahead of the others both financially and reputation wise. It's part of the fun, finally breaking the dominance of those top clubs.

On a different note, what does this news report mean:

FC Mulhouse chairman provides cash injection

Chairman Alain Dreyfus has loaned the club £500K in order to help with the club's running costs.

But this "loan" doesnt show in my Finances screen. So is it a loan or a injection? Will I lose £500K some day in the future?

On a different note, what does this news report mean:But this "loan" doesnt show in my Finances screen. So is it a loan or a injection? Will I lose £500K some day in the future?

It means that he has lent the club money, sometimes they take it back, but usually you get to keep it no matter what. I have had it loaned to me numerous times, but only once have they taken money back.

Portugal seems to be the poorest overall, did a look at the quality of the teams behind the top 4 across the big leagues, and every other league (RL) seems to get money and attendance.

And here it is, the second episode of Fafeful Moments Now with your host Ralf Fletcher and a special guest.

Haha, that's brilliant LLR. What program are you using to make those?

I just hit season update date (It's 19th for Ligue 1 apparently, not 20th like the lower divisions), and we're gonna get 1,7m in tv-rights this season just like the last. I'm a bit dissapointed with that really. I thought there'd be a big difference between Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 in that department. Good news are my board have realised our wage budget was moronic and we can now give £8,5k a week to key-players. Time to go hunting :)

Well my offseason has only seen two players added to the squad, there is one more on the block. A 27 year old right winger, but about 30 clubs are interested. I still see the right hand side as my weakness, I haven't really ever filled that spot in 13 seasons. Di Giuseppe will take the spot for now, but if I can find a replacement he will be gone in a heartbeat. The tour of Leichenstein is a bit of fun and a chance to get the morale up before I start my league season by travelling to Sporting, still unsure of my away tactic, but this will be the ultimate test of it. I am going to be playing the players with the best potential as my starting eleven, see if they can hold it together and if I can keep the contracts intact they will be a great team in a couple of seasons with only a few changes.

this could be a big season for you then Des - Hopefully the kids will do it for you like they did for me. The Fafe Youth is born!

Its definitely all about the youth now, though I am worried because they all have the big clubs after them again, but the core XI are signed til 2024 (3 years).

Its definitely all about the youth now, though I am worried because they all have the big clubs after them again, but the core XI are signed til 2024 (3 years).

thats important. get them on long-term contracts, play them and do well. then when you reject the bids hope they don't get upset.... :(

thats important. get them on long-term contracts, play them and do well. then when you reject the bids hope they don't get upset.... :(

Yeah them getting upset causes problems haha, but I will just keep trying to keep them as happy as possible. No one is actually bidding for them, just playing the unsettling game which is worse.

I'm starting to think my chairman is very good financially, if you can call it that. Looking at finances for teams in Ligue 1, we're of course miles away from the top teams. However looking at Season tickets and normal ticket prices we're in the top. Our average ticket price is £28 only beaten by Lyonnais. Our average season ticket price is £399, only beaten by 3 (Lyon, Marseille and PSG). This is very interesting I think. You can't click on the Chairman in the staff list in the game so I can't check him out, but is there any other explanation for this than him beeing a financial genious?

I'm still busy wading through my scouts shortlists and the "known players" that are free and out of a contract now. I already got 9 players in ontop of the 3 deals I made in January though. The biggest one (in my mind) beeing Marek Sapara. He may not be well known in Europe, but he plays for my local team here in Norway Rosenborg. He's got a brilliant free kick foot and I'm a bit surprised he's still in Rosenborg in real life. He was bought by Socheaux in the game in 2008/09 and I snapped him up as his contract was running out. I'll post some screenies later, as I'm still trying to find some wingbacks and a striker.

I also let 8 players go on a free (contract ran out), and we have sold 5 other players for a total of £3.1m. 4 of them where bought by Laurent Roussey at FC Nantes. Makes me wonder how good they where cause FC Nantes finished 8th in Ligue 1 last year. But none of the four impressed for us last season so I'm happy. Although I didnt get much out of the money since my board dont give me more than 20% of fees recieved in budget.

I can now scout all over the world, in regions at least. So I've sent people to Africa, Asia, Oceania and N/S America. There's to many regions to cover though. Which regions do China and Japan fit under? And Nigeria? And Australia?

I'm still waiting on someone to actually bid on my stars from last season. They are all still wanted but not a single bid have come as of yet. If they think they can wait untill the last day of the window again they'll get a big fat NO! from me.

On a totally different note Karim Benzema scored a hat-trick in the European Championship Final where France won 3-0 over Germany. Benzema is still in Lyon, so it'll be interesting seeing what he can do to my defense.

I frickin love this Des!! Adds so much to your reports...please please please keep it up!!

Radakovic was looking very cool in his t-shirt and jeans combo :cool:

Why thank you iacovone, it takes a bit of work, but it is sooo much fun and that is Raadackoovich (haha, otherwise they say it too quick and miss half the vowels). I tried to find the closest char I could to what he actually looks like in game ;)

FC Mulhouse Preseason 2012/2013

Players In

Julien Sablé - Good passing midfielder

Marek Sapara - Brilliant attacking midfielder that I know very well from my real life local team Rosenborg in Norway.

Lucas Deaux - Good defender, can play midfield.

Yoann Bourillon - Another good experienced passing midfielder. He's been injured twice already in one month.

Francisco Blasco - Another promising regen (right winger), hopefully he can give my striker some more support than this side did last year.

Yoric Ravet - Good attacking midfielder, or winger. And he's french, and young.

Onanga Itoua - Central defender really, but will be my right wingback most likely.

Fabio Scognamiglio - Very promising italian regen. Playmaker for the future?

Djamel Abdoun - Good french all-round midfielder. Can fill 6 spots in my tactic.

Sergio Carlini - Promising striker, might be my first choice.

Guirane N'Daw - Not really a wingback either, but looks great.

And Maldonado, Fojtik and Herrero who I already mentioned before (deals from January)

All in all a good mix of youth and experience, all for £55k total, which was all compensation for Fojtik which I didnt realise untill he came. Some quality, some potential (I hope). I'd love to get a really good experienced striker, but they dont grow on trees, and those that do certainly have no interest in FC Mulhouse, so what can I do.

So, 14 players in and 13 out, so far. I'm kinda hoping someone will bid insane amounts of money for one of the 3 central midfielders from last season, but it doesnt look that way. If not I'll have an extremely strong central midfield at least, and lots to choose from. Once again the striker will probably be the biggest weakness. And the wingbacks since they can't really attack, and I got no good cover for them (just the guys from last year who didnt really impress in Ligue 2).

Goals of the season

- Win 10 games or more. Get 10 draws or more. That would put us above relegation if things go like last year. So, lose no more than 18 games.

- Get some sort of cup run. I will field my strongest side in the cup this season.

- I was gonna say score at least 2 goals a match, but looking at Ligue 1 last year only one team managed that, Bordeaux. Outside the top 3 noone managed above 58 goals. So I guess if I score 50 I'll be midtable. So 50 is the goal.

Other notes.

- Again the season ticket and ticket prices puzzle me, but I love it. It's a bit of a fun fact that we have the 4th most expensive season tickets but are 50th in numbers sold in France. We've sold ~500, which is just 38,500 less than Lyon. :rolleyes:

- Media predicts us to finish 16th, which is 2 spots above relegation, so I hope they are right.

- We're the 19th richest club in France apparently, worth 14,25m. Where they get that amount from is beyond me, but I guess it's player value? We have less than 1m in balance. Olympique Lyonnais are the richest club in France, only 201m ahead of us :p

- The lackluster performance of our nations best teams in Europe have put Greece, Russia and Portugal withing smelling distance of the 5th Coefficient spot. If they dont get their act together we'll be down to 2 Champions league spots soon.

- Real Madrid have won the Champions Cup twice the last 4 years. Kinda interesting considering how they are doing in the real world. :p

Keeping the Fafe

Times are Tough

The Fixtures

To start off this season in the Liga Sagres we have drawn, Sporting away, Setubal away, Maritimo at home, Guimaraes at home and then Porto away. That is five of last seasons top six in a row. A tough draw to say the least, I looked at that draw and knew I had to steal points and come away from it with at least a few draws. And hopefully wins in the two home games.

The Expectations

The board saw that we were under too much pressure last season and so they decided to cut it back a bit, we only have to achieve a top half finish. So if I can repeat my 2020/21 season then I am ok, but personally I want to make it back to Europe so that means to take at least 6th.

The Start

Sporting 4:2 AD Fafe

Radakovic (2)

A stunning game, they had a penalty, and two long distance goals, only once did they truly crack my defense. I was very happy with the result. Even more so when Radakovic got Man of the Match, it showed that our team was better and just unlucky.

Setubal 1:5 AD Fafe

Tarasenko, Marcel, Radakovic, Rocha, Crawford

Going in at halftime leading by one, I sent the boys out with my encouragement and they came up trumps. Setubal were not even in the second half as we were all over them. An absolute stunning half of football. Radakovic got his third goal of the season and his second Man of the Match.

This puts us up to 6th on the table. A better start was unthinkable.

Three Up

AD Fafe 4:3 Maritimo

Rocha, Moreira, Radakovic (2)

AD Fafe 0:1 Guimaraes

Porto 3:1 AD Fafe

Martinez

So after 5 games in pretty much the toughest run I thought I could've had, I was a little disappointed with the ending, but 6 points from that run is acceptable, but to only be in 10th is disappointing, though now I have a shot to improve in the next section.

Radakovic Count

Season

5 League Goals in 5 Games (20)

8 Goals in 7 Games Overall (24)

Career

60 League Goals in 109 Games (66)

77 Goals in 154 Games (81)

Records in brackets

First of the Easy ones

AD Fafe 3:0 Leira

Di Giuseppe, Rocha, Radakovic

Was also a fan day, hopefully that lifts my crowds.

Radakovic Count

Season

6 League Goals in 6 Games (20)

9 Goals in 8 Games Overall (24)

Career

61 League Goals in 110 Games (66)

78 Goals in 155 Games (81)

Records in brackets

And so now 9pts from 6 games lifts me to 6th spot. 15 goals for, 12 against.

More Proof of Radakovic's brilliant start - World Cup Qualifying - vs England

First of the Easy ones

P.Fereiria 0:1 AD Fafe

Radakovic

Radakovic Count

Season

7 League Goals in 7 Games (20)

10 Goals in 9 Games Overall (24)

Career

62 League Goals in 111 Games (66)

79 Goals in 156 Games (81)

Records in brackets

And so now 12pts from 7 games lifts me to 5th spot. 16 goals for, 12 against. Already 7pts behind Sporting (1st), and 5pts behind Benfica (2nd) & Guimaraes (3rd).

The teams that matter

[b]Wins Draw Loss G.D Pts[/b]
[color=Blue]4th Porto        4    1    2   +7  13[/color]
[color=Sienna][b]5th Fafe         4    0    3   +4  12[/b][/color]
[color=SeaGreen]6th Setubal      3    3    1    0  12[/color]
[color=Red]9th Braga        3    0    4   -1   9[/color]

There are a couple of other teams in the mix currently, but Braga have like me faced only top teams, and the others have faced relegation teams.

Taking on the Champions

AD Fafe 1:1 Benfica

Tarasenko

Benfica's goal coming at 90+7 in a game that was supposed to have 5mins of injury time, I have never seen a goal so late, and Fafe have never beaten Benfica. With Tarasenko's goal being early it means I had over an hour of tense watching, but this game had the gutting result. And Radakovic and Tarasenko out injured.

Radakovic Count

Season

7 League Goals in 8 Games (20)

10 Goals in 10 Games Overall (24)

Career

62 League Goals in 112 Games (66)

79 Goals in 157 Games (81)

Records in brackets

And so now 13pts from 8 games lKeeps us in 5th spot. 17 goals for, 13 against. Already 7pts behind Sporting (1st), and 5pts behind Benfica (2nd) & Guimaraes (3rd).

The teams that matter

Wins Draw Loss G.D Pts
[color=Blue] 4th Porto        5    1    2   +8  16[/color]
[b][color=Sienna]5th Fafe         4    1    3   +4  13[/color][/b]
[color=SeaGreen]6th Setubal      3    4    1    0  13[/color]
[color=DeepSkyBlue]7th Leiria       4    1    3   -1  13[/color]
8th Nacional     4    0    4   -2  12
[color=DimGray] 9th Boavista     3    2    3   +1  11[/color]
[color=DarkSlateGray]10th Academica    3    2    3   -3  11[/color]
[color=Red]11th Braga        3    1    4   -1  10[/color]
[color=DarkOrange]12th Leixoes      2    3    3   -3   9[/color]

Braga have to be extremely gutted with their season so far, but having played all of last seasons top 6 in the first 8 games means I now have 7 games against the bottom half of the table to make up ground, and I am not that far behind. My best start to a season yet. (If I have cursed myself I blame Rlips)

**End of Season Update - Domegliara - Serie C2/C - 2009/10 (Year One)**

League

The 'Nuovi Rossoneri' fans weren't expecting much when, after promotion to C2/C, they appointed an unknown English manager. Their pessimism was shared by the media who predicted a finish of 15th for the newcomers. However, the manager set about rebuilding the squad with an amazing zeal. The squad seemed to gel instantly and went on an excellent run at the beginning of the season taking something like 22 points from the first 8 games. The media were still confident that the run would end and the team falter, dropping back down to the bottom half. The 'experts' began their gloating after a 2-0 loss to Noicattro, saying it was the beginning of the end for Domegliara. But, the team spirit held and results started going their way again. Which saw them eventually win the league with 2 games to spare, with a home win of Gela, a promotion rival. The crowd went wild as whilst the team paraded the trophy around the ground, news filtered through that the miracle worker manager had put pen to paper on a new 2 year contract. In reality the league was fairly easy, the graph really saying all that needs saying.

Stars of the Season

As expected my captain Casisa was the star in the centre of the park alongside Minopoli who can be seen earlier.

The other two stars in the squad were both strikers. Raffaello (on loan from Ascoli) and Fiorotto. Between them they scored the goals that got me promoted.

I also managed to give debuts to two academy players. Volpe (a left winger) and Schiraldi (a striker), I don't hold out too much hope for them becoming future stars, but they did a job when needed to this season, and they'll have a place in the teams history. Or at least Volpe will, he is the youngest player.

Serie C Cup

Poor, all that needs saying, only one win in the group stage. Didn't progress. :)

Serie C2 Super Cup

The league win qualified me for the Serie C2 Super Cup. And so it began. My star midfielder and captain Casisa was injured, and I wasn't feeling hopeful. The first game against Foggia ended in a 2-2 all draw, and looking at other results it became clear that all 'The Domes' needed to do was get a scored draw in the second game against Carpenedolo. It started badly, with Domegliara conceding a goal in the 7th minute. It then proceeded to get worse with my centre-back Viviani scoring an own goal in the 38th. It was desperate. We simply weren't competing. In the 40th minute the tactics were changed, the wingers moved forwards and the full backs turned into wing backs. It reaped instant rewards, in the 44th minute we clawed one back through Raffaello. Half-time. The second half kicked off and in the 51st minute Domegliara were level, Raffaello again, his 15th of the season. This result would see the team victorious, but they carried on pressing, and in the 67th minute added a third through Minopoli. The result was sealed and Domegliara added another trophy to the cabinet.

Awards

I was voted manager of the season.

Fiorotto was the League's top goalscorer and so got the Golden Boot, and there were 3 players in the team of the year.

Aims for next season

At the moment survival - but it may change when I start looking at squad development.

The Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10			Serie C2/C		1st				Champions!

Mid season the table puts us 14th.

We've played the top 5 teams away and lost (4-0 to Marseille and 4-1 Lyon beeing the worst). Just 2 losses have come against teams below us in the table. We've also played 10 away games, so we'll have 10 home games in the second part of the season. So far we're right on schedule for the goal, except we got 1 win instead of a draw, which of course is good.

We got to the 3rd rnd of Coupe de la Ligue this year, but only cause that's where we entered. We got a bad draw away to Ligue 1 side Toulouse and lost 2-0. They beat us in the league game to, also away. I'm gonna play a full strenght squad in French Cup once it starts aswell and hope to get a bit further there.

Sapara have been fantastic getting 13 assists and 3 goals in 18 games. He's getting interest from Premier League Clubs. None of the strikers have had a chance to impress cause they've all had injuries. So none of them have played more than 5 games from start.

Finances are going into red, dropping each month. A quick look show that match day expenses and non-football costs have doubled since last season. That's the main cause. We're attracting almost 3,000 more each game compared to last season, but it's slightly to little still. Hopefully we can keep going, stay up and mabye get some bonus for league position.

January window coming up. Don't see to much happening unless someone makes a crazy offer for one of my players.

My board are being nicely proactive. Have just negotiated a TV deal - only £10K, but something. They've also announced they are expanding the stadium by 966 seats. I didn't even ask. The expansion should take capacity from 1020 up to 1986 I think. Hopefully it won't put me too much in debt.

EDIT: It has cost me £1.1 million, but I got a grant for £895,404 for it. Very financially savvy board, I'm pleased!

My board are being nicely proactive. Have just negotiated a TV deal - only £10K, but something. They've also announced they are expanding the stadium by 966 seats. I didn't even ask. The expansion should take capacity from 1020 up to 1986 I think. Hopefully it won't put me too much in debt.

Hey this is like in FM08, I think I had 5 consecutive stadium expansions, every year they would add a few more seats, as no matter how many they added I was selling out.

Hey this is like in FM08, I think I had 5 consecutive stadium expansions, every year they would add a few more seats, as no matter how many they added I was selling out.

That bodes well. I'm wondering whether this one was to bring the stadium up to the required standard for the league above. But certainly I sold out most matches this season.

How the Run Goes

AD Fafe 3:0 Academica

Marcel (3)

Braga 1:1 AD Fafe

Radakovic

AD Fafe 1:0 Nacional

Rocha

The board was delighted when Tiny rejected Maritimo who fired their manager after such a poor start. Of course Maritimo & Braga struggling can only help me. November's Goal of the Month went to Rocha, for his great goal against Nacional. And Des Tiny also managed a great month, as he came 2nd in the Manager of the Month.

Radakovic Count

Season

8 League Goals in 11 Games (20)

11 Goals in 13 Games Overall (24)

Career

63 League Goals in 115 Games (66)

80 Goals in 160 Games (81)

Records in brackets

I think I found a Bug, hehe. Before you ask no it didn't work. His next goal will tie the record, and then the question will be about breaking it.

Liga Sagres

Wins Draw Loss G.D Pts
[color=DarkGreen] 1st Sporting     8    2    1  +16  26[/color]
[color=DarkRed] 2nd Benfica      7    3    0  +16  24[/color][color=DarkSlateGray]
3rd Guimaraes    7    3    1   +8  24[/color]
[color=Blue]4th Porto        7    2    2  +15  23[/color]
[b] [color=Olive]5th Fafe         6    2    3   +8  20[/color][/b]
[color=YellowGreen]6th Setubal      4    5    2    0  17[/color]

Above here is Europe

[color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black]
[color=SlateGray] 7th Academica    5    2    4   -1  17[/color][/color][/color][/color]
[color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black] [color=Pink]8th Leiria       5    1    5   -1  16[/color][/color][/color][/color][color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black]
[color=Red] 9th Braga        4    3    4   +4  15[/color][/color][/color][/color][color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black]
[color=Gray]10th Boavista     3    3    4   -1  12[/color]
11th Nacional     4    0    7   -8  12
[color=DarkOrange]12th Leixoes      3    3    5   -6  12[/color]
[color=Green]13th Maritimo     3    1    7   -8  10[/color][/color][/color][/color][color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black]
[color=Teal]14th P.Ferreira   2    0    9  -11   6[/color][/color][/color][/color][color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black]

[/color][/color][/color]Below here is Relegation

[color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black][color=Red]15th Belenenses   1    3    7  -12   6[/color]
[color=Lime]16th E.Amadora    1    1    9  -19   4[/color][/color][/color][/color]

With only 5pts from me to Braga in 9th it is still close, but I am delighted to be where I am heading into December.

And Radakovic has done it, he has scored his 82nd goal in the yellow and black, overtaking Garcia as the all time goal scoring record holder.

Full report to come soon. :)

He also just signed a brand new 4 year contract extension through til 2025 and his 30th birthday.

Des - Serbia beat England 5-0 :eek:?

This is the way Radakovic is making a difference this season. Yes they got a 5-0 victory, but they still failed to qualify to the World Cup being knocked out by England, that was England's only loss in the Qualifying.

I have a new youngest ever player. Volpe's record has been broken by this young thing who came through this year's youth intake. The staff are all very excited by him. Pity about his physical stats, but made a decent debut.

Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2021/22

Midseason Review

Games Games Games

Boavista 2:1 AD Fafe

Radakovic

Barreirense 0:3 AD Fafe - Cup

Marcel, Radakovic, Own Goal

This game included Radakovic becoming the highest ever goalscorer for AD Fafe.

AD Fafe 4:0 E.Amadora

Marcel (2), Pantovic, Janssen

Belenenses 0:2 AD Fafe

Marcel, Janssen

AD Fafe 2:2 Setubal

Radakovic (2)

And now he has managed to tie Garcia as the All-time League goalscorer on 66 League goals.

Radakovic Count

Season

11 League Goals in 15 Games (20)

15 Goals in 18 Games Overall (24)

Career

66 League Goals in 119 Games (66) - Tied vs Setubal

84 Goals in 165 Games (84) - Taken vs Barreirense

Records in brackets

Liga Sagres - Table

Wins Draw Loss G.D Pts
[color=DarkGreen] 1st Sporting    12    2    1  +22  38[/color]
[color=Red] 2nd Benfica     11    4    0  +27  37[/color]
[color=Navy] 3rd Porto       10    2    3  +17  32[/color]
4th Guimaraes    8    4    3   +9  28
[b][color=Sienna] 5th Fafe         8    3    4  +13  27[/color][/b]
[color=Silver] 6th Academica    8    3    4   +7  27[/color]

Above here is Europe

[color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black]
[color=SlateGray][color=DimGray] 7th Boavista     7    3    5   +3  24[/color]
[color=Lime] 8th Setubal      5    7    3   -1  22[/color]
[color=Red] 9th Braga        6    3    6   +5  21[/color]
[color=DarkGreen]10th Maritimo     5    2    8    0  17[/color]
[color=DarkSlateGray]11th Nacional     5    1    9  -11  16[/color]
[color=SandyBrown]12th Leiria       5    1    9  -15  16[/color]
[color=DarkRed]13th Leixoes      3    4    8  -10  13[/color]
[color=SeaGreen]14th E.Amadora    2    1   12  -28   7[/color][/color][/color][/color][/color]

Below here is Relegation

[color=DarkGreen][color=RoyalBlue][color=Black][color=Red][color=Green]15th P.Ferreira   2    1   12  -17   7[/color]
16th Belenenses   1    3   11  -21   6[/color][/color][/color][/color]

Fifth place at the turning point is a good start, now if we can keep up the work put in so far and push towards May then we should keep up with my own target of European Qualification once more.

Other Highlights

We saw the U20 World Cup, and Marcel managed to come 2nd in the Golden Boot.

In the transfer market we were not very active, only four players in, and five players out. This strengthening of our squad and keeping the core the same is paying off. As always Fafe are overrepresented when it comes to the International scene. Our finances have started to slide again, but I am unsure why.

The Stars so Far

Di Giuseppe

Marcel

Tarasenko

Pantovic

Crawford

Radakovic

FC Mulhouse 2012/2013 (season 4)

12th in Ligue 1 (predicted: 16th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph | French Cup

The League

We managed all the goals I set. We got 10 wins and 12 draws, and we scored more than 50 goals. Of course with the 3 teams getting relegated doing so insanely bad 10 wins alone would have kept us up though. So in the end it was very comfortable.

The worrying part is that we took a whole of 2 points in the 14 games against the top 7 teams. We certainly deserved better in some of the home games, but most of the games we where totally outplayed. It's interesting to see how Paris Saint Germain totally ran away with the league in the end. Lyon finishing 15 points behind them and 9 behind Marseille! The points needed for Europe (6th) also went up by more than 10 points since last year. Gonna be tough getting into that group.

The Cups

Coupe de la Ligue was a complete disaster, again. Going out in 3rd round (where we was entered) against Toulouse. The French Cup however we got lucky draws all the way to the final. Of course Lyon was waiting there and we lost 1-0, and it should have been alot more.

The Players

Marek Sapara had an amazing season, which I expected he would. His set piece ability is great to have. We scored 15 goals on Corners, with Lyon, Bordeaux and PSG following right behind with 14 and 13. Not bad for a team in the middle of the table to compete in such stats with the big boys. We also scored 7 from indirect free-kicks, but here the big teams beat us by a good margin. So I'm thinking I have to rework my free kick routines a bit. If I can keep Sapara at least. He's wanted by several teams in Italy, Germany, England and France.

Other than Sapara, Onanga Itoua surprised me a little. Not cause he scored 13 goals in 42 matches, but because he managed to play 42 matches and get a 7.10 average rating. Really good in a mid-table team. He's one I'd like to keep. If him and Sapara stays I can build on this.

Noone else really stood out. Leroy got 10 goals again, which was more than any of my strikers. On the topic of strikers, the 3 I was rotating had so many injuries I wanted to cry in the end. 16 starts for Maldonado saw him net 7 goals. Carlini and Rochina only managed 10 starts and scored 1 and 2 goals. So I kinda have hopes for Maldonado still, but he has to improve alot and cut down on the injuries.

The Finances

It looked like we would end almost a million in red by the end of the season, but a 12th place finish got us a £3,8m bonus. I wonder how much Paris got for 1st, but now I know I can afford to lose a bit of money over the course of the season as long as I stay up. Our average attedance went down from over 7k in the first half of the season to 6226 in the end. Still a 1,8k increase since last year, and hopefully it will continue.

The Future

Get a striker, again. It's proving difficult to find one that will be consistent at this level, but I really need one. I might also need a rightback since Itoua ended up playing so well as a centreback. I really need to improve in all parts of the team except the one DC and AMC where Itoua and Sapara was brilliant.

There's lots of fish in the sea. I've seen some gems in my scout reports, but I havent had the money to bid on any of them. Hopefully a £3m balance will give us some sort of transfer budget. Part of me wants to ask for investment in a youth academy, cause I havent seen a single half decent footballer come through in 4 seasons. But I'd also like some money to invest in a couple more quality players.

FC Mulhouse history

League pos	CdlL		FC		Europe		Notes
2009/2010	5th FN		N/A		9th round	N/A		So close
2010/2011	3rd FN		2nd round	9th round	N/A		Promoted!
2011/2012	2nd L2		2nd round	8th round	N/A		Promoted again!
2012/2013	12th L1		3rd round	Final lost	N/A		...

L1 = Ligue 1 | L2 = Ligue 2 | FN = French National | CdlL = Coup de la League | FC = French Cup

LLR - Good start to the season there. :thup: Crossing fingers for European football once again.

Pre-season is done with and here are my transfer dealings after the summer window.

The players I'm particularly looking forward to having under my management are my new centre back Martino Borghese who came on a free, and Thomas Albanese on loan for the season. I'm expecting big things from them.

Casisa is still captain, and much of the team has stayed the same. Hopefully it will do.

I have played two league games so far and picked up 4 points leaving me in 2nd, so it is a decent enough start.

Ohanzee - congrats on your season. Staying up was by no mean feat - well done. Sapara had a blinder. hopefully you can keep him.

Des - Goods season so far. Seems the youth is paying off now, and can only get better. Radakovic is a great striker. Great news on the contract extension too. He's a must keep for sure!! Di Fiuseppe is a cracking winger - all the right stats and Marcel is proimising for sure.like the look of Tarasenko too!! I see a lot of my Oviedo team in yours....

PRDH - good luck this season. Albanese could play a big part in whether you do well or not.

Archived