JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

Keeping the Fafe

European Cup 2022/23

Group Stage Update

The Games

So I already showed the results of my first two games against PAOK & Ajax, here they are again.

Fafe 3:1 PAOK

Ajax 0:3 Fafe

At this point we were comfortably leading the pack, next up was Leverkusen away, I have to say going into this game knowing that I had then played both my hard away games made me quite happy.

Leverkusen 2:0 Fafe

Now this game was a little disappointing, but really I cannot expect to win two tough away games in a row.

PAOK 0:0 Fafe

This game was nearly as disappointing as the last one, now I knew that to get home I needed to get at least a win and probably a draw as well in my two home games.

Fafe 3:2 Ajax

Janssen (2), Rocha

A tough game that went back and forward the whole way, but I backed up over Ajax to prove it was not a fluke in Amsterdam.

Fafe 3:2 Leverkusen

Radakovic (2), Marcel

The two strikers finally both clicked as we went back and forward in this game, knowing that all we needed was a draw and we would knock out Ajax that is what my target was.

Group J winners is a great position for us considering we were the third seed. Onwards and upwards, anything from here is a bonus, hence why the draw was a delight.

1st Knockout Round

Le Mans Union Club 72 (99th) vs AD Fafe (87th)

Pretty happy with that draw considering some of the teams in the round and who I could've been facing. Feeling sorry for Benfica. 2nd Round sees the winner of ours face the winner of Mallorca (131st) vs Zenit (33rd)

Quick League Update

Well the league is extremely tight almost at the halfway point. Porto are leading 5pts clear of second, but the next 4 teams, Sporting, Benfica, Fafe and Guimaraes are covered by only 2pts with Benfica vs Fafe delayed til January. Also Radakovic managed to make 3rd in the Player of the Month so he is right up there, same player won again and once more he performed worse than 2nd or 3rd.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**Mid-season Update**

24 games into the Serie C1/B season and Il Nuovi Rossoneri sit in 1st place in the table. 10 games to go of the season, fingers crossed for a successful season.

Sorry M, but it is one of the rules of the challenge that there must be a minimum of League shots every season and a manager screenshot at the start. I may be voted down by the democracy we have been running, but see how it goes. Can't you trasnfer them across by USB stick to get them up?

Sachsen Leipzig End of Season Report

After back to back promotions from the German Third Division, Sachsen Leipzig were welcomed to the Bundesliga with these horrible odds of staying in the League.

Their prediction was quite true as we were hanging around relegation for almost the entire first half of the season, till the winter break. Although we were scoring a lot of goals, I decided to take a chance and bought Marquinhos, the Palmeiras one, for 5.75 million (release clause). Sold around 4 players to fund this transfer :D And in his first ever league game for the club, this is what happened . And his good form continued as he ended the season 6 goals and 6 assists in 17 games with an average rating of 7.31.

The highest scorer was again Deniz Ilgin, this time jointly with Malte Metzelder, Christoph's brother, with just 8 goals each :rolleyes: Will probably have to sell Deniz next season, as he is unhappy and wants to move on. I will sell him if I get good money.

Anyway, our decent form continued except a horrible 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Leverkusen, and we managed to finish the season at 11th. Quite an achievement for a team which was bound for relegation :D The League table.

The average attendance is only ~14000 although we have a 44000 capacity stadium (~38000 seated), so the club obviously don't have too many fans. The board has also accepted to upgrade my training and youth facilities. Finally, all scouting restrictions have been removed and I'm free to sign players from anywhere :cool:

Transfers for the season - Loads of new names in the team, so didn't help matters at the start of the season.

Finances page - Still going up, somehow.

Looking forward to another solid season in the Bundesliga next, hopefully with better talent in the team. Here's to a top half finish.

I would be truthful, btw well done with Fafe!

People in the standard Career game thread don't usually ask for screenshots as there is no specific end point. Part of the fun of the challenges is sharing your results and showing off the rough diamond you have managed to polish into a world beater.

Just out of interest, why can't you take screenshots?

Would I be able to start this challenge even though I can't post screenshots?

Its probably the most essential part of taking on one of the challenges in here. Without screeshots you may as well make up everything you've done

great stuff that el sid - fantastic achievement..... Hopefully you can build on that now and draw in a few more fans.....

Des - congrats on europe - Le Mans is a good draw considering.. fingers crossed.

How fickle form can be. I've not won in 4 games now. 3 draws in a row, and I'm now 5 points behind 1st with 6 games to go. Looks like I'll have to face the play-offs. Normally I like to avoid them, but I'm hoping I can pick up my form for the closing stages.

EDIT: My stadium expansion has been completed. Not sure how it takes until 16th April to add 966 seats but never mind. Capacity is now a staggering 1986.

EDIT: And now I'm level on points at the top of the table, behind on results between teams! This is turning into a very strange season. 4 games to go. If I get more points than Grosseto I'm promoted, otherwise I'm looking almost certain for a playoff place. Tense times.

End of Season Update - Italy - Domegliara - Serie C1/B 2010/11 - Season 2

League

Well I went into this season hoping the squad would be good enough to survive and build for next season but a decent first few results showed that the step up in class wasn't that great and that I could maybe think about doing more than this. The media didn't agree, predicting a 16th place finish for the newly promoted 'Nuovi Rossoneri'. This season was far more of a challenge for the team than last season, but the star performers were fairly similar. As the season wore on it became increasingly obvious that the team could do something special and compete at the top of the table. With 4 games to go Grosseto and 'The Domes' sat level on points at the top of the table, with Grosseto at the top on results between the teams. Neither team were playing well and we both lost the first of the four, drawing the second. Then, with Il Nuovi Rossoneri grinding out a draw away at Cavese news came in that Grosseto had conceded a late goal, and had lost. The crowd celebrated. This meant that they went top going into the final game away at Gallipoli. Well, any thoughts of nerves were well and truly dispelled early on with two goals being scored in the first 10 minutes and five in the first half. The final score was 6-2, and the league belonged to Domegliara. It was a sustained challenge culminating in success.

Transfers

I would also like to announce that the 'Can we play you every week' Award (which I've just made up) this season goes to Gallipoli. Two games, 12 goals scored and 2 conceded meaning that we truly would have loved to play them every single week. :)

Stars of the Season

Raffaello back on loan for a second season following his 13 goals in 15 starts last season. If anything he was even better this season, managing to rack up 15 goals and 16 assists in 28 starts. Also Casisa, the captain, was top of the pile again, leading by example and generally being a bit of a legend in the centre of the park

As for new additions - Borghese was pretty solid in the centre of defence, and Marchese was an excellent left back.

Hot Prospect Watch

Last season's youth team products who had at that stage got into the first team squad got no where near this time round. Instead, another youth product made his debut and became the youngest player in Domegliara history. Pier Luigi Farinelli looks like he has the potential to be a fairly good player and was extraordinarily prolific for the U-20 team. The question is, whether it will be at Domegliara, or elsewhere.

Cups

Again no real joy in either, making the second round of the Serie C Cup, and the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Italian Cup.

Serie C1 Super Cup

As a result of the win we went in to another Super Cup hoping to have a repeat of last season's winning appearance. Straight into the final this season so no mini=league. A two legged affair with the first leg to be played away at Piacenza. Domegliara took the lead through a penalty from Maaroufi. Fiorotto then doubled the lead with a neat finish in the 27th minute. Piacenza came back into the game in the second half but couldn't find a way through the Domegliara defence meaning that Il Nuovi Rossoneri take a 2-0 lead into the second leg, which, remember, is at our Montindon home. So the second leg began. It wasn't a good start with Piacenza getting a goal back in the 14th minute. Would The Domes succumb to the pressure? Some calm was restored as Casisa ghosted in at the far post to tuck home a Minopoli cross. 1-1 and 3-1 on aggregate. And that was how it stayed. No goals in the second half, and Domegliara had another trophy for the cabinet.

Aims For Next Season

Again I'm just going to say - survival.

Season			League			Position			Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10			Serie C2/C		1st				Champions!
2010/11			Serie C1/B		1st				Champions!

Domegliara Trophy Cabinet

Serie C2/C - 2009/10

Serie C2 Super Cup - 2010

Serie C1/B - 2010/11

Serie C1 Super Cup - 2011

FC Mulhouse 2013/2014

6th in Ligue 1 (pred: 13th) | Finances | Transfers | Graph

League

Brilliant, but just as I'm celebrating 6th place and what I think is European qualification I find out that Ligue 2 side Valenciennes FC have won the Coupe de la Ligue 2-0 over Paris Saint-Germain, and taken the 6 European cup place from me because of it. Gutted, whole season a waste really. Might aswell have finished 10th. :( :(

Cup

Another French Cup final, another big loss in the final. Another pathetic year in Coup de la Ligue.

Finances

Brilliant. We got £6,5m for the league finish. We're getting alot of money from the players we've sold each month cause the deals was over x months. Attendance have gone up to 8672 average, which is still way to low, but at least it's growing steady.

Players

We have a good squad. Stars of the season include Sapara, Rochina, Itoua and Blasco. But the whole squad contributed. We had 19 different goal scorers.

Future

We'll see if this season was just a one-time wonder. The incredible bad luck about 6th spot not giving Europe is gonna hurt. 22 players are wanted by other clubs, and most of them want to leave to bigger clubs. Sapara still havent signed a new contract so he's likely gone. But we got a talented replacement already as posted earlier. We got the finances to keep bringing talent in now though at least. And hopefully the board will start improving training and youth facilities.

FC Mulhouse history

League pos	CdlL		FC		Europe		Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/2010	5th FN		N/A		9th round	N/A		So close
2010/2011	3rd FN		2nd round	9th round	N/A		Promoted!
2011/2012	2nd L2		2nd round	8th round	N/A		Promoted again!
2012/2013	12th L1		3rd round	Final lost	N/A		...
2013/2014	6th L1		3rd round	Final lost 	N/A		No Europe 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

L1 = Ligue 1 | L2 = Ligue 2 | FN = French National | CdlL = Coup de la League | FC = French Cup

A bit of a short update, sorry about that. Was gonna do a long thorough one, but that shock of not getting Europe cause a Ligue 2 side managed to hammer a PSG side that really should win 8-0 against that team, has left me mad, angered, sad, frustrated and just annoyed with the whole game. So poke if you want screenshots of anything and I'll see what I can do. Right now I can't be bothered.

PRDH - Good job, congrats.

el sid - Nice first season in the top league, good job.

LLR - Nicely done in the group stages. Good luck against french oposition. We have a 3-0-1 statistic against Le Mans so far in my game. All close games, one-goal wins to both teams.

Real Oviedo 2012-2013 Season 4 Review

Media prediction: 17th

Actual finish: 2nd

League Summary

Our performance in the league was awesome given the media expectation for the club. We started of solidly and went to 4th spot, which ws to be our lowest position all season. We continued to progrees at a rate of knots as we were now turning the draws from last season into wins. Getafe had been relegated from La Liga the previous season and were dominant until they faced us just after Christmas. We played them off teh park to get a 3-1 win away from home. At this point I knew we would sustain our form and gain promotion. The Oviedo fans had double cause for celebration as we beat arch rivals Sporting at home and away without breaking sweat. Our biggest win of the season was a 6-1 thumping of Las Palmas with Enes Sipovic our Bosnian defensive enforcer bagging the match-ball with 2 headers and searing half volley. We went from strength to strength and only just missed out on knocking Getafe of the top spot. A great season ended with promotion and the promise of some glamour matches against the elite next season.

Spanish Cup

This competition was a non-event for us this season losing in the first round. I was not fussed as it meant we could concentrate on the league. The board were annoyed but I suspect they would eat their words now. :p

Finances

Yet again we made a profit every month and now have some real security. I did not spend a lot this season as my scouts were not finding young talent but rather old pensioners who were looking for a handshake to retire on. The scouting department is going to receive a big overhaul this summer. I expect to spend a fair amount this summer and will have to keep an eye on the finances next year. The board still haven't granted my request for improved youth facilities!:mad::confused: Rlipscombe did you find this a problem?

Our transfers for the season were well thought out. The highlights being the purchase of Gabilondo and the sale of Codina who was valued at about 100k.

The Squad

We kept together the quality we had last year and strengthened the depth. The extra depth came in handy time and again this season as we had a lot more injuries. The likes of Bousbaa and Ruben were solid again, however the top performers are listed below:

Enes Sipovic - Again proved to be a rock and scored an immense amount from set-pieces. He is going to be very important next season.

JJ Camacho - Absolute class! 32 assists in 34 games is quality by anyones standards. He is getting on a bit and I suspect he will lose some physical attributes this off season. His role next year is more likely to be as an impact substitute and a role model for some younger players.

Daniel Florea - Finished top scorer again but was not as prolific as last year. Will likely play from the bench next season as he does not possess high end finishing ability or composure.

Igor Gabilondo - The one good player my scouts found this season. I was impressed with his attributes for a youngster and hope they improve in the future. He started off slowly but once used to the way we play he was fantastic. Recently scored 4 goals for the Spanish under-20's. Possibly a future Oviedo Striking legend?

Emilio Rossello - The intention was to blood him in the first team this year and hope his physical stats improved. His performances were about what I expected but there was no improvement in his physical stats. I think I need some advice in this area. Was it too early for him? What age do physical stats improve?

Next Season

Boring old survival ;)

Start to build a team capable of competing in Liga BBVA

Get the board to improve the youth facilities.

Yababo

P.S Just requested that they improve the youth facilities again! They say no and the next day install undersoil heating! We are in Spain ffs.

Messina Half Season Review - Serie C2C, Dec09

We go into the halfway Xmas break in 3rd position in the league, after being down in 6th at one point during November when my stuttering form continued during the month (W1, D4, L1). Fortunately as the draws were mainly away at my league rivals, the impact was minimised.

Going into December Messina needed some positive news to go into Xmas. After a 1-1 draw away at Viterbese, 2 home wins against league rivals Brindisi 3-1 and against bottom of the league Isola Liri 4-2 meant we finished the 1st half of the season on an up.

Abate and Aitor, now my 2 strikers are starting to play well, with Aitor my young Spanish potential star having scored 4 in the last 4 after taking a while to get his feet under at the club. Hopefully if those 2 keep firing in the 2nd half of the season then Messina can progress higher up the league.

League Table - The split between home and away form is noticeable.

Squad - My left winger Montesin is still pulling all the stops.

Serie C2C Player Stats

In a good place to kick on in the 2nd half of the season and try and avoid the playoffs and go for the title!!

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, haven't been able to get onto the forums much lately, except to post the occasional update.

PRDH - 2 promotions in 2 years, well done! Good luck in Serie B!

Ohanzee - Fabtastic seasson, must be dissapoiting on missing out on Europe.

yababo - Great season, Good luck in La Liga.

el sid - Well done on your mid table finish. Do you think you can make Europe next season?

WW - Your away form isn't that bad, believe me, i've seen worse (thinks back to horrible first attempt in C/1A)

And finally, I really wish I had Radakovic, he's on fire. Hope you can make the Champions League this season Des!

Now, onto my game. I haven't made it to the first league fixture yet, but I lost out on penalties to Serie D club Cuneo (don't ask me how they're in the cup) in the 1st Qualifying Round.

Our friendlys, however, have been really promising, thrashing last years winner Verona 6-1, and defeating Serie A club Chievo 2-1! Chritian Gambini has been on fire, scoring 7 goals in 5 games. I've had to sell Viola for 600k, and seeing that Carella is also gone, I need to rebuild my flanks.

For anyone interested, Viola was rated a Decent Serie A left back, Carella a Good Serie A right back.

I've seemed to have missed a lot here. I've been busy with coursework lately, and with exams in the next couple weeks, I won't post much. :o

Nice work PRDH and good luck in Serie B.

Ohanzee, you've have made a lot of progress in France in a short period of time, and hope you can go to Europe next season.

yababo, the Real Oviedo crew welcome another member to La Liga. :D

Nice work el sid with Sachsen Leipzig. Hope you can get into the top half next season.

WW, hope you can keep up your overall form (and improve the away form, I've definitely seen worse (myself an example)), and achieve promotion.

And Des, please win something. :p

el sid - Well done on your mid table finish. Do you think you can make Europe next season?

Probably not because I don't think my defense can hold up that well :( Would be a fantastic achievement if we make it though :D

Novello looks like he'll justify that 3k outlay PRDH :thup:, he's only 19 as well!

d-machine - can't believe you sold Viola! Was he unhappy? At least you got a significant transfer fee for him.

rancer I thought you'd been a bit quiet lately :p, hope the work's going well! How's Javier getting on?

I've decided to do something different within this thread. I'm really enjoying my experiment but I still need to get my fix of actually playing the game :D. So I've done something colossal!! I've loaded France, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Germany down to their lowest divisions and am currently holidaying to the reset dates.

The plan is to take over 5 newly promoted clubs with 5 separate managers in the 5 different countries. Then I'll just report on how I do with all of them :D.

I realise this is probably not within the rules because of the multiple leagues but its just a bit of fun. Plus it gives me a good reason to keep posting in my favourite thread \o/!

iacovone - I hope so.

That sounds light a huge undertaking by the way. What would happen come the day when you're taking yourself on in Europe? Looking ahead a bit obviously.

Ha I doubt that I'll ever get that far tbh but it would be very interesting. I'm going to give each manager a set formation they will try to stick to. Any nominations? I'm thinking something ridiculous for one of them. Maybe a 2-2-4-1-1!?

well thanks to my computer suffering a 'serious error' last night i was unable to get on here or play the game.... So...

PRDH - fantastic stuff!!! Good luck in Serie B. in FM08, i found it to be a massive step up from C1 and was relegated back down 1st season. When i subsequently bounced back i was more prepared and kicked on to Serie A.

yabobo - Youth facilities, i'd love to improve them too!! i have fantastic training facilities, but youth are still only good. Slightly frustrating as i'm big on my youth policy as i'm sure you know. However, i look on it as that it's probably still better than if i was a 'lesser' Spanish club if you like....

Ohanzee - very unlucky..... I think i'd have cried if i was you.... ;) touch wood you can keep squad together and make it for sure next season.

iacovone - that's a big challenge you're doing there!! i think we can allow it though seeing as you've already completed the challenge..... Look forward to it.

Back to me... ;) Apparently the computer has run OK for 30 mins this morning (??) so i'm hoping it's ok again..... However, tomorrow i'm off on (another) holiday for a week so i'll be away until next weekend. i'm posting this now in case the computer decides to have another fit tonight. While i'm away, i want to see the following:

Des - Fafe in the top 2 of Portugal. you're nearly there, so sure you can do it.

Ohanzee - Regular European football. At the speed you play at, i'd imagine you'll get through 3 seasons?? i have hopes of CL footballl.

yabobo - Real Oviedo surviving in La Liga...

PRDH - Il Nuovo Rossineri as an established Serie B club.

iacovone - A thoroughly good read of your progress in each league!!

WW - Messina in Serie C1

el sid - Leipzig established as a top-half team in the Bundesliga (if not Europe... ;) )

High hopes i'm sure you'll agree but i have faith in all of you guys!!

Look forward to reading your comments on my expectations!!

rlipscombe - The step up is definitely larger than from C2 to C1. It's definitely the toughest season so far and with 8 players remaining from my C2 team, it is a massive challenge for the players too.

I have just finished my 11th game of the season (out of a total of 42), away at Siena, just relegated from Serie A. A game we were expected to struggle in. Well we won 2-1 and the result has put me in 8th place. I'm well chuffed. Now I'm not necessarily expecting it to last. But it's a decent start to the season.

rlipscombe - The step up is definitely larger than from C2 to C1. It's definitely the toughest season so far and with 8 players remaining from my C2 team, it is a massive challenge for the players too.

I have just finished my 11th game of the season (out of a total of 42), away at Siena, just relegated from Serie A. A game we were expected to struggle in. Well we won 2-1 and the result has put me in 8th place. I'm well chuffed. Now I'm not necessarily expecting it to last. But it's a decent start to the season.

that's a great start though!! :thup:

WW - Your away form isn't that bad, believe me, i've seen worse (thinks back to horrible first attempt in C/1A)

I won't normally do a game by game update, but I felt that after I had declared my away form sub-standard compared to my home form I should report what happened in my first league game after Xmas, away to Catanzaro.

Catanzaro were the media's bet to win the league, but 11 draws in 17 games prior to this one left them in the lower half, with the 3rd best defence in the league.

Messina - poor away form continues!

Long may my dreadful away record continue!!! :D :D

Aitor getting an injury was a pain, but he is only out for a week.

rancer I thought you'd been a bit quiet lately :p, hope the work's going well! How's Javier getting on?

Yeah, I've been all nighting all month to finish up coursework. It's Friday though so I plan to reward myself. ;)

Javier nearing 400 career games (league, cup, europe) at the club!!! :D

I might post an update today regarding my 2022-2023 season as well...

I'm reposting the last season so I don't have to go back to page 34 to find it again. :p

2021-2022 Real Oviedo S.A.D. (Season 13)

Media Prediction: 4th

Finishing Position: 2nd

Spanish Cup: lost to Athletic in 5th Round

Champions League: Qualifying Group Stage

Europa League: Lost in Semi Final

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Transfers

Transfers

Notable transfer in is Jurgen Schmadtke.

Notable transfers out include Arnau who apparently wanted to move to a 'bigger club', and Juan Carlos Gonzalez to Barca, a deal 'to good to turn down' with the emergence of my youths, he became expendable.

Key Players

GK - Raul Perez Rodriguez

DR - Luis

DL/DC - Javier YP4

DM - Krisztian Lukacsi

MC - Antonio Guillen YP3

MC - Jurgen Schmadtke

MC - Colin Welch

ST - Jesus

ST - Riccardo Villa

ST - Roberto Perrone

Finances

Finances

Made a healthy profit. :)

Awards

Club Information

Affiliations

Overview

Stadium/Facilities

Goals for the next year

• maintain top 2 finish
  • maybe even challenge for first, since Casillas is retiring :p

Domestic League

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1      [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2009-2010Standings.jpg"]11th[/url]  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2010-2011    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2011Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url]  Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011-2012    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2012Standings.jpg"]10th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2012-2013    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2013Standings.jpg"]5th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2013-2014    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2014Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url]  Promotion  
[/font][font=Courier New]2014-2015    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2015Standings.jpg"]14th[/url]
[/font][font=Courier New]2015-2016    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2016Standings.jpg"]8th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2016-2017    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2017Standings.jpg"]13th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2017-2018    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2018Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]  
[font=Courier New]2018-2019    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019Standings.jpg"]4th[/url]  Qualified for UCL[/font]
[font=Courier New]2019-2020    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2020Standings.jpg"]4th[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]
[font=Courier New]2020-2021    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2021Standings.jpg"]4th[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]
[font=Courier New]2021-2022    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]

Champions League

[font=Courier New]Season       Qualifying          Group Stage                         Finished[/font]
[font=Courier New]2018-2019           N/A              [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019ChampionsLeagueGroupH.jpg"]Group H[/url][/font]       [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019ChampionsLeagueFixtures.jpg"]Lost in 1st Knockout Round[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2019-2020       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2020ChampionsLeagueQualifying.jpg"]Winners[/url]              [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2020ChampionsLeagueGroupE.jpg"]Group E[/url][/font]       [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2020ChampionsLeagueFirstKnockoutRou.jpg"]Lost in 1st Knockout Round[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2020-2021       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2021UCLFixtures.jpg"]Winners[/url][/font][font=Courier New]              [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2021UCLGroupE.jpg"]Group E[/url][/font]       [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2021UCLSingleEliminationRounds.jpg"]Lost in 1st Knockout Round[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2021-2022       [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022UCLQualifying.jpg"]Winners[/url]              [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022UCLGroupF.jpg"]Group F[/url]       [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022UCLGroupF.jpg"]Lost in Group Stage[/url][/font]

Europa League

[font=Courier New]Season       Qualifying          Group Stage    Finished[/font]
[font=Courier New]2021-2022           N/A                  N/A    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022UCKnockoutRounds.jpg"]Lost in Semi Final[/url][/font]

European Club Rankings

[font=Courier New]Season       Ranking          Change          [/font][font=Courier New]Coefficient
2017-2018       95th             N/A                  N/A
2018-2019       70th             +25               41.802
2019-2020       53rd             +17               53.110
[/font][font=Courier New]2020-2021       37th             +16               69.451[/font]
[font=Courier New]2021-2022       21st             +16               91.039[/font]

Walcott/'s Wonderkids - Wow! That's one hell of a result.

In my game. I'm 23 games into the season. And I'm hanging around just outside where the play-offs should be. I'm sitting in 7th. Only 2 points behind 6th and 10 points behind 2nd and it's automatic promotion place.

2022-2023 Real Oviedo S.A.D. (Season 14)

Media Prediction: 3rd

Finishing Position: 2nd

Spanish Cup: Lost in Final to Barcelona

Champions League: Group Stage Knockout Rounds

Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Transfers

Transfers

Gilvan transfer didn't really work out...

Future Transfers

Jesus moves to Zaragoza while I get Andres Perlaza from MLS side Columbus Crew.

Key Players

GK - Raul Perez Rodriguez

DR - Luis

DL/DC - Javier YP4

DM - Krisztian Lukacsi

MC - Colin Welch

MC - Jurgen Schmadtke

ST - Matias Rodriguez

ST - Riccardo Villa

ST - Roberto Perrone

Finances

Finances

Awards

• Roberto Perrone - LIGA BBVA Top Goalscorer - 2nd place
  • Colin Welch - Spanish League Player of the Year - 3rd place
  • Raul Perez Rodriguez - LIGA BBVA Goalkeeper of the Year - 3rd place
  • me - Spanish Manager of the Year - 3rd place
  • Javier YP4 and Colin Welch - LIGA BBVA Team of the Season

Club Information

Affiliations

Information

Stadium/Facilities

Goals for the next year

• challenge for 1st
  • Champions League Quarter Finals again at least

Domestic League

[font=Courier New]Season       Team          League                   Finished  Notes
2009-2010    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1      [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2009-2010Standings.jpg"]11th[/url]  [/font]
[font=Courier New]2010-2011    Real Oviedo   Spanish 2nd Division B1       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2011Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url]  Promotion[/font]
[font=Courier New]2011-2012    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2012Standings.jpg"]10th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2012-2013    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2013Standings.jpg"]5th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2013-2014    Real Oviedo   LIGA adelante                 [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2014Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url]  Promotion  
[/font][font=Courier New]2014-2015    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2015Standings.jpg"]14th[/url]
[/font][font=Courier New]2015-2016    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2016Standings.jpg"]8th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2016-2017    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2017Standings.jpg"]13th[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2017-2018    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2018Standings.jpg"]3rd[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]  
[font=Courier New]2018-2019    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019Standings.jpg"]4th[/url]  Qualified for UCL[/font]
[font=Courier New]2019-2020    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2020Standings.jpg"]4th[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]
[font=Courier New]2020-2021    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2021Standings.jpg"]4th[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]
[font=Courier New]2021-2022    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]
[font=Courier New]2022-2023    Real Oviedo   LIGA BBVA                     [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022-2023Standings.jpg"]2nd[/url][/font][font=Courier New]  Qualified for UCL[/font]

Champions League

[font=Courier New]Season       Qualifying          Group Stage                         Finished[/font]
[font=Courier New]2018-2019           N/A              [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019ChampionsLeagueGroupH.jpg"]Group H[/url][/font]       [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2019ChampionsLeagueFixtures.jpg"]Lost in 1st Knockout Round[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2019-2020       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2020ChampionsLeagueQualifying.jpg"]Winners[/url]              [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2020ChampionsLeagueGroupE.jpg"]Group E[/url][/font]       [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2020ChampionsLeagueFirstKnockoutRou.jpg"]Lost in 1st Knockout Round[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2020-2021       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2021UCLFixtures.jpg"]Winners[/url][/font][font=Courier New]              [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2021UCLGroupE.jpg"]Group E[/url][/font]       [font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2021UCLSingleEliminationRounds.jpg"]Lost in 1st Knockout Round[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2021-2022       [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022UCLQualifying.jpg"]Winners[/url]              [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022UCLGroupF.jpg"]Group F[/url]       [/font][font=Courier New][url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022UCLGroupF.jpg"]Lost in Group Stage[/url][/font]
[font=Courier New]2022-2023           N/A              [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2023UCLGroupB.jpg"]Group B[/url]       [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2023UCLKnockoutRounds.jpg"]Lost in Quarter Final[/url][/font]

Europa League

[font=Courier New]Season       Qualifying          Group Stage    Finished[/font]
[font=Courier New]2021-2022           N/A                  N/A    [url="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll131/rancer890/FM09%20Real%20Oviedo%20Challenge/2022UCKnockoutRounds.jpg"]Lost in Semi Final[/url][/font]

European Club Rankings

[font=Courier New]Season       Ranking          Change          [/font][font=Courier New]Coefficient
2017-2018       95th             N/A                  N/A
2018-2019       70th             +25               41.802
2019-2020       53rd             +17               53.110
[/font][font=Courier New]2020-2021       37th             +16               69.451[/font]
[font=Courier New]2021-2022       21st             +16               91.039[/font]
[font=Courier New]2022-2023       17th             +4               108.365              [/font]

Great season Rancer:thup: How hasn't Villa got an international cap yet? :confused: Oh, your son looks awful:p, could I see a screenshot?

The final league position and the Spanish cup final both go to the cup final, The DR - part goes to a image that has been moved or deleted..

Hope you progress next season :thup:

I don't know why Villa hasn't gotten a cap yet. He has Spanish Citizenship but he's declared for Italy...he's good enough to at least be selected to the national team (which includes Perrone)

And the screenshot is fixed. :)

Patrick Nakano. :D

With Jesus gone, Nakano will be the 4th striker for now. :D

Nakano's not the greatest tbh :D. Look at the number of caps though!

On a side-note I shall be back in Italy possibly at the end of my season at Bradford as it looks like I'll be completing dafuge's challenge :thup:

Canada needs him, because there's no one else. :o

I will also a youth player update in Nep's thread, but that won't come till after my dinner...

d-machine - can't believe you sold Viola! Was he unhappy? At least you got a significant transfer fee for him.

I've decided to do something different within this thread. I'm really enjoying my experiment but I still need to get my fix of actually playing the game :D. So I've done something colossal!! I've loaded France, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Germany down to their lowest divisions and am currently holidaying to the reset dates.

The plan is to take over 5 newly promoted clubs with 5 separate managers in the 5 different countries. Then I'll just report on how I do with all of them :D.

He was refusing to sign a new contract, so I had to sell him or risk losing him on a free later. I might mention he wasn't involved in our 6-1 thrashing of Verona, or our 2-1 win over Chievo. Our first league game of the season ended as a 3-1 win.

That concept sounds interesting actually. Are you gonna take over Savona in Italy again? ;)

Good luck in Spain daemonic!

Well guys. I fear my run of consecutive promotions is going to be over. 29 games into the season (13 left) and my form is really beginning to falter. I'm in 10th and barring a total disaster I should be safe for next season. I'm still only 5 points behind the team in 6th which should have a play-off place, but I'm not holding out much hope of getting there. Having said that, if I can turn it round quickly then I might still be in with a shot. It will be an interesting run in.

daemonic - good luck in Spain

PRDH - i wouldn't get too despondant mate. to avoid relegation is a great achievement in itself.

I'm dead chuffed. Though I am now only 3 points off 6th.

EDIT- Gap up to 7 points with 8 games to go. 6th is what I'm aiming for at this stage. It's a long shot - but aim high. With some good performances there is a chance.

Archived