JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

I only got to Serie B, promoted in the last season I played from Serie C1. And yeah I have a feeling that cracking Serie A is the answer in Italy, in Portugal it is cracking the top three, while in Spain it seems to be beating Madrid & Barca. Not sure bout the others yet.

In Germany, it is all about making the most money imo :D Bayern are the only team which get a decent budget.

Oh and Ohanzee, brilliant work there in the Euro Cup :thup:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far after 19 games Benfica has 39 goals, Sporting has 39, I have 38 & Porto have 36, but I have allowed 22, the others are between 9 & 15.

So I have played 4 more games to be at 23 now. Top Team Goals: Fafe & Benfica 48, Porto 47, Sporting 45. Best Defense: Benfica 14, Porto 17, Sporting & Guimaraes 18, Setubal 20, Fafe 23.

Now I have moved up to third, but clearly the ten points that Benfica and Porto have on me is about defense.

D can I have your defense to join up with my sstrikeforce? :)

Des can I have your strikeforce? :p

Time to relax with Clube Futebol Benfica after an extremely physical real life match... Next game is Portuguese Cup 4th round.

EDIT - correction - Portuguese Cup 3rd round

Which combination would you like? Radakovic, Marcel, Maradona? :) I am loving the three way action, and then the support this season is stunning, just beat PSV (16th) 4:1 (A2:1 H2:0) to make the Euro Qf's once more. And I drew Man U (10th) for the Quarters & the winner of Celtic (38th) & Olympiakos (37th) in the Semis. So now I have to make another step up and I get my first trip to England.

The European Cup Top Eight

Manchester Utd (10th)

Tottenham (30th)

Olympiakos (37th)

Celtic (38th)

Fafe (52nd)

Schalke (83rd)

Stuttgart (97th)

Blackburn (119th)

So I got the worst of the possible draws, but it makes me realise that if I can win this game then everyone else is beatable, and I have comfortably beaten 20th & 16th already.

Final 8 in Champs League: Chelsea (1st), Bayern (4th), Juventus (6th), Arsenal (7th), Lyon (8th), Benfica (11th), AC Milan (13th), Ajax (28th)

Which combination would you like? Radakovic, Marcel, Maradona? :) I am loving the three way action, and then the support this season is stunning, just beat PSV (16th) 4:1 (A2:1 H2:0) to make the Euro Qf's once more.

I only play 1 striker, so just Radakovic ;)

Don't worry about it, I just beat Alcobaca 4:0 :D

Now I beat Casa Pia 3-0 away... before my last 2 results i'd only scored 8 goals in 10 games (all Comps), I just scored 7 in 2! Good luck against Man Utd Des!

Beat Tourizense 2-0 at home. This is the table after the first 11 games :cool:

Our only losses (and the only goals we've conceded) were against 2nd and 3rd place.

We've got Liga Vitalis side Olhanense in the Portuguese cup 4th round. I think we might be able to scrape a win, though it is an away game.

Hey Des, what round do teams start getting some money in the Portuguese Cup? I'll just have to hope for the glamour tie against either Porto, Sporting or Benfica away to raise some cash otherwise (if I get to the next round)

Oh well, I lost the 4th round anyway...

Unlucky result against Man Utd. I'll say a 2-1 win in the 2nd leg :thup:

My board agree with me that I deserve a new contract.

Down 1-0 at halftime and I have had a goal disallowed for a foul on the defender, what a crock. Congrats on the new contract. And a 93rd minute equaliser from Radakovic is not enough.

Messina have just been brought down to earth a bit in Serie C1B.

We went to Avellino in match pitting 2nd v 3rd (us) - Avellino won 5-2! :(

Not so down heartened though, as their goals comprised a penalty, a 25 yard freekick, a 30 yarder and a 35 yarder. :eek:

Just one of those days I suppose! :D

Well done Ohanzee on the Euro Cup victory. Looking good in Portugal so far d-machine. :thup:

Morning all!

Bad luck LLR.

Just out of interest, what is everyone getting contract-wise. I signed a new contract in the summer after promotion, and I'm on £3.9K/week. I must be comfortably the cheapest manager in Serie A!

Haha I am on £2.9k per week, and even when I tried to get them to pay me more than that they have said no :(

Well after the disappointment of the game against Man U, although I was actually happy, to have come within one goal of the 10th best European club was stunning. I am now fighting for a spot in the Champs league for next season, I am about as close to Sporting as last time around, but I need consistency if I want it. 4pts back 3 games left.

Ha! Sorry LLR!

I'm about to hit January with all the irritations it brings. I have a bit of money to spend, but don't really know what to do with it. My team has just started to perform reasonably, and I don't really want to disrupt it with new additions, unless someone spectacular hits my radar I can see it being an understated window for Il Nuovi Rossoneri.

Clube Futebol Benfica - End of Second Division Group C 1st Phase Report

1st Phase Table | Games

We finished on top of the 1st Phase to earn our first ever trophy, but the job is only half done. We've still got the promotion stage to come, and all 3 of our losses this season so far have been against teams from this top 6. With 10 games to play in this stage, anything could happen. Our 3 point advantage at the start might just be enough to gain the early upper hand. Our defence has been very pleasing.

Promotion Stage

The Players

Our best 2 players so far have been Bessa and Mateus.

I'll do a much more indepth report at the end of the season. I'm currently getting paid £600 a week :p

See D thats where you have an advantage over me when I went into the promotion stages haha, when I was playing it the carry over points were never there so I had to start from scratch each time. :) it made it sooo much harder. But goo luck to you in getting up this time.

Haha Sporting started brilliantly in my game as well, but the top teams from Portugal were the best in season 1-2, but they actually drifted back a little bit now.

If you are in the first season Sporting CP have some players that are highly overrated in the game in my opinion. Simon Vukcevic beeing the main one. His technical attributes are just crazy for someone like him, he's proven nothing on the big stage in real life yet. Moutinho is another. His mental attributes are just unreal for a 21 year old, and is way to high in my opinion. Add to that Veloso in the same group. And then you have Liedson and Romagnoli in their absolute prime aswell. They really have an amazing team the first season. But usually they sell off those 3 younger ones I mentioned already after one season. Looking at them in my game that young MC Adrien have taken over as the big star, I guess he's got real potential.

Anyone know exactly what it takes to get a youth academy? My board are improving youth and training for the 3rd time now, but I've yet to see an academy. And our facilities are still rather bad to be honest.

I have an academy and have done throughout, but my facilities are only rated as good now, and were average at the start.

In other news, next up is the big game. Il Nuovi Rossoneri take on the Rossoneri at their place.

Ah well, guess it'll take a while then.

It looks like Marseille are gonna lose two of their biggest stars, Gabriel Rodríguez and Ivan Rakitic, in a couple of weeks. Their contracts are running out at least. And Lyon are looking like losing their amazing goalkeeper Hugo Lloris the same way. If I could offer £56k wages I could actually get Lloris (that's what he wants when I try). I guess if I scewed all my transferbudget into wage budget I could aswell, but I just wont. It would ruin my finances totally in the long run.

This is going to be the season of ultimate results for us as we have finally beaten Benfica, we took a win over Sporting and a win over Porto all in one season. I am delighted with the season, disappointed with the results against the bottom teams, and we will just have to improve more next season. Now I have to congratulate my Youth team for doing the double "Youth League" & "Youth Cup" Champions. One league game left half my squad is injured or out, and I am coming 4th once more. 4pts behind Sporting & 6pts ahead of Academica. Full season update will come tomorrow.

Well in the battle between the giants of wearing both black and red kits, it was a draw. 1-1 I'm pretty chuffed with that as a result against AC Milan at the San Siro. Also it was the most people who've ever watched the Domes play. ~70K people.

Thats not so good Ghost, but it seems that your defense is about right, you just need to get more goals, my problem seems to be the opposite, I am scoring as many league goals as Porto & benfica, but just letting too many in at the other end.

it was like that in the first half of the season, 4th most goals scored, 5th most conceded. since, well, basically the opposite.

we finally won a match, 1-0 against 10 men, another clean sheet; our 6th in 8 games. during the first 18 games of the season we failed to score only twice, only kept 1 clean sheet and there were 59 goals. Since Christmas, we have played 9 games where we have only scored in 4, conceded in 3 and there have been 11 goals! have simply no idea what has happened, no tactical change.

Has anybody else noticed loads of good players signing for teams in Brazil on this? I've just been looking around. Chretien and Taarabt are both playing in the Brazilian leagues. I've never seen players moving to Brazil from Europe on a game before.

I've also been reading through iacovone's first Serie A experience. I must say it has given me hope, that this can be successful. Especially as it took me one fewer season to get into the top flight. :)

I'm not entirely resigned to relegation yet, but it will take some good performance in the second half of the season. Results that the team have shown themselves to be capable of, but not regularly.

And again - the team suddenly pull a result and a performance from somewhere, God knows where. We go 2-0 up in the first half - 3-0 then 3-2 and finally 4-2. I don't why we can do it sometimes. Anyway 21 games played 16 points taken so far and sitting in 19th but level on points with 17th and potential safety.

I think we should allow anyone on the thread to nominate a player or game or goal or whatever to the first list of nominations. Then we could possibly have a sub comittee to decide a final list, personally I would suggest Rlipscombe, Iacovone & Myself :o to cut the lists down to say 4-5 final nominees and then we could hold a vote on the winners of each award. So first we probably need to organise a lost of what we want in it. I like the above list, but there is a possibility for a few more awards out there. :)

:thup:

I like the sub-committee idea ;)

well thanks to my computer suffering a 'serious error' last night i was unable to get on here or play the game.... So...

PRDH - fantastic stuff!!! Good luck in Serie B. in FM08, i found it to be a massive step up from C1 and was relegated back down 1st season. When i subsequently bounced back i was more prepared and kicked on to Serie A.

yabobo - Youth facilities, i'd love to improve them too!! i have fantastic training facilities, but youth are still only good. Slightly frustrating as i'm big on my youth policy as i'm sure you know. However, i look on it as that it's probably still better than if i was a 'lesser' Spanish club if you like....

Ohanzee - very unlucky..... I think i'd have cried if i was you.... touch wood you can keep squad together and make it for sure next season.

iacovone - that's a big challenge you're doing there!! i think we can allow it though seeing as you've already completed the challenge..... Look forward to it.

Back to me... ;) Apparently the computer has run OK for 30 mins this morning (??) so i'm hoping it's ok again..... However, tomorrow i'm off on (another) holiday for a week so i'll be away until next weekend. i'm posting this now in case the computer decides to have another fit tonight. While i'm away, i want to see the following:

Des - Fafe in the top 2 of Portugal. you're nearly there, so sure you can do it.

Ohanzee - Regular European football. At the speed you play at, i'd imagine you'll get through 3 seasons?? i have hopes of CL footballl.

yabobo - Real Oviedo surviving in La Liga...

PRDH - Il Nuovo Rossineri as an established Serie B club.

iacovone - A thoroughly good read of your progress in each league!!

WW - Messina in Serie C1

el sid - Leipzig established as a top-half team in the Bundesliga (if not Europe... ;) )

High hopes i'm sure you'll agree but i have faith in all of you guys!!

Look forward to reading your comments on my expectations!!

i'm back.... ;) so first, off lets re-visit my predictions....

Des - not quite made Top2 yet but nearly there. congrats on cup win :thup: loving the reports as ever, including the map.

Ohanzee - Fantastic. congrats mate. Mulhouse are fast becoming the rivals to Lyon. great job beating Fiorentina...

yabobo - not been able to play so fair enough.

PRDH - exceeded my expectations!! congrats on promotion to Serie A = now the hard work begins. Pastore is a great player already.....

iacovone - sorry to see your game didn't happen - not surprised though.

WW - good to see you in C1...

As for me, it's great to be back and Oviedo will be loading soon. As for the awards, i'm up for being on a sub-commitee!! Also, with regards to the challenge for Fm2010, i agree in having Holland and Scotland in the challenge. it should hopefully bring in a few more players, not that we need them..... I did ask Gundo when game came out whether he'd let us have Russia and maybe Turkey in this challenge, but understandably he felt best to keep them where they were as people knew where they were. Whoever takes over the running of this thread next year ought to look at new ways of improving tis great challenge even further....

Pastore scored the 2 goals that got me promoted and he may have just scored 2 more that may prove incredibly important in keeping me up. Home game v Salernitana who came up with me. They are in 20th I'm in 19th but basically no points separate the bottom 4. Pastore scored early, but they equalised only for Pastore to score another in the 84th minute to win the game, take me up to 18th and only 2 points behind 17th and possible safety. My next three games are Lecce (H), Pescara (A), and Mantove (H) who are 16th, 19th and 17th respectively. I think they will pretty much decide which league I'm playing in next season.

Javier won 3 or 4 (or is it 5? :p) European Defender of the Year awards, a couple Spanish Player of the Year titles, and I think was named to the World Team of the Year 3 or 4 times. :)

Oh, and approaching 70 senior Spanish Caps (or surpassed it, don't remember. :D)

I think he's a good candidate for Best Academy Product. ;)

i'm back.... ;) so first, off lets re-visit my predictions....

Des - not quite made Top2 yet but nearly there. congrats on cup win :thup: loving the reports as ever, including the map.

Ohanzee - Fantastic. congrats mate. Mulhouse are fast becoming the rivals to Lyon. great job beating Fiorentina...

yabobo - not been able to play so fair enough.

PRDH - exceeded my expectations!! congrats on promotion to Serie A = now the hard work begins. Pastore is a great player already.....

iacovone - sorry to see your game didn't happen - not surprised though.

WW - good to see you in C1...

I'd forgotten your expectations. Glad I've exceeded them. May be back to being an established Serie B side next season. But hopefully not...

EDIT - Claudio Di Mauro is off at the end of the summer no matter what happens now. He's wanted to leave for about a year and a half, and I've finally given in. He came in in exchange for a defender quite some time ago, and in the summer he is joining Anderlecht for £8M. It's a nice profit, and I've got another coming in on a free transfer in the summer too.

Javier won 3 or 4 (or is it 5? :p) European Defender of the Year awards, a couple Spanish Player of the Year titles, and I think was named to the World Team of the Year 3 or 4 times. :)

Oh, and approaching 70 senior Spanish Caps (or surpassed it, don't remember. :D)

I think he's a good candidate for Best Academy Product. ;)

I'll have to give Pastore a few years to get up to that level. If he does.

Have just noticed that he is no longer classed as a 'young striker' but as 'cultured striker'.

I'll have to give Pastore a few years to get up to that level. If he does.

Have just noticed that he is no longer classed as a 'young striker' but as 'cultured striker'.

Pastore will be a great striker for you. :thup:

Where do I always go to find strikers? Italy of course. My two starting strikers are Italian. :D

Serbia? :) for Radakovic, Brazil for Marcel & Argentina for Diego Maradona.

Radakovic for best striker? :)

Radakovic for Best Serbian? :D

Has anyone got a decent spanish youth product who plays at left-back or centre-back? We could have an award for that I suppose ;)

Radakovic for Best Serbian? :D

Has anyone got a decent spanish youth product who plays at left-back or centre-back? We could have an award for that I suppose ;)

Javier can play left back and centre back. :D

Who's got a decent goalkeeper? :)

Another must win game in the final third of the season. Home game against Lecce.

Well that's a bad start. Lecce score in the first minute. From that moment on we dominated rest of the half, but could not hit the back of the net. We eventually grabbed an equaliser in the 60th minute. Then in the 73rd minute Di Mauro scored a placed shot from the edge of the area to give the Domes the lead. Pastore should have added a third in the 79th minute but headed over from the edge of the six-yard box. And then to add insult to injury Lecce equalised in the 86th minute. Time ticked down and there were no more chances. A 2-2 draw that doesn't really do me any favours at all.

EDIT - Now away against Fiorentina (games have been shifted due to call-ups). A game I expect to lose despite the fact that they have lost 7 on the trot. And there we go 1-0 down. Wait, 2-0 now. Pastore gets one back quickly. Di Mauro scores from distance. That's 2-2 all and it's still only 25 minutes in. 35 minutes in and it's another goal. It goes to Il Nuovi Rossoneri and Pastore. That makes it 2-3 to Domegliara. And more excitement - just before half-time Fiorentina have a man sent off. 57th minute and Pastore should score, but nods over from a corner. In the 89th minute Kandaurov had the chance to tie it up when he got through one-on-one with the keeper, but cracked under the pressure and placed it straight to the keeper. Then in the 91st minute 10 man Fiorentina score a free-kick to level it up. And that is how it stayed. It was more than I expected, but to concede so late is a real kick in the teeth.

EDIT2 - Now for the game away at Pescara. If I want to stay up this is a must win. Well it's a must win game, so as you'd expect the team go out and manage to concede a goal in the 19th minute. 1-0 down. It was still 1-0 at half-time. But in the 46th minute Pescara score a second. Chances of survival plummeting. Then to makes things worse after I've made all my substitutions, I get an injury - down to 10 men for the final 25 minutes. But then there's an own goal. A Pescara player puts in is his own net to make it 2-1. Things got even worse in the 85th minute when one of my defenders got his second yellow. 9 men for the final 5 minutes. And a loss. Massively disappointing result.

Archived