JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messina - Dec2010: Serie C1B Halfway Review

Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Salernitana     |       | 17    | 12    | 2     | 3     | 37    | 8     | +29   | 38    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Avellino        |       | 17    | 11    | 4     | 2     | 31    | 13    | +18   | 37    | 
| [b]3rd   |       | Messina         |       | 17    | 10    | 3     | 4     | 28    | 21    | +7    | 33    | [/b]
| 4th   |       | Cavese          |       | 17    | 11    | 0     | 6     | 34    | 22    | +12   | 33    | 
| 5th   |       | Gallipoli       |       | 17    | 7     | 5     | 5     | 30    | 25    | +5    | 26    | 
| 6th   |       | Ternana         |       | 17    | 7     | 5     | 5     | 24    | 24    | 0     | 26    | 
| 7th   |       | Celano          |       | 17    | 8     | 1     | 8     | 26    | 23    | +3    | 25    | 
| 8th   |       | Virtus Lanciano |       | 17    | 6     | 5     | 6     | 18    | 18    | 0     | 23    | 
| 9th   |       | San Marino      |       | 17    | 6     | 5     | 6     | 18    | 25    | -7    | 23    | 
| 10th  |       | Sorrento        |       | 16    | 6     | 5     | 5     | 24    | 25    | -1    | 23    | 
| 11th  |       | Foggia          |       | 17    | 6     | 4     | 7     | 18    | 21    | -3    | 22    | 
| 12th  |       | Perugia         |       | 17    | 7     | 1     | 9     | 21    | 20    | +1    | 22    | 
| 13th  |       | Arezzo          |       | 17    | 5     | 7     | 5     | 25    | 27    | -2    | 22    | 
| 14th  |       | Manfredonia     |       | 17    | 6     | 3     | 8     | 21    | 27    | -6    | 21    | 
| 15th  |       | Sangiovannese   |       | 17    | 5     | 5     | 7     | 15    | 17    | -2    | 20    | 
| 16th  |       | Crotone         |       | 17    | 2     | 5     | 10    | 12    | 28    | -16   | 11    | 
| 17th  |       | Barletta        |       | 17    | 2     | 4     | 11    | 14    | 33    | -19   | 10    | 
| 18th  |       | Juve Stabia     |       | 16    | 0     | 6     | 10    | 11    | 30    | -19   | 6     | 

Halfway through my 2nd season and my 1st season in Serie C1B and its going pretty well. I would definitely have taken playoff position come December.

Again its my home form that is keeping me up there (22 points from 27), although that only puts me 4th in the league on home form alone. The league in general is definitely favouring the home form.

I have 10 points from my last 15, helped by my last 3 games being at home.

I think Salernitana are too strong for these league, so if I am to have an outside chance of promotion it will have to be via the playoffs again. At the moment I would definitely take a top 5 finish.

Star player of the season so far: Aitor of course, the lad has 9 in 17 in the league and is 2nd highest scorer in the league so far. Luca Nizzetto has really shone as well now that he has more freedom on the right wing and has my highest av rating in the squad at 7.11 in the league.

Surely, for the hall of fame best team we could just have iacovone's Savona team?

don't stroke his ego too much..... ;) loving the idea of best XI for the challenge. We'll have to have some big end of season awards towards the end of the year. once a few others have completed the challenge!!

I think we start working on the catergories right now, with an aim to have it actuall nominations & Voting in September, then a presetation ceremony in the thread come October (Just before 2010 hopefully).

sounds like a plan to me....

In Oviedo news, the board have just given me an extra £8.75 million in transfer funds \o/ will come in handy in getting my season back on track...

Now away against Fiorentina (games have been shifted due to call-ups). A game I expect to lose despite the fact that they have lost 7 on the trot. And there we go 1-0 down. Wait, 2-0 now. Pastore gets one back quickly. Di Mauro scores from distance. That's 2-2 all and it's still only 25 minutes in. 35 minutes in and it's another goal. It goes to Il Nuovi Rossoneri and Pastore. That makes it 2-3 to Domegliara. And more excitement - just before half-time Fiorentina have a man sent off. 57th minute and Pastore should score, but nods over from a corner. In the 89th minute Kandaurov had the chance to tie it up when he got through one-on-one with the keeper, but cracked under the pressure and placed it straight to the keeper. Then in the 91st minute 10 man Fiorentina score a free-kick to level it up. And that is how it stayed. It was more than I expected, but to concede so late is a real kick in the teeth.

EDIT2 - Now for the game away at Pescara. If I want to stay up this is a must win. Well it's a must win game, so as you'd expect the team go out and manage to concede a goal in the 19th minute. 1-0 down. It was still 1-0 at half-time. But in the 46th minute Pescara score a second. Chances of survival plummeting. Then to makes things worse after I've made all my substitutions, I get an injury - down to 10 men for the final 25 minutes. But then there's an own goal. A Pescara player puts in is his own net to make it 2-1. Things got even worse in the 85th minute when one of my defenders got his second yellow. 9 men for the final 5 minutes. And a loss. Massively disappointing result.

I think Di Mauro could do well in the middle, as could Casisa, who could captain the side too. Pastore could well be challenging for this team if I was a few years further on in my game. I think he'd be worth a place on the bench.

Surely, for the hall of fame best team we could just have iacovone's Savona team?

Without a doubt the best post ever made within this thread ;)

Its all about a healthy balance of talent, legends and characters in our best xi.

Love the idea of an awards ceremony before FM10! Us core-members need to start planning...:p

Des can present them as his writing style outdoes most of us imo!

Right - we are now welcoming Napoli to Domegliara Stadium. They are in 15th so this is another of the important games that precedes the last of the must win games against Mantova.

A 3-2 loss to Napoli, and my Serie A status appear to be slipping away before my eyes.

We're now playing Mantova! That's a penalty! Pastore to take it . . . he steps up . . . and puts it low to the goalkeepers right and scores. 1-0. 4 minutes later though Mantova score - 1-1.

37 minutes - Mantova score. 1-2

52 minutes - Mantova score. 1-3

71 minutes - Penalty to Domelgiara! . . . Pastore scores!

Full-time - 2-3 to Mantova.

Surely the end of the line for Domegliara's bid to stay in the big time.

The thing keeping me going at the moment is that iacovone got relegated first season too.

Without a doubt the best post ever made within this thread ;)

Its all about a healthy balance of talent, legends and characters in our best xi.

Love the idea of an awards ceremony before FM10! Us core-members need to start planning...:p

We do indeed... Des should write it as he does indeed write the best reviews... maybe it'd get picked up by a TV channel... ;)

Right, so I have 6 games left this season. I need to make up 6 points on 17th place Pescara. These games are Lazio (A), Torino (A), Sampdoria (H), A.C. Milan (H), Bologna (A), and Vicenza (H).

I can't see where I can pick up any more than say 3 points from the rest. Which is just not even nearly enough. Bye, big time, hello second tier.

Well, the first game is gone and it made for an entertaining implosion. We lost 6-3. But the good news to come from it was that Pastore broke the club record for most goals scored. His record stands at 47.

You never know PRDH. You could sneak a draw at Torino and Bologna and beat Vicenza and Sampdoria. Or am I being too hopeful? Will you finish the season tonight?

I hope to finish it tonight. I'm not spending much time thinking about games anymore. The full report will be up tomorrow sometime definitely.

Another last minute goal means Torino beat me.

Well I'm not going to finish the season tonight. I have 2 games left but I have just been mathematically relegated after defeat to A.C. Milan - the Rossoneri defeat the Nuovi Rossoneri. Time to regroup, and make another push for promotion next season.

Unlucky PRDH - seems like your time in Serie A may be coming to a close in the short term. Regrouping in Serie B might not be such a bad thing. :)

Awards sound good guys - obviously I've not been a major participant in this thread as much as some of you, but I've had a good old read of the thread and there have been some cracking players.

Obviously if I can get a few more seasons under my belt come the end of the summer then hopefully Aitor might become as much of a legend as the other strikers in this thread.

Just scored a new fastest ever goal for Messina - Montesin scoring after 34 seconds! However, we could only draw 2-2 at home to Crotone, a lower table side despite having 8 clear cut chances! :(

Without a doubt the best post ever made within this thread

Love the idea of an awards ceremony before FM10! Us core-members need to start planning...

First off the best post is about to come when I make my season review for this year. It has a few new sections and it is just superior. As for my style :o:o:o:o guys I just write it and it makes me enjoy it more.

We do indeed... Des should write it as he does indeed write the best reviews... maybe it'd get picked up by a TV channel...
Maybe he could even have the awards night presented on Fafe Moments Now!!!!

I had already thought of that, and was thinking of ways to include victory speeches in it, like getting all of the nominees to submit a victory speech and then I could put it all together into the award show. Could be a lot of fun.

Awards sound good guys - obviously I've not been a major participant in this thread as much as some of you' date=' but I've had a good old read of the thread and there have been some cracking players.Obviously if I can get a few more seasons under my belt come the end of the summer then hopefully Aitor might become as much of a legend as the other strikers in this thread.[/quote']

I am sure by the end of August you should have a few players and things sorted.

We survived in La Liga!!!

Congrats, Excellent work yababo Hopefully we can celebrate together.

Des Tiny's Keeping the Fafe

Liga Sagres 2023/24

End of Season Update

Predicted: 4th

Actual: 4th

League Cup: 3rd Round

Portuguese Cup: 5th Round

Super Cup: Runners Up

European Cup: Quarter-Final: Leg 1 - Leg 2

European Rank: 30th (52nd) (4th in POR)

Finances: 5th - 27.5M (POR)

The Season in General

The season across the board was pretty good, I was delighted to see several records broken. I also finally saw us break even in a season in the top league, this was yet to happen. The only problem this season was a lack of consistency, we could beat the big boys, but kept failing against mid-table teams. Record Assists, Record Discipline, Record Gate, Record Win Streak

The League

The league was all over pretty good, we pushed Sporting right til the end as we very nearly took 3rd off them. In the end I know I need to improve away from home and beat the teams I should be beating regularly and then I will be home. A few good looking shots about the league. happy to have kept my 4th spot once more.

March MoM, March PoM, Feb MoM, Jan PoM, Porto 3:0, League Stats

The Cups

We were very disappointing in both the League Cup and in the Portuguese Cup, both times we went out earlier than we should've and it really was just unacceptable to see us play that badly.

Europe

Europe saw us repeat our run once more, though we came unstuck as we hit the Quarterfinals, coming up against Man Utd was a sad affair and we kept them perfectly happy as we only lost 2:1 on aggregate which is better than I expected, hopefully my players can hit their straps next season. I did defeat a couple of top 20 teams in the process, next year I should be up the ranks as well.

Group Stage

TV Money

The Youth Double

My Under 19s had a stunning season, with Batista, Barrata and others playing on a regular basis they managed to take the double winning their League and their Cup, to add more trophies to my cabinet.

vs The Big Three

One of the new sections in here is a look at my history against the big three, I am going to try and get screenies of all these past victories at some point, but it might take a while.

Past Victories

25/09/2016 vs Sporting 1:0 (LS)

30/01/2022 vs Sporting 1:0 (LS)

13/01/2016 at Porto 2:1 (LC)

19/02/2023 vs Porto 1:0 (LS)

08/03/2023 vs Porto 2:2p (PC)

This Season

at Sporting 2:2 (LS)

vs Sporting 2:3 (LS)

vs Benfica 2:3 (SC) - Neutral

at Benfica 1:3 (LS)

vs Benfica 1:0 (LS)

vs Porto 3:0 (LS)

vs Porto 2:3 (LC)

at Porto 0:1 (LS)

Radakovic's Season

Again he was my clear star pick, he didn't do as well as he did in his record smashing season, but he is running away with the all time records and with the help of the rest of the squad he is definitely showing himself as the star of Liga Sagres. Golden Boot for three years running.

This Season

18 League Goals in 24 Games (27)

27 Goals in 41 Games Overall (41)

Career

118 League Goals in 184 Games

168 Goals in 272 Games

Records in brackets

Overall Starts 266 (266)

Overall Caps 272 (272)

League Caps 184 (184)

Overall Goals 168 (168)

League Goals 118 (118)

Overall Assists 51 (84)

Overall MoM 55 (55)

The Awards

Liga Sagres

Golden Boot: Radakovic

Team of Year: Radakovic, Tiago, Di Giuseppe

Player of Year: Tiago

Most Man of Match: Radakovic

Forward of Year: Radakovic

Most Assists: Di Giuseppe

Euro Cup

Golden Boot: Marcel

The Fafeful

Fans Player of the Year: Di Giuseppe (Finally beat Radakovic)

Best XI: Gresovnik, Alexio, Costa, Mendes, Tarasenko, Crawford, Di Giuseppe, Tiago, Rocha, Marcel, Radakovic. Subs: Silva, Maradona, Juan, Estigarribia, Batista, Mauricio, Barata.

Overall XI: Carrasso, Kiselev, Pantovic, Mendes, Esnaola, Crawford, Di Giuseppe, Moreno, Shala, Radakovic, Garcia. Subs: Gresovnik, Marcel, Janssen, Rocha, Tarasenko, Monasterio, Tiago.

Where are they now? Still at Fafe: Mendes, Crawford, Di Giuseppe, Radakovic, Gresovnik, Marcel, Rocha, Tarasenko & Tiago. Retired: Carrasso & Garcia. At other Clubs: Kiselev (Everton), Pantovic (Lyon), Esnaola (CFR Cluj), Moreno (Getafe), Shala (Blackburn), Janssen (Ajax), Monasterio (Ajax).

The Squad

The Current squads All time stats.

Goalkeepers

Silva - A Young player who just covered while we had no one else.

Gresovnik - The only true keeper in the side, he is the rock at the back, but I really need someone better if I can find one, he is good, but could be better.

Hunter - I bought him as a back-up, hopefully he can make a difference rather than losing cause Silva had to play.

Defense

Zafeirpoulos - The Crazy-named Greek is my newest defender, cover for right and centre he had a good start, but he is still young and this will mean he can only get better.

Mendes - The Vice-Captain is one I need to keep in the back, the leadership of this club is amazing as he has led at the back and the defense is slowly improving.

Costa - The former back-up left back has shown that he should've been starting all along, a stunning season considering he is supposedly not good enough for this level.

Alexio - Another back-up who has stepped into a starting role and out performed almost everyone else in the place.

Tarasenko - The Fafe Captain has shown he is solid at the back and from corners, this season he started scoring from free-kicks as well. I think if these two at the back stay happy then I am home for next year.

Pereira - My newest left side player, he looks like the future star on the left, and with the young players coming in I know I have cover if I need it. My bench are all under 21 now.

Mauricio - The two-sided fullback is likely to be moved on as he has been replaced, I probably can make a profit on him, I only paid 50k.

Midfield

Barata - The Right midfielder has been promoted from my youth side and is a capable back-up to Di Giuseppe.

Martinez - He has been replaced, but played a few games following injuries. Will be leaving.

Batista - The new star of the future, he has 7 star potential and has already moved up alongside Rocha in his position, but I would like to get some experience in him before I start him regularly.

Tiago - Another back-up who stepped up and ran away with the show, no-one even came close to his stunning efforts as he took out the Liga Sagres Player of the Year.

Di Giuseppe - Another record season as he got more assists than last time out, and if he can keep improving we have a perfect wing combination in check.

Estigarribia - The old man of the team has left for Pescara come July, but was a solid back-up when needed.

Rocha - The Attacking Mid had a solid season, but his average rating does seem low considering I know he wasn't really that bad.

Juan - He became a back-up to Crawford this season as he didn't perform preseason adn Crawford was completely stunning.

Crawford - The American boy became one of the best at the club, a real anchor for my team, I was impressed with his efforts.

Strikers

Marcel - He came out from under the shadow of Radakovic and showed that he could set up a stunning season as well, Golden Boot in the European Cup was a great effort as he was only one goal short of the record.

Maradona - Diego was the perfect back-up, but he was disappointed with his own effort not scoring enough goals, he will continue to grow under the two big boys.

Radakovic - Another good season, solid enough, but nothing stunning, kept his Golden Boot for the third season in a row.

Around the Traps

World Club: Real Madrid

Euro Super Cup: Liverpool

Champs League: Chelsea

Euro Cup: Man Utd

Liga Sagres: Porto

Liga Vitalis: Rio Ave

2nd Division: Fatima

Portuguese Cup: Porto

League Cup: Porto

Super Cup: Benfica

Oceania Nations: New Zealand

Gold Cup: U.S.A.

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Club History

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|
|  Season  | Division  | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2119704&postcount=151"]2009/10[/url]  |   2nd A   |       [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7781/2009101st.png"]4th[/url]       |        [url="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8661/200910pro.png"]2nd[/url]          |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2128016&postcount=176"]2010/11[/url]  |   2nd A   |       [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5898/2010111st.png"]3rd[/url]       |        [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4011/201011pro.png"]4th[/url]          |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2163535&postcount=274"]2011/12[/url]  |   2nd A   |       [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9030/2011121st.png"]1st[/url]       |        [url="http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7632/201112pro.png"]2nd[/url]          | Champions
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2266801&postcount=582"]2012/13[/url]  |   2nd A   |       [url="http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/569/2012131st.png"]1st[/url]       |        [url="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6647/201213pro.png"]1st[/url]          | Champions & Promotion
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2337396&postcount=891"]2013/14[/url]  |  Vitalis  |       [url="http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2931/201314.png"]5th[/url]       |        N/A          | 
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2360414&postcount=996"]2014/15[/url]  |  Vitalis  |       [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2622/201415.png"]1st[/url]       |        N/A          | Champions & Promotion
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2373772&postcount=1032"]2015/16[/url]  |  Sagres   |      [url="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4926/201516.png"]13th[/url]       |        N/A          |
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2394792&postcount=1139"]2016/17[/url]  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8968/201617.png"]8th[/url]       |        N/A          | EC via Sporting Play
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2420817&postcount=1217"]2017/18[/url]  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5683/201718.png"]8th[/url]       |        N/A          | 
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=2459304&postcount=1334"]2018/19[/url]  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5983/201819.png"]4th[/url]       |        N/A          | EC via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3252051&postcount=3914"]2019/20[/url]  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/301/ligasagres.png"]5th[/url]       |        N/A          | EC via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3292188&postcount=4083"]2020/21[/url]  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/301/ligasagres.png"]8th[/url]       |        N/A          | 
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3302887&postcount=4170"]2021/22[/url]  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/133/ligasagres3.png"]4th[/url]       |        N/A          | EC via League
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3343231&postcount=4379"]2022/23[/url]  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8213/ligasagres11.png"]4th[/url]       |        N/A          | EC via League,
|          |           |                 |                     | [b][url="http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1586/fafevvitguimares.png"]Portuguese Cup[/url][/b]
| [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3379616&postcount=4628"]2023/24[/url]  |  Sagres   |       [url="http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/301/ligasagres.png"]4th[/url]       |        N/A          | EC via League

Home and Away Records in Liga Sagres

|----------|------------|------------|---------------|
|  Season  |  Home Rec  |  Away Rec  |  Overall Rec  |
| 2015/16  |  04-04-07  |  02-04-09  |   06-08-16    |
| 2016/17  |  07-03-05  |  04-03-08  |   11-06-13    |
| 2017/18  |  07-03-05  |  03-03-09  |   10-06-14    |
| 2018/19  |  09-02-04  |  08-04-03  |   17-06-07    |
| 2019/20  |  10-02-03  |  03-03-09  |   13-05-12    |
| 2020/21  |  10-02-03  |  02-04-09  |   12-06-12    |
| 2021/22  |  11-02-02  |  07-04-04  |   18-06-06    |
| 2022/23  |  11-01-03  |  08-02-05  |   19-03-08    |
| 2023/24  |  12-00-03  |  05-07-03  |   17-07-03    |

Home and Away Goals in Liga Sagres

|  Season  | Home Goals | Away Goals | Overall Goals |
| 2015/16  |    17-20   |    15-27   |     32-47     |
| 2016/17  |    23-18   |    18-27   |     41-45     |
| 2017/18  |    23-21   |    13-27   |     36-48     |
| 2018/19  |    30-26   |    31-18   |     61-44     |
| 2019/20  |    31-16   |    20-30   |     51-46     |
| 2020/21  |    25-13   |    15-29   |     40-42     |
| 2021/22  |    34-11   |    33-25   |     67-36     |
| 2022/23  |    26-05   |    26-22   |     52-27     |
| 2023/24  |    32-09   |    23-19   |     55-28     |

Club Records

Competition History

Associação Desportiva de Fafe Players History

The Best of the Best

bestplayerst.jpg

The 100 Club

100club.png

David Moreno, Jonathan, Tiago Rodrigues, Kipulo, Hector Garcia, Josu Esnaola, Ruben, "The Monster", Paulo Ricardo, Nicolas Aguero, Tom Erik Shala, Ernesto, John Astrup, "Pants", Leonid Kiselev, Marciano Janssen, Mendes, Costa, Alexio, Tarasenko, Tiago, Di Giuseppe, Rocha, Juan, Crawford, Marcel, Radakovic.

With three new players joining this club it lifts to eleven the number of current players with over one hundred caps and leads to our experience finally starting to show.

Eurotrip

euromap.png

2017/18

Marijampole, Lithuania

Gyor, Hungary

Cork, Ireland

Milan, Italy

2019/20

Maribor, Slovenia

Elbasan, Albania

Liege, Belgium

2020/21

Gyor, Hungary

Szekesfehervar, Hungary

Montbeliard, France

Copenhagen, Denmark

Basel, Switzerland

Paisley, Scotland

2022/23

Trondheim, Norway

Salonika, Greece

Amsterdam, Holland

Leverkusen, Germany

Le Mans, France

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Florence, Italy

2023/24

Sofia, Bulgaria

Lovech, Bulgaria

Tampere, Finland

Bergamo, Italy

Athens, Greece

Eindhoven, Holland

Manchester, England

Aims for next season

1. Move into the top three

2. Beat the Big 3 at home

3. Make Semis of Euro Cup

4. Win another trophy

5. Fix the finances - Sponsorship should help.

Also new addicted rating - "I can give this game up whenever I like. I just don't want to yet..."

Mine has been at "nothing to see here, move along" for ages now...wonder if that's the furthest it goes? I'm at about 60 days of playing time :eek:

Lovely to see a bright new shiny end of season report from you Des...now time to read it! I'll be back in an hour or 2 ;)

Mine has been at "nothing to see here, move along" for ages now...wonder if that's the furthest it goes? I'm at about 60 days of playing time :eek:

Lovely to see a bright new shiny end of season report from you Des...now time to read it! I'll be back in an hour or 2 ;)

I only have 19 days play time on there. And good timing, I just finished adding the last parts to complete it all up. :)

Great update :thup:. How long does it take you to write them out of interest?

Couple of things:

1) Looks like you were unlucky in the Uefa Cup away leg - did you have a chance before the sending off do you think? It looks like you could have some success in Europe next year, I'm predicting a Uefa Cup win.

2) With the overall club records is the 'Overall Goals' stat correct or a typo? Is Radakovic just 1 goal away from that record or actually already the record holder?

3) Nice to see Di Giuseppe take the Fans Player of the Year this season, he's great. Has anyone else won it whilst Radakovic has been at the club?

4) I noticed Di Giuseppe got 30 assists in all competitions this season :eek:, phenomenal! 84 in 172 in his Fafe career - that's mightily impressive :thup:

Ben Hansen has finally scored. He's playing in the last couple of games of this season as I'd quite like him to be first choice next season with Pastore, and he's got his first Domegliara goal. It's only taken him 31 appearances to get it! Admittedly most of them are substitute appearances but still, a big day for the young man. It's also his first senior goal ever, he never played a game for Brondby.

Iacovone: The update itself can take a fairly long time, I started that one late on Sunday night and then I finished it in about 2-3 hours tonight. I think the major part is making sure I have all the screenshots I need and also using the previous years report and editing the extra bits in makes a huge difference in how long it takes. Next time around I wanna shrink that European map a little. Glad to see I have 11 players with over 100 games for Fafe now though, we are on fire.

1) I was really lucky to get the away goal I got, the game was close all the way, but I never really looked like scoring. If I had drawn any other team I would've beaten them. Having moved up to 30th I am happy to be heading in as one of the early favourites.

2) It was a typo, now corrected.

3) He is the first player to have taken it off Radakovic in 7 seasons, Radakovic won it 6 years running, beating Kipulo's 3 years running.

4) Di Giuseppe was pushed all the way by Tiago last season on the left wing, it seemed to just make him fire in more crosses and be more accurate from corners. The squad is really coming together now.

England confuse me, Rafa Benitez leads them to their first ever Euro Championship in 2024, yet they fire him...

Under him they did the following

Win Euro 2024

Win Euro U19s 2023

4th World Cup 2022

Win U20 World Cup 2021

2nd Euro 2020

Win U20 World Cup 2019

Win U20 World Cup 2017

Why would you fire someone who achieved that?

Well we finish the season leaving the fans with a sense of what might have been. A 1-0 win over Vicenza is totally meaningless, except that it might boost morale a bit, which is unsurprisingly pretty low right now. Claudio Di Mauro leaves the fans with a fond memory of him before his £8M move to Anderlecht by netting the eventual winner in the first half with a well timed close finish.

Update will follow soon, once I've written it etc..

Nice report Des. It's just shocking to see the amount of difference financially that the big 3 have over the other clubs :eek: Hopefully when you break the top 2 and get some Champions league football you can start to make more cash.

I don't think my team is ready for promotion yet - we've started to choke! Still 3 games to go though, hopefully Operario slips up and we win all our games.

And you know how I said I kept getting heaps of injuries at Casale? I've been getting almost none all season with Clube Futebol Benfica. Maybe it was just that save...

England confuse me, Rafa Benitez leads them to their first ever Euro Championship in 2024, yet they fire him...

Under him they did the following

Win Euro 2024

Win Euro U19s 2023

4th World Cup 2022

Win U20 World Cup 2021

2nd Euro 2020

Win U20 World Cup 2019

Win U20 World Cup 2017

Why would you fire someone who achieved that?

Well in reality the U21 and U19 managers achieved most of that. Still following the Euros win its a little strange that he got sacked! Who replaced him?

Also just found this little gem on my back-up goalie, check out his personality.

That personality means he's one of the SI team players. As in he is a real guy programmed to appear on the game at some point. Type 'faceinthegame' in the search and it lists everyone else like that. Worth scouting them to see the different personalities!

Nice report Des. It's just shocking to see the amount of difference financially that the big 3 have over the other clubs :eek: Hopefully when you break the top 2 and get some Champions league football you can start to make more cash.

I don't think my team is ready for promotion yet - we've started to choke! Still 3 games to go though, hopefully Operario slips up and we win all our games.

And you know how I said I kept getting heaps of injuries at Casale? I've been getting almost none all season with Clube Futebol Benfica. Maybe it was just that save...

You've definitely just cursed yourself d-machine :p

Also just found this little gem on my back-up goalie, check out his personality.

That's brilliant. Never seen it before.

I'm planning a bit of a clear our. Only 2 people are guarenteed their places next season. And I'll give you a couple of guesses!

I'd also just like to raise a bit of brilliant man-management on my part ;) - Pastore had played almost every game this season, and I noticed that his stats hadn't improved, I worried he was worn out, and in danger of losing ground on his potential. SO I rested him for the last 3 games of the season. Relegation was basically guarenteed. And his stats have taken a noticeable jump upwards.

D: Yeah Champs League is a definite target this season, and would be good to see you go up, but I think another season down at the bottom level may be good for you. So you know if you win the Promotion Stage you still have to win a semi-final before you get promoted as well. And the injuries only seem to be on games started under old patches.

Iacovone: Nice to know where they are from, i bought the guy cause he looked solid as a back-up and was cheap, but now I can see a whol heap of them, wonder if any are any good. He is yet to be replaced.

You've definitely just cursed yourself d-machine :p

Maybe... but with only 2 games to go (I don't think I'm gonna make the playoffs) it doesn't really matter.

Saying that, the curse will probably hit next season

Clube Futebol Benfica - Portuguese Second Division Group C, 2009/10 (Season 1)

League Talk

1st Phase | Positions Graph | Promotion Phase

My first season at Fut. Benfica was a successful one to say the least. We won the 1st Phase by 5 points, giving me plenty of hope about getting promoted. But we choked in the Promotion Phase. Still, I like to believe that it was a good first year.

Squad Building

Transfers

I approached this season the way I always do in my first year in managing a lower club, and that is by signing the players that will be able to perform straight away. This obviously showed in the league, though 4 of my stars were over 30. My second season is the interesting one where I start to sign younger players for the future, let's just hope I can find them!

Cup Campaigns

Portuguese Cup

We did just as much as the board requested we do, reach the fourth round. We got knocked out by a Liga Vitalis side, so it was a bit of a learning expeirence for the players.

Domestic Cups

|----------|-----------------|-----------------|-----------------|
|  Season  | Portuguese Cup  |   League Cup    |    Super Cup    |
| 2009/10  |   [url="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp335/d-machine/JoseRRs%20Challenge/Fut%20Benfica/2009-10/fullseason/portuguesecup.jpg"]4th Round[/url]     |      N/A        |       N/A       |

Financial Report

Finances

Well my finances are going down each week, something which i'll start addressing next season. I can't really do much expect accept good bids for players, and reduce my wage bill.

The Star Players

Squad | Formation

Bessa - Decent season from my striker, averaged a goal every 2 games.

Mateus - Ran the midfield until the promotion phase, where he dropped off.

Ramon - He played great on the left side, but at 28 is hardly the long term solution.

Alexis - Was wonderful in the attacking midfield role, but really disappointed in the Promotion Phase.

Wilson Sanches-Leal - Came in mid-season, and played great. Still relatively young as well, should serve for a few years.

Pedro Nunes - Great at the back

To Figueira - Great season by the keeper, but is also getting on in years.

So basically my whole squad will need to be backed up by young guns, which I will be looking to bring in next season.

Best 11 | Overall Best 11

|--------------------------------------------------------------|
|               CLUBE FUTEBOL BENFICA AWARDS                   |
|Golden Boot - Bessa with 16 goals in 33 games                 |
|Assist Machine - Alexis with 9 assists in 31 games            |
|Top Performer - Mateus with a 7.28 average rating in 34 games |
|The Thug - Dino with 1 yellow and 1 red in 31 games           |
|The Man - Mateus with 9 Man of the Match awards in 34 games   |
|FPOTY - Mateus                                                |
|Goal of the Season - Alexis  [see Goal [url="http://s425.photobucket.com/albums/pp335/d-machine/JoseRRs%20Challenge/Fut%20Benfica/2009-10/fullseason/?action=view&current=Goal5.flv"]HERE!!![/url]]               |

|----------------------------------------------------------|
|Around the Globe 1 June 2009 - 31 May 2010                |
|INTERNATIONAL                                             |
|Oceania Nations Cup - New Zealand                         |
|African Nations Cup - Cameroon                            |
|North American Gold Cup - USA                             |
|Confederations Cup - Italy                                |
|Under 20's World Cup - Brazil                             |
|European Under 21's Championship - Turkey                 |
|European Under 19's Championship - France                 |
|CLUB                                                      |
|Champions League - Barcalona                              |
|Europa League - Arsenal                                   |
|European Super Cup - Chelsea                              |
|Club World Championship - Chelsea                         |
|PORTUGAL                                                  |
|Liga Sagres - Sporting                                    |
|Liga Vitalis - Academica                                  |
|Portuguese Cup - Benfica                                  |
|League Cup - Benfica                                      |
|Super Cup - Porto                                         |
|Under 19's Cup - Belenenses                               |
|Second Division Promotions - Espinho, Barreirense         |
|BIGGEST 3 TRANSFERS                                       |
|1st - Andres Guardado, from Deportivo to Man Utd, 22.5mil |
|2nd - Darijo Srna, from Shakhtar to Arsenal, 21mil        |
|3rd - Goran Pandev, from Lazio to Chelsea, 20.5mil        |

Club Overview | Facilities

Seasons Overview

|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|-------------------|
|  Season  | Division  | First Phase Pos | Promotion Phase Pos |   Achievements    |
|----------|-----------|-----------------|---------------------|-------------------|
|  [url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=3380453&postcount=4650"]2009/10[/url] |    2DC    |       [url="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp335/d-machine/JoseRRs%20Challenge/Fut%20Benfica/2009-10/fullseason/1srphase.jpg"]1st[/url]       |        [url="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp335/d-machine/JoseRRs%20Challenge/Fut%20Benfica/2009-10/fullseason/promotionpahse.jpg"]2nd[/url]          | Won 2DC           |

Clube Futebol Benfica Trophy Room

Second Divison Group C 1st Phase - 2009/10

Targets for Next Season

Most Important - Sign a younger squad as backups

Moderately Important - Get Promoted

Least Important - Lessen the decline of my finances

Archived