JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

Messina 2010/11 Season Update

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Salernitana     |       | 24    | 16    | 4     | 4     | 47    | 13    | +34   | 52    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Avellino        |       | 24    | 15    | 6     | 3     | 41    | 19    | +22   | 51    | 
| 3rd   |       | [b]Messina[/b]         |       | 24    | 15    | 4     | 5     | 42    | 27    | +15   | 49    | 
| 4th   |       | Cavese          |       | 24    | 14    | 4     | 6     | 44    | 27    | +17   | 46    | 
| 5th   |       | Virtus Lanciano |       | 24    | 9     | 9     | 6     | 31    | 27    | +4    | 36    | 
[b]| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|[/b]
| 6th   |       | Ternana         |       | 24    | 9     | 7     | 8     | 35    | 34    | +1    | 34    | 

So with 10 games to go, Messina are looking *finds nearest tree to hug* fairly safe for the playoffs this season. However, in the last 10 games I have to play all the others in the top 5, 3 of them in away from home.

That makes me think automatic promotion is out of the question and in an odd way, promotion via the playoffs might not be everything. I have made some Bosman signings for the summer and I plan to turn my team into a more youthful side and go upto Serie B with a chance of staying there. If that means I take an extra season to get there so as to give my younger players some time to gain experience then that might not be such a bad thing.

PDRH - Dalla Bona.... wow! :D

Here's hoping I can have a couple of decent youth prospects come through this summer!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lower Leagues Rule: Thats fair going I guess, I just generally like to see whats going on across the world and enjoy the top four regularly changing. What really made me think was when I saw during my holiday season that Gago and Miguel Torres had moved away from Madrid on loan and remembered how this only really happened when the spanish league isn't being played.

greenwhitearmy - He looks really good. Could be with you for you rise up the leagues. Not meaning to sound picky, but convention is to post a direct link to the image rather than the image itself in the thread. Sorry. It just means that the page doesn't get too cluttered.

Edit - thanks. I hope you're right. That would be a bonus. He and Pastore could become legends at the club.

Edit2 - In attempt to replicate LLR and his Radakovic updates - here's an update on Pastore - his astounding early season form has dropped off a bit - his record is only played 15, scored 17 now! Watch out Aleks, Diego is hot on your tail.

Lower Leagues Rule: Thats fair going I guess, I just generally like to see whats going on across the world and enjoy the top four regularly changing. What really made me think was when I saw during my holiday season that Gago and Miguel Torres had moved away from Madrid on loan and remembered how this only really happened when the spanish league isn't being played.

Don't quote me, but I believe the rule first began when dafuge initially set up the English 'small to big club' challenge 3 or 4 years ago, as due to people having different spec computers, it allowed the maximum number of people to play this format on a comparable basis, as you only need to run the minimum number of leagues.

The other main reason I believe is that when you load even just the top league from other countries, the game database automatically uploads many more players of differing abilities to clubs in that nation - hence making it slightly easier to pick up a load of good foreign players able to play in the lower leagues and help you in the first 2 or 3 seasons of the challenge.

Good luck if you start in Italy, I really enjoy playing in Italy and try to have one long save game per version of FM there - hence Messina :)

greenwhitearmy - He looks decent, should be a first choice defender for many years to come!

PRDH - Unambitious gives rise to 2 things; how keen he will be to move higher up the league hierarchy and to bigger clubs if yours doesn't, and also it does play a small part on whether players reach their max PA. However, you also need to look at factors such as determination in deciding whether he will progress rapidly & substantially or not. :thup:

Cheers Walcotts wonderkids I thought it had begun in Dafuge's challenge however thats one of the reasons I dont last long on challenges because I like to see whats happening around the world. I will be starting in Italy in the next day or so so I will be joining soon.

Real S.D. Alcalá - Spanish Second Division B1 2011/12

Transfers - Quiet season as I only brought in a couple of players.

David (GK) - Had a very good season keeping 12 clean sheets in 27 games.

Juan Antonio Marín (AMRLC,FC) - Ridiculously versatile which is why he was signed. Probably suffered because of it as I preferred to have him on the bench rather than as a starter because he can cover any of the 6 forward positions.

Spanish Second Division B1

Predicted: 12th | Final Position: WINNERS | Graph | Playoffs: 2 Chances, neither taken

The minimal changes to the team seemed to work in our favour as we started well and climbed to first after 4 games. Half way through the season we were still to taste defeat and had built up an 8 point cushion at the top of the table.

Into the second half of the season and the performances became less convincing as we ground out a lot of 1-0's, a few of them very lucky, but we continued to avoid defeat before finally succumbing against Valladolid B in the 29th league game of the season. By the 33rd game we'd secured a playoff place and one game later we were Second Division B1 Champions.

Our playoff opponents were Alicante who were strong favourites. The first leg at home was disappointing as we needed a late equalizer to salvage a 1-1 draw. We were even worse in the second leg losing 2-1 so we'd have to do it the hard way if we were to be promoted.

Our next opponents were Cultural Leonesa who in 4 previous meetings had won 2 and drawn 2 against us. The away leg didn't do anything to change the stats in our favour as we lost 2-1 but our home form returned for the second leg as we won 2-0 to progress 3-2 on aggregate.

Sevilla Atlético now stood between us and LIGA adelante. The away leg was one sided as we were hammered but the defence held firm with the game ending 0-0. The home leg was no better and we were condemned to another season in Second Division B1 by a 2-1 defeat.

Spanish Cup - 4th Round - Knocked out by Villareal although only losing 2-1 away was a good result.

Other News

Finances are very healthy as we turned a profit most months.

Club Records

Stars

Ramón (MC) - Our classiest midfielder. Only downside is he's made of wet tissue paper and misses quite a few games injured.

Juan José (MC) - Excellent season with goals and assists aplenty.

Isidre (AMR) - Good season on the wing but has stiff competition from Jacobo Patiño.

Jacobo Patiño (AMR) - Despite only playing in 15 games he managed a very impressive 10 assists and 2 goals. Will play more next season.

Ángel (ST) - Good season but had a couple of bad patches. Probably 1 more season, maybe 2 if we fail to get promoted again.

Youth Watch

Summer 2010 - Juan Antonio (ST) | Initial Profile | Current Profile - Another fantastic season as he scored 16 to be joint top scorer alongside Ángel.

Summer 2011 - No one worth bothering with.

Summer 2012 - Leandro Gutiérrez (MC) | Initial Profile - Excellent techique ad not afraid of a bit of work. Who knows.

Best Eleven: Season | Overall

Real S.D. Alcalá Trophy Room

Second Division B1 - 2011/12

Career History

Season   League              Pos.   Cup         Europe         Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2009/10  Second Division B1  7th    N/A         N/A            None
2010/11  Second Division B1  2nd    1st Rnd     N/A            None
2011/12  Second Division B1  1st    4th Rnd     N/A            Second Division B1 Champions

Next Season...

Promotion, anything less is failure.

PRDH - Unambitious gives rise to 2 things; how keen he will be to move higher up the league hierarchy and to bigger clubs if yours doesn't' date=' and also it does play a small part on whether players reach their max PA. However, you also need to look at factors such as determination in deciding whether he will progress rapidly & substantially or not. :thup:[/quote']

Thanks. He's reasonably determined, so fingers crossed.

EDIT - So I've been reading around on the forum - bored - and have seen people talking about their sons. Is this an thing that happens in game? How long does it take? Is it really unusual?

I think there is like 1:100000 odds of getting a son up your youth academy for the team that your playing with. And your manager has too be old enough do have a son ;). How awesome would it be too have a son that would play in the world cup final ? :p

PRDH - you can get the unambitious guy tutored by someone ambitious or professional to alter his hidden mental stats and ensure he hits his peak. Model Pro's are great teachers.

It's also highly unlikely to get a son but would be the coolest thing ever! magman has one nearing the end of his career if you look in NepentheZ's youth player thread :thup:

It's also highly unlikely to get a son but would be the coolest thing ever! magman has one nearing the end of his career if you look in NepentheZ's youth player thread :thup:

Doesn't rancer have a son as well?

Thanks guys. Dalla Bona is now learning from the winger Steven Willems as he is 'Professional' in his approach to the game. Dalla Bona is unsure as to the benefit, but hopefully he;ll come round to the idea.

FC Mulhouse Preseason 2016

The replacements

With the people leaving against my will and those I actively offloaded we needed some replacements in some positions. The biggest loss was Itoua (DC) and Clausen (AMR), but Fleisch (DR/L) also meant we where short on fullbacks, especially left sided.

Chris Hudson - Canadian centreback, hopefully a good replacement for Itoua.

Bas van der Werff - Dutch right-winger. He looks alot like Clausen did when he first joined us.

Georgi Marinov - The new wingback, can play both sides and use both feet.

Sjors Maas - Another dutchman. Pacey central defender. Cant hit a mountain with a pass though, but hopefully we can teach him that.

Serge Amouya - New central midfielder, the type I like. Hard working, good passer and determined.

The French boys

As mentioned earlier I want more french players in my team in the years to come. We brought 6 talented young lads in. I'm especially pleased that Camille Salles decied to join with a "hot prospect" status from no other than Lyon. Guess our reputation is growing. Here's some of the (hopefully) future stars of the french FC Mulhouse.

Gregoire Langlois (20yo, SC) - Promising striker. This guy might just get to play alot already, he looks very decent.

Brandon George (20yo, DC) - Pacey central defender.

Stephane Coste (22yo, AML) - Quick left winger. Bit worried he's already 22 and not amazing, but he's determined so hopefully he'll grow.

Joffrey Quilichini (19yo, GK) - Promising goalkeeper. Great reflexes and aerial ability.

Karim Leccia (19yo, AMRC) - Been trying to get this attacking midfielder a few times and he finally came. Very hot prospect.

Camille Salles (20yo, MRC) - The midfielder I lured away from Lyon.

We also got Guillaume Duboc (22yo, FC) still in our reserve team. He's been there 2 years now and is hammering in goals for them. I'm excited by his improvement and he should probably play some first team football. Same goes for Dujardin who really should break into the first team soon. I'm worried he might not get better though. And then there is Leboucher, in central midfield, who played 6 games from start last season and should be getting more this year.

Other notes

- We're expected by the media to finish 2nd this year. I really wanna know how those predictions are made. Our team isnt really stronger than last year. If anything it's weakened by 2 big names leaving. I guess the ones that stayed have gotten better and are more gelled, but I still think Marseille will be tough.

- That said Marseille lost two HUGE players this summer. Gabriel Rodriguez the forward went to Inter Milan on a free, and Ivan Rakitic also left on a free to join AC Milan. Those two players did 69 of Marseilles goals and assists last seasons.

- Lyon didnt get much weaker. Their amazing goalkeeper Lloris decided to sign a new contract instead of joining crappy sides like Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona and Juventus. They did however lose Sotiris Ninis to Inter Milan. He had 14 goals and 14 assists for them last season so he should be missed.

- We've sold more season tickets than last year, but that might not be a good thing. We had progress in that department last year aswell, but overall attendance went down.

- We got feeder clubs in USA and China now. Puerto Rico and Shenzhen. Hoping it will bring merchandising money in eventually. Not seeing to much of it yet.

- France popped up to 7th in European coefficients. That still is just 2ECC and 4EC though. But we're just 0.067 points behind Turkey now. Another good season and France should have 3 Champions league spots again.

- FC Mulhouse took a giant leap in the club-rankings with the win in the UEFA cup. We're now in 63rd place.

- We're also the 2nd richest club in France, worth £88m. Not sure how they get to those numbers exactly, cause we only have £18m in balance. I guess the players value is one thing with Coutinho now valued at £10m as our most valuable player. Lyon is still almost twice as rich at £156m.

Well Mulhouse is now worth 3 times what Fafe are worth, Portuguese Football sucks, even France is substantially richer than us. And as for commercial feeder clubs, my team can't find any that want to join with us. Hmmmm now I need to think of a way to try and catch the big boys, I also got another offer for Crawford of $15m + 20% Sale, these offers are getting huge, but I am still say no, it was Porto this time around.

Well Mulhouse is now worth 3 times what Fafe are worth, Portuguese Football sucks, even France is substantially richer than us. And as for commercial feeder clubs, my team can't find any that want to join with us

I'm making next to no profit despite selling players, suppose I am only in the lowest league:D. Making progress in a league with little money would be a whole lot more satisfying than in Spain with Oviedo tbh. ;)

On a side note, despite rlipscombe saying he had talked to Gundo about getting Turkey and Russia into this challenge to attract new players but Gundo decided to keep them where they were etc.. I still think that the countries plus maybe Ukraine move into here following their success in Europe recently..

LLR - To be honest I dont know why you dont just accept such crazy offers. If I get £15m for any of my players I'll accept without hesitation and buy 5 new big talents instead (juggling the wage budget with those £15m to attract the best talents). 2 years later those 5 are likely to be worth £30-40m again. The only reason I'm making money is that I'm taking chances with the wage budget and buying players. It's actually really hard to not make a profit if you buy a young player for up to £5m in this game and play him regulary. I've still to lose money on players unless their contracts ran out. Right now I have 37 players registered for first team football. Alot of them are playing reserve football yes, but that amount of talented players is the only reason we're worth what we're worth right now. Price money have been lost through wages and bonuses, and the only reason we got a positive balance is those players sales you decide not to accept. But you should play it the way you want of course, just dont knock me cause I take bigger risks than you do. The difference between France and Portugal and Mulhouse and Fafe is that we get price money for league position, that's it. We got a average attendance of less than 8k. But still we can offer £40k wages because we got a good balance from players sales. I dont offer £40k to anyone, but I could if I wanted to, because of beeing agressive in the transfer market. So much in fact that I have a '5' in Club/Player Loyalty.

Don't get me wrong, but I feel like every time I do an update all I get from you is a "Oh it's so much worse in Portugal". It feels kinda pointless doing these updates when the only parts of it beeing looked at is how we are financially. I had another update written for how the start of this season have been with Europan Super cups and ups and downs, but I think I'll just leave it and post a quick update once the season ends instead.

Cheers.

*edit*

rancer890 - Hudson was reccommended by my North America scout a couple of seasons ago, but I already had good defenders. He went from Toronto to Kansas City on a free in 2015, and I decided to buy him now that Itoua left. £1,8m well spent I hope, he looks good. Not had an amazing start, but that's to be expected since he doesnt speak french yet.

How's he going on atm? How's your season going too?

I sent him to my feeder club Numancia so he can play 1st team football. Problem was that Numancia wasn't playing him, and I had no room to play him at Real Oviedo.

I got 1 game left, and worst I can finish is 2nd. I'm 2 points behind Real for 1st. I won't win the title this year probably, but the gap is closing...

I sent him to my feeder club Numancia so he can play 1st team football. Problem was that Numancia wasn't playing him, and I had no room to play him at Real Oviedo.

I got 1 game left, and worst I can finish is 2nd. I'm 2 points behind Real for 1st. I won't win the title this year probably, but the gap is closing...

Playing your son > winning the title surely? :D

I'm in a crippling financial position, with my finances nearing -£1M and not being able to offer more than 100k for any of my players wages, I got promoted but I can't get any of my best players on contracts meaning they'll leave at the end of this season. :(

Universidad de Oviedo - Segunda Division 2B - 2012/13

Table at Christmas - a very fortunate 5th place

No players arrived in January although 2 had arrived in November that I had not mentioned; the freekick scoring Curro and ex-Chelsea Enrique De Lucas.

First match after Christmas was an unexciting defeat to Guijuelo. We followed that up with a good victory over Eibar before that run of 5 games I mentioned earlier where there was only 1 goal (against us). A defeat later and we were down to 11th and not looking good at all. A win over Burgos improved matters; a 4-0 thrashing by Sestao did not. Another 0-0 before we thrashed a horrible Lealtad side. Then we visited Castilla and were 5-0 down after 35 minutes :o. Thankfully no more goals. Things did improve as we only lost 1 of the last 7 and got a few nice results along the way but the damage was done and we did not move above the 10th place we finished in. You can see here where it all started to go a bit wrong.

Oh, and Real Oviedo beat us in the Federation Cup as well to continue their dominance over us :(.

Well, that was not what I was looking for. My optimistic view at Christmas was, well, optimistic. We played just as bad as we did before, we just did not have the luck we had; no last minute winners and undeserved victories, just lot of draws.

We got the same number of points as the season when we finished 7th but there were more bunched teams this time. We were only 11 points from the playoffs and that should have been easily obtainable; only Castilla and Vecindario are any good, the rest are all of a muchness, us included.

Our away record was pretty dire so that is somewhere that needs improving. Before Christmas we could not stop scoring and conceding, after Christmas we could do neither so we are pretty average in both in the end.

Noteworthy from the table are Burgos; going from 5th to relegation (prediction 4th) in one season is an impressive feat. Also in 2B3 Girona are the first current D2 side IRL to fall into obscurity.

Squad

Summary

Finances - shows how consistant we are in making money without really doing anything

Transfers - Zuasti was simply stunning, Muinos was great if a bit inconsitant, Llorente was first choice, Verdejo became first choice, Amengual and Rey were OK at best whilst the 2 others were brought in as back-ups and did that role very well.

The better players:

Best GK - Francisco Javier Verdejo - yes, not Chema, he took over after a couple of months and I have determined that he is better so will remain as first choice, had a couple of stunning games where he played better than Chema ever did

Best Defender - Eneko Herrera - no change here, still great albeit it slightly less so this season, loads of goals but only because he is the penalty taker and we got given a ridiculous number, would like a little better next season tbh

Most Consistent Defender - Ezequiel - thought he deserved a mention, first choice DL since the beginning, averaged between 6.84 and 6.88 each season, no superstar and tbf Federico is better (but will v rarely play there) but he is just the type of the player you like to have in defence, more of the same please

Best Midfielder - Aiert Ordoñez - been here since the start but this was his best season, started off as a back-up to a new guy but gradually won his place back and by the end was first choice, has improved his rating every year and hope it will continue

Best Winger - Iker Zuasti - wow, he started a bit slowly but then became ridiculously good, must have averaged 7.5+ since Christmas, even in the games where we were thrashed he was getting 7.2/3 ratings, Player of the Season, but he is not exactly young and improving so am not too sure how he will be next season

2nd Best Winger / Best Youth - Federico - perfectly good first pro season, started off as a backup and in the U19s but as the season went on, gradually played more and more, don't want to wear him out and Walter is a great player as well so will probably play as much next season as well

Best Striker - Javier Muiños - acceptable but no better than that, got a fair few goals but was a bit hit and miss, especially after Christmas, would like a few more goals and more consistency, he is still very young though so there is hope

Well, I would like to do better than that next season, I have to be aiming for the top 4 again. Am contemplating a tactical rethink as the defensive defencies, although more or less under control at home, are a nightmare away from home. Will probably move to an ultra-negative away tactic when against good sides.

What I was not overly amused to see was that 3 of the 4 relegated sides from D2 have ended up in my division :mad:. That could make things a bit tricky, especially as one of them is Universidad de Las Palmas who still have this guy.

On the player front I really need a new back-up DC as Morato is leaving due to me foolishing delaying offering him a new contract, whilst another striker would not go amiss. As both the midfielders I bought last summer are wanted by other clubs I am tempted to sell them for a profit so then would need new ones.

The U19s did well in their league last season and there a couple of very useful players there so that could be a route to take as well

Best 11

Overall Best 11 - Walter replaced Imaz was the only change

09/10 - Segunda Division B2 - 12th

10/11 - Segunda Division B2 - 7th

11/12 - Segunda Division B2 - 4th (lost in Second Phase Playoff First Round)

12/13 - Segunda Division B2 - 10th

Real Oviedo Watch - 10th in 2B1 (2nd season in a row)

Oviedo Derby Watch - P3 W0 D1 L2 F1 A4

Team I Would Like To Play Every Week - Lealtad - H4-0, A4-1 (they got relegated)

Team I Would Not Like To Play Every Week - Castilla - H1-2, A0-5 (they got promoted)

(thanks to PRDH for the idea)

Playing your son > winning the title surely? :D

I'm in a crippling financial position, with my finances nearing -£1M and not being able to offer more than 100k for any of my players wages, I got promoted but I can't get any of my best players on contracts meaning they'll leave at the end of this season. :(

I purchased a few more players, and couldn't give him a squad number. :(

And with YP14 and YP14A being potentially my future striker duo, my son will have a hard getting games at the club. :(

I guess you can just cut your losses and sell if you can...

ghostwriter - Hopefully you can take that nice form in the last 7 into next season. That Javier Muiños looks promising, very determined. His composure and anticipation is probably the reason he's not scoring more. Those might come with age though.

What a game!!!

That was the last match report comment after our historic first win over Olympique Lyonnais. Before the match we had a 0-2-9 record against them.

After losing 2-1 in the Euro. Super Cup to Liverpool we've been on fire winning 10 games in a row in all competitions now. Earlier years I've been playing a more defensive tactic away from home, but this season I've gone with the home formation away aswell, just turning off fullbacks forward runs and ticking counter attack. It's been working incredibly well and it's ended with this historic victory over Olympique Lyonnais.

The striker is enjoying the attacking football we're playing aswell. Rochina have scored 13 in 13 starts so far and for the first time since we got to Ligue 1 it's looking like our striker might score 20+ in a season.

I don't want to risk incurring the curse, but I am 34 games into the season with 8 games left and am 9 points clear at the top with a game in hand. So it's looking reasonably likely that I'll be bouncing back.

\o/ for you PRDH - you are quite literally mimicking Savona every step of the way! Albeit a year in advance IIRC? Good work, keep it up :thup:

How's Pastore, new Maldini and Danish striker getting on? Hansen is it?

Pastore has scored 17 league goals so far in 24 games, and 20 in total, but hasn't scored for a while.

Dalla Bona (the new Maldini) has performed fairly well in the 9 games he's played this season.

Bent Hansen is still not quite a perfect fit with the club, but has started playing more games as none of my strikers bar Pastore have really fired this season. He has only scored 3 goals so far in 17 games, but they've all been in the last 3 games. So hopefully he's on the up. He's still only 20.

Pastore's chance to become the top goalscorer in a season has gone. He is out injured for the end of the season.

EDIT - the season is finished so the update will be up sometime this evening probably.

End of Season Update - Domegliara - Serie B - 2016/17

Transfers - quick recap of the pre-season transfers, but this is the full list.

Luca Scala arrived on a bosman transfer and is brought in as a replacement for Di Mauro and as back-up for the centre of the park.

Artur Pestena brought in on my scouts advice who think he is a lot better tha my current 'keeper. He came in at £2.3M.

Marko Mitrovic probably not one for the long-term, but his contract had expired and he adds variety to the strike-force due to his left footedness.

Vlatko Cvetkovski is the replacement for Ferraro. He is a different style of player, being left footed to start with, but is more attacking, should add some more danger on the flanks. He cost £1M.

Frank Heß is a young Swiss centre-back who was bought on my scouts and iacovone's approval because of his potential, he is already reckoned to be my best defender by my Assistant Manager. He cost £5M and is the most expensive player in il Nuovi Rossoneri's history.

Niccolo Adami - a £300K buy, the 18-year old can play on either flank and has some good looking stats for his age, but in all likelihood will only become a good back-up.

League

Well the season started badly, but got more, and more successful until I won the title with a game to spare. I got back to outdoing media predictions after they predicted a third place finish. I don't really know what else to say about the actual leagues season. It was all pretty comfortable as the graph shows. In January two more players arrived to complete the season's transfer activity. Holger Wagner, a talented wide player, arrived from Sion for £3.8M and Paolo Grieco arrived on a co-ownership deal. He has decent potential, but not sure he will make it. Promotion rarely looked in doubt and it was nice to add the Serie B trophy to the cabinet by finishing 1st.

Star Players

Diego Pastore started the season in fantastic form averaging more than a goal a game for the first half of the season. His form did fall off towards the back end of the season, and missed the last two months meaning he couldn't break the record, but was still top scorer for the season, for both the team and Serie B.

Hamza Tlili had a strong consistent season proving to be adept at the back and a danger from corners, chipping in with 10 goals during the season.

Frank Heß joined at the start of the season and had a good start, with a decent average rating, he looks to have a bright future.

Giuseppe Casisa was back on form this season, he is 31 now but still captain and still first choice midfielder, I may look to replace him before next season though.

Marius Dinu partnered Casisa in the centre of the park and performed well, scoring and adding assists.

Marco Novello had another good season achieving a whopping 26 assists over the course of the season.

Steven Willems had a good season too, and was an important part of the team that gained promotion.

Bent Hansen makes it onto this list for his form towards the end of the season when Pastore dropped out of the frame due to his injury, he scored 6 goals in the final 10 games of the season.

Vlatko Cvetkovski's performances this season meant that this £1M purchase more than made up for the £25.25M total sale of Silvano Ferraro in the summer.

Artur Pestana had a solid debut season in Italy, but I'm not convinced he is good enough for Serie A.

Stefano Okaka returned to goalscoring form this season, unfortunately I feel that indicates Serie B is his level.

Cup

Better than last season, but still only got to the 4th Qualifying Round of the cup.

Awards

Top Goalscorer - Diego Pastore - 21 goals

Fans Player of the Season - Hamza Tlili

Highest Average Rating - Hamza Tlili - 7.23 (38 apps)

Can we Play you Every Week - Sassuolo take the award this season after we defeated them 4-1 away and 3-0 at home.

Other News

I won manager of the year, and have been upgraded from favoured personnel to legend status at Domegliara. A real honour as I am the first to be listed in that category for Il Nuovi Rossoneri. Also a new kit sponsorship deal has been announced. A £2.6M a season deal.

Youth Player Watch

Pier Luigi Farinelli - He's not moved clubs! Amazing. He has however played far fewer games for Vicenza this season, so maybe a move is on the cards.

Aldo Mazzini - Continuing to progress, but still not had a breakthrough moment.

Diego Pastore - Top goalscorer for the second season running, but has shown signs of being injury-prone

Fabio Calabrese - Sent on loan to Grosseto again, didn't score - again. He will no longer waste our time by appearing here!

Gianfranco Dalla Bona - Performed well in his role as back-up to Marchese (who is still first choice, despite joining in C1/B). He also benefited from his time shadowing Willems and is now no longer considered 'unambitious' - he is now considered 'professional'.

Records

New records for the season.

Most Games Without Losing - 12 - Feb 2017 to April 2017

Most Assists - 26 - Marco Novello - 2016/17

Most League Appearances - 270 - Giuseppe Casisa

Most League Goals - 67 - Diego Pastore

Youngest Player - Gianfranco Dalla Bona - 16 years 51 days - v Piacenza (Aug 2016)

Highest Fee Paid - £5M - Frank Heß (Aug 2016)

Highest Fee Received - £8M - Claudio Di Mauro (July 2016) - for some reason co-ownerships don't count.

Total Transfer Spending - £10.25M - 2016

Total Transfer Income - £32M - 2016

Best Elevens

16/17

Overall - this is still patently wrong. I don't understand why. But surely Pastore with 140 odd appearances and about 70 goals should be there rather than a guy with 7 appearances and 2 goals! Does anyone know why?

Aims for Next Season

This time round I need to survive, I will be willing to splash my cash if the right players are there.

Story So Far

Season			League			Position			Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10			Serie C2/C		1st				Champions!
2010/11			Serie C1/B		1st				Champions!
2011/12			Serie B			8th				
2012/13			Serie B			11th
2013/14			Serie B			11th
2014/15			Serie B			2nd				Promoted!
2015/16			Serie A			19th				Relegated
2016/17			Serie B			1st				Champions!

Domegliara Trophy Cabinet

Serie C2/C - 2009/10

Serie C2 Super Cup - 2010

Serie C1/B - 2010/11

Serie C1 Super Cup - 2011

Serie B - 2016/17

Just had a thought that perhaps Dalla Bona will be better suited as a winger than a full back. His marking, heading and concentration aren't the best, whereas his technique, pace, dribbling and crossing are all good. Having said all that he is just 16 so a lot could change in time.

Just had a thought that perhaps Dalla Bona will be better suited as a winger than a full back. His marking, heading and concentration aren't the best, whereas his technique, pace, dribbling and crossing are all good. Having said all that he is just 16 so a lot could change in time.

He has played about half of his games this season as a left mid. I haven't quite decided. Left wing is a particularly strong position for me at the moment. He just signed a professional contract so will see how he gets on with his proper training.

Massive gamble, or not really a gamble, but a huge amount of cash has just gone out through the door on this fellow. Igor Sviridov has just arrived at Domegliara for a massive £14.25M. He has to be a success! He looks like a cracking player, with plenty of time to improve even further!

Agre with iacovone about Dalla Bona being a left mid. The overall best eleven in the game is flawed, not that I know a reason why..

Good luck in your next season, hopefully a more succesful season in Seria A :D, Sviridov looks great, will be a massive hit. Hopefully :p

PRDH - Awsome season. Impressive scoring 2 a game in Serie B, it's a tough league. Some of your players look amazing. Especially Novello, he's looking like he could get world-class. I'm gonna be bold and predict you do much more than stay up this season and end up fighting for a European spot :)

PRDH - Awsome season. Impressive scoring 2 a game in Serie B, it's a tough league. Some of your players look amazing. Especially Novello, he's looking like he could get world-class. I'm gonna be bold and predict you do much more than stay up this season and end up fighting for a European spot :)

Novello is good. He set me back the princely sum of £3K though admitedly that was all my budget at the time!

Archived