JoseRR's FM09 Big Euro Nation Challenge!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought I'd do a mid season update :thup:

The League table currently looks like this. 8th is not too bad, but my new tactic doesn't seem to be working consistently. One day I'm drawing 2-2 away at Bayern and the next day I'm losing to Karlsruhe :thdn:

We've scored the second most number of goals in the league after Bayern but the defense is letting us down. Definitely some tweaking needed there.

Oh, and the team that finishes 6th will qualify for the Euro Cup, depending on the winner of the German Cup. 6th is my realistic target for this season tbh :thup:

My main players so far this season have been :

Marquinhos in attack, the leading scorer for the team with 10 goals so far.

Gustavo Cabral in defense, at times carrying the entire defense on his head. Surprised he hasn't been capped by Argentina yet.

Oh, and bigger teams have started sniffing around Marquinhos, Jochen Stachel, Gustavo Cabral and Silviu Lung Jr Easily the best 4 players in the squad.

I see you have Marquinhos. How much did you buy him for?

Bit less than this I hope. :D (I don't think you saw that screenshot yet..)

Yeah you showed us that one haha, but with the way Real Madrid are throwing money around now already in RL it doesn't surprise me anymore.

The hilarious part about that is the fact Marquinhos only played 4 games, and it's now late March. :D

The past season in my game, Real Madrid have spent US$290 million. :D

The players include:

• backup Croatian goalkeeper for $3.6 mil (will be transferred to Real Oviedo for US$4.2 million)
  • rotation Italian AMC/FC for $20.5 mil (will be transferred to Fiorentina for US$18.75 mil)
  • rotation Turkish MC for $24 mil
  • First team Spanish AMR for $16.5 mil
  • first team Spanish DL for $24.5 mil (one of my transfer targets, but I found someone better, who's 19 years old, for less :D)
  • Marquihos
  • first team Italian DR/DC for $11.75 mil
  • GK Josh Lambo - $1.8 mil

RL team still needs another signing to beat that. ;)

FC Mulhouse preseason 2015

Players in | Transfer History

Robin van Persie - I wanted a couple of experienced players and Persie is still a very good winger. Also the fans loved it, thinking it was a real bargain.

Javier Saviola - Finally a striker that knows where the goal stands. At least I hope he still does, he's getting old, but another one my fans loved. Started well with a goal in his debut.

Coutinho - When Roselli decided to leave for Milan I finally could grat this guy. I've been after him for a few seasons, but never felt I could afford it before now. He's a goalscoring AMC, more of a forward really. Exactly what I want. Sapara have been great in AMC, but he's more of a playmaker than a goalscorer. Now Sapara will play one of the MC roles instead.

Mohamed Kacem - The direct replacement of Roselli. Great passer, great workrate and a team player. All I want in my central midfielders.

Joris Delle - Another very decent french goalkeeper.

Pieter Winter - Promising right-back that is also very versatile and can play many positions. Not sure if him or Fleisch will be the main one, but Winter had a great debut.

Mario Fleish - Another promising wingback. He can play both sides aswell. Cost quite a bit, but my scout was telling me to get him no matter the cost and he's the one with 20 JPA, so who am I to say no.

Michael Beeftink - Promising midfielder. Will probably not play much unless we get injury crisis, but he looks very promising for the future.

José Juan Melero - And another promising midfielder who can also play other positions. I love his determination, work rate, teamwork and passing. He's versatile to, but his positioning skill probably means he's a no go in defense.

Katsuyuki Yoshimi - He reminds me of Clausen (except beeing on the others side), and if he'll do half as good as the danish lad he'll be a great addition. More of a backup for now though. And a bit of a cash-cow, hopefully he'll bring some interest in FC Mulhouse to the Asian part of the world.

Vesa Saarelma - Promising right wingback. He's a bit slow, but if he can improve that he'll be brilliant eventually.

René Levavasseur - Another AMC of the type Coutinho is, and this lad is French and very talented. I have high hopes for him in the years to come. And I love the fact that I lured him from Saint-Etienne. Shows that FC Mulhouse is growing.

Nemanja Milic - Squad player, good all round and can fill in a couple of positions. Plus his name rhymes with Nemanja Vidic.

I'm happy with the transfer window. Even if we lost a cultured defensive midfielder in Roselli, who looks like he might be Milans new Pirlo, £15m is just so much for us at this point. I'm really happy with the mix of youngsters and experienced players now. I got 2 of the 3 experienced players I wanted. The last was centreback Milito, but he went to Sampdoria instead.

Other news

I was allowed to ask for a "commercial link" when bugging my board for another feeder club. Hopefully they'll come back with some half decent side in America or Asia. We need to get a bigger fanbase and start making money on other things than player sales.

We have drawn Aris in the EURO Cup 4th Qual. Rnd. Not sure how big they are, but tehy hardly have any players in their squad and the "grey" ones dont look very good. I'm fairly confident we can overcome them. I think we got seeded pretty high in the draw.

Goals for the season is to get to the group stage of the EURO cup and compete there. And in the league just get high enough for Europe again. We're predicted 4th now so I guess that's a good goal. I will likely play all backup players in the French Cup and Coupe de la Ligue, so I dont expect much there.

Radakovic, he'll make you rich, he'll make the goalie twitch,

Radakovic, he's nobody's b***h.

It's more like a rap at the moment, as I don't have a tune for it.

EDIT - Ok, I know it's terrible. But did everyone have to leave the room. :)

A big win at home saw us through the EURO Cup qualifiers with ease.

FC Mulhouse - Aris 	4-1	Saviola, Winter, van Persie x2
Aris - FC Mulhouse	0-1	van Persie

We where seeded 4th in the draw for the group stages and got a very good group in my opinion. All 3 teams should be possible to get good results against.

6 games into the season (4 in the league) our attacking force is on fire. Saviola, van Persie, Coutinho and Clausen have 12 goals between them already. Looking good, hopefully we can keep it up and not get struck with injuries.

The January transfer window has just opened and the rest of the world seem to think all of my players are up for sale. I wish there was a leave me alone option.

I despised those days :thdn:

I found that sometimes you had to sell no matter how much you wanted those players to stay just to keep the harmony at the club - which is vital by the way (something I didn't realise til it hit rock bottom!)

I found that sometimes you had to sell no matter how much you wanted those players to stay just to keep the harmony at the club - which is vital by the way (something I didn't realise til it hit rock bottom!)

Yeah, it's getting to the stage of having to deal with 10 bids every time I continue. The most annoying ones are those that are for players I only signed at the beginning of the season. Though to be honest a few of them are really good. You'll see later. ;)

Fortunately at the moment most players are happy, and I'm managing to sell a few players to keep the bank balance healthy.

Biggest irritation at the moment though is that I've just unearthed a brilliant striker who is better than anything I've got and available cheaply, but I've already signed my one non-EU player from outside Italy for the season. Hopefully he'll still be available in the summer!

Biggest irritation at the moment though is that I've just unearthed a brilliant striker who is better than anything I've got and available cheaply, but I've already signed my one non-EU player from outside Italy for the season. Hopefully he'll still be available in the summer!

Have you tried signing him and selecting the 'end of season (Italy)' option for the transfer date? That worked for me a couple of times on FM08.

Have you tried signing him and selecting the 'end of season (Italy)' option for the transfer date? That worked for me a couple of times on FM08.

Thanks. It's definitely worth a try. I'll have a go.

Yes I agree. Team morale is very important, which is why I buy and sell more often than usual.

Or, you can try this trick:

• if a player wants to leave, listen to his demands (like transfer list him)
  • offer him to clubs
  • if he states that 'he doesn't want to leave the club', take him off the transfer list, and sign him to an extension
  • if he states that he's 'looking to leave the club', just sell him

I'm sure some will get unsettled, so try that way, or sign your players to long term extensions...

Oh no they didn't!!

Brescia just took this all too far! They made an approach for Pastore! I will never sell a player to them out of principle now. Can't believe them. The cheek of it! It was an insulting offer too - £110K + 10% of profit!

EDIT - DodgeeD - you're sir are an absolute legend. I tried it. He is joining at the end of the season.

EDIT - Pastore just got a hat trick! His first for the club. Hopefully not his last!

I see you use the graphical representation of attributes. My old flat mate suggested I try it, but could never get on with it.

I've always used graphical attributes in FM AFAIK. Makes it easier for me to do a quick scan of a player's attributes, because the good and the excellent attributes stand out really well, before I decide whether he's good enough to sign/scout.

I see you have Marquinhos. How much did you buy him for?

Bit less than this I hope. :D (I don't think you saw that screenshot yet..)

I bought him for 5.75 million pounds in the winter transfer window of last season. It was his release clauses :cool::D

Oh, and I did see that screenie before :thup: Interesting to see if I get an offer like that anytime soon.

I've been a bit slow over the past few days due to various things and I have only just finished the Summer transfer window of the my 2nd season with Messina. Full report into the comings and goings to come later.

However, for now I thought I would offer you this little snippet from my Spanish young striker Aitor:

Aitor Wonder Goal

A few more like that this season won't go amiss! :D

Walcott/s Wonderkids - That's a pretty rockin' goal. The thing I'm most jealous about though is your pitch. It's got nice stripes on it. Why doesn't mine. It's really upsetting. It looks like we're playing on the village green!

Walcott/s Wonderkids - That's a pretty rockin' goal. The thing I'm most jealous about though is your pitch. It's got nice stripes on it. Why doesn't mine. It's really upsetting. It looks like we're playing on the village green!

I guess it comes down to the quality of the stadium you're playing in - don't forget that Messina have a 40k stadium and used to play in Serie A.

I know from my away games last season that playing on bad pitches does not look good in 3D! :D;)

I guess it comes down to the quality of the stadium you're playing in - don't forget that Messina have a 40k stadium and used to play in Serie A.

I know from my away games last season that playing on bad pitches does not look good in 3D! :D;)

Maybe, but I've abandoned the shabby Montindon and have moved into the brand spanking new Domegliara Stadium, a 17886 all-seater stadium with undersoil heating and good corporate facilities! The pitch is in decent condition, it just doesn't have stripes. I want stripes, or something even fancier, like the tartan pattern someone in the premiership has.

Well, I didn’t get into my Savona save game at all after the first season and found it a chore in all honesty. Therefore, I played pre-season in Germany, France and lastly Portugal until I found a save game I thought I could stick to. I ended up in Portugal with Barreirense.

Barreirense - 2009/2010 - Second Division Group D

An English Manager At Our Club?

First impressions of the squad were a bit depressing. The whole squad needed changing just to survive, let alone achieve the board’s expectations of challenging for the title.

Intense scouting of the lower leagues and freebies were required and plenty were found, all willing to join the club with the prospect of such a eventful future at Barreirense with me at the helm. To my surprise, there were players rated as ‘good Liga Vitalis players’ available for free willing to join; whether they were this standard or it was poor judgement by my scouting team was to be found out during the season. One particular signing made the fans delighted and made me feel good about our chances in the league this season. This player was Bessa. Bessa had never really settled at a club before, Barreirense was his chance to settle and to shine.

First Phase

The squad had improved significantly according to the assistant since the start of the season as Barreirense prepared for their first league game with me in charge against Real Massama. The squad now was in much better shape than before. We went on to record a comfortable 2-1 victory and the score line was kind of them as we dominated from start to finish.

Bessa underlined his potential in the third league game of the season, a game against Lagoa where he banged in four goals in a 6-1 victory. This was a club record for goals in a game and Bessa was obviously delighted.

The season continued in this fashion as we ended the Second Division – Group D first phase in second place, a solitary one point behind Maritimo B.

League Table | League Graph (You can see how dominant Maritimo B were!)

Player Stats | Team Stats

Team Report First Game | Team Report End of First Phase | Team Report At Arrival

Squad At Arrival | Squad - End of First Phase

Second Phase

The second phase was tougher and we stuttered slightly and eventually missed out on promotion due to the home and away games against Maritimo B. A sad ending to the first season for me and the players, but next year we will hopefully come back stronger and win get promotion.

We can compete with some of the bigger teams as was shown in our cup run, reaching the sixth round before succumbing to a 4-0 loss away to Braga, a big day for fans, players and myself however.

League Table | League Graph

Squad | Finances

Team Stats | Player Stats

Team of the Year | Most Assists

League                               First Phase    Promotion Phase
Second Division Group D         [url="http://i41.tinypic.com/acyf89.jpg"]Second[/url]           [url="http://i41.tinypic.com/1zgw60l.jpg"]Second[/url]

Previous Barreirense Reports:

1-An English Manager At Our Club?

Radakovic is Serbian. :) I like my few Eastern Europeans I get in, Radakovic, Pantovic, Kiselev, the list goes on and on. They just seem to be very good at doing the job at a very cheap price.

And TaylorB welcome back, hopefully you have a bit more fun with this game and get into it, I also like the links to the old updates. But I think my list with AD Fafe might be a bit long :p

And TaylorB welcome back, hopefully you have a bit more fun with this game and get into it, I also like the links to the old updates. But I think my list with AD Fafe might be a bit long :p

Thanks, I'm loving it atm. You could do it with Fafe, it's not like your updates are long atm anyway:rolleyes::D

I'm hoping to finish my season tonight. And then the update will be up sometime tomorrow morning.

Look forward to it & hopefully Pastore will have had a great season too :D

Nice PRDH, I am going to slog into my season sometime soon, its Saturday here now :) And try and get another season in the books, on the look for a star left back, a cou0ple of solid centre back as back-up and another strong left wing for behind Tiago. Of course upfront I have - Maradona, Marcel, Radakovic & (that other guy) who are all stunning, Rocha behind them as well.

Yeah I think mine are the longest indepth Challenge updates around, of course I love writing them so its not a major thing :)

You definitely win that accolade mate :thup:

Its a good thing they're enjoyable to read too :p

We got through the group stage of the EURO Cup as winners with a 3-2-1 record, and will be facing Sampdoria in the next round. Not to happy about that draw, they have a really good squad. But we won our group and that was the goal, so anything else will just be bonus.

Saviola started great, then went 15 hours without scoring. And now he's scored 6 in the last 7 games again. In the league we're 3rd and fighting with Lyon and Marseille once again. They are still to strong though. I'll need them to slip up big time if I am to get into 2nd or 1st. We're not making it easier on ourselves by losing and drawing games we should win. Some games we just can't seem to score no matter how big our chances are. Looking good either way, only worry beeing Itoua and Clausen still not wanting new contracts.

Just read back through the thread and came across a suggestion Max made back in January (remember him :rolleyes:). I present to you:

Hall of Fame!!!

Categories:

Best Name: The Monster

Best Regen GK:

Best Regen Defender: Pantovic

Best Regen Midfielder:

Best Regen Striker: Radakovic

Best Home-Grown Academy Player: Batista?

Best Value for Money: Radakovic (400k)

Biggest Waste of Money:

Most Memorable Match:

Come on guys lets bring it back

And now a treat, the Fafe Story so far...

Useful Stuff

Kits & Logos

DDT Files

Season 2009/10

Opening Day

Season 1 Squad

Season 1 Players

Cup Update

First Phase

End of Season 2009/10

Season 2010/11

New Beginnings

End of Season 2010/11

Season 2011/12

Off Season

Pre Season

Mid Season

First Phase

Mini Update

End of Season 2011/12

Screenies

Season 2012/13

Tinys Log

Mid Season

5 to go

End of Season 2012/13

Season 2013/24

Mid Season

Star players

Screenies

Where'd you go?

Transfers

End of Season 2013/14

Competitions

Kipulo's Jersey

Season 2014/15

Pre Season

First 3rd Gone

13 to go

End of Season 2014/15

Goal of Season

Season 2015/16

Pre Season

October 1st

November 1st

December 1st

January 1st

End of Season 2015/16

Cardinelli Leaves

Season 2016/17

Pre Season

Flavour

Mid Season

2 Games Left

1 Game Left

Sporting Play Draw

End of Season 2016/17

Star Players & Hall of Fame Noms.

Season 2017/18

Euro Cup

EC Over

The Players

The New boys - Including my purchase of Radakovic.

Early games

Rlips Predicts the Future

End of Season 2017/18

Season 2018/19

September 1st

Mid Season

The Goals

9 Games to Go

Record Chase

6 to Go

2 to Go

End of Season 2018/19

Season 2019/20

New Signings

The Defense

The Midfield

The Strikers

EC 2nd Qual

EC 3rd Qual

EC 3rd Qual Leg 2

EC 4th Qual

EC 4th Qual Leg 2

November 1st

December 1st

Garcia Tribute

Season rolls On

Finances

Signings

March 1st

7 to Go

5 to Go

3 to Go

Final Day

We Drew

End of Season 2019/20

Season 2020/21

EC Qual

EC Groups

Mid Season

PC QFinals

Attendance

End of Season 2020/21

Season 2021/22

Fafeful Moments Now

Tough Times

Three Up

Easy 1

Easy 2

vs Champs

Run Goes on

Mid Season

Radakovic

Gets Tough

End of Season 2021/22

Season 2022/23

Pre Season

EC Qual

Radakovic

Euro Cup Group

EC Group Win

March 1st

May 1st

End of Season 2022/23

European Tour

Fantastic update Des! I'm surprised to see that Radakovic's attributes are basically the same from when you got him. Only physical ones have really improved.

I just can't get back into my Casale save anymore :( So i'm going to start this again. Currently deciding between Germany, France and Portugal, I want to stay away from the two big nations. Might holiday through all 3 all them and decide based on what teams come up and which ones strike my imagination.

Messina 2010 Summer Transfer Window Update

After gaining promotion from Serie C2c last year through the playoffs, after initially deciding to only pick up one or two select players, I went on a bit of a spree!

My board offered me the luxury of increasing our wage budget from £10k to £21k a week and about anoTHER £40k in transfer fees.

Transfer overview

First task of the summer was to remove the deadwood from the club. I released 7 players who were at the end of their contracts, only one of them Sapienza had featured anything more than flirtingly last season.

On the 1st July I also signed my 2 pre-arranged Bosmans,

Rolando Schiavi - an ageing centre back, not the quickest but has great defensive stats otherwise and is better than Sapienza who he replaces.

Alessandro Ibba - 19yr old AMC signed from Barletta, the team that beat me to the Serie C2c championship last season. One for the future hopefully and will have a role from the bench this season.

Next in came possibly my coup of the summer, Mirko Guadalupi, the 23yr old midfielder came from Serie A side Siena (just a reserve for them). He should have sufficient quality to dominate the middle of the park for me this summer and means Nizzetto can go and play on the right wing this season for me.

Guiseppe Di Masi came along next, who will act as my 2nd choice keeper next season, although he is of similar quality to my existing 1st choice Bartoletti.

I had signed 4 players by this point, with no fee being paid for any of them. However, next up would be my first spend of the summer, £7k on Raffaele Imparato. He is a utility player, able to play at centre back or cover at right back for my Tunisan 1st choice Ghosheh.

Up next in my acquisitive summer mood, just 2 days later was Dieter Elsneg, a young left footed winger / striker who can cover Montesin on the left wing and also do a job upfront. Signed on a free as well.

After quite a few purchases, I then decided to sell my 2nd choice keeper Moldovan. He was one for the future, but I elt he wouldn't get much game time this season, so I let him go for £28k and a 50% sell on clause. He stayed in Serie C2, at Pergocrema.

Having got a bit of money in, I then spent my highest transfer fee to date, £16k on Rodrigo Frank Pereira, a 29yr old Brazilian CB. At the peak of his ability hopefully, he should do me well at this level and is my 1st choice defender now.

So I had sorted out my defence and midfielder predominantly, so I decided to look for a striker and managed to get a youngster from Palermo on loan: Carlo Failla. Should be a good sub for me, as I plan to keep Abate and Aitor as my 1st choice strikers after performing so well last season.

So after Failla was loaned at the start of August I decided to take a rest in the transfer market and review my squad. Then towards the end of the window I decided I wanted to bolster my centre mid position, someone with sufficient quality to match Guadalupi. So I found former Italian national player Giuliano Giannichedda at Spal in Serie C1A, put in a cheeky £6k offer, accepted and bingo I had a really good quality defensive midfielder for my squad now.

So I met my shopping list items of a centre back, centre mid and cover at right back.... and then some. :D

My squad has grown compared to last season, but last season it was quite thin once I picked up a couple of knocks. Plus I'm still £4k within my wage budget, although my transfer budget is limited now.

Media predict me to finish just 14th this season, I negotiate with the board a mid-table ambition... but secretly I'm hoping for top hald / outside chance of playoffs this season.

Season got off to a bad start, losing away to Crotone 0-3 on the opening day, but after that I haven't lost and am now up to 5th in the league, including a nice 1-0 home win against fella former big time team Perugia:

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Avellino        |       | 7     | 5     | 2     | 0     | 13    | 3     | +10   | 17    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Ternana         |       | 7     | 5     | 1     | 1     | 11    | 5     | +6    | 16    | 
| 3rd   |       | Salernitana     |       | 7     | 5     | 0     | 2     | 16    | 3     | +13   | 15    | 
| 4th   |       | Cavese          |       | 7     | 5     | 0     | 2     | 11    | 8     | +3    | 15    | 
| 5th   |       | [b]Messina   [/b]      |       | 7     | 4     | 2     | 1     | 10    | 6     | +4    | 14    | 
| 6th   |       | Gallipoli       |       | 7     | 3     | 3     | 1     | 16    | 10    | +6    | 12    | 
| 7th   |       | Foggia          |       | 7     | 3     | 2     | 2     | 8     | 5     | +3    | 11    | 
| 8th   |       | Sorrento        |       | 7     | 3     | 1     | 3     | 8     | 12    | -4    | 10    | 
| 9th   |       | Perugia         |       | 7     | 3     | 0     | 4     | 12    | 8     | +4    | 9     | 
| 10th  |       | Celano          |       | 7     | 3     | 0     | 4     | 8     | 9     | -1    | 9     | 
| 11th  |       | Sangiovannese   |       | 7     | 3     | 0     | 4     | 8     | 7     | +1    | 9     | 
| 12th  |       | San Marino      |       | 7     | 2     | 3     | 2     | 8     | 9     | -1    | 9     | 
| 13th  |       | Arezzo          |       | 7     | 2     | 2     | 3     | 10    | 18    | -8    | 8     | 
| 14th  |       | Virtus Lanciano |       | 7     | 2     | 1     | 4     | 6     | 10    | -4    | 7     | 
| 15th  |       | Crotone         |       | 7     | 2     | 0     | 5     | 5     | 12    | -7    | 6     | 
| 16th  |       | Manfredonia     |       | 7     | 1     | 3     | 3     | 3     | 10    | -7    | 6     | 
| 17th  |       | Juve Stabia     |       | 7     | 0     | 2     | 5     | 4     | 12    | -8    | 2     | 
| 18th  |       | Barletta        |       | 7     | 0     | 2     | 5     | 5     | 15    | -10   | 2     | 

Thanks Guys for the support, and I was amazed to see Radakovic was pretty much the same player as before. But D you have to come to Portugal, we have had a lack of support this season. :)

Holidaying in Portugal as we speak :cool:

I've always been tempted to play as one of the non big three sides, but never got around to it. Nows the times to do it.

Holidaying in Portugal as we speak :cool:

I've always been tempted to play as one of the non big three sides, but never got around to it. Nows the times to do it.

Sweet we shall see you soon mixing it up with Porto, Sporting & Benfica. I must say mixing it up with the top three is a lot harder than it looks, overcoming the other teams in 4th-10th is the first step and continuously beating them.

Archived