Falkirk - what’s the story?

• 2 weeks later...

A short CLUB STATEMENT from Falkirk FC.

CLUB STATEMENT - 16th November 2019

falkirk_badge.thumb.png.0233e20db85a538589a74dda5e71eb7e.png

falkirk_statement_M_and_AM_sacked.thumb.png.ded9e0989598613d383af12f1ed90daf.png

"Falkirk FC can confirm that Ray McKinnon and Darren Taylor have been relieved of their duties as First Team Manager and Assistant Manager with immediate effect.

"Interim Chairman, Lex Miller and the Board of Directors wish to place on record their best wishes to Ray and Darren for the future."

16112019_LadbrokesLg1_LgTab_irl.thumb.png.0db2d615827a890a2ea0ae263f0a37e4.png

Falkirk were top recently, and are currently 4th, just three points behind leaders Airdrieonians, although that could stretch to four points if either East Fife or Raith Rovers win their game-in-hand.

Good or bad decision?

Tagged: @HarrisFFC, @metallimuse, @kopsy101

2 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

A short CLUB STATEMENT from Falkirk FC.

CLUB STATEMENT - 16th November 2019

falkirk_badge.thumb.png.0233e20db85a538589a74dda5e71eb7e.png

falkirk_statement_M_and_AM_sacked.thumb.png.ded9e0989598613d383af12f1ed90daf.png

"Falkirk FC can confirm that Ray McKinnon and Darren Taylor have been relieved of their duties as First Team Manager and Assistant Manager with immediate effect.

"Interim Chairman, Lex Miller and the Board of Directors wish to place on record their best wishes to Ray and Darren for the future."

16112019_LadbrokesLg1_LgTab_irl.thumb.png.0db2d615827a890a2ea0ae263f0a37e4.png

Falkirk were top recently, and are currently 4th, just three points behind leaders Airdrieonians, although that could stretch to four points if either East Fife or Raith Rovers win their game-in-hand.

Good or bad decision?

Tagged: @HarrisFFC, @metallimuse, @kopsy101

Absolutely the best decision, Ray is a terrible manager and can't get the players fighting. Should have been sacked 6 months ago when he got us relegated. We have the biggest budget by a mile and barely had a shot on target. Here is a video to show you how bad it is from the stands.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK6z8A7rkS0

25 minutes ago, HarrisFFC said:

Absolutely the best decision, Ray is a terrible manager and can't get the players fighting. Should have been sacked 6 months ago when he got us relegated. We have the biggest budget by a mile and barely had a shot on target. Here is a video to show you how bad it is from the stands.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK6z8A7rkS0

Thanks for sharing, @HarrisFFC. That video does make it look bad. I hope things improve for The Bairns under the new manager.

10 hours ago, kopsy101 said:

Too far out the loop but I'd trust what @HarrisFFC says. :) 

Falkirk fans on twitter seem quite pleased but a bit of concern as to who comes in now. I've seen Gary McAllister mentioned, don't know if that's unrealistic right now but it's interesting. 

No chance Gary Mc will come in. He's a Rangers fan and has a strong relationship with Stevie G. No way he is going to walk away from the club he loves when we are trying to stop that lot from getting a record breaking 10.

20 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

The other question I had was about Interim Chairman, Lex Miller, how come Falkirk have an interim chairman?

Tagged: @HarrisFFC

Hi,

This is because most of the fans wanted the MSG out, basically a group of people who own the largest percentage of the club. They are too blame for the club being run so poorly, for example when we signed Ray it was done without Morton's permission resulting in a large fine, also the closing of the academy.

So at the end of the season and still to this day falkirk fans have been trying to get the MSG out,  part of the MSG were Andy Campbell & Margaret Lang who both resigned after the protests against them and Falkirk fans still want the rest of the MSG to follow. 

The only thing is the takeover never happened (probably a good thing as Mark Campbell seems like a fraud as his Sunderland bid also looked shady), pretty much the bridges have been burned between the fans and the MSG and change is needed, all be it the right change.

13 minutes ago, HarrisFFC said:

Hi,

This is because most of the fans wanted the MSG out, basically a group of people who own the largest percentage of the club. They are too blame for the club being run so poorly, for example when we signed Ray it was done without Morton's permission resulting in a large fine, also the closing of the academy.

So at the end of the season and still to this day falkirk fans have been trying to get the MSG out,  part of the MSG were Andy Campbell & Margaret Lang who both resigned after the protests against them and Falkirk fans still want the rest of the MSG to follow. 

The only thing is the takeover never happened (probably a good thing as Mark Campbell seems like a fraud as his Sunderland bid also looked shady), pretty much the bridges have been burned between the fans and the MSG and change is needed, all be it the right change.

Thanks, @HarrisFFC. Lex Miller is part of MSG as well, yes? He’s interim because the others resigned and he’s a stop-gap?

5 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Thanks, @HarrisFFC. Lex Miller is part of MSG as well, yes? He’s interim because the others resigned and he’s a stop-gap?

Yeah he is part of the MSG, he is probably the most disliked out them currently! sorry I read the question wrong lol! 

7 minutes ago, HarrisFFC said:

Yeah he is part of the MSG, he is probably the most disliked out them currently! sorry I read the question wrong lol! 

Thanks, @HarrisFFC. That doesn’t sound very good so I’m hoping for a takeover to improve things for Falkirk FC and it’s fans.

Now the FM20 full game is out, I’m about to start my FM20 Career Update save with Falkirk. I wonder how well the MSG situation has been recreated in-game with FM20. What am I walking into becoming manager of Falkirk?

5 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Thanks, @HarrisFFC. That doesn’t sound very good so I’m hoping for a takeover to improve things for Falkirk FC and it’s fans.

Now the FM20 full game is out, I’m about to start my FM20 Career Update save with Falkirk. I wonder how well the MSG situation has been recreated in-game with FM20. What am I walking into becoming manager of Falkirk?

I literally just fired up a new Falkirk save! In previous football managers it has just been the 1 chairman and no MSG so its always been fine to work with on FM lol!

Rivalries

Would somebody be able to give me some background information on the three rivalries set in FM please?

• Dunfermline (competitive)
  • Stenhousemuir (local)
  • Hearts (historic)

18112019_TCW_SF_draw1a.thumb.png.d2e20d19b9cd2f2c0268b7c025407cc7.png

Tagged: @HarrisFFC, @kopsy101, @metallimuse

Many thanks.

Edited by Stuniverse

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2019 at 20:04, Stuniverse said:

Rivalries

Would somebody be able to give me some background information on the three rivalries set in FM please?

• Dunfermline (competitive)
  • Stenhousemuir (local)
  • Hearts (historic)

18112019_TCW_SF_draw1a.thumb.png.d2e20d19b9cd2f2c0268b7c025407cc7.png

Tagged: @HarrisFFC, @kopsy101, @metallimuse

Many thanks.

Dunfermline - Both clubs are about the same side and have been competing for the same thing most of their modern era.  The two towns are approximately 13 miles away, split up by the river Forth. 

Stenhousemuir - literally what it says, they're local from each other.  East Stirling used to be the main derby for Falkirk, but they are so insignificant now it would be a waste of detail.

Hearts - literally everyone hates Hearts, maybe even Hearts fans. 

I remember meeting a member of the Falkirk board around the time of the shutting of the academy was announced and I had a decent chat with them. The thinking behind the closing of the academy was to save money however they were going to go down what they called the "Brentford" route. This was buying young players who don't make it at larger clubs, you can sort of see this if you look at the signings they made in the 17/18 and 18/19 season. They believed they could sign these players on two or three year deals, turn them into first team players then sell them on for profit

The point I made in return was that Falkirk were already producing and selling their own young players so why go down the route of getting players from other clubs and while some players will slip through the cracks, often the reason players are released is because they are either not good enough or have some sort of problem that will stop them from becoming a top player (attitude/discipline). My other point was that for a club in the Scottish Championship offering two and three year deals to young players had the chance to go pear shaped (which it obviously has) or by the time these players had turned into established first team players it would be the last year of their deals and, unlike Brentford, Falkirk wouldn't be able to afford to offer these players the sort of money as clubs interested in them and therefore they would leave at the end of the season for nothing.

Conversation finished with the director saying they had to try something different as they had been stuck in limbo for a number of years. Suppose there was some thinking outside of the box on the part of the board but did seem strange to base it around Brentford, a club that while did have some promising spells haven't exactly been world beaters.

They aren't the first lower league team in Scotland to scrap the youth setup, couple of other clubs lower down have scrapped their youth academies too due to cost.

15 minutes ago, Bursaboys said:

When I saw Falkirk, I remember all the time ''Mark Kerr'' Such a legend.

Yeah, Mark Kerr and Jim Jeffries are the main two Falkirk favourites commenting on The Bairns performance on my save.