FM Touch 2019 Database Size

Hi

I only play FMT 2019 on a good PC by the way. I am looking to get the largest database of players I can get but do not want loads of playable leagues. In effect I only want 1 playable nation i.e. England but a large database of players from around the world available. It seems to me that the only way to get a large database is to take away nation rules tick and add loads of nations as playable but I do not want loads of playable nations all I want is there players available in the database. 

Why is there no option of small medium or large database for FMT version when it is only played on pc version? I understand issues regarding tablet play etc but what if you are happy only to be playing PC. There used to be options of leagues running in background but not playable so players were visible but leagues were not playable that would be an option but its not available it seems. 

It seems silly that I have to have loads of nations that are playable and must interfere with system speed when all you want is the availably of that nations players and have no intention of ever playing in that nations leagues.

I hope I am getting this wrong and there is a solution. I would be grateful for anyone's help as this is an issue which is spoiling the enjoyment of the game for me. I have no interest in the full version as I hate the complex training etc so I prefer this simplistic version but want a large database as building a team and searching for players is the main enjoyment I get from this type of game.

Thanks Neil

• Administrators

You can set a larger database (up to large) by going on advanced setup.

Background leagues are pretty pointless and add no value other than a league table. Even in view-only mode for FM, if you select leagues that way you can't put them on full detail later. 

When you have nation restrictions removed, other leagues effectively run in the background anyway so you can add them in later.

Hi Lucas

In The touch version of the game going to advanced setup only displays a tab as to which nation you wish to start the game in. As soon as you click start career it says loading database automatically and than takes you to the nations available screen which has advanced set up option but this gives no options of database size just nation to start in and when to start ie early pre season etc 

There are no options of small medium or large at any point. If you click on advanced set up in the full game you get this small medium or large option but not in FM touch 2019 in which the only way to increase database seems to be to add loads of playable nations.

Neil

• 4 months later...