Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Do we know if FM Touch has also been updated, or will there be the usual short delay before that update is released?

Yeah has been updated as well. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that is worrying is the number of passes into the box. There are two. Both after corners.

On top of this, the second screen shot shows passes out of play. This might not seem like much but i think its playing a huge part in why it was seemingly hard to create chances (for both teams). From when i started to see a pattern of medium length passes to wide players failing i noticed there were no successful switches of play and very often obvious switches were ignored for a short pass that leads to nothing except for another short pass. Regardless of play style, switching of play quickly is often what helps teams create chances by pulling players out of position and create holes in team shape.

The match engine is in a real poor state right now. Its really disappointing. The match engines on games 8 to 10 years ago were a hell of a lot more balanced and enjoyable. The rest of the game is better than ever. It feels like that when releases that weren't up to scratch got released, rather than scratching changes (So often over the years people have rightly asked to ME updates to be reverted), instead more problems have been created trying to fix problems that weren't there in the first place. I'd honestly love to be able to play this game on older ME builds. The ME is the one thing massively holding this game back right now.

EDIT: Removed incorrect passing stats

20181211173416_1.jpg

20181211172509_1.jpg

Edited by RobertPage

4 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

There's way too many passes happening. Man City IRL average 295.94 passes per game (premier league). The image below shows that there was 627 COMPLETED passes in this game. Whats even more worrying on top of this is the number of passes into the box. There are two. Both after corners.

On top of this, the second screen shot shows passes out of play. This might not seem like much but i think its playing a huge part in why it was seemingly hard to create chances (for both teams). From when i started to see a pattern of medium length passes to wide players failing i noticed there were no successful switches of play and very often obvious switches were ignored for a short pass that leads to nothing except for another short pass. Regardless of play style, switching of play quickly is often what helps teams create chances by pulling players out of position and create holes in team shape.

The match engine is in a real poor state right now. Its really disappointing. The match engines on games 8 to 10 years ago where a hell of a lot more balanced and enjoyable. The rest of the game is better than ever. It feels like that when releases that weren't up to scratch got released, rather than scratching changes (So often over the years people have rightly asked to ME updates to be reverted), instead more problems have been created trying to fix problems that weren't there in the first place. I'd honestly love to be able to play this game on older ME builds. The ME is the one thing massively holding this game back right now.

20181211173416_1.jpg

20181211172509_1.jpg

*Applause*

Couldn't have said it better myself. The game is awesome, except the match engine. 

Im done with fm2019. Coaching man united, after first season 2. in League, EL Winner and FA Cup winner. Scored 61 goals in League ..In the 2. season 15 goals in 6 CL games, 17 goals in 20 League games....fired on 12th place... Change the Name in nogoals FM 2019 or unrealistic manager 2019...

Edited by Carsten75

6 minutes ago, Martin# said:

I know that no one cares but I am officially done with this edition. I made the mistake of buying first and skipped the demo, should have known better. Without any exaggeration, this really is the worst ME ever. Everything has been said and analyzed already so no point for repeating the same all over again. 

I knew we were in trouble when Neil Brock said they had tried over sixty versions of this ME. It would be naive to think that 64th or 65th version would suddenly nail it. What shocks me is that according to an SI staff member, this is allegedly the best ME ever.

Now I am going to grab a beer and watch real football with real passing and hopefully some beautiful goals, bring it on Liverpool and Napoli. After playing another 5 games with this ME I really need to be reminded that football can be entertaining.

The funny this is - Everything except the ME is perfect 

חוץ

31 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

There's way too many passes happening. Man City IRL average 295.94 passes per game (premier league). 

Where's that from? They made 700 in the Man U game & 640 in the Chelsea game? Seems an awfully low average 

Edited by Johnny Ace

1 hour ago, Weller1980 said:

I can’t believe we’re still stuck with a ME that hasn’t addressed the issues with central play, through balls, amount of goals scored from corners, long range goals and striker movements. It’s a massive blow, for me the current ME is really broken and not enjoyable. I know it’s a subjective opinion but it’s how I feel. The issue with striker movement and lack of through balls must be very deep routed and difficult to fix, but this issue was obvious to see during the beta stages and it still hasn’t been fixed, not good. I’m not a very happy customer. SI are not going to please everyone and I understand that, I guess fm19 isn’t for me this year.

The worrying thing is that SI believe this to be the best ME ever released, yes in many respects the ME is amazing, but it’s completely broken in the attacking third, it’s painful to watch. Sorry SI I know you work hard etc but this current ME needs major rework in said areas. 

At least I’ve got plenty of time to play other games now.....

Great post. There's no excuses for this. They have had years to fix certain minor issues and if they're going to ignore them then it shows they couldn't care. 

I'm done uploading any broken bugs i counter in the game now. Questions need to be asked. 

Edited by StevehFC

1 minute ago, Vladimir said:

Well my inside forward who had scored once in 15 games got a hattrick of 30 yard screamers. Worried...

Yeah, instead of tweaking it, they reversed it... from never scoring from long range, you always do it now.

2 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

Well my inside forward who had scored once in 15 games got a hattrick of 30 yard screamers. Worried...

I noticed in my game that Bayern got smashed 4-0 by Hertha Berlin and someone got a hat-trick. Was also a player scoring 3 screamers. 

4 минуты назад, Gungner сказал:

I really hope Neil Brock is listening to this... It's not gonna be fixed for FM19, I know that, this ME is beyond broken and can't be fixed. But hopefully for FM'20. I'm back to FM'18 for now. 

Thats funny because I have no idea how to play in FM18, its like street football with chaos and random for me. But I played three games in 19.2 released version and I like it

Bit baffled by the closing of the public beta thread and how it's now stopped. Makes me assume this is the last update (other than hot fixes) before the March update. I thought it was going to be a bit like Battlefield 4's CTE.

I don't like being overly negative these days, but I have stopped playing, and looks like I won't be putting any real time into the game this year. Feel like this has been a bit of a s*** show all round.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, craiigman said:

Bit baffled by the closing of the public beta thread and how it's now stopped. Makes me assume this is the last update (other than hot fixes) before the March update. I thought it was going to be a bit like Battlefield 4's CTE.

I don't like being overly negative these days, but I have stopped playing, and looks like I won't be putting any real time into the game this year. Feel like this has been a bit of a s*** show all round.

The thread's only been closed until we update the public beta. We want to encourage people to post any comments or bugs in the right areas from this latest update so the relevant developers can see them. 

When we have updated code ready to test in the public beta as I said in that thread, we'll re-open the thread and let people know. 

• Administrators
Just now, Gegenklaus said:

Should the update download automatically when launching steam? Mine hasn't. it still says 19.1.0 Update for me when I start a new career. :) Any tips?

The database hasn't been updated and will still display as 19.1.0. 

10 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

I noticed in my game that Bayern got smashed 4-0 by Hertha Berlin and someone got a hat-trick. Was also a player scoring 3 screamers. 

People say the biggest issue currently is the lack of central play. Although that is a huge issue, I can still play FM and enjoy it such as I did in previous FM's. The biggest problem is the long distance goals. It's a definite show stopper and I feel there will be many angry players.

I posted this in the general section but maybe I am supposed to post it here:

(Premier Division and Championship now have Goal Line Technology in all matches)

Does anyone know if this part of the update requires a new save or not ? also how can you tell if it is in the league ?

thanks

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Lord Rowell said:

A quick and probably silly question.

I've been on Public Beta.

When that resumes, will I automatically still be on Public Beta? Or will I need to go into Steam to do that again? :)

If you don't change anything you'll remain on the 'Public Beta' dropdown and when an update is released for the public beta, you'll automatically update. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, reme said:

I posted this in the general section but maybe I am supposed to post it here:

(Premier Division and Championship now have Goal Line Technology in all matches)

Does anyone know if this part of the update requires a new save or not ? also how can you tell if it is in the league ?

thanks

Generally for updated rules you normally would require a new save, but in this instance I'm not 100% sure I'm afraid. If you check the rules page for the competition it should state whether it's active or not. 

3 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

There is definitely a lot of over exaggerating as to how many through balls are played IRL, the situation from which they are played, the quality of the player providing them etc

Any idea where you can find stats about how many through balls are attempted per match?

I see one or two over the course of three or four games, but I'm at the stage where a lot of teams are camped in against me.

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Generally for updated rules you normally would require a new save, but in this instance I'm not 100% sure I'm afraid. If you check the rules page for the competition it should state whether it's active or not. 

Thank you for the reply !

I've only played one match on the update so far, so I won't make any sweeping statements on the match engine. What I will say, though, is that the ME seems to run just a little bit smoother than before. :thup:

I've also noticed a few UI changes. The CA/PA stars look bigger and better, while some shades of red and green have changed (for better or worse). One change I'm not too impressed with, though, is this:

20181211183449_1.thumb.jpg.334c6cdc8dbe4a41d7e2d26096d5b91a.jpg

I swear that, on that empty space in the far left, you used to have a tab where you could view role descriptions and look at the applicable player's key attributes for that role. A bit like this on the main tactics screen, in fact:

20181211183941_1.thumb.jpg.003645a8cb102fc662153c757005720e.jpg

Why has that been removed, if indeed it has?

There's also one personal annoyance that doesn't seem to have been resolved. The bug which stops nationalities appearing on my player profile screens has resurfaced, after loading the game for a second time. :seagull:

I've tried almost everything imaginable to try and fix it, but I have simply have no idea why this keeps happening. Is it really just me? :(

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any idea where you can find stats about how many through balls are attempted per match?

I see one or two over the course of three or four games, but I'm at the stage where a lot of teams are camped in against me.

Here are some "real life" stats. You can see through balls per player per game in Player Statistics > Passes (not sure if that's attempts or completed through balls). So it implies that Messi and Neymar with 1.2 through balls per game are the most productive in football in the leagues they cover at the moment:

https://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

First impression. 

Good.

I played against the weaker team in League. 

Usually i had (also against top team) at least 67% poss.

In this game i had 54%. That's is great 'cause It meaning the opposite team try to played and Indeed at start they caused me problems. 

I have to re-think my tactic.

I see 3 through balls from my AM/CM. Intercepted but very good.

In bad note, same too much contrast won, at least 90% as usually.

14 minuti fa, RTHerringbone ha scritto:

Here are some "real life" stats. You can see through balls per player per game in Player Statistics > Passes (not sure if that's attempts or completed through balls). So it implies that Messi and Neymar with 1.2 through balls per game are the most productive in football in the leagues they cover at the moment:

https://www.whoscored.com/Statistics

But i think It is through ball completed. No?

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

On Steam it still shows 'public beta' next to the name of the game. Is this correct now the public beta has finished? 

You have to deselect public beta in properties .  Won't change or download anything tho . It's the exact Patch that has been tested on public beta. I will keep it on Public beta and hope there will be a miracle sooner or later . I kind of doubt that a better ME will be out soon . Why else would SI release the 19.2 patch this early . 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, jeff.fit82 said:

my game was running well and showing 5 Stars video quality, after the update it shows only 1 star!

Please, help!

Make sure you're plugged in (assuming you're using a laptop), power settings are set to high/maximum etc, then before you launch delete your cache and preferences as shown here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2019/180_how-to/181_pc/how-to-delete-my-preferences-andor-caches-folder-r615/

That'll reset your star rating back to what it should be.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Trevomac said:

Downloaded the patch and now my U-20 players who I didn't need to register for the Europa League are all unavailable for Europa League :seagull:

Would be helpful if you could raise the issue here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448263-europe-official-league-specific-issues/

Also upload your save game to our Cloud and let us know the file name. Details on how to do this here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/453524-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Would be helpful if you could raise the issue here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/448263-europe-official-league-specific-issues/

Also upload your save game to our Cloud and let us know the file name. Details on how to do this here - https://community.sigames.com/topic/453524-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

Thanks. 

I raised it here if you want to move it.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/461836-europa-league-u-20-players-unregistered/

Uploaded file TrevomacEuropaLeagueBug

Edited by Trevomac

1 hora atrás, FlorianAlbert9 disse:

But i think It is through ball completed. No?

I think Key passes stat ir more important. For a AMC its usualy an assist to a goal. And there are situations in FM that we could do that are instead goes for the wing..