Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

Just me or does this player's value seem way off?

271916198_2018-11-28(3).thumb.png.894a98e039e5ddc56bac16dabc618022.png

It's been gradually declining for most of the season for seemingly no apparent reason. 24, three years left on his contract, decent stats, I don't get it.

Edit: Previously happy player now throwing his toys out of the pram because I rejected a £1.2m bid :rolleyes:

Edited by RemiHarlequin

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, RemiHarlequin said:

Just me or does this player's value seem way off?

271916198_2018-11-28(3).thumb.png.894a98e039e5ddc56bac16dabc618022.png

It's been gradually declining for most of the season for seemingly no apparent reason. 24, three years left on his contract, decent stats, I don't get it.

Edit: Previously happy player now throwing his toys out of the pram because I rejected a £1.2m bid :rolleyes:

He's only on 475 quid a week :D

No he's not sorry!!! :D Strange one that, maybe it's his rep?

Edited by Johnny Ace

10 hours ago, bar333 said:

I don't get them myself either so I don't think something is hard coded into the game that makes them too common, but I see tons of red cards against me and in matches between the AI. Not at all uncommon to see 2+ red cards a game. I play with max pressing intensity and sometimes Get Stuck In as well and don't get them, so I'm not sure what the AI is doing but it's doing something weird that leads to this, the only thing I can see it being is they use Tackle Harder OI's whereas I rarely use OI's at all. 

17 hours ago, warlock said:

No. Never have, not this year and not in previous years. The combination of closing down and tighter marking will always lead to cards; using 'get stuck in' or 'tackle harder' PIs just amplifies that.

I'm not talking about just me. The AI teams get them a crazy amount. I get one maybe once every fifth or six game with stay on feet and no pressing. The AI gets one like every other game.

26 minutes ago, oulzac said:

The AI teams get them a crazy amount

Sorry, but I'm not seeing it. I'm only a couple of months into my latest save, but in 14 competitive games played I've had no red cards and my opponents only one. In all English leagues currently, the teams with the worst discipline have three, and in every English league around half of the teams have no red cards at all.

In the Championship (my current division) there have been a total of 13 red cards in 288 games, so rather than 'one every other game' it's actually one in 22 games.

7 hours ago, Svenc said:

Re: bookings/red Cards. Not sure to which extent this was corrected, but less than a release and a half ago, the referee's traits had a far bigger bearing on bookings than anything.

Thanks for pointing this out. I just checked the refs and there are some insane numbers on a bunch of these guys. I didn't edit the refs, but I did make some pre-game edits to add a team and a lower league. I wonder if this caused the game to add extra refs or load extra refs or something. Mine currently looks like the second image you posted 20 games into a season. So I assume this is the real issue.

Has anyone mentioned the frequency of long balls over the top of the defence leading to goals?  Every lower league team seems to have a Xabi Alonso type quarter back midfielder who can ping a perfect pass over the top off the defence (no matter how deep they are) which will lead to a clear cut chance.  I understand this happens in football but it happends far too often in FM19 for me

I've been testing the last few days playing the first 3 games of the Conference North season with different defensive lines / mentalities and the ball over the top happens far too much in my opinion

2 hours ago, Nozzer said:

Has anyone mentioned the frequency of long balls over the top of the defence leading to goals?  Every lower league team seems to have a Xabi Alonso type quarter back midfielder who can ping a perfect pass over the top off the defence (no matter how deep they are) which will lead to a clear cut chance.  I understand this happens in football but it happends far too often in FM19 for me

I've been testing the last few days playing the first 3 games of the Conference North season with different defensive lines / mentalities and the ball over the top happens far too much in my opinion

It's a known issue. The guys from SI are working on a new match engine for the 19.2.0 version. If you would like to help by testing it, you can join the public beta and provide feedback.

I've not played this game in a while (the level of micro-management available has put me off in recent years), so am taking it easy to start with and delegating stuff.

I've got about 1.8M in my transfer kitty but my DOF is responsible for transfer dealings. I see a player I like the look of and put a cheeky 1M bid in for him. A few days later, I get a message saying the club have accepted an offer of 30M made by my DOF. Up come the terms and obviously we can't afford the upfront fee or any of the wages and add-ons.

Why would the DOF gazump my offer and then offer something we clearly can't afford?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piLGfPX1T4Q

this is my hope for next fm - fm2020

:hammer:

so, when this get possible i am buying more for fm by myself...

because then, fm is amazing, and i forget to go for working, because i play 30 games in 3d match Engine,

because i feels so amazing real...

:brock:

VAR is so poorly implemented. It has no effect on a game and we have no way to disable, skip or hurry those "VAR scenes" along. Every time a decision goes to VAR you know exactly what it will be, I have never seen it do absolutely anything other than confirm the obvious decision - yes, it was a penalty, yes it was offside, yes it was outside the box. 

I particularly hate that watching on extended highlights the game gives you what I call "VAR highlights". These are highlights where nothing of interest happens whatsoever and their only purpose is to remind you that "hey, we have VAR in FM now, how cool is that?". At least provide an option to not see this. Failing that, at least hurry up the scene of the referee crawling to the VAR stand, standing there for 10 seconds, then crawling back to the pitch and doing the VAR animation thingy.

14 minutes ago, bar333 said:

VAR is so poorly implemented. It has no effect on a game and we have no way to disable, skip or hurry those "VAR scenes" along. Every time a decision goes to VAR you know exactly what

I'm not sure how you predict the result of VAR, I've had VAR result confirm or deny a goal or pen or whatever, there is no logic that a VAR call always result in a confirmed or denied goal.

What I mean is you can always easily tell from the ME itself, so there's no sense of "suspense" being created if that was the intention. And if that isn't the intention then why is it there? Merely to annoy people and stop play? I mean it's realistic, but it's the ugly side of VAR without any of the benefits as refereeing mistakes and close calls were never a part of FM as far as I remember.

6 minutes ago, bar333 said:

What I mean is you can always easily tell from the ME itself, so there's no sense of "suspense" being created if that was the intention. And if that isn't the intention then why is it there? Merely to annoy people and stop play? I mean it's realistic, but it's the ugly side of VAR without any of the benefits as refereeing mistakes and close calls were never a part of FM as far as I remember.

I think FM19 implemented good tackles that uses the direct red card animation and while I've not done hours of analysis, I think you can't tell from the FM19 ME alone what the result will be for most calls, because the animation is used for both fouls and legal moves.

I had my key defender sent off with a direct red card and I couldn't even tell that the situation was a foul in the 3D ME.

Fair enough for tackles but I don't think I ever saw that come down to VAR. Maybe once or twice and I forgot, but the vast majority of times VAR is employed it's for offsides\penalties etc. The most common use that I see almost every game is someone getting fouled on the edge of the box.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Yes, that would be the exact reason why a game developer who wants their audience to buy their product would implement such a thing.  Just to annoy you. 

SI does make rather bad calls, like goal line technology replays that show that the ball wasn't over the line. wth do they waste my time telling me that it wasn't a goal? The fact the game continued told me that already.

1 minute ago, Miravlix said:

SI does make rather bad calls, like goal line technology replays that show that the ball wasn't over the line. wth do they waste my time telling me that it wasn't a goal? 

That's also what happens when you watch a game on the TV though. 

After 4-5 seasons, biggest problem for me is that AI dont buy enough players during transfer period. Every season we, players buy 10-15 players to improve our squad ( if we can) , but AI even they have tons of money, they buy maybe 1 player, couple of them on free and thats it. We need agresive AI, where they buy more great players, to stay competitive with human players. 

1 hour ago, Matej said:

After 4-5 seasons, biggest problem for me is that AI dont buy enough players during transfer period. Every season we, players buy 10-15 players to improve our squad ( if we can) , but AI even they have tons of money, they buy maybe 1 player, couple of them on free and thats it. We need agresive AI, where they buy more great players, to stay competitive with human players. 

10-15 players? Every season?

Never been able to do that, I would end up with a squad that's got 75 players in it!

Think my busiest window, over the last few years of FM  has been 5 in and 6 out.

Just reposting this here as advised.

Perhaps this is my fault. Normally I wait until about Easter to buy FM, it's not to do with money, it's to do with the inevitable torrent of patches. By Easter, generally, you have the finished product and don't have to go through the enormous rigmarole of getting a decent tactic only to have it wrecked by the new patch - and then have people on here trying to tell you that FM is so realistic that developing a good tactic is just like it is in real life and not about "exploiting" the match engine. However, FM18 was so easy it was ridiculous. There was literally(!) a billion diablo tactics. Didn't really matter the calibre of player, as long as they could shuffle about, you'd win. I resorted to having to massively handicap myself by only using regens or only Welsh players, free transfers etc. It became so boring winning everything that I gave up much earlier than usual and bought FM19. Now, I just read another thread on here in which the poster was complaining about there being nothing new and an issue with PA, which I think distracted from the real issue. The PA complaint was a non-starter, but I think she/he had a point regarding the process of starting a new FM incarnation: Open it up; let ass man handle training and all interviews because they are by now far too complex and are just traps to fall into; play around till you find tactic you can trust and you're away (at least until next patch, when you have to look for new tactic). The joy for me has always been finding new players and gradually building up. As I said previously, despite people on here declaring very sincerely that this game is not about exploiting the ME, it's about building solid tactics - that is very obviously not the case - as evidenced by different elements (e.g. narrow front three, gegenpress, long range shooting, two F9s, three at the back) working much better some years than others (and even varying from patch to patch). So, FM is (and has always been) about finding a tactic that works decently. Personally, I just want a tactic I can trust and that makes the sum of my players a little better than they are individually. That way, I can slowly improve and really enjoy my success when it comes. Kinda perfect for me is getting promoted and then it takes say three seasons to win promotion again (a consolidation season, a mid table/push for play-offs, and then promotion). You might do it in two, you might do it in four, but you can see that young player develop, or you might take a punt on an old fella for a season. However, a few years (and FM18 was the worst) have been guilty of getting the balance all wrong; get the right tactic and nothing stands in your way - successive promotions all the way to the Prem from non-league and then two seasons to win Prem. When it's like that, it renders the whole player side of it redundant. Why should I care about who I have up front, when I know he'll get 30+ goals?

Anyway, what's that got to do with the title of this post? Not much, just background really. My point is that at the moment (19.1.5), the ME is poor. It may be more complex, but what I'm seeing in terms of animation and variety is very limited. There will be just endless strikers latching onto long balls (for both teams) and then clean through and 9 times out of 10 missing. Or blasting straight at the keeper who just stands there and the ball bounces off him like he's a bollard. And then there'll be three goals from corners. It's poor. I'll shelve this for now and come back after a few more patches. And before anyone says it's cos I'm not doing well, I'm first season with Cardiff, middle of December, I'm 8th. 

Okay, one more point. The guy/girl complaining about no new features and PA got stick for not suggesting anything her/himself. So, I'll offer a thought.

I'm 43, and have been playing this in its various forms for 25+ years, often with over 1,000 hours per year. The game has improved massively in many ways (apart from when it gets the balance wrong), but one thing always stuck with me, and it was sparked by the complaint about PA. In ye olden days, before scouting, there was no way to tell the current ability or potential ability of a player; all you had was their individual stats (far fewer back then) and their team stats. That being the case, you often scrolled through the lower divisions (there were no foreign leagues) looking at who had the highest ratings and then taking a punt. I used to look for players who had high average ratings but were in teams not at the top of their respective league. And then, you never really knew what sort of player you had until you gave them a run of ten or so games and saw how their average rating was working out. That side has gone. With the star rating, you just play the guy with the most stars. It's like FIFA in that respect. Now, I realise that you can't do away with scouting, so my suggestion is this:

The scouts will watch a player and report back to you not a star rating, but make comments about their stats, such as, 'He's not quick but has great ball control'. You need to keep scouting a player to reveal the stats - similar to now - but that's all that scouting does, and of course, how good your scout is affects the accuracy of his assessment. BUT, you can never know the CA or PA, you have to judge it for yourself. YES, stats can help you determine this - but there will always be those few players who have all the stats you're looking for but are terrible. And then they'll be those who have not great stats but turn out to be diamonds. Why? Because that's how it is with footy sometimes. So, perhaps the scouts could also make comments such as, 'He has the third highest average rating for a rightback in League 2.' And you think, hmmm, he has pretty good stats, would seemingly fit my system, but why only third best? You go look at where Newport County are - ah, they're 16th - third highest rated playing for the team in 16th...this kid might be worth a punt!

There you are, just an idea. Personally, I think that would be a much better system, and really give you a sense of satisfaction when you unearth a gem. Much better than just the scout giving him 5* and the label 'wonderkid' being attached. I realise this would involve a major overhaul of scouting, but for me, a nicely balanced tactic and that way of assessing players would really boost my passion for this game that I (still) love.  

4 hours ago, Miravlix said:

I'm not sure how you predict the result of VAR, I've had VAR result confirm or deny a goal or pen or whatever, there is no logic that a VAR call always result in a confirmed or denied goal.

There's VAR? Not had one incident so far in half a season. Or is that cos I unticked replays?

16 hours ago, bar333 said:

VAR is so poorly implemented. It has no effect on a game and we have no way to disable, skip or hurry those "VAR scenes" along. Every time a decision goes to VAR you know exactly what it will be, I have never seen it do absolutely anything other than confirm the obvious decision - yes, it was a penalty, yes it was offside, yes it was outside the box. 

I particularly hate that watching on extended highlights the game gives you what I call "VAR highlights". These are highlights where nothing of interest happens whatsoever and their only purpose is to remind you that "hey, we have VAR in FM now, how cool is that?". At least provide an option to not see this. Failing that, at least hurry up the scene of the referee crawling to the VAR stand, standing there for 10 seconds, then crawling back to the pitch and doing the VAR animation thingy.

Gonna disagree with you on this pal, just this morning I had a goal go to VAR and it was ruled out. Yesterday I had a game where a foul was made in the box but given as a free kick as it was proved to be outside the box. Not every VAR decision given is positive.

12 hours ago, Snorks said:

10-15 players? Every season?

Never been able to do that, I would end up with a squad that's got 75 players in it!

Think my busiest window, over the last few years of FM  has been 5 in and 6 out.

Well, you also sell 10 players who are worse then these 10 you bought. I thought i dont have to write that. 

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

Gonna disagree with you on this pal, just this morning I had a goal go to VAR and it was ruled out. Yesterday I had a game where a foul was made in the box but given as a free kick as it was proved to be outside the box. Not every VAR decision given is positive.

I also got my goal disallowed yesterday after VAR so it can definitely happen and it have affect on game.

41 minutes ago, KingCanary said:

A turnover of 10-15 players a season is highly unusual, not sure why you'd expect the AI to be doing that.

I dont play with big clubs, so usually i like just few players in my team. After first season i buy a lot of new players, 10-15. Then less, 7-10. 4-5 of them are on free transfer and i buy 5 more. Its not so much. My friend after 2-3 seasons have almost 50 -60 players, i never do that. Then half of them he send on loan to other clubs. Later he usually sell them.  I really dont like when he do that, he gets rich really fast when we play online with  Southampton and Fulham. But its his style, what can I do. 

I wish there is option at the start of the game, that limits you to buy just 5 players per season, because AI clubs in 95% dont buy more then that anyway. 

Edited by Matej

16 minutes ago, Matej said:

I dont play with big clubs, so usually i like just few players in my team. After first season i buy a lot of new players, 10-15. Then less, 7-10. 4-5 of them are on free transfer and i buy 5 more. Its not so much. My friend after 2-3 seasons have almost 50 -60 players, i never do that. Then half of them he send on loan to other clubs. Later he usually sell them.  I really dont like when he do that, he gets rich really fast when we play online with  Southampton and Fulham. But its his style, what can I do. 

I wish there is option at the start of the game, that limits you to buy just 5 players per season, because AI clubs in 95% dont buy more then that anyway. 

That is fine for you but just because you do it doesn't mean the AI should- most clubs don't turn over that number IRL.

4 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

He didn't say every decision is positive. He said they're all obvious just from watching the match.

It seems like they're just getting obvious calls wrong on purpose just so they can go back and fix it and say oooohh look, VAR!

17 hours ago, timcliffsmith said:

Kinda perfect for me is getting promoted and then it takes say three seasons to win promotion again (a consolidation season, a mid table/push for play-offs, and then promotion). You might do it in two, you might do it in four, but you can see that young player develop, or you might take a punt on an old fella for a season. However, a few years (and FM18 was the worst) have been guilty of getting the balance all wrong; get the right tactic and nothing stands in your way - successive promotions all the way to the Prem from non-league and then two seasons to win Prem. When it's like that, it renders the whole player side of it redundant. Why should I care about who I have up front, when I know he'll get 30+ goals?

:D so glad someone gets it. I agree... Did a qpr save at the end of fm18s life... I just wanted a few seasons milling about middle/bottom of the table. The Matt Smith years...I just wanted to get the ball forward quickly to TM. Poor team, no money, no depth, lots of injuries.... Came third and won playoff so I quit, didn't want to play EPL. 

It feels really hard to progress or even stagnate at a slow rate. 

3 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

Came third and won playoff so I quit, didn't want to play EPL. 

This just made me smile,  an A+ For having principles. I wish I could have seen your face full of disgust and throw away moves at your pc screen after winning the playoff.

It could have made one legendary farewell press conference :D 

8 minutes ago, Mensell76 said:

This just made me smile,  an A+ For having principles. I wish I could have seen your face full of disgust and throw away moves at your pc screen after winning the playoff.

It could have made one legendary farewell press conference :D 

If only the press conferences could handle individualistic human actions and thoughts 

Tbf I'm the same IRL... Southampton ticket holder quite happy to be relegated... I love championship football 

6 hours ago, KingCanary said:

That is fine for you but just because you do it doesn't mean the AI should- most clubs don't turn over that number IRL.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700

This year 137 players bought in Premier League this summer.  Thats 7 players per club.  In my game premier league bought 117 players. Ill check the number after 3-4 seasons for bigger sample. Like i said, AI dont buy enough. They should buy even more then in real life, because AI is not so good.

Edited by Matej

12 hours ago, Matej said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/667700

This year 137 players bought in Premier League this summer.  Thats 7 players per club.  In my game premier league bought 117 players. Ill check the number after 3-4 seasons for bigger sample. Like i said, AI dont buy enough. They should buy even more then in real life, because AI is not so good.

That's a ridiculous argument. Do you expect teams in FM to exactly mimic their real-life counterparts? There's only a difference of a player less bought per team, which is not unrealistic and, besides, it's entirely without context. How ambitious are the promoted teams? What is the financial state of the mid-table teams? Did City/United/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal have a lot of players out on loan the season before which they decided to integrate into the first team, thus avoiding the need to buy players? etc. etc.

AI team building needs to be looked at, but using this kind of example to make the point is frankly bewildering.

One positive and One negative little feedback about transfer in little club.

POSITIVE: i'm playing in Hungary, third year, i have a good 18 yo regen (not a superstars player neither in Hungary, but a good one i think - i don't know his CA) His value is 350m€. He is followed by Arsenal, Napoli and Milan. 

Milan arrived to offer 6,5M (only cash - thats more than 15x his value).

NEGATIVE: that's anche old problem in all past FM, so i don't know if It is or no a bug. 

Same player above, before the 6,5M offer. 

Milan came with 1,5 offer, i refused.

Then they raised up to 3,7M cash and my board accept it. Ok, it's realistic ('cause it's more than my total balance)

But then Arsenal came with 1,9M and board accept it. 

That's ridicolous, cause we can make double!

Seems that board set a minimum value, without be aware of all offers.

(Lucky i contest all, and board stop the sale, so then i refused also the 6,5M. That's will be a wrong decision i think...)

On 27/11/2018 at 15:54, Rashidi said:

I don't understand the point of posting these kind of comments here, this is the feedback thread in general. If there is an issue that you feel strongly about, don't get frustrated by posting it here. I mean, ok, so if you need an Aunty Agony corner to vent your frustrations fine. However in the long run, if you see any players who have PPMs that seem contradictory or perhaps even unrealistic, post it in the DB thread with more information. That way they can be addressed. Doing it here, isn't going to magically make PPMs better.

This is totally legitimate feedback. He's absolutely right. Seconded. 

On 30/11/2018 at 00:37, timcliffsmith said:

Just reposting this here as advised.

Perhaps this is my fault. Normally I wait until about Easter to buy FM, it's not to do with money, it's to do with the inevitable torrent of patches. By Easter, generally, you have the finished product and don't have to go through the enormous rigmarole of getting a decent tactic only to have it wrecked by the new patch - and then have people on here trying to tell you that FM is so realistic that developing a good tactic is just like it is in real life and not about "exploiting" the match engine. However, FM18 was so easy it was ridiculous. There was literally(!) a billion diablo tactics. Didn't really matter the calibre of player, as long as they could shuffle about, you'd win. I resorted to having to massively handicap myself by only using regens or only Welsh players, free transfers etc. It became so boring winning everything that I gave up much earlier than usual and bought FM19. Now, I just read another thread on here in which the poster was complaining about there being nothing new and an issue with PA, which I think distracted from the real issue. The PA complaint was a non-starter, but I think she/he had a point regarding the process of starting a new FM incarnation: Open it up; let ass man handle training and all interviews because they are by now far too complex and are just traps to fall into; play around till you find tactic you can trust and you're away (at least until next patch, when you have to look for new tactic). The joy for me has always been finding new players and gradually building up. As I said previously, despite people on here declaring very sincerely that this game is not about exploiting the ME, it's about building solid tactics - that is very obviously not the case - as evidenced by different elements (e.g. narrow front three, gegenpress, long range shooting, two F9s, three at the back) working much better some years than others (and even varying from patch to patch). So, FM is (and has always been) about finding a tactic that works decently. Personally, I just want a tactic I can trust and that makes the sum of my players a little better than they are individually. That way, I can slowly improve and really enjoy my success when it comes. Kinda perfect for me is getting promoted and then it takes say three seasons to win promotion again (a consolidation season, a mid table/push for play-offs, and then promotion). You might do it in two, you might do it in four, but you can see that young player develop, or you might take a punt on an old fella for a season. However, a few years (and FM18 was the worst) have been guilty of getting the balance all wrong; get the right tactic and nothing stands in your way - successive promotions all the way to the Prem from non-league and then two seasons to win Prem. When it's like that, it renders the whole player side of it redundant. Why should I care about who I have up front, when I know he'll get 30+ goals?

Anyway, what's that got to do with the title of this post? Not much, just background really. My point is that at the moment (19.1.5), the ME is poor. It may be more complex, but what I'm seeing in terms of animation and variety is very limited. There will be just endless strikers latching onto long balls (for both teams) and then clean through and 9 times out of 10 missing. Or blasting straight at the keeper who just stands there and the ball bounces off him like he's a bollard. And then there'll be three goals from corners. It's poor. I'll shelve this for now and come back after a few more patches. And before anyone says it's cos I'm not doing well, I'm first season with Cardiff, middle of December, I'm 8th. 

Okay, one more point. The guy/girl complaining about no new features and PA got stick for not suggesting anything her/himself. So, I'll offer a thought.

I'm 43, and have been playing this in its various forms for 25+ years, often with over 1,000 hours per year. The game has improved massively in many ways (apart from when it gets the balance wrong), but one thing always stuck with me, and it was sparked by the complaint about PA. In ye olden days, before scouting, there was no way to tell the current ability or potential ability of a player; all you had was their individual stats (far fewer back then) and their team stats. That being the case, you often scrolled through the lower divisions (there were no foreign leagues) looking at who had the highest ratings and then taking a punt. I used to look for players who had high average ratings but were in teams not at the top of their respective league. And then, you never really knew what sort of player you had until you gave them a run of ten or so games and saw how their average rating was working out. That side has gone. With the star rating, you just play the guy with the most stars. It's like FIFA in that respect. Now, I realise that you can't do away with scouting, so my suggestion is this:

The scouts will watch a player and report back to you not a star rating, but make comments about their stats, such as, 'He's not quick but has great ball control'. You need to keep scouting a player to reveal the stats - similar to now - but that's all that scouting does, and of course, how good your scout is affects the accuracy of his assessment. BUT, you can never know the CA or PA, you have to judge it for yourself. YES, stats can help you determine this - but there will always be those few players who have all the stats you're looking for but are terrible. And then they'll be those who have not great stats but turn out to be diamonds. Why? Because that's how it is with footy sometimes. So, perhaps the scouts could also make comments such as, 'He has the third highest average rating for a rightback in League 2.' And you think, hmmm, he has pretty good stats, would seemingly fit my system, but why only third best? You go look at where Newport County are - ah, they're 16th - third highest rated playing for the team in 16th...this kid might be worth a punt!

There you are, just an idea. Personally, I think that would be a much better system, and really give you a sense of satisfaction when you unearth a gem. Much better than just the scout giving him 5* and the label 'wonderkid' being attached. I realise this would involve a major overhaul of scouting, but for me, a nicely balanced tactic and that way of assessing players would really boost my passion for this game that I (still) love.  

So I shouldn’t fork out for the game and a new 1300 quid laptop then mate?

2 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

What does the "Highlight important panels on overview" option on the dropdown menus do? i cant see any effect.

It's the difference between it keeping your choice of panels and the game dynamically changing them in a 'context sensitive' way.  

I'm doing a game in Spain, and my biggest annoyance:

There are four games on a Sunday:

I don't play in any of them, and yet the game requires me to continue four times. Why just not once and show me the results at the end?

I played several saisons now, actually in in the year 2035. At the moment i am coach of Ajax and was League Champion 5 times in row. So it is not the point that i have no success...

The balance is one of the worst in the last years. For me it s totally unrealistic, that such a strong team only scores 50-62 goals per season. I have 25-35 shots per match, several clear cut chances and still weak teams get a 0:0 in my stadium or win the game with a counter in the last minutes...

I watched the league tables in Spain and England... top Teams also score only 60-70 goals, thats too less in my opinion. Hope the balance will be fixed soon.

Edited by Carsten75

On 01/12/2018 at 02:06, Matej said:

Well, you also sell 10 players who are worse then these 10 you bought. I thought i dont have to write that. 

Well, no of course not, but what do you do with the ones you don;t/can't sell. The current transfer market is easier to buy than sell.

Besides 10-15 players a season coming in to a squad of 25 - half the squad changing every season?

I now have 500 hours playtime according to Steam and the game gets better and better each year.  So my gripe in this post is minor and not game breaking, just very very annoying, especially as it has been in the game for a few years now and still hasn't been addressed.

Despite being VERY annoying, I like the feature of when the chairman accepts a bid for one of your players over your head.  It is realistic and happens in real life, so I absolutely do not want this removed.  But adjusted would be good.

For example.  This just happened in my game.  I am managing Kingstonian in League Two.  Wigan made a bid for my best player, a teenage striker and I talked them up to £1.3m cash (no add ons) plus a 50% sell on clause.  I decline as I want £1.5m+ (he has over 20 goals this season in 25 games and is rated as a Premier League player of the future).  Wigan come back with a £1.4m total package (£975,000 up front, plus various add ons, plus only a 20% add on).  The chairman accepts.

If that is such a good offer, why not accept the £1.3m plus 50% over my head?  He accepted a far inferior bid.

Like I said, no issues with the feature.  But the implementation does my head in sometimes.

6 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

So the corner routine me and Guido worked on has broken the game currently. Chuck in the throw in exploit and its ridiculous. Its a bit of a shambles of an ME currently tbf.

Upload your game save and some match pkms to the ME Bugs forum and let SI know what you've found with those examples :thup:.