Football Manager 2019 Official Feedback Thread

Biggest downside for this year's FM from your pov ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What really annoy you this year while playing FM19 ?

• Players moaning for new contracts too often
    • Gegenpressing tactic too powerful
    • Youngsters determination decreasing despite tutoring
    • IA still stockpiling players at a specific position/low teambuilding
    • Calendar bug ,only 1 day to recover between 2 officials games, especially a the end of the season (Obviously, i'm not talking about the Boxing day)
    • International call-ups issues (players unavailable for Champions League final etc...)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's not an obvious bug, though, and just a quirk with the match engine?

And anyway, if you've read this post from @Neil Brock, you'll know exactly why the ME bugs forum has been closed:

Due to the stage of development we're in now for future versions of Football Manager, we're taking the decision to now close these forums. Due to already ongoing work on the match engine for future versions, PKM files and examples from FM19 are no longer viable for tracking down and fixing issues. Anything already raised has been reviewed and where possible we'll use as guidance as we move forward. 

Yeah, meaning they won't bother to fix anything else in the ME and we'll likely, again, see the same bugs in the next ME.

Just frustrating seeing the same pattern every year, for a long time now.

18 minutes ago, aiston said:

Yeah, meaning they won't bother to fix anything else in the ME and we'll likely, again, see the same bugs in the next ME.

This has already been discussed countless times especially in this thread, seems you're reporting this late (not sure if you just bought it?) there is an issue with long shots but the last update 19.3 onwards reduces it a hell of alot so it's less frequent but "seeable". Stick a DM or play a a defensive CM that can tackle good/ close down. DM situation works great vs opposition but could hinder you going forward if you don't have the strength in squad. If you have a 2 man mid or even 2 CB's then use a stopper, they'll close the long shot thing down ALOT. 

Now for your own players tend to use "work ball into the box", they fixed that or it massively helped from a bug that was sorted which also cuts it down. I had peirera scoring 25 yard goals in one season then I restarted with 19.3+ and they worked fine after that. Just tweak a few things and it'll work long term and short term. The devs are working on it, the ME has been worked on for 20 since the forums argued against the ME (in general imo) for 19. Takes a hell of alot of work and to balance the ME is extremely hard when things can go wrong by tweaking such a small thing. Be patient (p.s. I was like you at the start and got to live with it and started to enjoy the game).  

49 minutes ago, aiston said:

Surely, in the yearly cycle of the game, there comes a point where they need to stop looking behind and start planning forward. With a small team they need, at some point, to stop trying to fix the old and start building the new.

It's a delicate balancing act, the ME, with a lot of different ways we users can use it/view it, so it's a bit presumptuous to suggest they 'won't bother' .

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, aiston said:

Helps to know there is a bug with it when there is a bug thread for long shots in the match engine bug forum they are closing.

3 hours ago, CFuller said:

Maybe it's not an obvious bug, though, and just a quirk with the match engine?

And anyway, if you've read this post from @Neil Brock, you'll know exactly why the ME bugs forum has been closed:

3 hours ago, aiston said:

2 hours ago, Snorks said:

Surely, in the yearly cycle of the game, there comes a point where they need to stop looking behind and start planning forward. With a small team they need, at some point, to stop trying to fix the old and start building the new.

It's a delicate balancing act, the ME, with a lot of different ways we users can use it/view it, so it's a bit presumptuous to suggest they 'won't bother' .

Even setting aside 'looking behind' / 'planning forward', there comes a point where FM19's match engine is no longer closely related enough to the next version's match engine for an FM19 PKM to be useful to the Match team.

It would be like studying Apollo 11 and then advising Nasa on how best to put a man on Mars. At one point that information was essential, directly leading to where we are at now in fact, but having learned from that and countless missions in between the information you gathered from Apollo 11 is no longer relevant, having been surpassed or superseded by more recent work. It is no longer directly relevant to the team planning the current mission and, despite them being eternally grateful for - and wiser from - those earlier efforts, it will not aid them in reaching Mars.

If Mars is involved, we need at least four levels of their pyramid system, a decent-sized database and probably a re-work of the attribute system.  The Brexit and Work Permits would be a nightmare!

And I dread to think what the Newgen faces would look like .........

:sega:

@Earnie is God! I'm about to go down a purely anecdotal avenue with my reply because I don't have knowledge of the underlying systems at play.

However, player requests for new contracts can be the bane of your existence in FM or they can be a formality that goes your way 99% of the time.

If you are willing to spend the time rejecting requests, dealing with the fallout from those initial requests and either moving players on or waiting them out you will generally find that within a year or two you will have unchallenged authority on this front. Players will back down. If you give in then it tends to become more frequent, it does become a seasonal thing.

There are other considerations in the background, if you're under performing then its not really a battle you can afford to take on. If its a player you don't have an identified replacement for and/or the contract is only 2 years to run you have to consider carefully how you proceed.

I've had it go both ways, at a time of 5-6 years of under performance in a network game my wage bill ballooned to nearly £6m per week to get the squad back into a position to win trophies again. Once trophies started becoming regular again the wage bill started to get trimmed dramatically, down to around £2.2m a week. 

It wasn't the case of just replacing seniors with youngsters, I had players reach their 'peaks' (at least in earning terms) in their late 20's and still on less than £150k a week. Which, in itself, is arguably an issue that world class players can be on perhaps half or less than they'd be on at other clubs.

39 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Playing the Big Boss card so soon...

*looks busy*

:ackter:

not at all - was the closest to an alien I could get quickly lol- as you were

6 hours ago, santy001 said:

... If you are willing to spend the time rejecting requests, dealing with the fallout from those initial requests and either moving players on or waiting them out you will generally find that within a year or two you will have unchallenged authority on this front. Players will back down. If you give in then it tends to become more frequent, it does become a seasonal thing ..

That’s been my experience as well. I don’t think that it’s unreasonable behaviour on behalf of the players. When you start at a new club you’re the new boss and the players will try it on to see how much that they can get away with. If you show them that you’re in charge they’ll stop pestering you all the time but if you give in the players will think that they can get away with anything. You’re always going to get the odd one who keeps asking for a new contract but the vast majority will behave themselves. This happens IRL when people get a new boss or supervisor. Consider yourself as a new teacher and the players as children in the most difficult class in the school.

I've had good experiences with telling a player whose demanding a new contract "if you think you're worth more than some of the other players, you need to prove it"; they'll (at least tend to) accept behind told that they need to improve their dribbling/crossing/tackling/whatever in order to earn that new contract.

13 hours ago, CFuller said:

If a third of the goals you concede really are from long shots (and you're not just exaggerating for dramatic effect), maybe the problem lies with your tactics. Think about why you're letting in so many of them and take action to address that issue. If you're not sure what to do, just head over to the tactics forum and ask for advice there.

It always amazes me how quickly certain users choose to blame the match engine for their failings before their own tactical choices.

The 'it's your tactics' response is wearing thin now

12 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It's true, though. You'll find that many issues certain users have with FM are self-created through bad man-management or - in this case - poorly-constructed tactics.

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

1 hour ago, CFuller said:

It's true, though. You'll find that many issues certain users have with FM are self-created through bad man-management or - in this case - poorly-constructed tactics.

It is indeed sometimes down to how a player sets up their tactical system.  So for pretty much any apparent ME Bug report I could show you a tactical system which doesn't suffer from those issues.  Crossing problems, striker not scoring enough, lack of through balls, too many long shots and so on.

However.

That can only go so far.  For example if I'm trying to play in a certain tactical style, at some point I may come across something in the ME which makes me swerve away from that particular style in order to overcome it.  Or where we get into AI controlled teams and their tactics.  Or where some styles are just easier to set up than other styles.

So yeh, waving your fists and berating the ME when there could actually be tactical solutions can lead to perfectly valid responses such as:

14 hours ago, CFuller said:

If a third of the goals you concede really are from long shots (and you're not just exaggerating for dramatic effect), maybe the problem lies with your tactics. Think about why you're letting in so many of them and take action to address that issue. If you're not sure what to do, just head over to the tactics forum and ask for advice there.

It always amazes me how quickly certain users choose to blame the match engine for their failings before their own tactical choices.

(which, by the way, does not say "it's your tactics" if you actually read it) but without further information from players who post complaints about the ME then a response of "try the tactics forum you may be able to get some ideas to help you" is actually designed to be helpful.

Are there problems with the ME?  Yeh absolutely.  Are there problems with the ME which can't be sorted out via tactical changes?  Yup.  But unless people are prepared to go through that process of asking for help, then posting "it's the ME" can solicit "try the tactics forum".

So lets get past this whole "it's the ME" "it's your tactics" meme, because that's all it is - a meme.  Nobody just defends the ME, ever.  But people will offer advice about seeking possible help - although sometimes you know, people just want to have a bit of a moan, and that's ok too :).

On 05/07/2019 at 17:49, CFuller said:

I think long shots is a known issue though. I play exclusively lower leagues and actually get sick of how many I score.

High line/pressing systems seem to be the go in this ME and I'd guess that's in part because it gives the AI less time on the ball to shoot.

Please don't turn this thread into a pathetic personal argument.

Honestly, I'm sick of being called a fanboy and the like by certain users just because I don't agree with them.

Edited by CFuller

1 hour ago, CityAndColour said:

I think long shots is a known issue though. I play exclusively lower leagues and actually get sick of how many I score.

High line/pressing systems seem to be the go in this ME and I'd guess that's in part because it gives the AI less time on the ball to shoot.

To get this topic back on track before the same old users try to derail it, I too am seeing slightly more long shots than I would expect in real-life (though it's certainly not 1-in-3).

Most of the long-shot goals I see in the Norwegian 3rd tier are actually pretty low and tame (i.e. not 40-yard screamers into the top corner). I just put it down to goalkeepers (and, to a lesser extent, defenders) generally being less adept at lower levels.

1 hour ago, Earnie is God! said:

Of course it's a known issue. Have you not met CFuller before?

Have you not read my post directly above?  Or what @CFuller actually wrote?

This thread's full of enough nonsense as it is without adding to it even more.

On ‎05‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:20, herne79 said:

It is indeed sometimes down to how a player sets up their tactical system.  So for pretty much any apparent ME Bug report I could show you a tactical system which doesn't suffer from those issues.  Crossing problems, striker not scoring enough, lack of through balls, too many long shots and so on.

Or the AI (which hurts ist performance too, e.g. why aren't Man City destroying the EPL and why aren't Barca trumping the Possession Charts ten times over) ;). On the tactical front, I'm still baffled that the game hasn't Progressed from a "microtweak yourself into sufferings" Kind of experience to one that represents real-life tactical decision making. Style Presets etc. are a starting Point, but there's so much stuff in there you can still do you would never see on a pitch of Football for any prolonged period ever.

How can you simulate Football and guarantee the robustness of a ME as well as consistently rewarding actually "football logics" if all that "nonsense" is still in? Things would be so much easier to assess and balance. Sure, Experiments are the spice of gaming. Still as it is, the game still remains a Basic School Boy class in Team Sports Basics (with the challenge being translating those Basics into the UI), when what it pretends to be simulating is semi/pro Football Management. Taking all these possible nonsensical micro tweaks would benefit the AI just as well.

Basically, the same Argument that was around back then when "Player roles" came to be. The counter Arguments to them was that you wouldn't be able to Micro tweak as much. On the positive side, SI could focus on making each role far more distinct than before. Except that, the same thought not merely applied to player roles in isolation, but to the actual decision making wholesale. You'd lose some of the Micro-tweaking, but I'd place a good deal of Money on that, in the Long-term, the ME as well as the AI would Progress at a quicker and more stable rate. The entire tactical decision making process is too "complicated" still for the AI also, either way. 

Edited by Svenc

8 hours ago, herne79 said:

Have you not read my post directly above?  Or what @CFuller actually wrote?

Yup, he told the guy he had "poorly-constructed tactics" when he has no idea what tactics were used. Maybe it is indeed partly down to the tactic but you can't just assume it is, yet that's exactly what he is doing, and does time and time again. Or did I miss the post where @aiston showed us his tactic? No, I didn't think so.

If CFuller wants to bury his head in the sand and pretend there is nothing wrong, then good for him.
However, the long shot problem is a well documented issue that has already been acknowledged. To have someone tell you that it's you who is doing something wrong when they have no idea how you are playing the game is ridiculous.

Edited by Earnie is God!

26 minutes ago, Earnie is God! said:

Yup, he told the guy he had "poorly-constructed tactics" when he has no idea what tactics were used. Maybe it is indeed partly down to the tactic but you can't just assume it is, yet that's exactly what he is doing, and does time and time again. Or did I miss the post where @aiston showed us his tactic? No, I didn't think so.

That's just longer term experience. Most of the time, it's true -- and be it to extent that poorly constructed tactics tend to exaggerate all ME weakness. F'r instance, if there's really an issue with "too many Long shots" or "Wood work", compressing the space in the final third to the size of a tuna can in particular against defensive opposition (which no Manager in real Football would do) just tends to exaggerate that further by forcing Players into making even more rushed, poor and hurried decisions. Likewise, if there is an issue with Goals from range, and your backline is worse protected than even Germany's at last year's World Cup (which the game allows easily), ….

I think the genuine Question should be rather at this stage, imo: Why does the game allow anybody to use "poorly constructed tactics", when it assumes Players (as well as AI...) are semi/professionals managers?  Which is the tldr; abridged version of my post above. :D 

Edited by Svenc

If CFuller wants to bury his head in the sand and pretend there is nothing wrong, then good for him.
However, the long shot problem is a well documented issue that has already been acknowledged. To have someone tell you that it's you who is doing something wrong when they have no idea how you are playing the game is ridiculous.

9 hours ago, herne79 said:

Have you not read my post directly above?

I notice you completely ignored this part.  Try again, it might help your understanding.

You also seem to be ignoring this post:

9 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Echoing herne above, personal digs are also going to be met with infractions. Tired of having to tell people to follow the rules and be polite in GD

So far I count 2 personal digs, one made after this warning was given.  

But you are misrepresenting and cherry picking to further this "it's your tactics" meme (again, read my post above) and I say cherry picking because you're ignoring this: "maybe the problem lies with your tactics. Think about why you're letting in so many of them and take action to address that issue. If you're not sure what to do, just head over to the tactics forum and ask for advice there."  Notice the word "maybe"?  And how helpful advice is also offered?  tbf that's all that needed to be said.

And before you accuse me of cherry picking as well, I'm quite aware of the "poorly constructed tactics" post.  Yeh that's perhaps an assumption too far as well, but then so is "it's an ME problem".  Two sides of the same coin.  If only someone had written about that just a few posts above...

So please everyone, just stop and think.  Nobody wants to report posts or give warnings, and we certainly don't want to hand out bans.  Believe it or not, Mods actively try to avoid banning people (except in extreme cases of abuse or repeat offenders ofc).  But when you choose to ignore warnings, what choice do you leave us?

18 hours ago, CFuller said:

To get this topic back on track before the same old users try to derail it, I too am seeing slightly more long shots than I would expect in real-life (though it's certainly not 1-in-3).

Most of the long-shot goals I see in the Norwegian 3rd tier are actually pretty low and tame (i.e. not 40-yard screamers into the top corner). I just put it down to goalkeepers (and, to a lesser extent, defenders) generally being less adept at lower levels.

Might just be your own tactics I guess. I've found a box to box mid with long range shooting of 7+ will get me 10-15 goals each season, and that's playing in the Conference North/South. Most of them are arrows that beat the 'keeper for pace too.

Add to that a lot of direct free kicks going in, although that one is definitely down to 'keepers not being able to handle shots hit near them (they kind of sway out of the way and/or palm it into their own net).

It's okay to flag something as a game issue - for example my tactics don't make players head the ball straight to the opposition when under no pressure, or consistently clear the ball back to the top of the box. Using hyperbole though usually detracts from it and causes this back and forth bickering when there is usually a middle ground between a game issue and a tactical one.

49 minutes ago, CityAndColour said:

It's okay to flag something as a game issue - for example my tactics don't make players head the ball straight to the opposition when under no pressure, or consistently clear the ball back to the top of the box. Using hyperbole though usually detracts from it and causes this back and forth bickering when there is usually a middle ground between a game issue and a tactical one.

That irks me a little too, though I've surprisingly not seen it happen too regularly recently (either from my defenders or the opposition's).

And I agree; there's no room for hyperbole in this thread. I'm aware that I might've been guilty of using that on occasion before, and I'm trying to be more careful with what I write in future. I hope certain other users are aware of their use of hyperbole and other unhelpful language too.

55 minutes ago, CityAndColour said:

Add to that a lot of direct free kicks going in, although that one is definitely down to 'keepers not being able to handle shots hit near them (they kind of sway out of the way and/or palm it into their own net).

And on this point above... I don't know. I do see quite a few direct free-kicks per game (on extended highlights), but for every one that goes in, there are several more that don't (many are either blocked or whistle just wide). If anything, I'm surprised that there are so many DFKs that go close to the goal, let alone in the goal.

All this fingers pointing is still the red herring here, btw. The distractor dancing around the core issue. Like a player who consistently rages about cheating AI every time he drops a Point despite having far moar shots on a spreadsheet (against perennial defensive AI overly focused on keeping spaces tight).

Which is why this time next year the same conversations will take place. Except with the "Long shots" and "Striker movement" issues replaced with something else -- and the many adventurous to outright illogical combinations in tactics exaggerating them all over again to sometimes comical effect -- some of which inevitably not picked up in testing as with this many combinations, it's impossible to pick up on them all. 

Well at least the tactical community will be able to further give themselves pats on the back by dancingn around an AI that even on the supposedly highest Level (e.g. AI Guardiola) on Occasion may ignore Basic common sense they may teach any Coach at any Basic Coaching Course. :P 

Edited by Svenc

This season (2024/25) we had a Testimonial game for long serving Joe Ralls. On the same day, Spurs had one for Chrisitan Eriksen.
I always like these games as they are few and far between; you don't often see players staying at one club for 10+ years any more.

20190701192329_1.thumb.jpg.76ade0cf4209c5f99263b92f176ef257.jpg

Four former Cardiff players agreed to take part in our game: GK Neil Etheridge, CB Sean Morrison, RW Simone Verdi and CS Johannes Eggestein although the only way I could get them in the matchday squad was to ask my AssMan to auto-pick, as they weren't showing on my tactics page even with 'unavailable' and 'not at club' unticked. Maybe I missed another option somewhere but couldn't see it.

Anyway, as you might expect, Ralls was captain for the day and we played out an entertaining 2-2 draw with Bilbao.
I brought Joe off with about 5min to go but was a little disappointed that it's not hard-coded into the game for him to automatically receive a standing ovation. After all, this game was to celebrate his long career with us but there was nothing.

But none of what is written above is the main issue for me, it concerns the other testimonial that day. I was curious to see if Eriksen was made Spurs captain and if he too was subbed late in the game, just as you'd expect in real life. Here's their lineup...

20190701192316_1.thumb.jpg.75904009057cc897648adaa97f4dd800.jpg

Wait, no Eriksen in the squad? How disappointing for him to be injured and unavailable to play in his own testimonial. Or so I presumed. Then I looked at him...

20190701192334_1.thumb.jpg.6b34aba40969ba250c63bec6dfa35d13.jpg

No injury, no problem so why wasn't he playing? Unfortunately, it seems that, as he is close to full fitness and match sharpness, the AI didn't pick him for the squad. After all, it's a pre-season friendly and I know if I ask my AssMan to auto-pick for a friendly, he'll choose those needing match sharpness first. The AI in this game even picked some greyed out players (the three who came on at HT and were subbed 20min later) ahead of Eriksen.

There should be some way of fixing this so that the player who the testimonial is for actually plays in the game, don't you think? Otherwise, what's the point?

'Hi Christian! Uhm yeah, about that testamonial of yours? You seem to be fit already, so I'm just going to leave you out for some youngsters hmmkay?' 

(in the voice of the boss guy from The Office Space) 

Edited by Schotsmannetje

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:08, Svenc said:

Which is why this time next year the same conversations will take place. Except with the "Long shots" and "Striker movement" issues replaced with something else -- and the many adventurous to outright illogical combinations in tactics exaggerating them all over again to sometimes comical effect -- some of which inevitably not picked up in testing as with this many combinations, it's impossible to pick up on them all. 

Exclusive preview: General Feedback thread this time next year to ease Things with a bit of humour (honestly though, have SI ever taken a look their own tactical download sections btw?) :D

Why is there no 'Give a speech' option in the 'Quick Sub' window, but only in the Tactics window? This seems so strange and counter-intuitive to me. The 'Quick sub' window is the place to make subs!

Edited by Schotsmannetje

Something else: When I want to see a match at the same day my team is playing, but at a completely different time, I get the message "You can't visit a match on the same day that your team is playing." 

Surely there exists TV in the fictional world of Football Manager?

3 hours ago, Schotsmannetje said:

Something else: When I want to see a match at the same day my team is playing, but at a completely different time, I get the message "You can't visit a match on the same day that your team is playing." 

Surely there exists TV in the fictional world of Football Manager?

To watch the game means you going personally to watch it, as in acting like a scout/watching it as you watch your own game. If you send your scout you get your report just like you would with any scout and specifically for that game with added analysis stats. If it's local games you should be able to make it although I don't see the point because it's likely going to be a worse off team or just useless. 

2 hours ago, BigV said:

To watch the game means you going personally to watch it, as in acting like a scout/watching it as you watch your own game. If you send your scout you get your report just like you would with any scout and specifically for that game with added analysis stats. If it's local games you should be able to make it although I don't see the point because it's likely going to be a worse off team or just useless. 

Yet it is possible to manage a cup final in Indonesia and then manage an international friendly at home in Uruguay (or any other country for that matter) on the same day. Doesn't make sense to me. Bugs, bugs, bugs.

On 04/07/2019 at 16:24, Per Annum said:

Will FM2020 fix newgen in-match hair not matching their profile image?

Don't get me wrong FM19 has much bigger issues but, this is a gripe

The newgen profile pics themselves are horrible. Their faces like someone tried to melt a plastic actiion figurine.

Not a huge issue though

Agreed, or like one of those facial composites done by a police sketch artist... "Have you seen this man?"

20190712153941_1_cr.jpg.ed8a5c8460c5a988610c7b6c4e649945.jpg Last seen robbing 3pts off Arsenal 😜

Most of them just look weird and it's mainly the nose area that makes them worse e.g.

20190712153936_1_cr.jpg.0fcfea969a5d0f34cc073f6aacf9cb17.jpg20190712153904_1_cr.jpg.237b6f65df5eab60f7368fcdf9af6025.jpg20190712153918_1_cr.jpg.3b598c473a389658961bc1b99bbe0ab2.jpg Although what's going on with suspect number 3's hair? :D

I forget if it was FM15 or 16 but they should go back to the pictures they used for those e.g.

378120_20160811022930_1_cr.png.c9efa5916aeb09a97c8929959e415784.png378120_20160811024217_1_cr.png.33ca7f89f31671e6275f0569741d75f6.png Although tbh I can't remember if I used a facepack for those ones.

But it's always good to see celebrities make it into the game too, like Russell Howard here...

364168196_RussellHowardregen.png.d52b92627e25720d9322cb11038a3114.pngrussell-howard_3534802a-large_cr.thumb.png.e227f30855909009cf85fe6768794c77.png

• Administrators
On 11/07/2019 at 16:24, NicWar said:

Yet it is possible to manage a cup final in Indonesia and then manage an international friendly at home in Uruguay (or any other country for that matter) on the same day. Doesn't make sense to me. Bugs, bugs, bugs.

That's a compromise in the interest of gameplay. While club and country managers are not unheard of, it's extremely unusual. 

If anything is really a bug it is the ease as to which you can do both, but the issue with that is International Management in FM is boring 90% of the time, so it makes no sense to make an issue out of this for absolutely no benefit.

I can't find the proper thread for this. I might ask here. Wasnt supposed  for the South American players to apply for citizenship In Spain after 2 years? I have both Vidal and Malcom with 2 years completed and neither applied for it.

EDIT:

After a second thought i think it's just a bug. But only the number of the days shown is bad(both players start like they were transferred a year ago)

Edited by Muerte706

Player interactions and promises forever feels buggy. I'm managing in Brazil, a couple of seasons in. The matches are constant, especially in the latter part of the year. You have to rotate players heavily or you end up starting players at 72%. I have a wonderkid Ecuadorian central defender who is one of my better players and probably  my first choice CB, but he was rotating out of necessity. Last summer, during the break, he played in the Copa America and then the Olympics, so he came back worn out. I sent him on a holiday rested him regularly, but he still got upset about playing time. I promised him more and fulfilled the promise. Then he complained again recently. I promised again. He's now showing as "Hopes he gets some matches soon". I've started him like 8 competitive matches in a row. His condition is trash but I keep playing him. Typically when he promise playing time, a run of starts like this will turn the promise meter green and get a player response about "being please with the number of matches he has started recently". Not this guy. 

Weirdly, I've checked his hidden personality attributes and there really isn't anything that would make him seem like the type of get agitated quickly. 

It really does sometimes feel like the game is creating "drama" for you to deal with. Just had my star striker get upset that we sold a fringe player. One who hadn't played for the first team in 3 years and would have been the 8th best MC in the squad according to my coaches. No relationship between the two. So pretty obvious that  someone who wasn't in the first team "locker room" would be missed as a "major locker room presence". 

• SI Staff
11 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

It really does sometimes feel like the game is creating "drama" for you to deal with. Just had my star striker get upset that we sold a fringe player. One who hadn't played for the first team in 3 years and would have been the 8th best MC in the squad according to my coaches. No relationship between the two. So pretty obvious that  someone who wasn't in the first team "locker room" would be missed as a "major locker room presence". 

Were they in the same social group etc? If you can find no reasonable reason for it, get it posted in our bugs forum for us to investigate :thup:

53 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Were they in the same social group etc? If you can find no reasonable reason for it, get it posted in our bugs forum for us to investigate :thup:

The player who left didn't show up on the Dynamics screen at all from what I can recall. He was in the reserves for the short time he was actually with the club. He spent the past 3 seasons out on loan. Unfortunately, I didn't keep a save where I can go back and check. 

And as for the other issue, the player who has started 5 straight matches and 7 of the last 8 "was expecting to be playing more first team football than he currently has". I literally can't play you any more, fam. Gonna fail this promise despite him starting 42 matches in a row and his condition being minus 37. 

@Seb Wassellwith regards to playing time mentioned above, is it still the case that only league games count? Thanks

I know you asked Seb, but anything other than a friendly should be counted afaik.

Edited by Snorks

Meanwhile AI Juventus can't win ME

574012089_Image1.thumb.png.28d626533c53f1b577d9e3f5cfe53501.png 1200519501_Image2.thumb.png.594634ca21358cce1d0c5705c1880773.png

I'm not sure this is funny or sad

Btw I remember one guy which tired from games with shots like 32/2 and score like 1-1 and he started to create tactic specially without domination and without a lot of chances.
He assured that it works for FM, but I didnt believe. For now I start to think about logic of his idea

162346252_Image3.thumb.png.5bde97f8ac84f61a919b199074ca0925.png

upd. Some users like to repeat the same things again and again, and I clarify what I mean.

Juventus can lose for sure. But as you check his IRL games, so

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1318032/Live/Italy-Serie-A-2018-2019-Sampdoria-Juventus
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1318006/Live/Italy-Serie-A-2018-2019-Roma-Juventus
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1317973/Live/Italy-Serie-A-2018-2019-SPAL-2013-Juventus

You can see that opposite team has a plus in part of statistics at least.

In my 2 screenshots two home games in line and the same loses by total domination. That is why I said Juve can't win Match Engine, not opposite team.

Really hope in FM20 will rival vs opposite teams and no rival with ME

Edited by Novem9