Scoring goals

Hi all

Have read the manual and played the game, understand ability to score goals depends on the attributes finishing, with composure and decisions also part of the calculation. 

My question is, if I train a striker to have the trait place shots does that increase the probability he will score? 

His probability of scoring will only improve if he is given more chances to score. So check the stats in the game. Look at the shots he is having in a game. Does he receive good chances inside the box? Are you playing to his strengths? Improve the number and quality of chances and you will increase his chance to score.

Traits affect a players willingness/likelihood of trying something... Not their ability to do it. So if I had a good finisher it may be beneficial to get them to place shots. If I have a bad finisher probably not... Maybe 'shoot with power' would be better... Can't go under it, can't go over it, smash it through it! 

Context of the chances you create are important too... If your striker is feeding off through balls you might want... Lobs keeper, rounds keeper or places shots... For 1 vs 1 situations.... But if you are pumping crosses in the box those aren't going to be affective 

Thanks all for the replies, all good stuff. Understand the fair point around if striker is not getting decent service (ie some chances in the box) does not matter how good his finishing, composure etc. What I was trying to get at was assuming chances are being created does place shots enhance his ability to hit the net. Logically it should as hitting the corners of the goal is better if you have technique and composure to do it. Depends how it works under the hood though, anyone know? 

3 hours ago, Ysgol said:

What I was trying to get at was assuming chances are being created does place shots enhance his ability to hit the net

Then check the total number of shots a player is getting and where he places the shots. if its always central then perhaps it a good move for him to learn the trait.

Archived