fm20 news

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/08/2019 at 22:17, Tony Wright 747 said:

Absolutely, I don't know why they don't do this, must be using it for other reasons apart from DRM.  Total silence from SI on this

I expect its a publisher requirement  (SEGA) decision rather than software house (SIGames)

Email SEGA:thup:

1 час назад, MrPompey сказал:

I expect its a publisher requirement  (SEGA) decision rather than software house (SIGames)

Email SEGA:thup:

A waste of time there.

SI staff open to discuss any things as possible, but as we know now this decision comes from publisher and they dont care about things like this IMO.
*sounds of cogs of a bureaucratic mechanism* ;)

21 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

A waste of time there.

SI staff open to discuss any things as possible, but as we know now this decision comes from publisher and they dont care about things like this IMO.

This could explain why SI have made no comment on Denuvo, but the above information was a little more reassuring, but there has to be a major improvement in FM20 before I leave my FM16 save.  In light of the information I might consider buying FM17

3 hours ago, Novem9 said:

A waste of time there.

I'm sure they care - they just wont engage. I am sure they are far more knowledgeable and experienced than us and so will make the appropriate decision

What other publishers would engage with the pubic over software protection etc

We have to let this one go I think 

On 10/09/2019 at 12:16, Tony Wright 747 said:

This could explain why SI have made no comment on Denuvo, but the above information was a little more reassuring, but there has to be a major improvement in FM20 before I leave my FM16 save.  In light of the information I might consider buying FM17

You should get 17 dude. For me it's the best FM there is. I couldn't get into 18 and 19 had too many bugs, I've continued with 17 and can say it's the best FM.

I won't be buying 20 at launch, I'll download the demo and check it out but for me to leave 17 completely 20 would have to hook me in, I just couldn't get into the game on 19 after the game breaking bugs I encountered and i just couldn't get into another game on it 

1 hour ago, bigmattb28 said:

You should get 17 dude. For me it's the best FM there is. I couldn't get into 18 and 19 had too many bugs, I've continued with 17 and can say it's the best FM.

I won't be buying 20 at launch, I'll download the demo and check it out but for me to leave 17 completely 20 would have to hook me in, I just couldn't get into the game on 19 after the game breaking bugs I encountered and i just couldn't get into another game on it 

But how about the strikerless exploit

1 hour ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

As to exploits, specifically, there's exploits in any release in existence. Players get their sides averaging a Corner Goal About a match (let alone throw-ins) on FM2019 to begin with (complete fantasies that are never reported ever as a possible bug naturally https://github.com/hesussavas/corners_stats). Probably no coincidence that there seem to be far fewer "OMG can't score despite 40 shots" rages against inevitable parking bus AI this release -- even on communities that have such rages every year. Parking bus Teams are undone by the many set pieces they inevitably concede every other damn week. :D 

Edited by Svenc

7 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

What about it?

5 hours ago, Svenc said:

As to exploits, specifically, there's exploits in any release in existence. Players get their sides averaging a Corner Goal About a match (let alone throw-ins) on FM2019 to begin with (complete fantasies that are never reported ever as a possible bug naturally https://github.com/hesussavas/corners_stats). Probably no coincidence that there seem to be far fewer "OMG can't score despite 40 shots" rages against inevitable parking bus AI this release -- even on communities that have such rages every year. Parking bus Teams are undone by the many set pieces they inevitably concede every other damn week. :D 

Thanks. Was going to reference things like this.

19 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

What about it?

Thanks. Was going to reference things like this.

I only played the demo of FM17 for a few hours so I was not aware of the strikerless exploit, but it has been mentioned a few times on these forums and as you and others think that FM17 was,is the best Football Manager, I was just asking what your experience of this was

On 25/08/2019 at 13:17, CFuller said:

You think going backwards is a great idea, just because newgens don't look as good as they used to? How about you ask SI to abandon their 2D and 3D match engines and make all matches commentary-only while you're at it?

Well said :hammer:,actually not! If I say well said it leads to a another topic -supporting the New kids,thus newgens vs. the corefans,the old generation(Me) who don't like so much the new FMs.

Edited by Miligramm

On 12/09/2019 at 07:41, bigmattb28 said:

Well...I never played or bought FM17. I quit buying new FM after FM16,so about 17 I really don't know.In my opinion the Best Football Manager ever is FM2011. But I'll try the demo of 17,thanks.

3 horas atrás, CFuller disse:

FM19's feature announcements came out on 27 September.

FM18's headline features video came out on 29 September.

There's genuinely no reason to be disturbed just yet.

Well, people here buy the game, it is not like it is free or SI is doing some sort of charity. When you are so passionate about something,and FM got a very loyal fanbase, that buys the game for consecutive years, at least in my opinion,everyone have the right to ask for the features to be released.

But don't worry,doesn't matter what people say(or ask), miles already took his decision, and everybody knows that he doesn't care much about if is going to be today or one day before launch, he will do as he please, so you can calm down, no one here will make SI change their date.

That reply was hardly surprising. :rolleyes:

Look... SI will reveal more when they're good and ready. It's no use badgering them for new features or "FM20 BETA NOW" (you really should read some of the tweets Miles receives).

From previous experience, SI tend to hold back on FM feature reveals partly because they don't want to rush into announcing anything that isn't certain to make the final release - understandably so. As for even suggesting that Miles not spilling the beans 3-4 months in advance is a sign that he doesn't care about the fanbase... :rolleyes:

(I know you're not directly suggesting that, but I would think carefully about what you type in future.)

Edited by CFuller

5 horas atrás, CFuller disse:

That reply was hardly surprising. :rolleyes:

Look... SI will reveal more when they're good and ready. It's no use badgering them for new features or "FM20 BETA NOW" (you really should read some of the tweets Miles receives).

From previous experience, SI tend to hold back on FM feature reveals partly because they don't want to rush into announcing anything that isn't certain to make the final release - understandably so. As for even suggesting that Miles not spilling the beans 3-4 months in advance is a sign that he doesn't care about the fanbase... :rolleyes:

(I know you're not directly suggesting that, but I would think carefully about what you type in future.)

Impressive how I was directly to one point and you tried to put it totally out of context. I never said miles doesn’t care about the fanbase, I would be a liar if I told you this. But what is true is that he doesn’t care if half of the player base comes knocking on his door asking for him to announce the features, he will say “mid September” or will ignore. 

I will not lie to anyone,I am not here for long time like a lot of folks here,but since I am actively following SI and the FM fanbase, I can see a good amount of people asking for the features to be revealed together with the announcement, and they are not asking for full detail,but at least some tiny details. We are talking about gamers, people that buy preorders like to know what they are buying. If miles and SI really didn’t want this headache year after year,they could either reveal FM when they already know what will be in the game, or just open the preorder when they reveal. I am being obliged to buy? No. But I find it disrespectful for them to offer something that they didn’t revealed a single info about it. As I said before, I know SI have the capability to deliver a great game every year, but I dislike this way they reveal the game,open the preorder and 1 month after start revealing details. I’m a consumer so I will express this every single year if I have to, maybe one day I see a change (a man can dream).

Also,stop taking things out of context just to try look smart on the internet, is such a childish attitude and adds nothing to literally any discussion.

10 hours ago, CFuller said:

FM19's feature announcements came out on 27 September.

FM18's headline features video came out on 29 September.

There's genuinely no reason to be disturbed just yet.

I didnt realise they came out so late in September, i always thought it was earlier. I was wondering when the feature were going to be announced but it looks like we still might be a couple of weeks away going by past years

vor 1 Stunde schrieb oblongata21:

I didnt realise they came out so late in September, i always thought it was earlier. I was wondering when the feature were going to be announced but it looks like we still might be a couple of weeks away going by past years

No, there is hope due to the information given in the official announcement and if you compare it:

Official Football Manager 2018 Announcement (15 August 2017): "(...) the first details of new features and updates in Football Manager 2018 will be revealed in late September" - FM18's headline features video came out on 29 September.
Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement (6 August 2018): "(...) the first details of the key features in Football Manager 2019 will be revealed in late September" - FM18's headline features video came out on 27 September.
Official Football Manager 2020 Announcement (27 August 2019): "(...) ahead of the game’s key feature announcements, the first details of which will be revealed in mid-September"

So, if you ask me, we will get information during the next week, probably Thursday. 

Edited by leviathan1904

There has been a lot of furor around Denuvo and much of it is deserved due to the hit you take on performance. I've seen people experience a drop in performance and honestly in a game like FM every bit of performance counts for processing.

I wonder if I'll even pre-order or even get it on release day. Instead I'll wait for days to see whether people are experiencing problems due to Denuvo and then buy FM.

Sad state of affairs but I would rather prevent a laggy FM experience than buy it and be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, saiyaman said:

There has been a lot of furor around Denuvo and much of it is deserved due to the hit you take on performance. I've seen people experience a drop in performance and honestly in a game like FM every bit of performance counts for processing.

I wonder if I'll even pre-order or even get it on release day. Instead I'll wait for days to see whether people are experiencing problems due to Denuvo and then buy FM.

Sad state of affairs but I would rather prevent a laggy FM experience than buy it and be disappointed.

From the SEGA FAQ about Denuvo:

Will Denuvo affect the performance/FPS of the game?

The FPS is unaffected by Denuvo. During development care is taken to ensure the performance impact is minimised and optimised to keep the game running smoothly.

12 minutes ago, FrazT said:

From the SEGA FAQ about Denuvo:

Will Denuvo affect the performance/FPS of the game?

The FPS is unaffected by Denuvo. During development care is taken to ensure the performance impact is minimised and optimised to keep the game running smoothly.

I hope that's the case. I've seen it affect other games.

But I don't blame you guys for using it. You've got to ensure that you get credit where it's due for making this game.

5 hours ago, saiyaman said:

I hope that's the case. I've seen it affect other games.

But I don't blame you guys for using it. You've got to ensure that you get credit where it's due for making this game.

It's not the SI guys who choose to use it or not. All SEGA developed and published games have Denuvo, and Football Manager is published by SEGA, so if you want FM to no longer use Denuvo, it's SEGA you need to be raising the issue with, unfortunately.

6 ore fa, oblongata21 ha scritto:

Fingers crossed!

Im really intrigued this year, as the release trailer was pretty unusual. Cant wait to see what it all means

Hoping that the video will reflect finally the feature that i wait from years: supporters will take an important part of the game. And i hope that match atmosphere will be added in game, that depends by affluence, recent form and so on, and reflect in player performance during the match.  finger crossed.

I just hope theres something in the new game for playing back three systems as they're currently nowhere near how a back 3 works in real life.

Here are some things that are literally the foundation of playing with a back 3 that currently do not work in FM:

- Ball side wingback needs to be way more aggressive in closing down. The key of any back 3/5 system is the ball side wingback closes down aggressively whilst the weak side wingback falls back and makes a flat 4 with the central defenders. Currently the wingbacks are so passive we usually see central midfielders going out and closing down the wings which destroys the whole structure of the tactics, and 5 flat defenders have nothing to do. Needs changing .

- The center of the 3 centerbacks needs to stay behind his two partners in build up a play. This keeps him available for a pass from his partners and allows him to see all his options. Any coach who plays a back 3 will tell you the central defender should always be behind the two outer ones in buildup. In the match engine we currently see them straight across in a line. Needs changing.

- Related, there needs to be a new role (or just an option specifically for a 3) that you can give the outer central defenders that encourages them to dribble. In a back 3 there will always be a free man in buildup play as no one presses high with 5 players. A lot of teams defend this by leaving one or both of the outer central defenders free. The response to this is for said central defenders to simply carry the ball up the pitch until something comes available. Watch Wolves play, or Inter, or Conte's Chelsea and you will see the outer central defenders carrying the ball as much as anyone else on the team. Way more than you see any defender to in a back 4, and way more than you can get out of the BPD role in FM19. 

There either needs to be totally different roles for central defenders in back threes, or the behaviour needs to be hard coded in for back threes, but either way it needs to be fixed in a big way. Especially the wingbacks closing down.

On 14/09/2019 at 14:09, RocheBag said:

I just hope theres something in the new game for playing back three systems as they're currently nowhere near how a back 3 works in real life.

Here are some things that are literally the foundation of playing with a back 3 that currently do not work in FM:

If I could upvote this more I would. This is pretty much all I need from FM20..

3 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

I don't really see anyone talking about these issues so I think I'm in for a lot of filing reports in the early stages of FM20.

I always find it fascinating how different people see different things. I never play 3 at the back, so wouldn't ever see any issues. But now I'll try and keep my eye out

1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I always find it fascinating how different people see different things. I never play 3 at the back, so wouldn't ever see any issues. But now I'll try and keep my eye out

Yeah, I don't think too many people play three at the back so it probably flies under the radar quite a bit.

39 minutes ago, RocheBag said:

Yeah, I don't think too many people play three at the back so it probably flies under the radar quite a bit.

I absolutely agree. For example a key of Atalanta three man defence are wide centre-backs not only running with the ball wide and forward, but also attacking the space in a similar way as the mezzala role in FM. This is virtually impossible to recreate in FM atm. 

55 minutes ago, kandersson said:

I absolutely agree. For example a key of Atalanta three man defence are wide centre-backs not only running with the ball wide and forward, but also attacking the space in a similar way as the mezzala role in FM. This is virtually impossible to recreate in FM atm. 

Absolutely. Chelsea just used a 3-4-3 against Wolves and Tomori was all over the pitch, regularly getting ahead of the central midfielders. It should also be possible without using the BPD role as well, because these players aren't necessarily more creative, they're just using the space they're given while their teammates are marked. 

En 14/9/2019 a las 8:22, leviathan1904 dijo:

No, there is hope due to the information given in the official announcement and if you compare it:

Official Football Manager 2018 Announcement (15 August 2017): "(...) the first details of new features and updates in Football Manager 2018 will be revealed in late September" - FM18's headline features video came out on 29 September.
Official Football Manager 2019 Announcement (6 August 2018): "(...) the first details of the key features in Football Manager 2019 will be revealed in late September" - FM18's headline features video came out on 27 September.
Official Football Manager 2020 Announcement (27 August 2019): "(...) ahead of the game’s key feature announcements, the first details of which will be revealed in mid-September"

So, if you ask me, we will get information during the next week, probably Thursday. 

Every year it comes later, there will come a time that does not compensate to buy the game until January!

4 minutes ago, kosecki99 said:

Every year it comes later, there will come a time that does not compensate to buy the game until January!

The post you quoted shows that it doesn't come later at all. The announcement was later, but we're getting details earlier.

1 час назад, gunner86 сказал:

Personally I'm wondering what non-feature related news could be...

Well if you remember in last year Miles was very mysterious before release, but in fact he told about 3Bundesliga insinuatingly, which lost after license at first time.
Don't get me wrong, its nice SI solved this license issue, but I want to say be careful with expectations

Edited by Novem9

2 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

Well if you remember in last year Miles was very mysterious before release, but in fact he told about 3Bundesliga insinuatingly, which lost after license at first time.
Don't get me wrong, its nice SI solved this license issue, but I want to say be careful with expectations

They’ve always tended to count official licences and new leagues as features anyway so I wouldn’t think it would fall in that category anyway