Dynamic Potential

VfB4life

I think the development of youngsters is fairly streamlined right now in the FM games. It would make saves way less predictable and more fun if youngsters could randomly develop more or less then expected. Right now it's mainly about the potential, determination and decent playing time at the right stages of their career.

And that should be mixed in with dynamic lines of improvement so that some youngsters stagnate or develop slowly until they are 18-19 and then make their growth spurts where others are making constant improvements and get to their main potential when they're 22-25 and some who mature very fast and hit 95% of their potential at 18-20.

The development at early stages shouldn't be to depended on on-field success as it is so vital to have them in the right spot and a good team around them. The edge the player would have over the AI is too much for my liking.

But I think the development or rather attribute evolution of a player should also be improved for players in their prime where they have maxed out their potential. They should be effected way less then youngsters but I think there should be some movement where a few players get worse, most stay around the same level and some that are all the sudden a way better player at 28 then they were at 26. Happens in real life and should be in the best sports simulation game out there.

And let's talk about the attribute evolution of 30+ year olds as well. Right now their athletic ability crashes down in very unrealistic fashion IMO. I would have to study it more how those abilities fade in real life but a more realistic and dynamic approach should be applyed here as well. With your attribute databases through the years you probably have one of the most resourceful tools at your disposal anyway.

18 hours ago, VfB4life said:

And let's talk about the attribute evolution of 30+ year olds as well. Right now their athletic ability crashes down in very unrealistic fashion IMO. I would have to study it more how those abilities fade in real life but a more realistic and dynamic approach should be applyed here as well. With your attribute databases through the years you probably have one of the most resourceful tools at your disposal anyway.

I've always noticed this - stamina, strength and pace always decline way too fast - also players continue to improve some stats in their mid 30s - take Ryan Giggs/Paul Scholes with their passing/positioning stats etc.

On 12/09/2019 at 09:58, VfB4life said:

I think the development of youngsters is fairly streamlined right now in the FM games. It would make saves way less predictable and more fun if youngsters could randomly develop more or less then expected. Right now it's mainly about the potential, determination and decent playing time at the right stages of their career.

And that should be mixed in with dynamic lines of improvement so that some youngsters stagnate or develop slowly until they are 18-19 and then make their growth spurts where others are making constant improvements and get to their main potential when they're 22-25 and some who mature very fast and hit 95% of their potential at 18-20.

The development at early stages shouldn't be to depended on on-field success as it is so vital to have them in the right spot and a good team around them. The edge the player would have over the AI is too much for my liking.

But I think the development or rather attribute evolution of a player should also be improved for players in their prime where they have maxed out their potential. They should be effected way less then youngsters but I think there should be some movement where a few players get worse, most stay around the same level and some that are all the sudden a way better player at 28 then they were at 26. Happens in real life and should be in the best sports simulation game out there.

I completely agree. This would be a great addition. In addition to these, major milestones in players' career should have an effect on their potential at any age as well.

I feel this already happens in the game but I do not think its given as much attention as would be done in real life. I have seen plenty of times in game where players; including my own develop really quickly and then reach close to their potential rather quickly. I once sold a defensive midfielder who was deemed as a wonderkid to Manchester City for 45 Million Pounds. His stats didn't look as good as the cost suggested and I didn't see much improvement. However the media deemed him a 'wonderkid'. 

I downloaded a scout tool to see what his Ability was out of curiosity; it was a 143 PA... which is Lower-Mid Premier League table level if that. I feel that yes, more could be done to give variation for development but I also feel that more could be done to bring these wonderkid players brought to our attention better. Maybe through media reports in our social feed or through news articles or scouting reports. It could fluctuate monthly or bi-yearly, based off the 'worlds' opinions on upcoming talents.

• 10 months later...