AI Mangers

VfB4life

I've been thinking a lot about why it can be fairly easy to succeed with lesser teams and win championships although your player pool and their attributes say they shouldn't be able to have that kind of success.

My theory has been that my teams are getting better throughout the year because of small or medium size tweaks to the tactic. Unless we're not on a really good run I'm always on the look out to find better individual roles, small team tactical changes and tactical counter meassures for a formation or player type we're constantly having trouble with. And I don't think the AI managers are programed to improve like that throughout the year. I think this would be a huge addition to make the game harder for expirienced players and the smarter you can make the AI the better it would be. They can keep basic principles like Klopp who is always counter pressing for example but he should change player roles or the team passing up if they aren't performing at the level they should.

Another part where they are lacking tremendously right now is valueing the potential of players correctly. So often they ruin a young guys development by not playing them at all for a player or two thats slightly better. That obviously would have to be balanced so they aren't constantly playing with a much lesser team but I don't think their approach is good enough in that aspect in FM 19.

Also how they buy in the transfer market.  Real life players are able to better identify weak positions and improve the team by purchasing players who improve them. AI recruitment barely ever makes sense.  They tend to get overload in one position and sometimes barely even use the players they buy.

The biggest thing I would like to see from this years game apart from much needed improvements to ME would be AI managers vastly improved to increase difficulty of the game. Also the managers who are really talented in real life with high win rate percentages that should also translate in the game. They should be especially talented and difficult to do well against. 

• 10 months later...