Cant sell a player even when offering him for free and all wages paid

I have started a new game of Fm touch and just cant seem to sell a player at all, I though something might be wrong so I took over a bigger team to try and sell their players. I went with Man Utd and I am offering Smalling, Sanchez & De Gea to clubs all for an asking price of 0 and full wage contributions and I am still getting the "no clubs are interested message" this has to be an error how can no club in the world want top players for free with their full wages paid?????

• Administrators

The game will check:

- Is the player interested in joining the club? If not the teams will not bid. (For these specific players, there will be an extremely limited number of clubs who they'll be interested in joining - both due to the fact they're already at a massive club and the fact they won't be guaranteed a squad status equal to what they already see themselves at Man Utd)

- Does the 'buying' club see the player as a better option than what they already have? - Teams will only look to sign players if they're better than what they've already got in the team/formation they play with. May be for instance that Sanchez has a higher ability level than a player at a major club, but in the specific role they want a player to perform, they're not as good as the player they already have.  

- I'd also say there's a chance that even though you're offering to pay the full wages, given this is a unrealistic scenario the buying team would still calculate at least some of the wages (plus bonuses including signing on fees and goal/performance bonuses) as too expensive. 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

The game will check:

- Is the player interested in joining the club? If not the teams will not bid. (For these specific players, there will be an extremely limited number of clubs who they'll be interested in joining - both due to the fact they're already at a massive club and the fact they won't be guaranteed a squad status equal to what they already see themselves at Man Utd)

- Does the 'buying' club see the player as a better option than what they already have? - Teams will only look to sign players if they're better than what they've already got in the team/formation they play with. May be for instance that Sanchez has a higher ability level than a player at a major club, but in the specific role they want a player to perform, they're not as good as the player they already have.  

- I'd also say there's a chance that even though you're offering to pay the full wages, given this is a unrealistic scenario the buying team would still calculate at least some of the wages (plus bonuses including signing on fees and goal/performance bonuses) as too expensive. 

Also, given that the "Selling team pays wages" bit only applies for however long his remaining contract with the selling club would be, they'll also take into account whether they can properly afford his wages going on from then, plus whatever extra wages he asks for in his contract.

Archived