Squad end of season break won't start

kbos80

Hi - as per title ... I'm playing as Real Sociedad in FM19 and having got to the end of my season, the training calendar says that the squad end of season break is two days away, with rest scheduled until then.  When I get to that date, the break hasn't started, but more rest has been scheduled.  Two weeks passed with the squad on rest, and the end of season break always two or three days away. Then, even though I've setup staff responsibilities for me to run training, suddenly my team has a full week of training scheduled in June.  I'm concerned that my players won't be rested at the beginning of the new season and will become jaded.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a way to force the squad on the end of season break?

Hi Gunner86,

Thanks for the reply.  No, U19s, B, and C teams have all finished for the season.

I added managers for a bunch of other teams to see ... and it seems none of the other teams in Spain are on holiday.  Very strange.

PS - great choice of team to support and manage!

45 minutes ago, kbos80 said:

Hi Gunner86,

Thanks for the reply.  No, U19s, B, and C teams have all finished for the season.

I added managers for a bunch of other teams to see ... and it seems none of the other teams in Spain are on holiday.  Very strange.

PS - great choice of team to support and manage!

Thanks.

I've had a lot of fun managing Sociedad in the last couple of versions. Managed to break into the top 3 in 19, but yet to win the league mostly cos of the other Real.

If there's no other games scheduled for any of the other teams, you may need to raise it as a bug.

Have all of the other teams in La Liga played all of their games?

Yes, the league is complete (like you, finished third), cup is complete (I won), and CL complete too.  No fixtures in any calendar other than internationals.

Very strange... I've decided to keep playing but just have keep changing each days training to rest.  Seems logical?

• 2 weeks later...

@gunner86 I thought I'd give you the update ... you were spot on!

I finally got around to playing again after life got in the way ... very shortly after I started up, my B team had the draw for promotion to segunda, and fixtures which followed from there.  The B team played their final league game on 12 May, but the first playoff only on 12 Jun.  The final playoff game was on 20 Jun and my squad went on end of season break the next day.

It would have been nice to have the option to send my first team on break, as they basically waited around for three weeks after the cup final.

I got to preseason, but unfortunately not option for a training camp ... seems I'm not the only one.

• 6 months later...

Hi all, I'm having the same issue on my save.

I've checked other clubs in my league, other leagues, other countries, no one seems to have gone on their end of season break. The season finished a couple of weeks ago.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar?