Preperation for FM20

something i'm really interested in , is how do you prepare your first save on the new FM edition  ?

*I take screenshots from my squad view ( team selection - contracts view - DNA view - stats view defensive - midfield and attacking - training view - homegrown view) so i can create them fast on FM20.

*Screenshots from my filters for Player search (for each position - dna attributes) and Staff filters for each staff role.

*Create a new blank Excel . I had one last year but i want to update this file . I use this excel so i can calculate a 'score' on 100 for each player on his best position and use the DNA attributes and +- 5 attributes specific for his role.

*Make sure i downloaded and installed all the latest megapack (pictures and logo) updates. So i can do a copy paste when the next FM is installed .

*Something new for me : define the shortlist i want and the 'views' from those shortlist. I always used one shortlist for all my players but now i want to make it more specific and use one shortlist for every position OR for defense - midfield and attack. And for targets and long term targets.

*pick a team with a special story . This last part is the most difficult part for me.. when i read on the boards or blogs.. i get new ideas and doubt about my first , second or third save.. and this goes on every year.

What do u do different ?

Edited by OlivierL

I've already downloaded every kit/3d kit i found in internet for season 2019/2020,created on my own 3D kits of the club i will manage,i create facepacks of every person(players,coaches,staff, presidents,board ++) i could find in internet from the country which is the club i will manage,i have all megapacks i need ready (logos,kits, facepacks),i have my best two tactics of fm19 and waiting SI to release the beast.....:onmehead::kriss::D

Edited by Sheriff7

3 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

I've already downloaded every kit/3d kit i found in internet for season 2019/2020,created on my own 3D kits of the club i manage,i create facepacks of every person(players,coaches,staff, presidents,board ++) i could find in internet from the country which is the club i will manage,i have all megapacks i need ready (logos,kits, facepacks),i have my best two tactics of fm19 and waiting SI to release the beast.....:onmehead::kriss::D

Me too - my graphics folder is HUGE 

Mind you I usually download and save all that stuff as I go along, over the course of a whole year. Facepacks especially, but as soon as the latest 2D/3D kits are made and available  I switch t o them as well.

9 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

I've already downloaded every kit/3d kit i found in internet for season 2019/2020,created on my own 3D kits of the club i manage,i create facepacks of every person(players,coaches,staff, presidents,board ++) i could find in internet from the country which is the club i will manage,i have all megapacks i need ready (logos,kits, facepacks),i have my best two tactics of fm19 and waiting SI to release the beast.....:onmehead::kriss::D

How do you know your 3D kits will be compatible ? They changed in FM18 so im thinking they might change again because of the new graphics being talked about

4 hours ago, prot651 said:

How do you know your 3D kits will be compatible ? They changed in FM18 so im thinking they might change again because of the new graphics being talked about

They changed once after so many years so i believe the chances are with me..:thup:

If you follow up the FM communities, as soon as FM20 is dropped new packs and updates to the "old" ones will start almost immediately to emerge, so you can just download and go.

My priorities are, by this order:

- Real names fix;
 - Real logos;
 - Facepack (only cut-out faces);
 - SS and 3D kits.

20 hours ago, autohoratio said:

3D kits are changing again this year but I believe it will be the same size (1024*1024), just requiring the different parts of the kit to be moved around.

Yep you had right.They will change them again...Rhis is really annoying...:seagull:

https://i.imgur.com/vDjZBt5.png

Me, in addition to all of the above: kits, faces, balls, flags, logos, trophies and advertising; I usually create my friends as managers with the database editor, and my son and my nephews as players, with their corresponding face.

Parallel to my game, I follow their trajectories and that makes the game much more fun for me.

I used to not be able to play without badges,faces, competition logos and kits but now I just have logos and real name fix. So just going to copy logos folder to fm20 and real name fix.

I've also got a shortlist but it wasn't compatible with 19 so I had to write all the names down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2019 at 03:48, OlivierL said:

*Create a new blank Excel . I had one last year but i want to update this file . I use this excel so i can calculate a 'score' on 100 for each player on his best position and use the DNA attributes and +- 5 attributes specific for his role.

Very interested about this part. Can you elaborate on this? 

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, Het2 said:

Very interested about this part. Can you elaborate on this? 

Cheers!

i created a new tactic and for me the attributes below are the most important :

17bb7a3a4e407430cdc4abbca0f332b1.png

i created an excel so i can enter all the player's attributes and to get a calculation . i entered two as an example. I get those attributes quite fast from my DNA squad view.

I just have to type them over each season and decide.. i can do the same with potential transfers.

088afe86023f1b4d4bb8706946522e42.png

bd845a4a65c5e6f11e315ccc2e3b92c7.png

I normally first start working on a few editor files for different local leagues. Then, once my files, and the English lower league files have been released, I will start my main FM save using both of those files. 

Edited by DementedHammer