Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SI Staff
46 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

I don't see how this is necessarily realistic, though. The interaction system is far too limited and lacks the ability to say e.g. "You were great at X, Y and Z last match but I was disappointed with your A, B, and C" or "In the last match, you improved on X from previous games, but I still need to see you do even better". It's as if the game wants you to never speak to your players...

https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/ :thup:

• SI Staff
45 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

I disagree somewhat, but of course depends on what the game considers is "unecessary". The pure arsey responses from some is completely unnecessary and, I would think, unrealistic.

For example, you can praise a player for being good in front of goal after scoring twice, and the conversation ends along the lines of: "I'd play alot better if you'd just let me get on with it". You're left feeling rage for just appreciating a player, given there's nothing you can do to respond further.

The player I'm referring to here is Mane btw - one of the best professionals at the club.

If you have that example it would be worth raising in our bugs area for the team to investigate.

If it is more a general point on where you think interaction is lacking, head over to our feature request area - https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

4 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

I posted this thread last year which was already reviewed, although it was a suggestion for giving more detailed feedback to players in half-time/full-time team talks https://community.sigames.com/topic/446969-team-talks-criticise-specific-aspect-of-performance/

I think I commented in/upvoted other feature request threads about more in depth interactions but I'd have to go through far too many pages of my post history to confirm :lol:

• SI Staff
3 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

I posted this thread last year which was already reviewed, although it was a suggestion for giving more detailed feedback to players in half-time/full-time team talks https://community.sigames.com/topic/446969-team-talks-criticise-specific-aspect-of-performance/

I think I commented in/upvoted other feature request threads about more in depth interactions but I'd have to go through far too many pages of my post history to confirm :lol:

Great, cheers :thup:

If it has been reviewed, it'll be in our internal DB.

3 minutes ago, Sanel said:

Quick question to SI: Can we expect a day-1-patch after release? Asking for the ones who are planning to start a new save tonight. 

There is usually a new version to coincide with the actually release of the game. I'd very much doubt they'll release another update within 24 hours.

7 minutes ago, MrManagerMan said:

I am. Pretty sure that happened last year. 

It defeintley got released before midnight last year. I remember being at work and checking this forum to see it had been released

5 hours ago, rain94 said:

Just had a nice tight angle goal from my poacher.

lafc13.gif

Nice goal. Unfortunately I see a couple of errors. The goalkeeper's reaction towards the second ball was shocking and unreal (seems like nothing has changed for this). A professional goalkeeper would have dived to cover his left post.  Secondly (and a more forgivable error), the covering defender was not even making a tackle to prevent the shot. 

Edited by theballstopshere

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

Probably because his opponent is defending extremely narrow, which opens up space on the opposing wing if you overdo it. 

2 hours ago, Armistice said:

Lol why are almost all the players in yellow on the right side of the pitch?

The yellow team is my side that conceded. I play with a narrow setup and I'm using a strange formation. image.thumb.png.6e6ca5b3639e983d73ea532df63c8d42.png

6 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

One of my main reasons my 2nd season (& most likely the save) fizzled out. The patch last week hit for me during pre-season after the first season. I posted his figures but that first season Lewandowski got something like 39 in 42, so far second season he's on 2 in 15, I tried all I could to get him back on track but it was the wide men getting the goals, all 4 of them are massively outscoring him while Rob's not getting the chances he had in season 1. 

This actually gets me kinda excited, possible for all the wrong causes though in-game. :D  The patch springs the clue here... as it may have severely affected the Pretty "magical" efficiency of the tactic beforehand.

Still, in actual Football, Goal droughts are not at all uncommon, and are part of the reason why over the short-term of a Season Football is such an unpredictable Sport to "manage". Back when Ibra went from smashin' it to "couldn't score" at United for like half a Season, everybody was like: "Guy must be finished". He wasn't. Like CR7 a Season later (4 Goals for 5 months in La Liga), he just went through one of those Patches, despite still getting on the end of Things in Quality space at alarming rates (the true sign of a great Forward). Lo and behold, the guys started to bang them in again. I see why SI would not simulate that though… Three words: Can you imagine...

Edited by Svenc

Couple of feedback points:

• Whilst I like the development centre as a whole - I wish there was a way to go directly to my under 23 and under 18 squad from the sidebar rather than the amount of clicks it takes now.
  • With the new work permit rules being based around wages it would be nice to be able to renegotiate new signing contracts when they join in order to lift their wage above the minimum required to be able to be eligible, can you imagine irl:

New signing joins - watch him in training and he appears to be be first team ready:

Manager - 'hey new dude, id like to be able to play you in the first team so therefore I need to give you a new contract on more money'

New Dude 'you mean you want to start me in the first team AND give me much more money'

Manager - 'Yes'

New Dude ' No thanks I've only just joined and signed this contract so I'd actually prefer not to play and earn a pittance if its alright with you'

Manager 'hmmmmmmm'

Just now, formerlyiab said:

Couple of feedback points:

• Whilst I like the development centre as a whole - I wish there was a way to go directly to my under 23 and under 18 squad from the sidebar rather than the amount of clicks it takes now.
  • With the new work permit rules being based around wages it would be nice to be able to renegotiate new signing contracts when they join in order to lift their wage above the minimum required to be able to be eligible, can you imagine irl:

New signing joins - watch him in training and he appears to be be first team ready:

Manager - 'hey new dude, id like to be able to play you in the first team so therefore I need to give you a new contract on more money'

New Dude 'you mean you want to start me in the first team AND give me much more money'

Manager - 'Yes'

New Dude ' No thanks I've only just joined and signed this contract so I'd actually prefer not to play and earn a pittance if its alright with you'

Manager 'hmmmmmmm'

This has been mentioned many times. It's only hidden if you have your staff doing everything regarding those squads (games, individual/team training). Take over one thing and it will reappear.

Otherwise, right-click Dev Centre and you can use the context menu.

48 minutes ago, theballstopshere said:

Nice goal. Unfortunately I see a couple of errors. The goalkeeper's reaction towards the second ball was shocking and unreal (seems like nothing has changed for this). A professional goalkeeper would have dived to cover his left post.  Secondly (and a more forgivable error), the covering defender was not even making a tackle to prevent the shot. 

Errors should happen. Football matches are strewn with errors

Firstly, I'm not sure he should he getting down to that not every keeper will be able to and should be able to react like that, especially after making a save. That kind of reaction separates the DDG and Ter Stegens of the world from the rest. And we need keepers not quite getting there too. 

Secondly: which covering defender?as I look at it the closest one is no position other than foul him from behind (pen). The other two would be getting in the keepers way. 

52 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It defeintley got released before midnight last year. I remember being at work and checking this forum to see it had been released

Yeah funnily enough I was working too and saw a tweet from Miles saying it had gone live or something like that. 

5 minutes ago, MrManagerMan said:

Yeah funnily enough I was working too and saw a tweet from Miles saying it had gone live or something like that. 

A little forum searching tells me it went live at 18:26 (UK time).

3 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Firstly, not every keeper will be able to and should be able to react like that, especially after making a save. That kind of reaction separates the DDG and Ter Stegens of the world from the rest

Secondly: which covering defender? The closest one is no position other than foul him from behind (pen). The other two would be getting in the keepers way. 

Of course errors should happen, own goals, wrong back pass, a pass that sold the keeper short... I was wrong in using the word 'error'. It should be an AI error.

But that goal happened with the GK totally rooted despite

1) there not being a single team mate that the attacker could have crossed the ball to

2) the GK having the entire view in front of him, knowing that there was no other opposing players in the box (hence perhaps the long shot)

3) the goalmouth on his left was gaping even though almost all GKs will know to cover their near post (he did not even dive)

You can't seriously tell me that only Allison and Ter Stegen would have know to cover that spot? In fact, all professional keepers should know that his near post must always be guarded, more so when there were no opposing players to cover. At the very least, he could have dived. But he was totally rooted. 

Well unless you are telling me that the guy who posted the video was playing a conference team. This is something I would like to know. 

11 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Firstly, I'm not sure he should he getting down to that not every keeper will be able to and should be able to react like that, especially after making a save. That kind of reaction separates the DDG and Ter Stegens of the world from the rest. And we need keepers not quite getting there too. 

Secondly: which covering defender?as I look at it the closest one is no position other than foul him from behind (pen). The other two would be getting in the keepers way. 

Need to add that was the GK from RKC Waalwijk, a club expected to finish dead last in Eredivisie. I ended up defeating them 6-0.

2 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There you go then 😂

Dutch first division may not be the best but is definitely no slouch. And tbh, from what I have seen so far, I am not surprised if other goalkeepers (who are better) are reacting likewise to second balls. It has been an issue for a long time. 

Of course I am happy to be proven otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is all included in the game :thup:

We are a little tighter on unnecessary/excessive praise than you suggest, for realism and gameplay reasons, but otherwise this all occurs, including personality dictating how a player responds and positive interactions building relationships.

That's good to know, I'm sure over time it will even further evolve too.  I just feel a bit wary of praising at the moment because sometimes the reactions can be a bit excessively negative even if it's in the first time praising a player or different scenarios such as congratulating on a national achievement.

1 minute ago, theballstopshere said:

Dutch first division may not be the best but is definitely no slouch. And tbh, from what I have seen so far, I am not surprised if other goalkeepers (who are better) are reacting likewise to second balls. It has been an issue for a long time. 

Of course I am happy to be proven otherwise. 

I've seen plenty of top level keeps in my games making reaction saves. Hugo lloris is particularly annoyingly good at it 

10 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

I've seen plenty of top level keeps in my games making reaction saves. Hugo lloris is particularly annoyingly good at it 

Sounds like someone at SI has been generous with his ratings ;)

Edited by Kingstontom88

Okay. So after several more matches. Seen some of the issues others are talking about here. 

Wingers and wingbacks taking shots from wide is one. Can be a bit frustrating. 

Tried asking them to should less often, but it's made Rashford completely ineffective. Sometimes the midfield feels a little static, not sure if due to attributes, but they'll play a one two between each other in the middle forever. 

Not affected my results till this game, but I just played Wolves and got battered 3-0. They had about four 1v1s all  and I had around 7 or so, and a few more chances missed in front of goal. 

So basically, all in all, it's a normal United vs Wolves game. 

However, I don't mind the goals Wolves scored, as I expected that I was going to be hit hard on the counter, based on the sheer volume of chances, it should have been an easy 3-2, 3-3 result. High scoring, but based on the gameplay, it would have been a decent result. Not worried about the loss. Going hard against Wolves is a bit daft, but I felt that missing so many 1v1s and the wide shots is a bit headache inducing. 

A few hours to release, so I think we won't see too much on this front soon. 

3 minutes ago, MrManagerMan said:

Wow. They are bad. Could happen in real life I suppose but if that happens to my team in FM20 I’ll sack every player lol 

What continues to be missing are animations that show keepers diving at the feet of opposition players to smother loose balls. This happens at all levels of the game, including amateur. 

I don't know if this is something anyone else is experiencing but it's seems that 90% of the time, as any player is running into the box they will not pass, regardless of how tight the angle is or how likely they look to score.  There are typically in these situations one or two players onside that they can pass to but they shoot and invariably, the majority of the time, miss. I've changed the options in my tactics to tell players to cross more often and take less shots but it doesn't change anything. I've noticed this with the opposition sides also. Is this a known issue? 

2 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

This has been mentioned many times. It's only hidden if you have your staff doing everything regarding those squads (games, individual/team training). Take over one thing and it will reappear.

Otherwise, right-click Dev Centre and you can use the context menu.

Yeah just do a lot more work you don't care about or want to do and you'll get your useful shortcut back. Great new feature.

1 minute ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I really, really, really hope the ME gets another overhaul in the full release because at the minute it's just a frustrating mess for me. Love everything else about the game except the ME at the minute. 

I'd expect a new ME to come with the full release tbh. 

Not a guarantee of course but I'd imagine a new build will be pushed out. 

1 minute ago, craigcwwe said:

I'd expect a new ME to come with the full release tbh. 

Not a guarantee of course but I'd imagine a new build will be pushed out. 

Here's hoping because there is nothing worse than seeing one on one's constantly missed but 30 yard worldies, mistakes and set pieces accounting for 75% of all goals.