Football Manager 2020 Pre-Release Beta *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my view

my strikers are still regularly missing one on ones...instead of the keeper making good saves, now my player just passes it to their keeper (even players with shoot with power), or they'll completely scuff their shot wide.

also my wide players are still shooting instead of just squaring the ball. i play 442, so most times my FB does will and runs with the ball, gets near the byline and shoots when theirs two strikers free in the box.

also getting more injuries too. 

and players closing down, i got high intensity but not the highest, my LOE is high but not the highest, but when opp defence has the ball, all my players run towards the ball, 1 doesnt go to close down, about 3/4 players go at the same time and its easy for them to pass my players easily. i never noticed much before, but now it just looks crazy

fast dribblers are also over the top when dribbling with the ball, they just ghost past players with way too much ease

9 minutes ago, thejay said:

Just because its right for you they should not update? 

What I was actually implying was that I'd rather they not update it and fix some of the outstanding flaws if it meant causing other parts of the engine to go backwards. If you remember, this happened at the beta stage for FM19 last year. One of the early builds was really solid, but after an update, it regressed. I know we all want the engine to be perfect but with the millions of calculations per second, I'd rather have the one we have now than risk fixing one thing to break 10 others. 

Gerade eben schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

What I was actually implying was that I'd rather they not update it and fix some of the outstanding flaws if it meant causing other parts of the engine to go backwards. If you remember, this happened at the beta stage for FM19 last year. One of the early builds was really solid, but after an update, it regressed. I know we all want the engine to be perfect but with the millions of calculations per second, I'd rather have the one we have now than risk fixing one thing to break 10 others. 

I don't want it to be perfect but this match engine is far form it don't worry. 

The point is that for you it might be good enough but for someone else who wants to play different football its unworkable. 

2 minutes ago, thejay said:

but for someone else who wants to play different football its unworkable. 

Is it really though? Are you maybe just expecting too much?  I dunno. I'm enjoying it, and the general consensus on here (which is a highly critical section of the FM fanbase) is that the latest update has improved things considerably. SI will never be able to please everybody. It's just the nature of the beast. 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Do you have any data on goals types Jack? Corners, penalties, free-kicks, open play & the like  

Yeah we have data on all the different types of goals and try to find a balance (which can be very difficult at times). But what's also just as important is the 'eye-test' since the data can only tell us so much. We use both data + our own experiences when watching matches to help inform our decisions.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Dagenham_Dave:

Is it really though? Are you maybe just expecting too much?  I dunno. I'm enjoying it, and the general consensus on here (which is a highly critical section of the FM fanbase) is that the latest update has improved things considerably. SI will never be able to please everybody. It's just the nature of the beast. 

Yes it is and I suspect the general consensus will adjust when the has been out longer. 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, akinozcan said:

Thanks for answer. In which match detail level did you get this ratio? Main stages or none? 

I should have clarified - those stats were for the premier league (the RL stats are from the premier league 18/19 season).

24 minutes ago, Defensive said:

How is the variety of goals in the newest ME? Reading different things here but this is a very important part for me so more feedback would be appreciated. :-)

Good variety for me. 

I had two world class Paul Pogba long range goals, plenty of headed goals, a one on one and a one on one where he rounded the keeper.

I saw attempted cutbacks, which were cut out by the defence, lots of crosses to the back post that are getting cut out as well.

Pogba in DLP/S is pinging off some absolutely ridiculous passes into the box, often lofted passes, but they're the type I've seen him do IRL and it's great to see it happening here closer to the box - something I've seldom see from DLP/S in previous games, usually they're more long range passers for me.

If I have any complaint it would be I'm still having difficulty getting the AM involved in the build up and I'm also having a lot of difficulty getting the IF to work at ML/R - In all instalments I've had them get the ball and run, or be a goal threat. In FM20 I cannot replicate that at the moment, but I'm seeing similar movement (i.e. they get up into the box like a striker, it's just they're not doing much of the dribbling-works).

Just now, pats said:

Is the ME 2016 locked for the full release version or will there be more ME changes before the release?

Only SI will know and they probably won't openly share this info. Personally I'd be surprised if they try to shoehorn any more tweaks in because it's an incredibly tough balancing act, and fundamentally the ME is in a good place right now.

5 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Good variety for me. 

I had two world class Paul Pogba long range goals, plenty of headed goals, a one on one and a one on one where he rounded the keeper.

I saw attempted cutbacks, which were cut out by the defence, lots of crosses to the back post that are getting cut out as well.

Pogba in DLP/S is pinging off some absolutely ridiculous passes into the box, often lofted passes, but they're the type I've seen him do IRL and it's great to see it happening here closer to the box - something I've seldom see from DLP/S in previous games, usually they're more long range passers for me.

If I have any complaint it would be I'm still having difficulty getting the AM involved in the build up and I'm also having a lot of difficulty getting the IF to work at ML/R - In all instalments I've had them get the ball and run, or be a goal threat. In FM20 I cannot replicate that at the moment, but I'm seeing similar movement (i.e. they get up into the box like a striker, it's just they're not doing much of the dribbling-works).

Good feedback. Thanks. 

Regarding IW/IF lack of dribbling though, have you tried them on 'Be more disciplined' tactical setting to see if they follow your instruction? IMO, lack of dribbling by them could also be due to the amount of creative freedom they are allowed to have.

Edited by pats

4 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Only SI will know and they probably won't openly share this info. Personally I'd be surprised if they try to shoehorn any more tweaks in because it's an incredibly tough balancing act, and fundamentally the ME is in a good place right now.

I've just loaded up my Hibs save on Classic mode to try that since the update. First game away to Celtic, and although we were on the receiving end, some of the football Celtic were playing was delightful. Two tremendous through balls from Ntcham (to Edouard and McGregor respectively), it was a joy to watch, even though my team were smashed. I've personally never seen an FM match engine look as good as this. 

7 minutes ago, pats said:

Regarding IW/IF lack of dribbling though,

What lack of dribbling? I wished mine would stop dribbling so much. It was happening on my stream..beats everyone and then fails to square the ball

3 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

What lack of dribbling? I wished mine would stop dribbling so much. It was happening on my stream..beats everyone and then fails to square the ball

Same here, that's the only annoying part of this ME. Players don't shoot from impossible angles, but are still ignoring much better passing options.

Three games played on the beta beta, :D and it seems to be an improvement on the original ME so far. 

As for the dribbling mentioned above, my wide men are dribbling, beating players and squaring/pulling the ball back from the byline and we're scoring which wasn't really happening in the first ME we got. 

Edited by craigcwwe

2 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

How do we get this beta beta? Note, I haven't purchased the original beta yet, but like what I'm hearing about the beta beta! 

After you purchase the game, right click Football Manager 2020 in your steam library to goto preferences. Then under the Betas tab, opt in for the public beta.

Edited by rain94

10 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Three games played on the beta beta, :D and it seems to be an improvement on the original beta so far. 

As for the dribbling mentioned above, my wide men are dribbling, beating players and squaring/pulling the ball back from the byline and we're scoring which wasn't really happening in the first ME we got. 

my wide men are not squaring/knocking the ball back, they're still shooting from mad angles, despite me using a TM lol. everyone seems to getting something different...my wide players dribble so much, get in great crossing positions but will do everything but cross 

2 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

my wide men are not squaring/knocking the ball back, they're still shooting from mad angles, despite me using a TM lol. everyone seems to getting something different...my wide players dribble so much, get in great crossing positions but will do everything but cross 

Yeah it still happens, had it just now from my IW-S, picked up the ball, cut inside, beat his man, 2-3 yards away from the byline and shot from a poor angle. 

It has improved though overall from the original ME. 

Edited by craigcwwe

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Yeah it still happens, had it just now from my IW-S, picked up the ball, cut inside, beat his man 3 yards away from the byline and shot from a poor angle. 

It has improved though overall from the original ME. 

yeah it happens every game for me.

my STs havent improved in 1v1 situations either. since the Public Beta, they just get less 1v1s, but still miss them all

after played a few games in the last ME, the gameplay is nice, offensive and defensive, but i think there is something weird with fouls, in a few games i got 1+ penalties and now am playing a champions league game and look at this

image.thumb.png.aa8cae5e30c69652c7672fd02bafe228.png

8 yellows and 1 red card only in the first half, i dont want to be complaining about every detail of the game but this may be a problem, am not sure if it is or not

Edited by kertiek

7 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

yeah it happens every game for me.

my STs havent improved in 1v1 situations either. since the Public Beta, they just get less 1v1s, but still miss them all

Are you sure you're on the new ME?

I saw it in the few games I played, both squaring the ball & 1-on-1's scored

Saw a lot more running from players that were supposed to too 

Edited by Johnny Ace

2 minutes ago, kertiek said:

after played a few games in the last ME, the gameplay is nice, offensive and defensive, but i think there is something weird with fouls, in a few games i got 1+ penalties and now am playing a champions league game and look at this

8 yellows and 1 red card only the first half, i dont want to be complaining about every detail of the game but this may be a problem, am not sure if it is or not

See how it goes for the next 5 matches or so then report it if it's still crazy high 

Just now, Johnny Ace said:

Are you sure you're on the new ME?

I saw it in the few games I played

yep. defo the new ME. i have improvements in cross field balls, and teams just kicking long and unlocking defenders. but i dont see any STs improvements regarding 1v1 situation, i just get less 1v1s, and wide players still making ridiculous decisions...i just had Rojo score a 91st min 45 yard goal from his left back position lol. they took a throw in and he shot and it just looped in.

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, kertiek said:

8 yellows and 1 red card only the first half, i dont want to be complaining about every detail of the game but this may be a problem, am not sure if it is or not

Could you PM me a PKM of this match and i'll have a look?

Best thing is to just play the game (if you have the beta) because it's like you drive in your car and see these signs for a new McDonald's menu. Suddenly, all that is in your head is this burger menu and this is all you see. You keep seeing each of the signs, each of the commercials on TV, and it seems to be everywhere in your life.

The same thing here, you are all happy enjoying your game, then you read a message in the forum about some player doing X and then that is all you see and more and more and it snowballs and it annoys you so much that you won't play anymore.

Just ignore the burger signs !!!

Play the game without influence and you'll enjoy :)

1 minute ago, tyro said:

Best thing is to just play the game (if you have the beta) because it's like you drive in your car and see these signs for a new McDonald's menu. Suddenly, all that is in your head is this burger menu and this is all you see. You keep seeing each of the signs, each of the commercials on TV, and it seems to be everywhere in your life.

The same thing here, you are all happy enjoying your game, then you read a message in the forum about some player doing X and then that is all you see and more and more and it snowballs and it annoys you so much that you won't play anymore.

Best advice yet. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb tyro:

You dont need any influence to see that the me is not quite there yet 

2 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

As for the angle shooting, I feel like it's better. Before, players were shooting from impossible angle (red rectangle), now they are shooting from just bad angle and ignoring teammates in better positions (blue).

What role & duty do these players generally have? I'm finding my IF(S) is more generous in the box & will look for others, where my W(A) is more likely to have a shot than supply someone else, which is pretty much what I would expect them to do   

13 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

What role & duty do these players generally have? I'm finding my IF(S) is more generous in the box & will look for others, where my W(A) is more likely to have a shot than supply someone else, which is pretty much what I would expect them to do   

As I mentioned in a previous post earlier, my IW-S is getting into the half space and making himself available for the pass and looking to create a goal scoring chance for the other more attack minded players, really nice to see. 

2 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

As I mentioned in a previous post earlier, my IW-S is getting into the half space and making himself available for the pass and looking to create a goal scoring chance for the other more attack minded players, really nice to see. 

Yeah, I found the wide guys to be working well

They're less crazy but my fullback kept getting caught offside though, that's something I'll keep an eye on 

18 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I tried IF,W and IW, but mainly attack duties. Will try changing them to support when I get back home

2 minutes ago, Iwabik said:

I tried IF,W and IW, but mainly attack duties. Will try changing them to support when I get back home

Yeah, keep your eye on your support guys, if they're being selfish it's still a problem but I found them fine 

1 minute ago, Carlf788 said:

One on ones hardly ever seem to be scored. Also will the club logos be added next week when the full version is out and will juventus have their proper name?

club logos will only be available where theyve got licences for juventus will still be zebra for the same reason no licence