[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

I am definitely going to do a Venezia save on FM2022 cos of their kit and I like managing underdogs. Also they have a great player in Gianluca Busio and they also have other good players in the squad including Ethan Ampadu and Sergio Romero. 

I think Venezia will be as good of a save as when I managed Parma in FM2021.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Chiesa and de Ligt no? Or do you plan to sell them to buy other players? Maybe even Kaio Jorge could develop decently but yes, there is a lot of work to do to make this team competitive again! 

PS: Dybala also :D 

Yeah Chiesa and De Ligt will be staying Dybala first couple of seasons then cash in I think. 

7 minutes ago, Ivan787 said:

Hi guys,

as an Inter fan can someone tell me how FM22 deal with Eriksen status?

Is him present in the game?

Is him "simply" injured or what else?

Thanks

In game he is unavailable due to medical reasons until 30/06/2022 not sure if this has been changed for final release.

6 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Only 10 points between 12th and 20th what a close season. Good job finishing 2nd too shame your rivals won it. Good luck next season.

Cheers. We won the Champions League though. Felt a bit "easy". Normally I don't do too well

1 hour ago, WilsonJuve said:

Talk about a silver lining :eek: GG who were the stars of the season?

Florenzi had the highest rating. He played in a couple of different positions in 2 different systems. Theo was class, played him as a libero, WCB and IWB and managed all roles well. Zlatan was top scorer with only 17 in all comps. Leao, Tonali, Diaz and Rebic all performed well.

Probably wont do a second season though

17 minutes ago, Rub Me said:

Will Lautaro contract have made the cut?

No I don't believe it will have miles tweeted this on October 31st "I've come to peace with it - data lock is in place, was in place before Koeman went, and we're not breaking the lock as it'll mean not being able to release on November 9th if we do."
I believe Koman got sacked the same day Martinez contract was signed.

Any suggestion for a Serie B Team with some decent talent but not expected to get promotion immediately ? Was thinking of maybe taking Pisa, mainly for the hyped young Target Man which looks (from another 3 season save elsewhere) like they have a decent chance of keeping around 2,3 years.

3 hours ago, Marinho said:

Any suggestion for a Serie B Team with some decent talent but not expected to get promotion immediately ? Was thinking of maybe taking Pisa, mainly for the hyped young Target Man which looks (from another 3 season save elsewhere) like they have a decent chance of keeping around 2,3 years.

I'd be leaning towards Pisa. I looked closely at them last year and with Lucca in addition to Birindelli, you have large slices of quality at a club which would be fun to build up.

Como would be my other suggestion. Including the location :cool:

Edited by Jogo Bonito

Now full release has happened i had a look at Catania financials and they have been made to reflect real life. £200 in the bank and £51m in debt. No transfer budget and over the wage budget.

Time to get cracking with the save. This is going to be some challenge.

Edited by wicksyFM

9 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

Now full release has happened i had a look at Catania financials and they have been made to reflect real life. £200 in the bank and £51m in debt. No transfer budget and over the wage budget.

Enjoy Serie C-C. I'll be in the same league as you, not too far away from Catania.

9 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

Good luck with this! The club is on my Italian shortlist, will be interesting to see how a club so far down the pyramid copes with such a large amount of debt.

2 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Good luck with this! The club is on my Italian shortlist, will be interesting to see how a club so far down the pyramid copes with such a large amount of debt.

They have good attendances so i think the debt will be just about manageable. But i cant see myself spending any money on players or wages. Think i will have to look at young players with room to improve, which isnt a bad thing as Catania have lots of players over 30 on big wages

8 hours ago, dastrokes said:

Recently saw that some former serie a legends like Del Piero, Vieri, De Rossi got coaching license, as a Juve fan, I picked Del Piero as a RP save, Padova seems like a reasonable starting job if he ever decided to coach.

image.png.7b037b123b4654b8754e518950467c5e.png

Heyo, how did you manage to have a static photo as the manager face instead of the avatar? Tried to do that in the past, but I've failed.

3 hours ago, stgahoy said:

Heyo, how did you manage to have a static photo as the manager face instead of the avatar? Tried to do that in the past, but I've failed.

Go to Preferences and you can add a standard photo your manager after they have been created.

So I've started my new save as Juve, as this is my usual first save of the year.

Mister Agnelli decided to get rid of out dated coaching mentality of Allegri and hired another legend of the recent years - Claudio Marchisio has been appointed the manager!

spacer.png

spacer.png

My vision of the club relies on buying players from Serie A and Italian players, with a small mix of international ingredient on positions where I won't be able to find players locally - I can imagine there will be some positions of shortage. Another thing I'll want to focus on is to healthen up the clubs finance situation, and get rid of the ballast there is in the team, but I don't want to go the unreal way of bringing full team of 19yr old wonderkids, I'll try to keep it kind of realistic.

Just started the save, and I'll have a look if I'll do any changes at the very start.

My go-to formation will be a 4-4-2(4-2-2-2) with wingers playing higher up the field.

spacer.png

As of the team I'm having and the budget I have, I wont be able to make much changes therefore Im eyeing a defence of   Alex Sandro - Bonucci - De Ligt - Cuadrado, the midfield duo of Locatelli and McKennie, Chiesa on the left and Kulusevski on the right wing. With Morata and Dybala on the top. And hope to replace Morata with Kaio Jorge after the season, depending on how good he progresses with Moise Kean on the rotation also.

Really hyped about Rovella coming back at the end of the season, as he'll be one of the players I'll really want to get invovled.

Player targets/plans for the nearest future:

• Renewal of Dybala's contract
  • Davide Calabria - he looks like the perfect player for my team, we'll see if there's any chance to get him in the team
  • Lorenzo Lucca - probably a plan for the summer after we'll bid farewell to Morata

And we'll see what happens more ;)

Okay so I'm in September, not much transfers done as I didnt want to do much changes to the team.

spacer.png

So I've offloaded De Sciglio, a big contract out of the salary list, and Perin also freeing some of the wages. I've decided to go for Audero as a replacement for Perin as a backup + another home-grown in the team ;) (I think this is my most common transfer ever haha, feel like I always do it)

Now the hard part to convince Dybala to stay, starting to feel this might be a huge challenge and I might loose him.

12 hours ago, stgahoy said:

Could someone who is past 1st January 2022, check on their saves if AI manages to re-sign Dybalas contract, if so what is its starting date?

Yes in the two saves I did so far, he re-signed with Juve both times. However in both saves during the first transfer window he refuses to sign a new contract and gets transfer listed. First save (with Newcastle) he stayed with Juve and eventually re-signed. Second save (with Inter) I got him on loan for the season which is weird since Inter and Juve are rivals. Ended up forming a devastating duo with Lautaro on the way to a quadruple season (Super Cup, Serie A, Coppa Italia and Champions League) but by the time January came around to sign him on a free he had already re-signed with Juve. Hope this helps.

Well I'm in mid January - and... Dybala wanted to discuss terms after he gotten offers from Chelsea and PSG. But he demanded €375k p/w and some crazy add-ons (but he accepted PSGs €235k p/w - great FM logic), and I wasnt interested to pay so much after I already had agreed a new number 10 in the mean time, a new dynasty is coming to Turin. Splashed hard on this one, but I think I've never managed him in the game :D

spacer.png

I've also brought Gabriel Barbosa as a rotation player, I've paid €5M + €13,5M over 3 years, so I think those are pretty good terms, had to pay €140k p/w which is on a high side I would say, but I've needed someone for the very moment as I have injury issues, and he looks really classy, I guess he was the best option at the given moment.

spacer.png

Players I'm eyeing for the summer:

- Gianluca Mancini from Rome

- Giacomo Raspadori from Sassuolo

- Lorenzo Lucca from Pisa

and probably I'll want to take advantage on some opportunities. Most likely Arthur/Rabiot will leave in summer, and I hope I'll manage to sell Ramsey for whatever or just get rid of his contract. I'm looking at extending Bernardeschi's and Cuadrado's contracts, but we'll see if I can get them to sign decent terms, as of now they ask way too high.

Edited by stgahoy

Me and a mate are doing a network game, he’s Milan and I’m Inter.

I’m pretty much resigned to the fact Brozovic will leave and Martinez has his release clause - if anyone pays £95m I’ll take it and reinvest I think.

Any recommendations on players to replace Brozovic? I rejected £40m at the start of the season but he’ll be off on a free at the end of the season unless he miraculously changes his mind.

Thanks

57 minutes ago, jlawlor91 said:

Me and a mate are doing a network game, he’s Milan and I’m Inter.

I’m pretty much resigned to the fact Brozovic will leave and Martinez has his release clause - if anyone pays £95m I’ll take it and reinvest I think.

Any recommendations on players to replace Brozovic? I rejected £40m at the start of the season but he’ll be off on a free at the end of the season unless he miraculously changes his mind.

Thanks

Have a look at Mateo Kovacic - he's hardly playing for Chelsea on my save and he has been transfer listed on request around February he seems really good, and with Inter history ;) Other cheap option is Van de Beek, and you might want to have a look at Veretout from Roma, I would also look at Mikel Merino, and Fabian from Napoli. I'm guessing its all about how much you would want to spend, if you want a younger more expensive options players like Gravenberch, Bellingham (super expensive) might be on your radar.

7 hours ago, stgahoy said:

Have a look at Mateo Kovacic - he's hardly playing for Chelsea on my save and he has been transfer listed on request around February he seems really good, and with Inter history ;) Other cheap option is Van de Beek, and you might want to have a look at Veretout from Roma, I would also look at Mikel Merino, and Fabian from Napoli. I'm guessing its all about how much you would want to spend, if you want a younger more expensive options players like Gravenberch, Bellingham (super expensive) might be on your radar.

Cheers for the suggestions, I’ll check out Brozovic’s compatriot.

I’ve purposely shied away from Merino and Gravenberch because they’re on my Newcastle team. Bellingham would be great but out of my price range.

I do have Paredes in on loan but he’s out for a few months. Vidal and Vecino are also leaving in Jan but I play with 3 x CMs so a new one is a must.

@stgahoyA great coup to pick up Mbappe. Some nice other targets too.

I've just got my Palermo game underway, it will be a long-term project that I will dip in and out of through the entirety of FM22. I'll post main updates on the FMCU page, with more general stuff in here. My intro posts are linked below for anyone interested.

Start a Zeman tactic in every FM.

Have been testing this year's version and I saw Simeone scoring 4 against Lazio recommended on Youtube so decided to see how I would do with Hellas.

It's going ok so far lol... 

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 17.14.32 (1).jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 17.14.51.jpg

Edited by lckyby

Ok so I'm done with season 1

We've won the league ahead of Inter and Milan, Torino came in 4th with a big surprise with Lazio Atalanta and Napoli securing the rest european competitions slots. The season felt more tough than the table shows, for most of the season we were tied or within 1 points with Inter, but they started to drop points in the late season.

spacer.png

We have done outstanding in the Champions League, which came to a big surprise for me. In a group of Man City, Wolfsburg and Porto we've came in 1st, with..... 6 wins - we've won all the games which was just crazy.

First knockout stage vs Borussia Dortmund - felt like a really strange game both were just a goal galore won both legs 4-3(A) and 6-2(H) - felt like every shot is finding the net

In the Quarter Finals we've drawn Man City our group rivals, after a 1-1 at home, the 2nd leg looked like a tough challenge but we've managed to pull it off with a 2-0 win at the Etihad.

In the semis we've faced another English club, the defending champions Chelsea, and I felt this games went way too easy with 4-0 (H) and 5-2(A) again had this feeling that everything finds the net

And the final it was the curse of Juventus, we've faced PSG with their super team, where they dominated early on with a goal from Sergio Ramos, but we've managed to equalize with Moratas hit, with 4 minutes later Paredes got sent off, we've looked to be in the drivers seat for this one, but... we didnt manage to score, and eventually lost it in the penalties, the curse is real!

spacer.png

spacer.png

In the Italian Cup we've lost in the semis to Inter - after a painful 0-3 (A) we've managed to pull back at home with 3-2 win, but  that wasn't enough.

A great season nontheless, probably felt somewhat too easy (espescially past March, I felt like before that it felt really good, with the close battle for the league) with some Juve players are still a bit overrated in the game. Anyway had some good fun, and looking forward for the new season, pre-season and transfer window update coming soon ;).

Okay so transfers done, window is closed

My transfers looked like this:

spacer.png

Great prices I've got for Gosens and Mancini which really made me happy :) Apart from those on screen I've bought Lorenzo Lucca for €11M (rising to €12.5M) and Andrea Papetti for his clausule €6M not sure why they dont appear here. Papetti got loaned out to Sassuolo and what makes me happy is that he's a starter for them which is great. I've also "acquired" two loanees one in Rovella (TOP!) and Demiral came back after Atalanta has not bought him out, Chiellini retired after the season, so a great replacement without investing :).

I havent sign Morata from the loan option, and had a crazy idea of signing Immobile but that didnt work as Lazio marked him as unsellable.

Pellegrini wanted to leave after Arsenal approached him, and he didnt want to talk contract with me so that's why I've sold him and went for Gosens who was available suprisingly cheap.

On the offloading side I've managed to get rid of Pjaca (€1.9M to CSKA Moscow) and Frabotta (€4.2M to Atalanta). On the deadline day I've got an offer for Rabiot (€30M from Liverpool) which was really tempting as he's contract is running out and probably I will not want to pay his crazy demands, but it was really late to get a replacement and I decided to reject. I might extend his deal and sell him in the summer. Ruganis deal is quite good (altough I have to deduct around €2M from that fee as they wanted me to participate in his wages for the last year of contract).

I've also had an offer of €20M + €6M over 3 installemnts from Inter for Alex Sandro which I felt is a really good offer, but well I didnt have any real replacement available, already two LBs left me (Pelle and Frabotta) so I felt I dont have good options to sell.

As of the transfers in the league:

spacer.png

Inter splashed the money on  the unhappy Luis Alberto, and they also brought Tuanzebe from Man U for €27M  and the Turkish wonderkid goalkeeper Cakir on a cheap deal €4M loan + €10M buy out. But most importantly they havent sold any of their best players.

Milan bought Damsgaard and Sanabria, and Lazio bought Schick

Other notable departures from the league were Vlahovic to Tottenham for €38M, Castrovilli went to Hertha, and Milenković went to United - so basically Fiorentina is dead now, but they brought in Raul Jimenez from Wolves which kind of surprised me.

Belotti signed for Man U for free, I've tried to sign him too but he chose the English club.

I'm targeting Theo Hernandez now - he's unsettled and wanting to join me, but the price tag as of now is crazy at €96M

Edited by stgahoy

Gone for Fiorentina this year round. Fun save, some nice additions in the summer and keeping hold of Dusan will be key. 

The board have accepted a £30m fee for Milenkovic on deadline day which has left me with not a lot of time to bring a replacement in (annoyingly only 55% of transfer revenue currently too)

Papetti is joining in the summer. Diallo has been signed but still need one more CB. Any recommendations? 

Defence is the weakest part in this squad. 

1 hour ago, Daws88 said:

Gone for Fiorentina this year round. Fun save, some nice additions in the summer and keeping hold of Dusan will be key. 

The board have accepted a £30m fee for Milenkovic on deadline day which has left me with not a lot of time to bring a replacement in (annoyingly only 55% of transfer revenue currently too)

Papetti is joining in the summer. Diallo has been signed but still need one more CB. Any recommendations? 

Excellent choice. If I was managing in Serie A, they would have been my pick for sure.

Would Danilho Doekhi or Gianluca Mancini be in budget?

3 hours ago, Daws88 said:

If the board accepted for Milenkovic I would be seriously worried about keeping Dusan. Buongiorno usually turns out good him and Papetti were my defensive partnership last year and were unreal.

9 minutes ago, unanonymous7 said:

@stgahoy Are there any interesting youngsters at Juve? Particularly wondering on these players:

• Fagioli
  • Ranocchia
  • Miretti
  • Zuelli
  • Da Graca
  • Soule
  • Solberg

Thanks!

Fagioli looks decent, but does not look like he would be a starter for a club like Juve. Soule looks rather disappointing. Koni De Winter looks good and promising. Solberg looks decent - the rest I would say is not much of a talent. The best talent is obviously Rovella who is not home grown ;)  I think the most  you can expect is a rotation player from the current academy, they dont look like first team material.

Edited by stgahoy

5 minutes ago, big daddy said:

Not a single peron has noticed that the italian fixtures are broken? everygame is played on a satuday.

Ok nevermind it was a default make every game be played wednesday and saturday option in preferences.

why was that thing on by default ??

ruined my perfect Inter season.

Finally decided on my long term save. I was originally wanting to pick a team from Sicily as no team from there had won Serie A the front runners were Messina as they are the least successful and Catania due to there interesting debt of £50m. But I have found a new club which ticked all my long save boxes and that is Ancona Matelica a merger of two clubs S.S Matelica Calcio 1921 and Anconitana. As the club was only formed in 2021 they have absolutely no history to date. As I said this is perfect as going forward every promotion/trophy will be the first in the clubs history. Hopefully we can make a lasting legacy.